Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

With Hurts likely out who do we like here?

Trevor Lawrence @NYJ (TNF!!)
Daniel Jones @ MIN (Sat morning)
Minshew @ DAL (Sat afternoon)

The weather is supposed to be bad for TNF, plus a toe injury for TLaw which has my head spinning.

I'm projected to win by 2 points. Keeper, 10 team 1PPR

I like Jones. Vikings are giving up a lot of points to QBs and traditionally get stomped after a big win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Dallas Defense against Philly or
Jacksonville defense against Jets thursday?

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 22, 2022

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Dallas Defense against Philly or
Jacksonville defense against Jets thursday?

I like JAX, you might see a surprise Hurts start on Sunday. You know for sure that JAX gets to feast on Zach Wilson on Thursday.

Full PPR:

Do I roll with G. Wilson vs Jax or C. Watson @ Miami? Leaning towards Wilson, I think the overall offense is better in GB, but Watson isn't necessarily the focal point like Wilson is.

Also torn between Montgomery vs Buf or White @ AZ, leaning towards White because AZ is going with a 3rd stringer.

slagmatic fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 22, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I've been ignoring it and hoping it would go away, but I have to pick up a Hurts fill in (this league runs waivers Wed night). Which one of these turds do I trust to send me to the finals

Gardner Minshew @ DAL
Derek Carr @ PIT
Zach Wilson vs JAX (Thursday + bad weather + sucks)
Sa... *chokes* Sam Darnold vs DET

God help me I think I am leaning Minshew. I'm interested in Carr but I saw some wild stat that Carr has never in his career won a cold weather game and has scored like 2 total TDs in them or something. Could just be small sample size noise of course.

Mostly I'm afraid my opponent and her wife are gonna add all of them and I will be stuck playing Trace McSorley or something lol. I am very low on FAAB.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Docjowles posted:

I've been ignoring it and hoping it would go away, but I have to pick up a Hurts fill in (this league runs waivers Wed night). Which one of these turds do I trust to send me to the finals

Gardner Minshew @ DAL
Derek Carr @ PIT
Zach Wilson vs JAX (Thursday + bad weather + sucks)
Sa... *chokes* Sam Darnold vs DET

God help me I think I am leaning Minshew. I'm interested in Carr but I saw some wild stat that Carr has never in his career won a cold weather game and has scored like 2 total TDs in them or something. Could just be small sample size noise of course.

Mostly I'm afraid my opponent and her wife are gonna add all of them and I will be stuck playing Trace McSorley or something lol. I am very low on FAAB.

I had a similar choice with slightly less favorable options (aka no Carr), and decided to go with Darnold. Maybe your team is better than mine, but without Hurts I am projected to lose by 25, so I need to go for ceiling points rather than floor points. I am always weary of QBs coming in after not starting for a while, and DAL has a decent defense, so that pushed me away from Minshew some, and you already covered Wilson. I figured DET can score points well but their pass defense is bad, so hoping for a shootout where Darnold has to throw all game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

I had a similar choice with slightly less favorable options (aka no Carr), and decided to go with Darnold. Maybe your team is better than mine, but without Hurts I am projected to lose by 25, so I need to go for ceiling points rather than floor points. I am always weary of QBs coming in after not starting for a while, and DAL has a decent defense, so that pushed me away from Minshew some, and you already covered Wilson. I figured DET can score points well but their pass defense is bad, so hoping for a shootout where Darnold has to throw all game.

Appreciate the perspective. And no, my team is probably not better than yours. I am projected to be blown out by like 35 points without Hurts lol. Any given Sunday etc but I was an underdog in this matchup even before the Hurts injury. I am walking into a buzzsaw. Gotta put my best face on, though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ugg, so it's the championship round in my superflex league, yeah early. It really looks like Lamar is not going to play again this weekend. So I potentially have to make a choice tonight:

Brock Purdy vs WAS
Zach Wilson vs JAX (TNF) (On Waivers)
Dalton @ CLE (Bad weather game) (On Waivers)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 22, 2022

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

0.5 PPR need to fill 1 WR slot:

K.J. Osborn v NYG
Tyler Boyd @ NE
Mack Hollins @ PIT
Michael Gallup v PHI

I currently have Osborn in the WR slot as Hollins and Boyd are facing tougher defences, however can Osborn actually have 3 good weeks in a row?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

I continue to ignore Cousins over Mahomes and Lawrence in my 2 QB league right

*rubs chin

So Lawrence doesn't have his left tackle and is playing outdoors in a bomb cyclone tonight while Kirk is playing in a dome?

