Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I plan to start fresh so I can better my chances of combos on things like Brimstone and Rubber Cement. Also I'm not unlocking the cellar for awhile (just have to be careful you can do it through a Boss Rush!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

drat its really only one week away. Other than some of the pics in this thread I have no idea what Afterbirth is adding, so I'm incredibly excited to die 100 times in a row have a "new" game to play

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

bucksmash posted:

drat its really only one week away. Other than some of the pics in this thread I have no idea what Afterbirth is adding, so I'm incredibly excited to die 100 times in a row have a "new" game to play

Yeah all I've seen of afterbirth is a couple of the teasers posted here, I've forced myself to not read too much about it so I can jump in blind. The most fun in isaac is when you have no idea what anything does.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I think what kills me most about the Lost!, and this isn't something I noticed when I wasn't killed in one hit with other characters, but is that Isaac's hitbox isn't his actual pixels. It seems like it's a straight up rectangle around him.

I dunno if I'm actually right on this, but there are things that've killed me that shouldn't have at all.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dodecalypse posted:

I think what kills me most about the Lost!, and this isn't something I noticed when I wasn't killed in one hit with other characters, but is that Isaac's hitbox isn't his actual pixels. It seems like it's a straight up rectangle around him.

I dunno if I'm actually right on this, but there are things that've killed me that shouldn't have at all.

It's called a hit box for a reason! :v:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

AnonSpore posted:

True, but a lot of games use a series of smaller boxes (or a hierarchy of boxes) instead of one big box.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah but it shouldn't be bigger than the Isaac sprite

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The thing that always gets me is the hitbox on enemy brimstone effects. It's slightly larger than the graphic and it persists for a moment after the graphic has disappeared.

Also Daddy Long Legs' stomps that hit you a moment before they actually show up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

The thing that always gets me is the hitbox on enemy brimstone effects. It's slightly larger than the graphic and it persists for a moment after the graphic has disappeared.

From what I remember that's all brimstone effects. Yours included.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I just unlocked the Lost yesterday, figuring that I might as well. On about my 30th run, I lucked into ???'s Friend, which I used to get me a bunch of damage ups and a Knife. Blew through the Boss Rush and nearly lost everything to a Krampus in Womb 1, but got a lucky revival thanks to Guppy's Collar that I forgot I picked up. Had a hairy moment with Daddy Long Legs in the room before ???'s in the Chest, but survived and threw a Chaos Orb card at ???. Feels good to have over half the card finished already.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

Jibo posted:

Also Daddy Long Legs' stomps that hit you a moment before they actually show up.

OH god yeah. The rooms in the Depths/The Womb with brimstone spiders have ended a bunch of Lost runs, even when im incredibly overpowered.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I like when you look at user made Isaac steam controller layouts there's one that advertises having alt f4 mapped.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm really looking forward to Greed Mode, it kindof seems like it's just everything I like about the game.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Experimental Treatment: Not Even Once

picked up the toothpicks AND the pact and still can't kill a normal (non-damaging) fly in one shot

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Yo, can a super secret room border a double or quad size room?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah I believe so.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yes it can.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Grats to hyphenated for second place in the last tournament before afterbirth

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's really a bummer that the DLC isn't coming to anything other than PC until the holidays :(

I wonder why that is, it couldn't be that hard to at least get the console versions out at the same time.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Jusupov posted:

i watched both days. what a rollercoaster of terrible and amazing luck.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

My guess is that Nicalis is a tiny team and a lot of synergies probably need to be hard coded in each version.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

It's really a bummer that the DLC isn't coming to anything other than PC until the holidays :(

I wonder why that is, it couldn't be that hard to at least get the console versions out at the same time.

I remember hearing when Rebirth was coming out for consoles that it was a pain in the rear end to set up a simultaneous release for all three console makers' download services.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is it Halloween yet, I really want to play this game :smith:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want to start over for the expac, but I don't wanna do the challenges again...

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

Jusupov posted:

Thanks. it was a fun tournament. looking forward to more of them after everybody learns the expansion :)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Some new shirts are up in the shop, and:

quote:

daily specials are specifically themed daily runs that revolve around special days of the year. these runs can range from visual changes, to specific load outs, or even more challenge themed runs.

