Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Rock sucks because its entire raison d'être is being annoying trash mobs in boring cave dungeons

rockruff is gonna break this up by being an annoying trash mob in the field instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Come on game. Two 6 IV parents and 150-200 babies later, 6 of which had the dump stat as a zero, and you can't give me one that has the dump stat as another 31? I'm going to get a shiny Froakie before I end up getting a 6 IV Froakie at this rate.

Also the best fish is clearly Sharpedo. I don't know why nobody mentioned him yet I guess they're scared of sharks.

I'm going to think that my worst type is psychic. Because I can't think of another cool psychic type besides Reuniclus.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

I'm going to think that my worst type is psychic. Because I can't think of another cool psychic type besides Reuniclus.

consider mega medicham

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Countblanc posted:

my gym, rather than being type-based, is only pokemon who use moves that you hate. spore, knock off, probably others

It's 6 dark void, stealth rocks, whirlwind, spikes smeargle. Or I guess some of them can have spore instead of dark void.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

My least favorite type is Fire, so I guess I'm going with something like Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Volcarona for my gym.

wizard on a water slide posted:

I think the fact that rock and ground are two different types is dumb as hell

The difference is that Ground type are Pokemon who live in the ground, and Rock types are Pokemon who are actually made of Rocks.

There are a few exceptions, but this is (for the most part) the rule.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
The best fish is Lumineon, hands down.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Ruggington posted:

consider mega medicham

That one's more in the tolerable category for me. It's a good design, but it doesn't particularly resonate with me. What else is there that's not a legendary? Alakazam is okay I guess.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Medicham is more fighting than Psychic. Every dual type is more one thing than the other.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

That one's more in the tolerable category for me. It's a good design, but it doesn't particularly resonate with me. What else is there that's not a legendary? Alakazam is okay I guess.

Gothithelle was one of my MVPs during my last Black2 run. Whether or not you call that a good design is a different matter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Metagross is the best psychic type

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

sigilyph, espeon, xatu, beheeyem, slowbro/king, deoxys, celebi and jirachi are cuties

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Metagross is the best psychic type

h*ck yeah

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

I personally like Lunatone and Solrock. Girafarig is weird but love that goofball. Grumpig too. Its forgettable but still think its a neat design.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wish Beldum could be my starter pokemon

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PSWII60 posted:

Gothitelle, Beheeyem, Hypno, Meowstic, Gardevoir, Sigilyph, Xatu, Malamar, Exeggutor...

Lots of cool psychic pals.

cancerianmoth posted:

I personally like Lunatone and Solrock.

Remember when people thought they would get megas because it was too obvious for them not too

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Remember when people thought they would get megas because it was too obvious for them not too

i really hope something happens to these boring rocks that are shaped like the name of these two new games!!!

Also, were these two ever supposed to be good doubles partners? I've sincerely never seen them do anything but faint and take too long to take down in a cave

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I wish Beldum could be my starter pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBT39LXXe1E

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh thats a bad version of the video, w/e

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sometimes I just have to sit down and think "Dang all the types in pokemon are good and I love all of the members of each of them as if they were my own children"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone make gangtags for Moon crew.

Sun crew can go suck an egg

:colbert:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

do you ever think "wow, it's wrong how much i like all pokemon"?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jarbv posted:

No.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Ugh, I know. They look so cool but man they are underwhelming. Still 2 of my favorites psychics.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

All Pokemon are cool and good.

Some are better than others though (Bugs and Grass), and some are way worse than the rest (Stunfisk).

But mostly they are all cool and good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jarbv posted:

???

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for warning me about Pokemon Bank updating late, everyone! I'll just swap out Venonat & Zorua for Cutiefly & Meowth.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

sometimes I just have to sit down and think "Dang all the types in pokemon are good and I love all of the members of each of them as if they were my own children"

i love all pokemon like my children, which is why i walked out on them when they were 5

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

jarbv posted:

No, but I do often think about how right it is to hate Barbaracle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Sometimes I even think this while standing up.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Scholtz posted:

If you guys had to be the gym leader of your least favorite type, who would your 3-4 mon team be?

In the interest of throwing my bad opinions out there:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Ok my psychic gym.

Runners up include Sigilyph, Gardevoir, Espeon, and several legendary and mythical pokes that would seem unfair.

Gothitelle is very useful but it looks like it has curlers in its hair and I can't see past that.

This isn't a legitimate suggestion is it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hypno is really mediocre but I like his design. Also he makes people upset and uncomfortable, something we can all relate to as goons.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Shneak posted:

No, but I do often think about how right it is to hate Barbaracle.

do you ever think "wow i have a wrong opinion"?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

In the interest of throwing my bad opinions out there:

i keep a ground type on my team at all times because i cant stand dealing with zebstrikas!!!! they are too fast!!!

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

jarbv posted:

do you ever think "wow i have a wrong opinion"?

Do you? You def should.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

but... I like all pokemon except for primeapes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Electric and fire are the only types I don't really like honestly. If I was gonna do fire I'd probably have Heatmor, Magmortar, Torkoal, and Simisear. Don't really like any of the dual types aside from charizard or blaziken.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Probably my three favorites are Fighting, Poison, and Water. Fighting Types Rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

If you are implying I should not like Zigzagoons, I think they are cool and kinda fast and they have flashy shiny coloring. I did a Nuzlocke with one and it was good at killing all of its brethren