Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They're giving Ana self-healing in the future. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I feel like Tassadar and Tyrande didn't deserve to get hit with the blanket nerfs that other Supports did. They've more or less always been intended to be the secondary support characters, so they fit their niche reasonably well. The problem was that teams were taking too many primary support characters, which T&T never were (or at least weren't intended to be after their reworks).

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Power Bottom posted:

I feel like Tassadar and Tyrande didn't deserve to get hit with the blanket nerfs that other Supports did. They've more or less always been intended to be the secondary support characters, so they fit their niche reasonably well. The problem was that teams were taking too many primary support characters, which T&T never were (or at least weren't intended to be after their reworks).
In the HGC Finals Tassadar was picked (43%) or banned (46%) in 90% of matches despite a 41% win rate, so they probably see him as part of the problem.

I agree the Tyrande nerfs are inexplicable collateral damage. She's an assassin with good self-sustain who sometimes saves her team mates.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
What’s to stop a Karl from just Pyroblasting a new support the second they show up for a fight.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Samara posted:

What’s to stop a Karl from just Pyroblasting a new support the second they show up for a fight.

kaaaaarrrrrrl that kills people

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Samara posted:

The good ult that can't be canceled by half the cast of heroes?

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I’d also like to buy stock in zarya before the patch drops.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gobbeldygook posted:

In the HGC Finals Tassadar was picked (43%) or banned (46%) in 90% of matches despite a 41% win rate, so they probably see him as part of the problem.
There's an enormous laundry list of reasons why he was picked and/or banned on the regular and none of them have to do with him being overpowered. Tassadar was just good in general and fit into many team comps because of his effective skillset, similarly to how pre-4.5 Range Tychus did. It's honestly baffling to me that Valla and Greymane have gone relatively untouched for so long, even though Blizzard has outright confirmed that they're hyper-carries in a game that isn't supposed to have them.

quote:

I agree the Tyrande nerfs are inexplicable collateral damage. She's an assassin with good self-sustain who sometimes saves her team mates.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the result of her changes. She was already struggling to find a good niche because she was so evenly split between damage output and healing output, now that she's received major blows to both her 11% popularity is going to loving plummet.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So with the new stealth, are you visible even when you're Unrevealable?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Unrevealable is essentially just fancy Parry at some point - spell damage hits, AA’s can’t be aimed.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bogart posted:

They're giving Ana self-healing in the future. Good.

That blizzard blog must made it sound like they were going to add something tied to Shrike, so it sounds like she would have more "durability" rather than the ability to burst heal herself. They could give her the Morales treatment, she regens 2% maximum hp per second as long as she has a dot on someone, or some percentage of dot damage (50%? 100%) is returned as health. Neither of those things seem broken.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

EdRush posted:

That blizzard blog must made it sound like they were going to add something tied to Shrike, so it sounds like she would have more "durability" rather than the ability to burst heal herself. They could give her the Morales treatment, she regens 2% maximum hp per second as long as she has a dot on someone, or some percentage of dot damage (50%? 100%) is returned as health. Neither of those things seem broken.

It could be something like 200% of dot damage and it would still feel underpowered.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just add an animation where she spins her rifle around and shoots herself.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
No joke I am really satisfied that Hanzo appears to be bad

gently caress Hanzo

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
gently caress you :mad:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

gently caress Hanzo

Won't dissuade people from slam-picking him constantly in situations where he has no business being picked though. :sigh:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I will never not pick hanzo

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Midnightghoul posted:

gently caress Hanzo

You're a poster after my own heart

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Elysium posted:

The Hammer changes seem like they kind of blow? (...) she has a lot more survivability,

I don't know about that buddy, they removed every single defensive talent she had in her talent tree. (Regen master, first aid, vigorous assault, stoneskin are all gone) So yeah she got an actual D button thrown in the mix to deal with that but I'm not sure that equals to "more survivability" in the end.

Full disclosure: I only play her in QM, where people charge at you like rabid dogs expecting an easy kill. Her full defensive build was fun in that context, lots of Varians & Kerrigans confused that she did not fold at the slightest breeze.

Kyrosiris posted:

Won't dissuade people from slam-picking him constantly in situations where he has no business being picked though. :sigh:

Also known as "the Nova paradox". (sounds like a Hitman escalation)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I don't know about that buddy, they removed every single defensive talent she had in her talent tree. (Regen master, first aid, vigorous assault, stoneskin are all gone) So yeah she got an actual D button thrown in the mix to deal with that but I'm not sure that equals to "more survivability" in the end.

Yes they removed talents but it's pretty disingenuous to omit the new survivability talents:

Level 4: (New Talent) Regenerative Bio-Steel (D)
Sgt. Hammer heals for 15% of her damage dealt with Basic Attacks in Siege Mode. (note: replaces 15% unconditional life leech BUT applies to splash damage too)

Level 7: Graduating Range (D)
Moved from Level 16
Maximum range bonus reduced from 5.5 to 3.3 (nerf but it's level 7 now. Much more defensible positioning early game)

Level 13: (New Talent) Tactical Mine Deployment (Q)
Increases Spider Mine’s slow from 25% to 40%. Casting Thrusters leaves behind a trail of up to 5 Spider Mines while Sgt. Hammer is moving.
(New Talent) Entrenched (W)
Increases Concussive Blast’s damage and knockback distance by 75% while in Siege Mode. (I think this is the one to go for)
Hyper-Cooling Engines (Z)
Moved from Level 7
New functionality:
Each enemy Hero hit with a Basic Attack in Siege Mode reduces the cooldown of Thrusters by 5 seconds.