This might be famous last words but I'm starting Kirk.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ugg, so it's the championship round in my superflex league, yeah early. It really looks like Lamar is not going to play again this weekend. So I potentially have to make a choice tonight:

Brock Purdy vs WAS
Zach Wilson vs JAX (TNF) (On Waivers)
Dalton @ CLE (Bad weather game) (On Waivers)

Tonight is terrible weather too. This seems like it had to be Purdy by default.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Everyone is saying to pivot away from TLaw tonight because of the weather. Not feeling great at all about that or Daniel Jones in lieu of Hurts going down :(

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

*rubs chin

So Lawrence doesn't have his left tackle and is playing outdoors in a bomb cyclone tonight while Kirk is playing in a dome?

This might be famous last words but I'm starting Kirk.

Hey, Kirk Cousins is a PRO BOWL QUARTERBACK.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

It’s 1PM Cousins will be fine

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I start the Jaguars D tonight vs the Jets over the Steelers vs LV, Minnesota vs NYG, or Miami vs GB, right?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I start the Jaguars D tonight vs the Jets over the Steelers vs LV, Minnesota vs NYG, or Miami vs GB, right?

Jags against Zach Wilson in a TNF Bomb Cyclone game? Seems too good to be true but I'd roll with it.

Absolutely not Minnesota lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah tonight has all the hallmarks of a truly disgusting TNF game, the rare time the Jags D feels like a great play.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

Absolutely not Minnesota lmao
lol jesus yeah I dont know why I included them considering the whole discussion about them being bad in the other thread. Going to blame being frazzled and excited about being alive in the playoffs.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

In the semifinals for my big league! :toot:

Standard scoring in yahoo

Need a 3rd wr:
Marquise Goodwin vs KC
DJ Chark vs CAR
Zay Jones vs NYJ
Josh Palmer vs IND

And

Rams DST vs DEN
Jags DST vs NYJ

Bold are who i have started right now. Zay is coming off a 3 td game but tonight is poo poo weather and a shutdown defense. My gut likes rams vs russ but rankings and people seem to be in on the jags here. Am i overthinking it?

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Dawson Knox or Evan engram. Ppr
Whichever I don't start always out scores the other

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
poo poo, Kenneth Walker hasn't practiced all week and is officially questionable. Assuming he can't go, I need to flex either of these two in half PPR:

Raheem Mostert vs GB
Latavius Murray @ LAR

Mostert has the better matchup, but Jeff Wilson is set to come back from injury. On the other hand, Chase Edmonds is also coming back, but I doubt he'll eat into Murray's ample workload.

This feels like a complete toss-up, but Murray may be the safer option.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

So I’m torn between Burrow and Jones. Going up against a guy who has Mahomes in the first round of the playoffs. Leaning towards Burrow but don’t know how much I should take NE or Minnesota’s defensive performances seriously

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CraigSlice posted:

Dawson Knox or Evan engram. Ppr
Whichever I don't start always out scores the other
Engram is going to be playing in a monsoon, apparently, so I'd go Knox I guess, but I havent done the research myself so I'm not sure how bad it might be or anything.

il serpente cosmico posted:

poo poo, Kenneth Walker hasn't practiced all week and is officially questionable. Assuming he can't go, I need to flex either of these two in half PPR:

Raheem Mostert vs GB
Latavius Murray @ LAR

Mostert has the better matchup, but Jeff Wilson is set to come back from injury. On the other hand, Chase Edmonds is also coming back, but I doubt he'll eat into Murray's ample workload.

Supposedly KW3 is going to play and if he does I'm starting him. If he doesnt play, for your situation I agree it feels like a tossup, if it were me I'd go Murray.

Cnidario posted:

So I’m torn between Burrow and Jones. Going up against a guy who has Mahomes in the first round of the playoffs. Leaning towards Burrow but don’t know how much I should take NE or Minnesota’s defensive performances seriously
Burrow is QB4 in the formats I'm in. Minny's D might be bad but so is Daniel Jones, so I wouldnt sit Burrow for him.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need a .5 PPR flex

Christian Kirk @ NYJ tonight
Zonovan Knight v JAX tonight
Michael Pittman v LAC
Latavius Murray @ LAR

Got Kirk in but feeling unsure

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Ppr

Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Tyler Allgeier @bal

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Engram is going to be playing in a monsoon, apparently, so I'd go Knox I guess, but I havent done the research myself so I'm not sure how bad it might be or anything.

Supposedly KW3 is going to play and if he does I'm starting him. If he doesnt play, for your situation I agree it feels like a tossup, if it were me I'd go Murray.

Oh good, I just saw the report saying Walker is supposed to play. Hopefully that's the case. It'll make my decision a lot easier.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Burrow is QB4 in the formats I'm in. Minny's D might be bad but so is Daniel Jones, so I wouldnt sit Burrow for him.

Makes sense. Thanks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CraigSlice I hope you played Engram despite my post

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

CraigSlice I hope you played Engram despite my post

I did, I ended up unable to change it to Knox so that worked out!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok, its semis, and I have two actually tough choices to make. Full PPR, 5 points for a 100 yard game. Pick 5 of the following pool, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 flex. I'll bold who I have in there right now

Justin Jefferson vs NYG
Stefon Diggs @ CHI
DeAndre Hopkins vs TB

JuJu vs Sea
Nick Chubb vs NO
JK Dobbins vs Atl

Miles Sanders @ Dal

I guess I can throw in that my TE options are Kittle, Waller, and Knox.

I'm really thinking about Juju over Hopkins and Miles over Dobbins. It's drat tough.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Ppr

Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Tyler Allgeier @bal

I hope you started Allgeier!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

il serpente cosmico posted:

Raheem Mostert vs GB
Latavius Murray @ LAR

I go with Murray here. I think its safer and the Rams also suck.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cnidario posted:

Makes sense. Thanks!

Yeah as a Pats fan who unfortunately watches the games I would add that while the defense is good, their stats are boosted by feasting on bad QBs. When they've faced actual good QBs they have mostly gotten loving smoked. Allen, Tua, Fields, Lamar, Cousins, all had good games. And Burrow is right up there. I expect them to lose to the Bengals by double digits. I don't really bet on games but I am very tempted to take the Bengals -3 line.

Daniel Jones is in a tasty matchup but he also has a 4 turnover brain fart game in his range of outcomes at any time. Zach Wilson was just in a great matchup and uh yeah vvv.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 23, 2022

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Jags D... that'll do! What an ugly game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Jags D... that'll do! What an ugly game.
Agreed.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Feels bad starting Tlaw but at least he got a TD.

edit: He met exactly his projections on Yahoo, and my opponent started Christian Kirk...who did not. So not bad!

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 23, 2022

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I hope you started Allgeier!

Lol nope

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Why the gently caress did I start a guy on Thursday night ?

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Semi-Final W/R/T flex options, need to start 2 of 3

Currently:
Singletary @ CHI
Foreman vs. DET

Diontae vs. Raiders

E: Or full dice rolls
Doubs @ MIA
Sutton @ LAR

Figuring Singletary should see a solid work load with the weather, albeit splitting with Cook.

Foreman’s absolute bomb/usage last week is scaring me a bit with the way I see the game going. Start Diontae over him and hope the targets keep coming (maybe a TD finally), or roll Foreman?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I have either Mike Evans or DeVonta Smith as my WR2 going into my semifinal. Given the last three weeks I’d start Smith easily, but with Minshew I’m not completely sure. Am I crazy for even thinking about starting Evans (against Arizona) over Smith (potentially with Minshew against the Cowboys with the possibility of AJ Brown eating into his stats that Evans doesn’t quite seem to have)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mikeraskol posted:

I have either Mike Evans or DeVonta Smith as my WR2 going into my semifinal. Given the last three weeks I’d start Smith easily, but with Minshew I’m not completely sure. Am I crazy for even thinking about starting Evans (against Arizona) over Smith (potentially with Minshew against the Cowboys with the possibility of AJ Brown eating into his stats that Evans doesn’t quite seem to have)?

Don't sit Smith, Minshew being in might even mean more targets.

--------

If Walker can't go (I'm playing him if he's active) I need a backup RB2 and FLEX, .5PPR

Rachaad White @ARI
Swift @CAR

Chark @CAR
Aiyuk vWAS
Allgeier vBAL
Akers vDEN
Warren vLV
Deon Jackson vLAC

Chark's been hot the last 4 weeks but understandably cooled off a bit against the Jets last week, that D is legit. I don't trust Aiyuk with Purdy in there at all.