Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Good on him for sticking to his guns then. Maybe he'll break the curse of every DC movie that isn't Batman being loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

2) Firing a bunch of people during a plague for the second time in 366 days (and the same day as a year ago) isn't funny, two actors who pride themselves on appearing big and tough being too big of actual drama queens to film their part of a scene being in the same room as each other is hilarious. I know which I'd rather talk about when I need to laugh

It is very wrestling-like. You've got the guy the whole thing is built around (Vin), then a new guy comes in and threatens his spot (Rock), so there's bad blood between them.

One of the movies should end with Vin about to kill the bad guy, only for the director to interrupt on screen, and put the Rock in Vin's place instead, giving him the heroic ending

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

vin diesel dies in fast 9 when he and cena fight for 10 minutes, cena hits the pedigree, and then cena takes another full 10 minutes to crawl over to the gun, grab it, and shoot vin to death

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wonder what they'll do on Smackdown tonight post-Mania and AEW getting that 1.2m on Wednesday.

Liquid Communism posted:

Good on him for sticking to his guns then. Maybe he'll break the curse of every DC movie that isn't Batman being loving terrible.

Birds of Prey was decent.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

He's been trying for years to land a role as Black Adam (and it's paid off, movie's slated to come out in summer 2022), presumably so much so that he's rebuffed any offers Disney may have made in that vein

e;f,b

If it weren't for the fact that the rights sit with Sony, I think, and the fact that Aquaman already stole its thunder, The Rock would be an absolutely perfect Namor.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Birds of Prey was decent.

I really liked Birds Of Prey. Largely because of how absolutely and absurdly extra Chris Messina and Ewan MacGregor were.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

boxcarhobo posted:

vin diesel dies in fast 9 when he and cena fight for 10 minutes, cena hits the pedigree, and then cena takes another full 10 minutes to crawl over to the gun, grab it, and shoot vin to death

It would be the funniest thing ever if the studio stepped in, had them write Vin out of the series in the 9th and brought back The Rock for the 10th.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure Vin Diesel owns a piece of the franchise or something so I don’t think that can happen. He’s got Hogan-esque creative control brother.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now I'm imagining Vin Diesel sending the script back for rewriting because that ending doesn't work for him, brother.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

BGrifter posted:

It would be the funniest thing ever if the studio stepped in, had them write Vin out of the series in the 9th and brought back The Rock for the 10th.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure Vin Diesel owns a piece of the franchise or something so I don’t think that can happen. He’s got Hogan-esque creative control brother.

i remember reading an article in variety i think a year or two back about how rock or vin or someone actually has a rep watching each fight scene and literally counting how much offense he gets in vs. the other dude and if it gets unbalanced then they force them to reshoot so he can go over

it's very much a "have to look strong even in a loss thing"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid Communism posted:

I assume Wonder Woman 1984 is clouding your view of how good Wonder Woman was so I will give you a pass while also bringing up your terrible oversight

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

kitten emergency posted:

i remember reading an article in variety i think a year or two back about how rock or vin or someone actually has a rep watching each fight scene and literally counting how much offense he gets in vs. the other dude and if it gets unbalanced then they force them to reshoot so he can go over

I feel like I’m learning so much about The Lore of the Fast and the Furious today.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BGrifter posted:

The weird names for all the F&F movies kinda own too. Instead of it just being F&F1, 2, 3 it’s 2 Fast 2 Furious. Or the 4th one they did the thing Apple did when they tried to name an iPad “the new iPad” so it’s called Fast & Furious with no The. Then they realized that’s confusing as gently caress so the next one is just called Fast Five.

The Japanese names for the series are ridiculous in their own amazing way.

