Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

One day he will write the blog that forces them to release the financials.

I'm beginning to even think the whole POTATO thing was just luck, the ship name was always whatever it ended up being their web guy just deployed the page with the obfuscated name by accident.

detective catte tax is on the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Alan Smithee posted:

so why are people extra mad abaout derek now

The thread isn't mad -- it's just the resident sperg-brained haters who are perpetually jealous of the Dr.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

go back and read every post about star citizen for the last 6 years

then go ahead and sign up for stimperial deskeletonization because your pain has reached the maximum threshold and can no longer triple every second

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone post the amended complaint?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you had the balls, you'd TOXX on that statement.

:toxx: yourself on Derek not knowing the name of the law firm they hired, because that will be funny.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never divulged it because you are full ... of ... poo poo. Share the loving info then if you have it. What's the name of the law firm?

PM Beet and tell him not to divulge it.

Ah so it's Dolvak today eh.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Alan Smithee posted:

Derek was balanced out by the humor gleaned from other people being especially angry about him being Derek.

With that font of humor seemingly exhausted we've 0 humor but 1 Derek. Meaning that things are out of balance.

To our mounting horror we have come to realize that we are the caretakers of the Derek Smart archive. We always have been.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nobody is mad about Derek, this is a thread about laughing at Star Citizen, and Derek lying about insider knowledge and blustering about lawsuits and his posters I have been defeated by list is all part of the comedy. CIG goes dark at the beginning of the year so all we have right now is Dr. Dumbass and his street preacher proclamations of the end times.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Dusty Lens posted:

Derek was balanced out by the humor gleaned from other people being especially angry about him being Derek.

With that font of humor seemingly exhausted we've 0 humor but 1 Derek. Meaning that things are out of balance.

To our mounting horror we have come to realize that we are the caretakers of the Derek Smart archive. We always have been.

Or, Derek is the ultimate evolution of the Stimpire.

We need more shill streams trying to prove the horrible frame rates and bugs are not that important, but the fidelity of the door release is!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

You're a god drat monster.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I and a few others have known about Crytek going to court since at least March 2017. I think references and hints probably exist earlier but, March is when I learned most about it. Feel free not to believe me :gary:

He's talking about who CiG have retained, not when Skadden appeared. I believe you. I believe Derek. I work on what I *know* rather than what I suspect, or what someone else has told me. In IT, people lie to you, so you always confirm, but never condemn. You collect facts, rather than suppositions or hearsay and you're always ready for bad news, or to give bad news rather than to massage or otherwise make it palatable.

It's one of the reasons I like the legal stuff; apart from the messy advocacy part, it's all pretty transactional and logical. it's _clean_. Then you roll in the Lawyers and a jury and it all goes to poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

where is the loving ending

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

Can someone post the amended complaint?

https://www.diffchecker.com/GTqP0gvu

That's the original and amended on a diff.

Alan Smithee posted:

Keep watching for about two weeks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

TheAgent posted:

gal: so you're basically Derek's smarts version of Ben
gal: his historian
me: I thought this would go better

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

You will see. It. In two weeks time

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

He's talking about who CiG have retained, not when Skadden appeared.

I know, see my next post to him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

:toxx: yourself on Derek not knowing the name of the law firm they hired, because that will be funny.

:same:

Do it MoMA.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MoMa you can do this. Remember all those Redwall books you read as a kid. This is what they were preparing you for.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

They aren't. It's just the same as always where people feel the need to placate themselves as the super goons who reverse own the warlord by posting the same poo poo that has been posted 1001 times.

Top Hat manages to entertain while doing so at least

Moma comes back for nothing else anymore which is rather sad but then again after half a year of "quote the poo poo out of this" shame I guess that's the last safe bet to take.

I try to read BNBLs musings about Derek every time but I end after 3 words because his avatar is too cute

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never divulged it because you are full ... of ... poo poo. Share the loving info then if you have it. What's the name of the law firm?

PM Beet and tell him not to divulge it.

I would be an extremely bad steward of this information because I really don't and never have cared about this kind of "who knew what and when" cloak and dagger bullshit FYI

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

The name of the law firm is [POTATO]

1) Take name of law firm
2) Add a (long) seed value string to the end
3) Encrypt using some algorithm
4) Post resulting encrypted key here

Then later, after you're able to make it public

1) Publish the seed value you used
2) Publish the algorithm used
3) People can see you did indeed have the insider info / called it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Combat Theory posted:

They aren't. It's just the same as always where people feel the need to placate themselves as the super goons who reverse own the warlord by posting the same poo poo that has been posted 1001 times.

