Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The translations in King's Raid are good. I like reading them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
For Kings Raid I'm trying a new thing where I don't immediately try to rush to the end, instead just like leisurely doing stuff and instead of minmaxing my gems just buying outfits that make my orc look like Santa Claus. Turns out it's about infinity times more enjoyable. My only grinding is done when I go to sleep I just have it autoloop a run and I can gain a level doing that, the 65+ stretch is pretty rough though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It gets a lot better when you open Chapter 7 which opens up Hell difficulty (I think this is what did it). Then you can run the early Conquests on Hell and they're back to being good sources of experience every day. Just make sure you burn a Hot Time XP and an XP scroll if you've got it before hitting up all the Conquests.

And costumes are a good choice for gems. 10x pulls for trying for Unique Weapons is a great power boost if you get one you can use (to wear or to Awaken) but it's obviously a crapshoot. Costumes are baller and give small bonuses, pretty safe buy. Characters are not worth buying unless you REALLY want someone. Otherwise just recruit whichever waifu you want from the inn constantly.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Applied to King's Raid guild as vulturesrow.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sent a guild request as unclehunky. I'm just plowing through stuff with Nyx right now.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
For the two goons who don't own the beloved game for some dumb reason, 80 Days is a whole 99 cents right now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkle.eightydays&hl=en&rdid=com.inkle.eightydays

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I might be dumb to try it but Heir of Light releases at 9PM Pacific today for their "global launch". It's made by GameEvil and from my understanding they are kind of cash grabby. A lot of people are excited about it and it looks pretty nice by the graphics. Seems to be a Summoners War type clone.

Heir of Light - Google Play

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
After a long, long soft launch period, The Sims Mobile is apparently out worldwide now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

After a long, long soft launch period, The Sims Mobile is apparently out worldwide now.

Is this anything more than f2p bullshit? The reviews I'm seeing are "at least it's not Sims Freeplay", which I assume was exactly f2p bullshit.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this anything more than f2p bullshit? The reviews I'm seeing are "at least it's not Sims Freeplay", which I assume was exactly f2p bullshit.

We're not sure. Why don't you hit that download button and let us know?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

At least Sims Freeplay had a super broken way to grind premium currency if you hated yourself and wanted to babysit a house full of Sims all cooking for 1 minute at a time. :smithicide:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Apparently the main difference is that this game has a lot of career and life objectives/quests to complete while Freeplay didn't have these. Predictably, you can use simfunbux to skip timers, and get stuff like furniture items earlier than you're supposed to.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 7, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ModeSix posted:

We're not sure. Why don't you hit that download button and let us know?

I see your point, I just didn't have time yet. Will do.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Honestly, it seems pretty fun and harmless so far! I've put maybe a dozen hours into Sims 4 but that's about it, and it seems like a really slimmed down mobile back version of that. In just the very short amount of time I've played it this morning before work, I've made my dude, gotten a house, fixed up all the rooms, met some neighbors, gotten a job as a barista (I don't think there were other options honestly), done a shift at work, come home, added some newly unlocked furniture, gone on a date, and now I'm back at work. Events like dates or work or something take a very short amount of time if you're actively doing them but give you more control. Right now my Sim is doing a shift at work that's going to take an hour of real time if I just leave him be, or maybe 3-5 minutes if I did it myself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Coming this spring: Jurassic Park GO!.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Looks like that westworld game is out more places (US for me)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wb.goog.westworld&rdid=com.wb.goog.westworld

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

It's pretty simple so far. I can see the timers getting out of hand after a bit. But I have a few different games I switch between so I don't really care if I have to leave it alone for a few hours. I try to set big timer items up before bed or when I wont be able to check things for hours.

I am playing as a couple women roommates and both are going to be trying to get with every hot chick they can. I am not talking to guys at all unless I have to for a mission.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Cytus 2 is out on android now. Pretty fun rhythm game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Trastion posted:

I am not talking to guys at all unless I have to for a mission.

This is also how I live my life.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Kheldarn posted:

I thought for a second this might be a puzzle game like Hitman Go or Tomb Raider Go, but nope it's a weird Pokémon Go clone...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Trastion posted:

It's pretty simple so far. I can see the timers getting out of hand after a bit. But I have a few different games I switch between so I don't really care if I have to leave it alone for a few hours. I try to set big timer items up before bed or when I wont be able to check things for hours.

Yeah, I'm enjoying this so far as a pickup and play for 10 minutes every few hours type of game. The little tasks and careers are decent so far and the energy regen doesn't seem to be too bad.

If anyone wants to add me in-game, my friend code is: MXTE4LX

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Kheldarn posted:

Good. I probably won't play it, but there needs to be some competition for Niantic so maybe they improve a bit and don't, for example, take 18 months to fix easily-remedied bugs that were common knowledge, daily frustrations for players, but Niantic didn't even know about.

I hope the genre gets filled with big, expensive properties.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Kheldarn posted:

Going to be hard to top Garfield Go.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

DemonMage posted:

It gets a lot better when you open Chapter 7 which opens up Hell difficulty (I think this is what did it). Then you can run the early Conquests on Hell and they're back to being good sources of experience every day. Just make sure you burn a Hot Time XP and an XP scroll if you've got it before hitting up all the Conquests.

And costumes are a good choice for gems. 10x pulls for trying for Unique Weapons is a great power boost if you get one you can use (to wear or to Awaken) but it's obviously a crapshoot. Costumes are baller and give small bonuses, pretty safe buy. Characters are not worth buying unless you REALLY want someone. Otherwise just recruit whichever waifu you want from the inn constantly.

Hell opens after 6-21 ? :aaa:
That explains the XP wall I've hit after clearing Chapter 6.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone playing The Sims figure out how to knock down interior walls? I added a kitchen/dining area to my house but had to connect it with a door. I'd rather there just be walls with an opening for access.. I see at a higher level I can get an open doorway, which would work.. I'd rather just have the wall stop at a certain point though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I don't think you can. I was trying to do the exact same thing and it looks like you can only build (and delete, move and resize) whole rooms.

Also the game really murders the battery on my S8+.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

victorious posted:

I thought for a second this might be a puzzle game like Hitman Go or Tomb Raider Go, but nope it's a weird Pokémon Go clone...

Cause it's not called Jurassic World Go, it's Jurassic World Alive.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

[edit] poo poo, this isn't the Android phone thread!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I'm liking the Westworld game which took all my time from play The Sims more. Though I am starting to hit a point where my Hosts are getting killed all the time and I cannot make the blood needed to repair them fast enough. Also when doing the thing to use hosts to upgrade other host (can't remember what its called), the sorting isn't great and it's hard to know which hosts you can afford to get rid of. You can't seem to sort by their profession/type.

Can't wait for Westworld's new season to hit so this is great to get me back into that world.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Are there any good mobile games which aren't cash shop microtransaction cancer poo poo?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Flavor Truck posted:

Are there any good mobile games which aren't cash shop microtransaction cancer poo poo?

No.

But you can certainly play and have fun with just about any game without ever buying anything. I play a lot of games and never buy anything. Granted I don't always play them for a long time but I do the same thing with AAA titles on my PS4 so that isn't saying much.

Edit: unrelated to your question but I have been having fun playing Mini Golf King. It is a multiplayer mini golf and the holes only take a minute or two each so you can easily play it in short bursts.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 8, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

No.

But you can certainly play and have fun with just about any game without ever buying anything. I play a lot of games and never buy anything. Granted I don't always play them for a long time but I do the same thing with AAA titles on my PS4 so that isn't saying much.

Yeah, Hoplite, Shattered Pixel, Polytopia, Battlevoid Harbinger, 80 Days, TheoTown etc etc. All cash shop horseshit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flavor Truck posted:

There are a ton in the OP. I've been enjoying 80 Days, Dungeon Warfare, Death Road to Canada, and Shortyz Crosswords.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Flavor Truck posted:

Part Time UFO

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Is there a consensus about which card game is best on android? I know there's hearthstone, elder scrolls legends and eternal but not sure which is better!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Eternal is my favorite right now, it's the closest feel to MTG and it's by far the most generous with the amount of cards they give you. For instance, you keep the deck you make for drafts. A new set just released so it might be a good time to jump in Gamer!

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

Flavor Truck posted:

Cytus 2 just released and it's a good rhythm game but you have to play some horseshit anime songs to progress.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear, a stand alone expansion set between the first 2 games in the series is out now for Android.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mrkillboy posted:

Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear, a stand alone expansion set between the first 2 games in the series is out now for Android.

If it's anything like the PC version prepare your anus aoe spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Is there a consensus about which card game is best on android? I know there's hearthstone, elder scrolls legends and eternal but not sure which is better!

I really like spellstone but I think I might give eternal a go based on what Vhak just said.