Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/29/as-liberal-democrats-we-must-set-out-a-bold-and-distinctive-offer-to-voters

Bold vision of the Lib Dems in a guardian letter: rejoin the EU! That's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Would an independent scotland seek to rejoin the EU?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They'd expel the Lib Dems to Orkney first.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Libdems would absolutely jump to prop up the Tories again given the slightest whiff of a chance to hop aboard the gravy train like Facebook Cleggy did. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a Jameson guzzling buffoon.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wachter posted:

Withnail and I-style drunk

Wachter posted:

This was a terrible, dogshit post. No excuse. Sorry everyone.

In Withnail voice: What a piece of work is a man. How noble in reason! How infinite in faculties! How like an angel in apprehension! How like a *god*!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

The Libdems would absolutely jump to prop up the Tories again given the slightest whiff of a chance to hop aboard the gravy train like Facebook Cleggy did. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a Jameson guzzling buffoon.

Its a completely different situation. The libdems refused to prop up new labour, instead supporting a change to tory. So if you're expecting them to do the same things "again" then actually they would back starmer. Except of course they got wrecked last time they did that so who knows.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Given we have lots of Irish posters ITT I would request not calling it something you wouldn't call it actually in Ireland, please.

We don't give a gently caress mate, both sides used them. In Ireland its called the Irish Bomb.
I was going to say they weren't invented here, but a google found a site saying that it was, back in 1920 Ireland had the first car bomb.
The only crime here is that its a waste of Baileys and Guinness.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy posted:

We don't give a gently caress mate, both sides used them. In Ireland its called the Irish Bomb.
I was going to say they weren't invented here, but a google found a site saying that it was, back in 1920 Ireland had the first car bomb.

You probably wouldn’t want to wander into a pub on the Shankhill and order a cocktail made of Baileys and Guinness, mind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

You probably wouldn’t want to wander into a pub on the Shankhill and order a cocktail

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i’m sure it’s still called that in a lot of american bars but even then many have dropped it for fear of making people uncomfortable

in college i of course used the same tasteless phrase to make cake bombs to take to parties. chocolate guinness cupcakes, whiskey in the chocolate ganache filling and baileys in the buttercream on top

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

happyhippy posted:

Ah cool glad that's settled then

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smellmycheese posted:

You probably wouldn’t want to wander into a pub on the Shankhill

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Fair

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

jaete posted:

what's the cheapest whisky

that's my favourite, or well, would be if i drank whisky

Lidl own brand Ben Bracken if you want a cheap Islay. 20 quid a bottle and it's OK. Bit too sweet for my tastes, its a Bowmore that didn't make the grade.

Glen Moray for a speyside, usually on offer in big supermarkets for about 25 quid.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Fascinating, in the Irish expat community I grew up in that wouldn't have flown at *all*.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

maybe people should just relax over the name of a cocktail. seems a bit weird

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

happyhippy posted:

It’s ok if you drink it within 15 seconds or so before it starts to curdle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Social media reporting that Kissinger finally died. Long overdue. Like, 70 years overdue.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

forkboy84 posted:

Social media reporting that Kissinger finally died. Long overdue. Like, 70 years overdue.
I would have thought his life force would have been greatly strengthened by the number of civilians getting murdered in Gaza.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

We don't get much to celebrate in this thread, but there are three big stories that have made my day better in my life; the 2017 election result, finding out David Cameron hosed a pig, and Kissinger, one of the biggest cunts in human history, taking his trip to hell.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Look at what you've DONE

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just looking at that gave me diabetes

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

A terrible crime, but still not as bad as Kissinger's.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Him dying is not a crime, it's a blessing

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Rip Henry Kissinger. War crimes just won't be the same without you lurking in the background.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

smellmycheese posted:

You probably wouldn’t want to wander into a pub

Too loving expensive. I just need sugar, water, turbo yeast and some distillery equipment hidden in the forest for a good time on the cheap.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Diet Crack posted:

Look at what you've DONE

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

NotJustANumber99 posted:

rSo if you're expecting them to do the same things "again" then actually they would back starmer.

Yeah exactly, they would prop up the tories.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

kecske posted:

Shankill

We’s ell pro ‘tain and pro ‘tain accessories. (Flegs)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope they put him next to Thatcher in Hell.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Whiskey supremacy, no.

Whisky supremacy, yes.

This is the exact, 180⁰ opposite of reality, and I will go to the mattresses on this.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Got a 24 dram advent calendar for my birthday, this rules.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

This is the exact, 180⁰ opposite of reality, and I will go to the mattresses on this.

The secret is that there's great whisky/whiskey everywhere. I'd like to try Amrut someday, which is an Indian single malt. The point is that there's something for everyone & the good whisky is the whisky you like.

(But obviously please buy Scottish whisky to prop up the only manufacturing industry Scotland has left)

grobbo
May 29, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Better yet, Liz Truss has been hanging around Washington DC this week so we can assume she's somehow responsible.

Good work, Liz, we knew you wouldn't let Oceangate overshadow your efforts to become the world's deadliest sub.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

re: Labour selection stitch-ups

https://twitter.com/tomorrowsmps/status/1729993015618375836?s=20

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
There is no afterlife or eternal punishment. Kissinger lived a full and happy life and died peacefully in his sleep, self assured that he did nothing wrong and will be remembered as one of histories great men.

Edit

The press are tediously dancing around this royal family racism story for legal reasons. Who was it that said the things, hoping for Charles and Brenda?

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 30, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it was charles and kate

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Always struck me as a wrong un that Middleton lass.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Always thought Phil was a dead cert, didn't he come out with that kind of thing on a regular basis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

jaete posted:

what's the cheapest whisky

that's my favourite, or well, would be if i drank whisky

As someone who has actually drunk Tesco Value Scotch Whisky, I assure you; there is no amount of cover up or mixer that can save you. The only things I can think of that were equal or worse was the knock-off ethanol thing a friend bought back from abroad and expired fortified cooking wine. Neither were highlights in my life.

Also, I thought Irish Car Bombs were kind of a dodgy name for a cocktail / whatever the hell it is, way back in the day even when they had them in the Irish run pubs I went to. Can't remember anyone giving a gently caress at the time but no bother to me if it's canceled now, feels like the right move to make imo.