Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Naturally Selected posted:

Few hundred feet of well-lubricated rails?

Blood is a horrible lubricant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MrYenko posted:

Blood is a horrible lubricant.

But fat is pretty drat good.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Naturally Selected posted:

But fat is pretty drat good.

There was a much better joke in there. I am disappointed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

MrYenko posted:

There was a much better joke in there. I am disappointed.

Something about period sex?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

shipwrek posted:

I work doing graphics and decaling including vehicle wraps. Had a guy come in with his shiny new hydraulic dumping trailer. Sales guy had promised we could wrap the whole thing no problem (including all the various control, pinch point and moving surfaces warning labels). I am of course not told about this and left them uncovered because, duh, they're safety and warning labels! Sales guy tells me to cover them. I refuse. He gets the big boss man who takes one look and fires the sales guy on the spot who had done this crap before.

You'd be surprised how many people request such things. Including a mural in an international airport and the local contact wanted the graphics to wrap the 'Break Glass' extinguisher box because the design had a logo of a local sponsor on it.

When I worked retail, I got treated like a crazy person for telling people that they should make sure not to cover the important product warnings when slapping clearance stickers on items. Yeah because how important is a choking hazard warning on a toy? No way that could be a big lawsuit.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Volcott posted:

I've always wondered what would happen if a fat tried doing that.

If we're talking "Texas Fat" you're definitely going to get a derailment out of the stunt.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i agree

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Well that happened.

Where's OSHA when you need them? Obama!

hooker tops
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

scoob stallion
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

scoob stallion
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

AZ Guy
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

Cleft Loaf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

Octo Rugboy
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

hooker tops
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

socrates chugwolf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

Octo Rugboy
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

big sexy
Apr 7, 2015

by XyloJW

scoob stallion
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

hooker tops
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
That's one way to spend 80 dollars I guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Back on track.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Out of curiousity, what got posted?

Was it goatse?

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Weird fanfic about a mod loving his sister or something

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Also goatse

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

"Yep, it was live."

Holy gently caress.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

ExecuDork posted:

This is fantastic! Classic OSHA. I skipped through it, and the re-enactments get bigger-budget as you go along - at about 3:00 there's the mom-and-kids stuck on the track, which doesn't actually show the train hitting their car but does have the dramatic white-text-on-black names of the dead. At around 7:30 a girl gets squished by some rolling stock at a yard, and while you don't see the hit you do see the fun make-up job they did to make her look crushed to death. Then at 12:30 there's the big show-stopper: a group of teenagers bolt past the back of train number 1 going right-to-left only to get smucked by train number 2 going left-to-right. You see the hit, and there's a nice pile of pyrotechnics in the car. I love the presenter, he keeps insisting that the people aren't stupid, they just didn't think. What's the definition of stupid? And he has great glasses.

A++ would watch re-enactments of idiots dying again. Fortunately, there's a whole series of these "Operation Lifesaver" videos.

This video is actually pretty good, though very dated. When you grow up around a lot of blind crossings with no lights, you get used to being careful around trains. The DM&IR used to come to our school to remind everyone about how to deal with blind crossings.

I always remember them saying "Stop, turn off your radio, tell everyone in your car to shut the gently caress up, roll down your windows, listen for a train, then cross". That may sound like overkill, but kids still died every year at crossings in a region with an population of around 1000. There used to be a blind crossing in Cook right by the school and clinic where you couldn't see at all to the left until you were on the tracks. You had to listen every time.

Don't gently caress with trains. They don't care.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Blistex posted:

Vic Morrows and two kids were killed during the filming of a Twilight Zone movie. The chopper was hit by some debris from some pyrotechnics they were firing off and crashed. I think it took Vic and one of the Child's heads off and the other drown I believe. I think that was the incident that ended up causing a shitload of regulations to be written regarding stunts in film.

Johnathan Laroquette on the podcast Uhh Yeah Dude has a great story about how his dad got his car stolen, and because he spent all day trying to track it down missed getting killed because he was late for filming that very scene.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Potential OSHA? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRQt_PMhBXY

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Stab posted:

That's one way to spend 80 dollars I guess.

I don't mean to be that guy but what the hell just happened there? I can only see the aftermath.

My OSHA story is I used to work on their telephone systems in a local office and they were all very nice people.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ZeusCannon posted:

I don't mean to be that guy but what the hell just happened there? I can only see the aftermath.

Long text story with table breaking images of a guy loving his sister, ending with a goatse, repeated over and over. So much scrolling...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mostlygray posted:

This video is actually pretty good, though very dated. When you grow up around a lot of blind crossings with no lights, you get used to being careful around trains. The DM&IR used to come to our school to remind everyone about how to deal with blind crossings.

I always remember them saying "Stop, turn off your radio, tell everyone in your car to shut the gently caress up, roll down your windows, listen for a train, then cross". That may sound like overkill, but kids still died every year at crossings in a region with an population of around 1000. There used to be a blind crossing in Cook right by the school and clinic where you couldn't see at all to the left until you were on the tracks. You had to listen every time.

Don't gently caress with trains. They don't care.

Why the gently caress would you build a blind crossing with no lights? That's just asking for trouble.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the same folks that thought this was a good idea:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

PT6A posted:

Why the gently caress would you build a blind crossing with no lights? That's just asking for trouble.

Gravel roads in the middle of nowhere.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zeno-25 posted:

This is amazing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In train talk, the Orlando metropolitan area opened SunRail (its first commuter rail smaller than Amtrak) last May. They've forced freight to travel on the tracks in the very late night and early morning when SunRail isn't operating to keep the system unclogged, but it means that there's now a ton of rail traffic that didn't used to exist.

Being Florida, this inevitably means a flurry of accidents. Virtually every accident has been attributed to the driver getting impatient and trying to go around the gates, getting stuck or moving too slow, and getting struck by a train. Our drivers literally cannot handle regular train traffic.

That said, there is apparently one crossing down south where the gate has opened up early and drivers are too dumb to look to see if a train is coming before roaring across. While most people would find the idea of looking before you cross every time a bit laughable, I should point out that this crossing is literally next to the train station. You can see the big white and yellow train parked there before you even cross.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Yawgmoth posted:

This is amazing.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

PT6A posted:

Back in the day regulations were pretty lax about this sort of thing and it was A-OK to build blind crossings at sparsely populated areas - I mean, you get two-three trains a day and twenty cars max per hour, what are the odds of collision? Fast forward thirty years and suddenly there's a new suburb nearby and little incentive to fix the crossing, so a few fatal accidents need to happen before anyone can be arsed to install warning lights and beams.

There was an accident near me a couple of years ago that took the life of a guy who tried to run the lights and the beams at a train crossing and got stuck between the beams, right on the path of an incoming freight train. This was in a crossing that sees a single train a day at most. Darwin awards have been awarded for less.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Zeno-25 posted:

It seems dumb not to route the roads around it, but there is absolutely nothing unusual about that rail crossover as far as I know.

• Locked thread