Top Hat manages to entertain while doing so at least

Moma comes back for nothing else anymore which is rather sad but then again after half a year of "quote the poo poo out of this" shame I guess that's the last safe bet to take.

I try to read BNBLs musings about Derek every time but I end after 3 words because his avatar is too cute

I'm willing to bet my av has saved me from kitty jail or worse before.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

FailureToReport posted:

God I hate seeing what this industry has turned into. I mean I get that it's a business, but it just sucks. Games used to feel like a development team put their heart and soul into it. Now they all feel like a Marketing Team put their heart and soul into it.

That’s not the case, and is a hyperbole opinion. We put are hearts and souls into many of our games from begining to end. Ask any triple A dev team who they hate the most, and they’ll almost always say marketing, because those dudes get it wrong constantly. But the content and games themselves (beyond the biz and marketing guys) are still approched with same level of dedication and love. Otherwise: why even work in the buisiness. It will ruin you (or spit you back out) if you have no passion for the craft.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

reverend crabhands posted:

1) Take name of law firm
2) Add a (long) seed value string to the end
3) Encrypt using some algorithm
4) Post resulting encrypted key here

Then later, after you're able to make it public

1) Publish the seed value you used
2) Publish the algorithm used
3) People can see you did indeed have the insider info / called it

I feel like we already did this plot a few seasons ago, and it didn't go particularly well...

Goredema fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 4, 2018

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mne nravitsya posted:

That’s not the case, and is a hyperbole opinion. We put are hearts and souls into many of our games from begining to end. Ask any triple A dev team who they hate the most, and they’ll almost always say marketing, because those dudes get it wrong constantly. But the content and games themselves (beyond the biz and marketing guys) are still approched with same level of dedication and love. Otherwise: why even work in the buisiness. It will ruin you (or spit you back out) if you have no passion for the craft.

I can tell you from first hand experience the people at Volkswagen have put a lot of dedication and love into their diesel engines too.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I would be an extremely bad steward of this information because I really don't and never have cared about this kind of "who knew what and when" cloak and dagger bullshit FYI

All of this is entirely restricted seriousness, mainly because it too will pass. A couple of weeks and and the who and when becomes moot and a matter of recorded history.

For absolutely no reason, I now I have Nick Cave's 'Mercy Seat' as an earworm....

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I know the law firm

It's Judge Judy

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Combat Theory posted:

I can tell you from first hand experience the people at Volkswagen have put a lot of dedication and love into their diesel engines too.

meow.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I know the law firm

It's Judge Judy

She doesn't give any fkks about spaceship jpegs imo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

cattealitic converter

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Star Citizen episode of Judge Judy would probably be enough lols for 3 lifetimes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

She doesn't give any fkks about spaceship jpegs imo

:same:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

A Star Citizen episode of Judge Judy would probably be enough lols for 3 lifetimes.

EXCUSE ME THUMB, THIS IS MY COURT

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

big nipples big life posted:

in the meantime we have two brothas fighting over yugioh carads while amy schumer is in the back

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Judy looking on impatiently while Ben fumbles with a folder containing 18 ToS revisions.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

Judy looking on impatiently while Ben fumbles with a folder containing 18 ToS revisions.

"This is a used napkin"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

All of this is entirely restricted seriousness, mainly because it too will pass. A couple of weeks and and the who and when becomes moot and a matter of recorded history.

For absolutely no reason, I now I have Nick Cave's 'Mercy Seat' as an earworm....

Yeah pretty much. I "care" about the lawsuit to the extent that it's funny and I like hearing "lol CIG's getting sued by Crytek" and I genuinely am not concerned with the day-to-day speculation about the next moves of the companies or legal firms involved. Some people are and that's fine, I'll let them hash it out. But it definitely doesn't seem worth having a slapfight over to me. I feel pretty much the same way about any of Derek's "calls" - like it just seems like such a weird hill to die on. To my mind the things worth really ribbing him over are the funny self-owns like the Leonard Skinly incident, and the only thing that's actually kind of legitimately "frustrating" is when he stops interacting with people and just copy/pastes his whole blog for fifteen posts in a row. Everything else is just the normal ebb and flow of the thread.

But I guess we got fiesty MoMA today, so some light slapfighting is probably on the menu.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

NO, I'M NOT LETTING YOU loving FINISH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted: