Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

He even did 1 new no no that was an actual new no no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

How long has it been since the last would you rather?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not long enough.

Would You Rather was only good for when the characters and guests conversation had lost momentum and needed a kick in the pants. Or for the handful of times when guests got angry about how Scott had the audacity to make up details as he went.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

feedmyleg posted:

Not long enough.

Would You Rather was only good for when the characters and guests conversation had lost momentum and needed a kick in the pants. Or for the handful of times when guests got angry about how Scott had the audacity to make up details as he went.

It was good until you realized it was Scott basically making the same jokes more and more tired (what a long intro song!) then mixed with mad libs questions and answers that made little to no sense to start with

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Bill Maher's New Rules

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I'm surprised (and sad) that Scott and PFT know who Cernovich is.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gillian's complete disdain for everything paul rust is and tries to be makes me happy.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got the reminder about Love Season 2 last week and thought it'd been a while since Gilly & Paul Rust had been on the pod. Thanks, CBB :h:

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 7, 2017

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I'm really tepid on CBB lately but the guests for the last made for a phenomenal episode

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is Love any good?

er...the show I mean. I'm totally a functional human being with feelings.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You like the people, right? Try it out.
Claudia's in it :)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Love is very good. One of my favorite Netflix shows.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Love is fantastic.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
i love love as much as paul loves chemicals

also the netflix show is good

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I loved the CBB dating game show featuring Paul Rust loves chemicals so much he's like a Walter White over here!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Love is a real good show, check it out if you haven't

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nthing the Love love. I sat down to watch one ep and binged the whole season. I'm not a huge fan of Gillian Jacobs character but Gillian plays her well.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Rust saying "the virus is spreading" after Gillian made that awful Eiffel Tower pun was pretty fantastic.
Also, yeah, Love is pretty good show.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I thought the "she kills me for me" joke prior to Paul Rust saying it and was very concerned for my mental wellbeing.

The virus is spreading.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

I thought the "she kills me for me" joke prior to Paul Rust saying it and was very concerned for my mental wellbeing.

I did too!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I miss Milo!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Rust is a drat delight

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Gilly's story about the birthday clown made me double over laughing while walking down a street during rush hour.

It was such a good episode that strangers think I'm mentally ill now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

AndrewP posted:

Paul Rust is a drat delight

I wish he would remember how to do New No Nos right, though. The original is still one of my favorite bits of all time, and it breaks my heart that he's lost whatever spark he had that made them so good.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I wish he would remember how to do New No Nos right, though. The original is still one of my favorite bits of all time, and it breaks my heart that he's lost whatever spark he had that made them so good.

I disagree, his feigned ignorance to what the original setup was is what i find the most funny.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Big Chunky Bubbles' voice is my fuckin favorite

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
isnt PFT just playing as W C Fields with a silly name?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

GNU Order posted:

I miss Milo!

I miss... my CREEEEPPPIEESSS

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

LentThem posted:

isnt PFT just playing as W C Fields with a silly name?

That is no where near Fields voice.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Andy Daly and Jon Gabrus? Oh gently caress yes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so loving excited to listen to this episode :allears:

e: yeah definitely best episode of the year

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 13, 2017

sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I disagree, his feigned ignorance to what the original setup was is what i find the most funny.

I'm with you. The magic of the original "New No-Nos" moment will never be recreated anyway since the out-of-left-field-ness of it was the funniest part.

I thought this go-round was really funny with Rust just outright calling them "New Rules" to Scott's horror.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The feigned ignorance bit would normally be right up my alley, but the original New No-Nos were so viscerally satisfying that I hope he remembers how they work at some point.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I like when Scott finds a premise so absurd like a documentary about an un-filmed version of Dune but then that's a real doc and it's good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I appreciated Andy's "vocal fry? That drives me craa~ayzy"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I think vocal fry get on Scott's nerves. At least Willy's does.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
What's the deal with Scott pushing caution on jokes more lately? He told Gino not to say bitch because "the optics were bad" on the show. What the hell does that mean?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

What's the deal with Scott pushing caution on jokes more lately? He told Gino not to say bitch because "the optics were bad" on the show. What the hell does that mean?

I'm pretty sure it's a bit, every time Gino is on he starts going into a sexist or racist rant and Scott reacts that way.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's not that kind of show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's been on pretty much every episode this year where he's stepping on jokes because they're too much. I didn't know if it was the new producers or co-owners or whatevwr's happening at Earwolf now.