Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For the past week I've been playing Hero Hunters, a cover shooter with character collecting. The game looks great and the levels are short and fun. The gameplay is a bit mindless though; the game introduces some mechanics to keep you on your toes but you get so much firepower so quickly you can pretty much just blast through.

In other news Tekken for Mobile is getting a staggered official launch release over the next month:

February 1st: Latin America, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa, South East Asia
February 15th: UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Benelux, Singapore
March 1st: United States, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong

It's also already been soft-launched in a handful of countries such as Australia.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Also out right now is Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, to coincide with the release of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on consoles.

I'm playing this to stave off my gacha addiction. I kinda like it in that you don't randomly get Final Fantasy CHARACTERS, as you'd expect - those just show up as part of the story. All you're rolling for are their weapons. They've been ultra generous for early adopters, giving you enough currency for (3) 11-weapon rolls once you finish the tutorial stage with a guaranteed "5-star" on each roll, plus a ticket for a single roll as part of the storyline that I think also guarantees a 5-star weapon. It's free, so if you have any nostalgia for these characters and want a harmless little turn based romp with your Final Fantasy favorites, give it a go.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Also been playing and enjoying Opera Omnia. It's a refreshing change of pace from Brave Exvius. The combat is pretty simple but has some strategy to it. Best of all (to me) there's no energy to manage so you can pick up and play as long or as short as you want.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

hamsystem posted:

Also been playing and enjoying Opera Omnia. It's a refreshing change of pace from Brave Exvius. The combat is pretty simple but has some strategy to it. Best of all (to me) there's no energy to manage so you can pick up and play as long or as short as you want.

:same:

Game id: 225450898

This is one of those games I'll play until I hit the point where I can't get any further for free, then if it's still fun enough, I'll drop some dollars on. The only gacha game I cared enough about to spend cash on was Valkyrie Connect, but once I got to end game, it became apparent I needed certain things that were rare as gently caress or took way to long to grind.

This will also probably be that, but at least it doesn't have the Monty Python lazy-rear end 2D puppet animations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Added you. I'm 860404283.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sure, why not? Followed both of you, I'm 109817542. Did a bit of rerolling and got a nice stack of 5* gear. Currently trying to power my through until I can get Terra because FF6.

You actually have enough currency for 4 10+1s if you do the story up through chapter 1 and do the half-price story character one, which doesn't take very long.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 1, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Sure, why not? Followed both of you, I'm 109817542. Did a bit of rerolling and got a nice stack of 5* gear. Currently trying to power my through until I can get Terra because FF6.

You actually have enough currency for 4 10+1s if you do the story up through chapter 1 and do the half-price story character one, which doesn't take very long.

You're right, I forgot about the half priced one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, Delver (which is both on Steam and the Play Store) just hit version 1.0, and apparently, the devs will be looking to port their updates to the mobile version eventually. I guess they were pushing that off until they officially released the main game, so :toot: because it was pretty fun a couple years ago when I was last really playing it. Definitely going to check out the update, and I'd buy it the moment it's updated for Android.

Relevant links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.interrupt.dungeoneer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249630/Delver/

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/DelverGame/status/956608901658509312

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 1, 2018

Rapner
May 7, 2013

If anyone else is playing Cosmic Eggs my friend code is 77612519343042. Come make babies with me.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Echophonic posted:

It gave me WoL and Vivi's 5 star weapons plus a 5 star Rem can use so I didn't bother re-rolling. Getting through it now is probably a good idea what with the double XP for the first 3 chars you get. The auto isn't too bad, it just doesn't heal, summon or use skills. I've only had to bother doing 2 stages by hand I think.

Is there a point to following people? I've never used a follower as the fights are so simple.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Dissidia NT: followed the people that have posted so far, my ID is 130450821.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
So far seems like 6.5 inch screens is BARELY enough for Torment.
The dialog selection buttons are tiny. Might have to get a dang stylus for my phone.

Plays perfectly fine other than selection buttons being so small. The Baldur's Gate games probably play just fine as well, but for those and Icewind Dale (hoping that they eventually find the source for IWD) I think I will just keep using the Windows versions, selecting characters on the android version is a bit too fiddly for my liking.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GB_Sign posted:

Dissidia NT: followed the people that have posted so far, my ID is 130450821.

