Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

I now need this for every episode.

In case you weren't aware:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vpn+comedy+bang+bang&page=&utm_source=opensearch

Really wish the VPN thing had worked out. Seeing facial expressions and body language adds so much in CBB and I4H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm aware of VPN, I just don't really like it. It defeats the whole concept of theater of the mind, as dumb as that may seem.

Awkwardman: Wait, so your beard is actually made of a million little spiders?"
Me watching: Scott, Mike Hanford doesn't have facial hair.

Who Charted and Getting Doug with High work for VPN pretty well. I4H's YouTube segment obviously works better on VPN, too, but that's about it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I dunno, seeing Gabrus when they're giggling at how skinny Gino would be kinda funny. Wish they would do at least the occasional video podcast again, they were neat. And I like to put a (moving) face to the voice.

Oh my god, Scott actually DOES have to listen to that stupid song as much as we do?!

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I haven't listened to CBB in a while (got into The Best Show a while back and have been powering through backlogs of that mostly), but I don't think there's been a CBBWYR in quite a long time. I kinda miss it, only because I always likes imagining what is going on in the room during that theme.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

peepsalot posted:

I haven't listened to CBB in a while (got into The Best Show a while back and have been powering through backlogs of that mostly), but I don't think there's been a CBBWYR in quite a long time. I kinda miss it, only because I always likes imagining what is going on in the room during that theme.

Here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95KVnq8pxk&t=3104s

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The best VPN is still...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI&t=1540s

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is the n-word?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The best part of the Michael Bolton thing was Michael Bolton trying to gently caress in VR and its not even close.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I liked Eric Andre's part

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This guy gets it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

hes a guest on this and other earwolf shows so

http://www.avclub.com/article/adam-pally-arrested-marijuana-and-cocaine-possessi-252936?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

what a fool

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A comedian with some drugs! I'm flabbergasted!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

...nice

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hope it doesn't hurt Making History's chances of renewal. They were already on thin ice with a reduced first season order...

e: Also, he must've been pretty brazen and open about it. I get away with smoking weed in public in NYC all the time, you've just gotta duck down a side street for a second and use something discreet looking.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 30, 2017

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Absolool

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's a heady high.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
He's openly smoked weed on a bunch of podcasts, not really surprised.

Poor bro

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
He was the guest on Oh Hello! when I saw it on the brdway, and he was using his vape pen onstage, somehow I don't think he's a master of subtlety.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Just because being a wasteoid on reefer is 100% legal in the state of california (till trump outlaws it, have fun wasteoids) doesn't mean you can bring that crap to the big yard aka NYC baby.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'd say the c'caine in his pockets was worse

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The smoking weed on the sidewalk is what got him in trouble.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Breadallelogram posted:

I liked Eric Andre's part

I would bet money on those scenes needing the most amount of reshoots, he was clearly laughing multiple times in that segment

edit: my favorite part in the special was 100% the Punks.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 1, 2017

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
the key change song was the worst part by an enoorrrmous margin

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

There was a week where I never got around to listening to CBB, and then it happened again 51 times in a row, and now here we are. Besides the year end Best Ofs, what episodes that aren't behind the paywall should I be sure to catch?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpaceParrot posted:

There was a week where I never got around to listening to CBB, and then it happened again 51 times in a row, and now here we are. Besides the year end Best Ofs, what episodes that aren't behind the paywall should I be sure to catch?

Top-to-bottom good shows from the last 6 months:
Ep #478 - Spank Me With A Feather!
Ep #477 - Two Fingers Wide
Ep #474 - Liquid Meal Spheres
Ep #463 - 2016 Holiday Spectacular
Ep #460 - Persons of Interest

Episodes where I really enjoyed one guest:
Ep #472 - Pleats, Please! (Will Hines' Johnny Bikes)
Ep #465 - Harsh Joe Pinions (Gil Ozeri's titular Joe Pinions)
Ep #457 - Prepare for the Quake (Jeremy Rowley's crime scene custodian)

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I feel a little bad for Gerry Duggan because I can't remember the last time Scott had to move on from the first guest before he got to the commercial break. Although, the guests being 2/3 weak this ep did give an opening for Paul Brittain to shine.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Action Man posted:

I feel a little bad for Gerry Duggan because I can't remember the last time Scott had to move on from the first guest before he got to the commercial break. Although, the guests being 2/3 weak this ep did give an opening for Paul Brittain to shine.

I think to be fair to Gerry, he isn't a comedy guy or really an entertainer. I'm sure he was just as happy to have Paul come in when he did. I'm sure it was pre arranged. I don't think Scott was really thinking the show was tanking and he had to move on.

I loved Gerry in Nerd Poker.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sounded like Comic chat lasted much longer than we actually heard and it got edited down drastically.

Which is a shame, I actually really enjoy Scott's comics digressions, it was great in the early days of CDR/CBB.

Why isn't there an Earwolf comic book podcast?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

Everyone doing podcasts works and lives in LA so they think everyone loves reality TV.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ElCondemn posted:

Everyone doing podcasts works and lives in LA so they think everyone loves reality TV.

I actually just tweeted to Scott and Gerry about an earwolf comic podcast and Gerry messaged me back saying it'd be fun, so maybe it isn't too far-fetched.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

I would love some kind of reality show show

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

That's a darn good question.

"U X-plainin' X-men to Me?"

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Gerry and Scott should do a podcast on diversity in comic because I would really like to hear white males opinions on it since they have been quite about it so far.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I would love some kind of reality show show

They have more than one already.

The Ape of Naples posted:

"U Talkin' Uatu To Me?"

I like "X-Plainin'", though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
gently caress, beat me. Mine's slightly different, though.

The Ape of Naples posted:

U Watchin' Uatu 4 Me?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
gently caress, beat me. Mine's slightly different, though.

U Watchin' Uatu 4 Me?

Great minds think alike, SpacePig. :hfive:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This is a good time to mention that U2 is going on a massive world tour to celebrate 30 years of Joshua Tree and play it in its entirety, so there's a solid chance of a new episode in 2017.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

At the first commercial break, is it worth continuing on? "Dropping the Soap" is not sounding interesting at all.

Oh a Drew Tarver episode, gotta keep listening.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has Scott ever been steamrolled so badly on his own show. I figure it's because there's three of them, who know each other, but after failing to wrench them off their politics thing he just sat back and let it run til the ad break?