Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

It will be explained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Not really spoilers but if you didn't want any response at all, don't read this.

The game answers this question

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Strictly speaking, there's also the Velvet Room.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I think a lot of the post-Palace 3 stuff has me just asking questions that I'm not 100% sure if I should be asking at this point.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
General question - in NG+ am I able to create Ultimate Personas from arcanas I maxed in the previous playthrough? Or do I need to max each again in order to do so.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Capsaicin posted:

I think a lot of the post-Palace 3 stuff has me just asking questions that I'm not 100% sure if I should be asking at this point.

The game's plot is pretty cohesive and answers most questions you might be having. If not, you can discuss in the spoiler thread when you're done :)

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

corn on the cop posted:

General question - in NG+ am I able to create Ultimate Personas from arcanas I maxed in the previous playthrough? Or do I need to max each again in order to do so.

You can fuse them from the start. The postgame item you get from the maxed confidants lets you fuse the personas in addition to the abilities it unlocks.

e: yeah except for those 2 vv

astr0man fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 27, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

corn on the cop posted:

Fool and Justice don't give you items for maxing the rank, so you'll have to go through them all again (though they're automatic so whatever). Everyone else gives you an item that lets you do that and carry over some confidant abilities.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ROFL Octopus posted:

Fool and Justice don't give you items for maxing the rank, so you'll have to go through them all again (though they're automatic so whatever). Everyone else gives you an item that lets you do that and carry over some confidant abilities.

They do give items, just not immediately at max-rank. On the day you leave, you get the Velvet Room Key and Sae's Defense Attorney contact card.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That saves me a metric fuckload of time, thanks.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They do give items, just not immediately at max-rank. On the day you leave, you get the Velvet Room Key and Sae's Defense Attorney contact card.

Those are for strength and judgement

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You got Justice and Judgment confused

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Doing the seventh dungeon

"Well, I've got Thor and Surt, usually I can fuse Loki at some point as well, where is he?"

*finishes engine room*

"Oh, ok"

:smith: Goodbye you piece of poo poo

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
How do the NG+ Confidants work? I'm getting conflicting information.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Any you maxed in NG, and got the item for, have increased affection gain but otherwise work normally. This means you'll almost never have a meeting without leveling the link.

The max item lets you fuse ultimate personas from the get-go, and give various level up perks that you can access without having the confidant at the correct level. They're active as soon as you start the link. Otherwise progression works the same.

So, for example, Temperance has you unlock the massage perk at rank 10. As soon as you start the Temperance link in NG+ if you have the max item, you can use the massage. You don't get the perk that lets her do laundry until you get to the correct confidant level.

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 27, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Zore posted:

Any you maxed in NG, and got the item for, have increased affection gain but otherwise work normally. This means you'll almost never have a meeting without leveling the link.

The max item lets you fuse ultimate personas from the get-go, and give various level up perks (Kawakami's opens up her massage service) that you can access without having the confidant at the correct level. They're active as soon as you start the link. Otherwise progression works the same.

Weird, because I have Sojiro's, but I didn't go from Rank 2 to Rank 3 instantly. The same happened with Ryuji's 3-to-4, even though I had a Chariot persona equipped.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Rank and fusion exp bonuses reset to 0. However you retain certain benefits such as the ability to fuse the ultimate persona of that arcana, Kawakami's massage service, all of Chihaya's readings, all the velvet room functions, ability to make coffee/curry, etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Weird, because I have Sojiro's, but I didn't go from Rank 2 to Rank 3 instantly. The same happened with Ryuji's 3-to-4, even though I had a Chariot persona equipped.

Sojiro has an enormous affection requirement early on, along with a requirement to make coffee at least once. Partially because its plot locked.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The only bonuses to Rank Ups come from whichever girlfriend you spend Christmas Eve with, everything else ranks up like normal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You are going to have a ton of free time in NG+ anyway since you probably have maxed stats so it's not like the extra boost is needed.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
137 hours, 4 minutes.

That was certainly one hell of a ride. :unsmith:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
The fusion calculator says that the only way to make Satan is by fusing a DLC persona that isn't even released yet? Is that correct? I'd really like to fuse Lucifer before I NG+ for completionists sake and this throws a spanner in the works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

Doing the seventh dungeon

"Well, I've got Thor and Surt, usually I can fuse Loki at some point as well, where is he?"

*finishes engine room*

"Oh, ok"

:smith: Goodbye you piece of poo poo

its okay his design in p5 is kinda bad

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

The fusion calculator says that the only way to make Satan is by fusing a DLC persona that isn't even released yet? Is that correct? I'd really like to fuse Lucifer before I NG+ for completionists sake and this throws a spanner in the works.

No, that's completely not true. I just fused him yesterday, same as any other.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nah you can do it without dlc. Uriel and Raphael work. Mada and Kohryu too. Or any high level judgment persona + some variety of treasure demon.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How does the level one benefit from Fortune work?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Capsaicin posted:

How does the level one benefit from Fortune work?

You get a reading, and pick a stat. This takes 5000 yen and no time.

Any time you get a stat increase for that stat for the rest of the day, you gain one bonus point. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an extra music note.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Make sure you configure the calculator settings with whatever DLC you do or don't have, because it will affect certain fusions (like Satan). By default it assumes you have all the DLC.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/setting

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Thanks for the tips guys. I managed to fuse Lucifer eventually. The dream team is beginning to take shape.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the persona series as a whole is really about trying to find all the different forms of satan

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Gotta fuse em all

satanmon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean, watching this is when I knew I needed to play some Persona
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEvRM5amL4

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You get a reading, and pick a stat. This takes 5000 yen and no time.

Any time you get a stat increase for that stat for the rest of the day, you gain one bonus point. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an extra music note.

I had figured that music notes were the points themselves, so I kind of stopped bothering with luck readings for some actions, since it only showed 3 notes maximum. Guess I could have been a bit more efficient after all.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I had figured that music notes were the points themselves, so I kind of stopped bothering with luck readings for some actions, since it only showed 3 notes maximum. Guess I could have been a bit more efficient after all.

Yeah, the display maxes at 3 notes but notes don't directly correlate to points. There's an especially huge variance in 3 note stuff since just reading one of the persona background books gives you like 8 points base, but even 5 points gets you 3 notes IIRC.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

gently caress me, I've been fooled by interface lies.

Dont believe ondore's lies

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/857346862067535873

slev
Apr 6, 2009

the final mementos request sure was a dick

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
The only Momentos boss I had a real issue with was the one who could spam the all party confuse. I wiped to him like 5 times because he confused everyone and then they all decided it was time to kill Joker.

I only beat him because I got lucky and Makoto dodged both his confuse attempts and was able to cure the rest of the party.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Supremezero posted:

It seems pretty clear that they don't actually want any part of this and are just doing it to appease Atlus Japan/Sega/whatever, really.

Which is pointless considering they had no problem staggering the release outside of Japan for seven drat months. If they are really that paranoid about spoilers, the ship sailed on that literally over half a year in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zore posted:

The only Momentos boss I had a real issue with was the one who could spam the all party confuse. I wiped to him like 5 times because he confused everyone and then they all decided it was time to kill Joker.

I only beat him because I got lucky and Makoto dodged both his confuse attempts and was able to cure the rest of the party.

:same:

I hate that motherfucker but I gotta give him respect.