Same. ID is 405 890 207

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Dissidia NT ID: 249973953

This game looks polished although I don't like the Facebook data backup stuff. I'm having fun going through the story. I hope this lasts a while because it seems a bit shallow in content.

I've been looking for things to scratch that MMO itch but I don't have a lot of time to play one. I tried Lineage 2 but it was very grindy but it was super cool that it played itself. Any suggestions that have a decent player base? I have been waiting to Old School Runescape mobile but if there is anything else out there it would be nice to soothe my MMO bite. How is Order and Chaos 2? I hear good things but don't see any threads here so that has me worried.

Marvel Future Fight is rad, it's like a portable version of Marvel Heroes (in some ways it's better imo). This may be something I play for a while since it's easy to pickup and has so many characters to play with.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 4, 2018

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Also playing Dissidia: 572765670

Got a pretty decent Cloud as my shared dude with a LB'd weapon that tends to just wreck stuff with Cross-Slash. Just got Bartz though and I have his 5* as well, not sure which character looks better for pure DPS. Doublehand seems like it could get nasty once masteries and passives come into play.

Enjoying that they just give you all the characters. Very refreshing. Seeing that the home screen has the light crystal in the back, I'm assuming they're going to let you field a separate team of people on the "dark" crystal side at some point (if that's not in now)? I'm only up to chapter 4 in the story at the moment. Yuna's 5* weapon's passive makes her Esuna target your whole party vs a single character and provides solid BRV boosts so she's darn near a negative effects immune BRV battery. Running WoL Cloud Yuna which seems good for now.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I'm playing Dissidia too.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Luisfe posted:

So far seems like 6.5 inch screens is BARELY enough for Torment.
The dialog selection buttons are tiny. Might have to get a dang stylus for my phone.

Plays perfectly fine other than selection buttons being so small. The Baldur's Gate games probably play just fine as well, but for those and Icewind Dale (hoping that they eventually find the source for IWD) I think I will just keep using the Windows versions, selecting characters on the android version is a bit too fiddly for my liking.

I'm playing on a 8 inch galaxy tab s2 and I'm surprised how well it works. Ive bounced off Torment a few times trying to play on PC, but for whatever reason this time it's sucked me in.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kiffetastic posted:

Also playing Dissidia: 572765670

Got a pretty decent Cloud as my shared dude with a LB'd weapon that tends to just wreck stuff with Cross-Slash. Just got Bartz though and I have his 5* as well, not sure which character looks better for pure DPS. Doublehand seems like it could get nasty once masteries and passives come into play.

Enjoying that they just give you all the characters. Very refreshing. Seeing that the home screen has the light crystal in the back, I'm assuming they're going to let you field a separate team of people on the "dark" crystal side at some point (if that's not in now)? I'm only up to chapter 4 in the story at the moment. Yuna's 5* weapon's passive makes her Esuna target your whole party vs a single character and provides solid BRV boosts so she's darn near a negative effects immune BRV battery. Running WoL Cloud Yuna which seems good for now.

Vaan is DPS king right now, especially once you get a 4th use of his skills because then both his third and fourth uses get that secondary attack that one shots 99% of what's out there.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
In on dissidia, 663 973 928. Either some of you got real unlucky with rolls or need to change your share character.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

In on dissidia, 663 973 928. Either some of you got real unlucky with rolls or need to change your share character.

I had WOL because I had his 5* weapon, but now I have Rem's, so she's up.

Also, Bonus Gems for switching your support character? Nice!

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
I've been playing Dissidia:FFOO also, added everyone so far, id is 836068088. Got Vaan's 5* and have him up as my support at the moment.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I got Squall's 5* so I swapped out WoL for Squall. Also Tifa's in that same roll but Squall's ability does more BRV than Tifa's does.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I'm up on Dissidia with Vaan as support. I also have Zidane, Y'shtola, Edge, WoL, and Penelo if needed.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

IAmTheRad posted:

I got Squall's 5* so I swapped out WoL for Squall. Also Tifa's in that same roll but Squall's ability does more BRV than Tifa's does.