Level 16: (New Talent) Mechanical Know-How (E)
Neosteel Plating grants a Shield equal to 5% of Sgt. Hammer’s maximum Health for 2 seconds. If this Shield is destroyed, she deals 50% more Basic Attack damage for 5 seconds.

It remains to be seen whether this is a net survivability gain or loss, but to present it as a pure loss is definitely wrong.

e: also she can get on-demand 50 armor.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 28, 2017

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hey guys first post on here. Just wanted to mention that I've found something fun you can try in HL games. If you take Johanna vs Alextrasa and then take the punish talent at seven you can usually finish the quest pretty easy. Because they group together on her circle heal you can Q 4 enemies pretty easy to finish the quest and that gives you a permanent 80% 2 sec slow on punish which can be really powerful.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's also nice for Kael, Chromie, hell anyone with AOE quests. I wonder if they'll make the circle invisible to enemies, perhaps for the first half of it?

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
How about Chromie vs an Alex team. I mean come on

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

It's also nice for Kael, Chromie, hell anyone with AOE quests. I wonder if they'll make the circle invisible to enemies, perhaps for the first half of it?

Currently it just feels like it takes way too long. I think they could shorten it to 2-2.5 seconds and not make Alex too OP.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BrianBoitano posted:

Especially in vs AI games, I've noticed that the new AI will immediately drop everything they're doing to move out of baneling drop, flame strike, anything that leaves a mark on the floor, and some things that don't.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

BrianBoitano posted:

That's a good point hadn't thought about that. It's basically a "place your mage circle deal thing here please" sign. Ana also.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, it cracks me up when i'm playing Ana and a bunch of low-health ppl all crowd together expecting a big burst of healing

Lol, nope! Thanks for the stacks tho.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've played mage ZJ since he came out because I'm a moron, when did he suddenly become good enough to get a nerf instead of people making fun of it?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hanzo feels really boring. Like I think I'd rather just play Valla. I don't get what he brings to the table, with the one exception being on of his talents can instantly delete minions in one shot giving him really amazing waveclear. But that feels like it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cuntellectual posted:

I've played mage ZJ since he came out because I'm a moron, when did he suddenly become good enough to get a nerf instead of people making fun of it?
When he got reworked and arcanite axes gained double rotation as a baseline quest reward, +spell power at low health, perma-scaling, 5 second cooldown, 60% slow, and 100 bonus apex damage

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

Hanzo feels really boring.

So he's true to source material.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Kyrosiris posted:

Li Li's healing numbers went up a tad, but otherwise yeah.

This right here has me all turgid. I do great with Li Li as a healer for my group already, so this just has me laughing. "Chase me idiots!" *bloop bloop bloop*

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah in those situations I've been tossing the circle behind everyone as a sort of "hey walk here if you want a heal". Otherwise yeah you end up with a cluster of friendlies that get nuked. Or just wait until chromie/karl/whoever's ability is on cooldown.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Macaluso posted:

Hanzo feels really boring. Like I think I'd rather just play Valla. I don't get what he brings to the table, with the one exception being on of his talents can instantly delete minions in one shot giving him really amazing waveclear. But that feels like it

Yeah I'm not a fan. Tried him last night. But I don't like him in overwatch either. Something with his weird walking sound

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Macaluso posted:

Hanzo is like Valla with a better escape, worse ults, and a W that sometimes doesn't do anything. He's going to get filed away with Junkrat as another mediocre ranged assassin.

---

The bitching about the support nerfs is incredible. I've never seen anything like it in HotS. Hot take: Rehgar's still going to be the best all-around support.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Valla and Greymane need to be next to eat nerfs. If they want to have all recent reworks and new assassins have clear pros and cons, you can't have two that just do most everything.

Ideally nerf everyone until Gazlowe is viable in pro play

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 28, 2017

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Midnightghoul posted:

Valla and Greymane need to be next to eat nerfs.

Blizzard acknowledged that they are hyper carries, which is a thing they don't want in the game. It'll happen at some point,, although I worry about how ham they'll go with it.

BrianBoitano posted:

I had an Alex on my team, vs. a Junkrat on the other. He just loving neutered her healing, all match. It was disgusting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Both of them benefit enormously from double supp so I'd wait on that.

I do think Greymane's baseline damage is too high and he should have more of his dps in talents, but beyond the early game he doesn't seem that out of line. I guess he is crazy on Braxis and Shrines with very little cost associated with it.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Cuntellectual posted:

Check out this game Grubby played with ZJ a few days ago if you want to see how crazy he can scale into the late game currently. They go 0-4 on structures in BoE and eventually come back and win it awesomely with just ZJ's numbers getting insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9_Tu8YNnc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If they're gonna bring Greymane into the shop they could also stand to look at his talents because he suffers from a pretty serious case of single-build-itis. Is there ever a reason to not just go full cocktail build, plus Hunter's Blunderbuss at 20? Pretty much the only real choice you seem to have to make is whether you pick Go For the Throat or Cursed Bullet.