Can't wait to see the Halloween one! And to see what Lilith is, because they haven't spoiled how she plays yet. Three more days!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

If it helps, being on PC hasn't helped with fixing the notable bugs that have been identified since like a month into release. The Doc Fetus fix probably didn't need to be expansion content.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Prop Wash posted:

Experimental Treatment: Not Even Once

picked up the toothpicks AND the pact and still can't kill a normal (non-damaging) fly in one shot

The pact is only a .5 damage up and toothpicks doesn't affect your damage. It's not that unexpected. Gratz on your rate of fire tho.

Also Tyrone confirmed Lost dailies on CobaltStreak's channel. I guess fun is for nerds.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Prop Wash posted:

If it helps, being on PC hasn't helped with fixing the notable bugs that have been identified since like a month into release. The Doc Fetus fix probably didn't need to be expansion content.

There was supposed to be a patch (on PC at least) before Afterbirth's release, but I'd rather Afterbirth be released this year than have it delayed due to work on a patch, so I'm okay.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
ALT-F4'ing my way through The Lost achievements was surprisingly fun. It was like the movie Groundhog Day. An Ipecac-powered Magic Fingers attack saw me through the Boss Rush and The Dark Room. Finding the items to get Platinum God and Real Platinum God is going to take a while, though.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

LLCoolJD posted:

ALT-F4'ing my way through The Lost achievements was surprisingly fun. It was like the movie Groundhog Day. An Ipecac-powered Magic Fingers attack saw me through the Boss Rush and The Dark Room. Finding the items to get Platinum God and Real Platinum God is going to take a while, though.

Not as much as you'd think, partially depending on your willingness to grind and/or your knowledge of breaking the game.

Secret room items are super easy if you find a Jera rune with Isaac and force a Blank Card on a floor with a Judgement card on it. That sounds complicated, but it's not as uncommon as you'd think, especially if you can get Starter Deck first. Then just dupe the poo poo out of battery charges and money, spawn beggars in the secret room and reroll their pedestals in to secret item rooms.

Same principle can apply to Angel items, I believe. Otherwise just blow up the angel statue and reroll both items, preferably with the Nun's Habit or Sharp Plug (with Wafer for best results) until you get what you need.

Otherwise a more low-tech way of getting secret room items is just to start an Isaac run, bomb the most likely wall off the starting room and reset if it's not a secret room with an item. Rinse and repeat until success.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I've never once gotten an infinite roll / dupe combo. I feel like I'm missing out on the fun :v:

Also just accepted the afterbirth dlc from my brother. Thanks bro, just under 3 days to go yaay

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just had a good seed as Eden if you have RPG. Starts with Godhead, and the second floor's item is Holy Mantle. If you bomb the beggar you'll get the key you need.

GP1C
JRPN

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

If you wanna get spoiled, a bunch of Afterbirth achievements have been added to Steam.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
New achievements are on steam now. Looks like 25 (twenty five!) new co-player babies to unlock. I haven't played co-player ever :( I don't own a controller.

I do love same machine co-op tho. A fun game for that is Little Fighter 2 http://lf2.net which i haven't played in years.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Waffle! posted:

Just had a good seed as Eden if you have RPG. Starts with Godhead, and the second floor's item is Holy Mantle. If you bomb the beggar you'll get the key you need.

GP1C
JRPN

I don't have RPG and it doesn't come up on a search of moddingofisaac.com

lil help, chief?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

froward posted:

I don't have RPG and it doesn't come up on a search of moddingofisaac.com

lil help, chief?

Real Platinum God, aka. 100%. Though with Eden starts I believe you can start with Godhead even though it's not been unlocked, so I don't think it's necessary.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Whoa, looks like one of the achievements reveals a big buff for Cain. Looks like you can unlock the Paperclip as his starting Trinket.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I have no willpower so I'll be checking out those achievements.

I decided to go ahead and finish up RPG on my Heretic Mod and God Mode 3.0 saves using just vanilla Rebirth since I haven't played without mods in a very long time.

The game feels different, and kind of barren compared to those. It's a nice change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I also haven't played vanilla Rebirth in a while, diversity mod is fantastic imo.