WILD SPEED
WILD SPEED X2
WILD SPEED X3 - TOKYO DRIFT
WILD SPEED MAX
WILD SPEED MEGA MAX
WILD SPEED: EURO MISSION
WILD SPEED: SKY MISSION
WILD SPEED: ICE BREAK

Hobbs & Shaw, btw, is WILD SPEED: SUPER COMBO.

kitten emergency posted:

I'm pretty sure that ended up being a rumor. I'm going to keep pretending it's true though because it's funny.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Now I'm imagining Vin Diesel sending the script back for rewriting because that ending doesn't work for him, brother.

I'm entirely certain this happened.

kitten emergency posted:

Reminds me of the 1974 film of The Towering Inferno, where both Steve McQueen and Paul Newman had a clause in their contract guaranteeing them top billing in the film.

So how the producers got round this was to have their names appear on the same card in the titles sequence, arranged diagonally with McQueen's name bottom left and Newman's name top right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Vandar posted:

I'm pretty sure that ended up being a rumor. I'm going to keep pretending it's true though because it's funny.

nvm i guess it was a rumor from doin some googlin'

but the best rumors all have a bit of truth within them so its my headcanon now (also, did you see the way they choreographed the fight scenes in h&s, i'd fuckin' believe there was someone watching)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vandar posted:

The Japanese names for the series are ridiculous in their own amazing way.

WILD SPEED
WILD SPEED X2
WILD SPEED X3 - TOKYO DRIFT
WILD SPEED MAX
WILD SPEED MEGA MAX
WILD SPEED: EURO MISSION
WILD SPEED: SKY MISSION
WILD SPEED: ICE BREAK

Hobbs & Shaw, btw, is WILD SPEED: SUPER COMBO.

Those are fantastic. I didn’t watch Hobbs & Shaw, but I would watch the hell out of WILD SPEED: SUPER COMBO

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

anything that gets said in a thread in PSP will eventually be re-stated as a fact like 3 months later so let's cut to the chase, it happened

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
https://twitter.com/jonmoxIeys/status/1202655161656721408

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

I'm entirely certain this happened.

Reminds me of the 1974 film of The Towering Inferno, where both Steve McQueen and Paul Newman had a clause in their contract guaranteeing them top billing in the film.

So how the producers got round this was to have their names appear on the same card in the titles sequence, arranged diagonally with McQueen's name bottom left and Newman's name top right.

There was also the story that they both had to have the exact same number of lines of dialogue.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

My partner is going to be out of town for a week next month and I took that time off of work, so maybe I'll blast through these dumb, dumb movies then since I'll have lots of time to fill.

This is exactly what I did. A few years ago, my then-fiancee left for a weekend bachelorette party and I figured, what the hell, I'm going to marathon all eight movies over two days. As someone who loves lengthy movie series that mutate in various oddball directions (ie. Rocky, X-Men, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street), it was a fascinating watch.

The first movie is a competent-enough update of Point Break. Then the sequel is like Speed 2 where the main actor is nowhere to be seen but they make a movie anyway. The third one is the black sheep and is barely connected to the rest of the franchise. But it's connected in a way that makes the continuity really weird and at times meta. The fourth movie feels like a big culmination, but is probably the worst movie of the series and is only interesting in the cliffhanger. Once it hits Fast 5, poo poo starts getting completely crazy and over-the-top and it's entertaining as hell.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This just reminds me of what an absolutely great show Beyond Americanrana 2019 was. (maybe stop before the last match which has an absolute loving creep in it)

quote:

1) Leyla Hirsch vs. DL Hurst

2) Alex Reynolds vs. John Silver

3) EYFBO (Santana and Ortiz) vs. Bear Country (Bear Beefcake & Bear Bronson)

4) Chuck O'Neil vs. Wheeler YUTA

5) Cheeseburger (c) vs. Kenn Doane (w/Cam Zagami & Christian Casanova) vs. Kikutaro vs. Swoggle vs. Johnny Cockstrong vs. Solo Darling vs. Anthony Greene (w/Angel Sinclair & Ava Everett) vs. Marko Stunt vs. Puf vs. Alex Zayne