What level characters do you need to complete that event? Mine are around 30 at the moment.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Ratzap posted:

What level characters do you need to complete that event? Mine are around 30 at the moment.

The first part of the quest is a level 10 quest. Once you do that, you get squall. Afterwards it's a level 15 quest which I didn't do.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

IAmTheRad posted:

The first part of the quest is a level 10 quest. Once you do that, you get squall. Afterwards it's a level 15 quest which I didn't do.

Thanks. After the 15 is a 25 which qives you the 5 star armour piece for Squall but it's a very nasty L25 fight. I barely scraped through. Next up is a L35 but I'm going to level a fair bit more before I attempt that.

Found my ID (it wasn't lost I know): 854218793

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Tried my luck at the Event Draw, I think it turned out pretty good:

I haven't found a set of dudes I like but I'm a huge fan of Cecil so I may try him out for a bit. I don't know how to set or change the support character I am providing, apologies. I also was wondering if I have to select a support from the list every time. I seem to be plowing through stuff at the moment and I never use them.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
The early game for Dissidia is quite generous. Already had 3 10x pulls and can do another. One of them even gave 4 5* weapons. Neat.

ID: 563840999

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

My squall is now a machine.

I got him up to 15 strength. He has the event armor, and of course I got his weapon in the draw. I got them both to level 10. He's sitting at level 29.
And I'm not even halfway through chapter 3.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

J3ng4 posted:

Tried my luck at the Event Draw, I think it turned out pretty good:

I haven't found a set of dudes I like but I'm a huge fan of Cecil so I may try him out for a bit. I don't know how to set or change the support character I am providing, apologies. I also was wondering if I have to select a support from the list every time. I seem to be plowing through stuff at the moment and I never use them.

On the main screen, tap on the Gear symbol, then User Data, then you should see Change Support.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
The CP 15 weapons will be greatly outclassed by the next set of CP 35 weapons. If you have a decent squad I would recommend holding your currency - the CP 35 banners usually have the 15 weapons as well.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

cirus posted:

The CP 15 weapons will be greatly outclassed by the next set of CP 35 weapons. If you have a decent squad I would recommend holding your currency - the CP 35 banners usually have the 15 weapons as well.

Thanks for the warning. I've done 5 pulls now just from the drops (I'm nearly finished chapter 4) so I'd better keep what I get from here. I looked at the gem "sale" and the prices are insane (as usual) - £23 of the special offer gems gets you one 10+1 pull. No thanks.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah make no mistake this is a gacha game, the primary path to getting stronger is rolling 4 duplicates of the same weapon that has a insanely small chance of appearing everytime you spend 20 bucks

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Someone made a Dissidia thread fyi.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah make no mistake this is a gacha game, the primary path to getting stronger is rolling 4 duplicates of the same weapon that has a insanely small chance of appearing everytime you spend 20 bucks

I do like that you're rolling for weapons and not characters, though. I can have my dream team without spending a fortune, regardless of what weapons they're swinging around.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out. The games this time are:

Splitter Critters
Star Vikings Forever
Galaxy of Pen and Paper
Oxenfree (beat the average)
Another Lost Phone (beat the average)
Mushroom 11 (beat the average)
Party Hard Go ($5 or more)
Death Road to Canada ($5 or more)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dandara is a new Metroidvania that's out today on a bunch of platforms with some really nice pixel art graphics and a unique movement scheme in which you zip between surfaces. Its fairly expensive at $15 though, so you might want to wait for some reviews or a sale if you're interested.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 6, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

Dandara is a new Metroidvania that's out today on a bunch of platforms with some really nice pixel art graphics and a unique movement scheme in which you zip between surfaces. Its fairly expensive at $15 though, so you might want to wait for some reviews or a sale if you're interested.

Man, the PS4 version it on sale for $12. It's rare to see the console version going for cheaper than the mobile version.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Google to make their own GeForce NOW game streaming service, code named Yeti

https://wccftech.com/google-game-streaming-service/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Any good MMO games on mobile? Doesn't have to be an RPG but just something with a nice community and that I can play in small bursts. I tried Lineage 2 Revolution but that was a bit too grindy. Probably asking the impossible.