6) John Morrison vs. Josh Briggs

7) The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) vs. The Butcher And The Blade (Andy Williams & Pepper Parks)

8) Orange Cassidy (c) vs. RD Evans

9) Bryan Alvarez & Tom Lawlor vs. Nerder Death Kill (Nick Gage & Thomas Santell)

10) Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Chris Dickinson

11) Kimber Lee vs. Kris Statlander

12) Joey Janela vs. David Starr

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I work for a TV broadcaster and one of the former top presenters, Presenter A, had in their contract that they had to be paid more than one of the other presenters(Presenter B) no matter what, so each year when the pay was released, Person A would be on say €400,001 and Person B would be on €400,000 and this would go on every single year. It was very funny and petty.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shard posted:

Is this because of the beef between the two? Because if so - totes unprofessional

more like vin dievelisse

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 16, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Cerebral Bore posted:

Vin doesn't even read the script, just asks if he's loving going over

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Liquid Communism posted:

Disney loves his big goofy act, and I'm actually amazed he hasn't been pulled into a Marvel film yet.

He'd be a great Ben Grimm

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

jesus WEP posted:

more like vin dievelisse

Vin Diesel and Low Ki - the same guy???

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

He'd be a great Ben Grimm

He'd be a better Namor.

Then again, Namor is just Black Adam with Aquaman's gimmick.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Gavok posted:

He'd be a better Namor.

Then again, Namor is just Black Adam with Aquaman's gimmick.

And the mutant power of "sleeping with Reed Richards' wife"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tokyo Drift is the best movie in the franchise, but I love every single one of them. because they own.

that said- Vin Diesel is 6 foot, same height as Adam Cole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I work for a TV broadcaster and one of the former top presenters, Presenter A, had in their contract that they had to be paid more than one of the other presenters(Presenter B) no matter what, so each year when the pay was released, Person A would be on say €400,001 and Person B would be on €400,000 and this would go on every single year. It was very funny and petty.

Favored nations like Hall and Nash had.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

What was it like working with Piers Morgan?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
My rock movie knowledge doesn’t go far but on the blank check podcast they said that the rock tries to take over projects and is extremely domineering to push his “vision” of whatever he roles in even if he’s just an actor role not a producer, and griffin newman has never steered me wrong...yet

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Most surreal thing in this vid is seeing Orange Cassidy with a title. Not that he doesn't deserve it, I just thought he'd be too much of a slacker to actually get it.

So many marvel heroes are already taken, I don't even know which one The Rock could play that isn't a villain or a side-kick of a side-kick. ........Cyclops maybe? Nova?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fast and Furious is the greatest franchise in film history. No series gets BETTER with the 5th, 6th, 7th iterations, except for F&F.

Vin and the Rock are huge babies about the who goes over in the films tho and its real noticeable in 7 that he really wants to sideline him so Rock can't chew up the scenery like he did in 5&6.

Hobbs and Shaw is fine but its only really above the absolute bottom of the franchise in 4 & 8. Elba's motorcycle in that film justifies it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Do it ironically posted:

My rock movie knowledge doesn’t go far but on the blank check podcast they said that the rock tries to take over projects and is extremely domineering to push his “vision” of whatever he roles in even if he’s just an actor role not a producer, and griffin newman has never steered me wrong...yet

and this is why he's going to make a great president

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

Griffin is like the #1 Vin Diesel fan in the world so his opinions might be tainted on this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Do it ironically posted:

Didn't this date back to his very first movie The Scorpion King where the script was he was to lose to Michael Clarke Duncan on their first meeting but Rock demanded a draw? And Duncan stiffed him during the fight as a receipt and knocked Rock silly?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Hobbs and Shaw was more an advertisement for his dynasty than an actual film for people to enjoy, it was hot garbage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

roman didn't even say "oooh ahhh", 0 stars

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

:haibrow:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

He DOES spear a guy tho. Nia mysteriously not part of his fam on the island....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:haibrower: