Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Grammaton posted:

Do firestorm or flameblast benefit much from + fire gems, or mainly SRS does?

Spells benefit greatly from +gems, because that's where your flat damage (mostly) comes from that everything else scales off of. Outside of a couple of exceptions (Caustic Arrow comes to mind) attack gems don't have the same benefit, as they scale off of the weapon being used.

Also consider that your support gems may also get that +gem level boost as well, which increases things further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Soothing Vapors posted:

Does Life Gain on Hit do anything for SWT? Swt isn't an attack. Even if it was, seems like a waste.

It's there because the guide had it and I didn't have a better idea for the second red. Empower is probably better.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I always confuse EE and EO :downs:

Blind would probably be some nice QOL, or recolour it and slot in Faster Casting

What are your HP and resists at, Tulip? I ain't doing math here. I'm sure the Kaom's ring is some good regen but seems like you're giving up a lot of HP/resists between the two rings and the gloves.

Recoloring to 1R3B is going to be...expensive. 1R1G2B is going to sting a little, but not as bad, so blind might not be a bad idea. I've never used blind before, are bosses generally immune to it? Everything else dies almost instantly on contact with the totems through T11.

HP 4628, ES 22, Resists 76/75/75/-26. Armor's at 9168, and I die to physical a lot more than any other source. I can safely switch to a second Kaom's ring, but the Pyre helps with DPS.

Soothing Vapors posted:

He's probably avoiding added fire damage because I think what he's doing with the totem is using it to proc EO, but empower or something would be better.

I say this as someone who once made a axe-based SWT witch full-fire conversion build: your build is goofy as hell. I love it

Yeah, I'm using the totem to proc EO. And yes this build is goofy and fun and it's my first experience with the game and my EQ jugg and TS deadeye feel so boring by comparison plus I'm bad at them.

whypick1 posted:

Your CwDT/IC/FW should be a level 1 CwDT setup, not fully-leveled.

Switched the CwDT/IC/FW up. Is FW even a good idea? I don't really know what else to put there.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So to make sure I have this correct. Let's say I have Blood Magic. If I take both Mind Over Matter and Eldritch Battery: I'm effectively immune to chaos damage: correct? Chaos damage bypasses ES to damage you directly. I move my ES to my mana and when I am hit by chaos damage it simply bypasses my ES to hit my mana, and due to Blood Magic, I don't have any. And simply does no damage.

OR am I simply not taking the first 30% of chaos damage because it's applied directly to my mana (which no longer exists) and the other 70% of the chaos damage is then applied directly to my life total?

I've googled this quite a bit and haven't found a straight answer.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ThePotatoMasher posted:

any goon HC guilds doing the ladder? i'd like to actually party with someone

This league mechanic, like many before, actively discourages partying, unless you mean one dedicated support that you pay with splinters/drops.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

fennesz posted:

So to make sure I have this correct. Let's say I have Blood Magic. If I take both Mind Over Matter and Eldritch Battery: I'm effectively immune to chaos damage: correct? Chaos damage bypasses ES to damage you directly. I move my ES to my mana and when I am hit by chaos damage it simply bypasses my ES to hit my mana, and due to Blood Magic, I don't have any. And simply does no damage.

OR am I simply not taking the first 30% of chaos damage because it's applied directly to my mana (which no longer exists) and the other 70% of the chaos damage is then applied directly to my life total?

I'm pretty sure it'll do nothing because with MoM when you're at 0 mana (like you would be with BM) you take the full brunt of the hit as life.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

interrodactyl posted:

I have no idea how to price these boots in BSC

http://i.imgur.com/dduSkMu.png

I have them up at 1ex right now, but poe.trade isn't very helpful: http://poe.trade/search/setekokewohaan

Any ideas?

FYI these sold for 45c

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I'm pretty sure it'll do nothing because with MoM when you're at 0 mana (like you would be with BM) you take the full brunt of the hit as life.

The few google hits I got either said this or it was 70/30. But either circumstantially I have been taking less damage or something else changed because it feels like I'm taking less damage. I even ditched my Atziri flask for something else.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

queeb posted:

Can grandpa totems do the breach areas? Having to keep moving to keep the timer up seems like it could be difficult. I have a 75 brototem chieftain I gave up on but maybe I'll try him out again.

My brotem man has done all of the breachstones.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Any thoughts on these? I'm a newb to pricing rares :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I would put them both up for 2c and feel happy if I got anything.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

fennesz posted:

Eldritch Battery states:

Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life
Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs

This means that damage that should apply to your mana will first be taken from the ES pool on top of it. With blood magic, you'll have no mana pool, but the ES will still protect that zero. 30% of the damage you take will be taken from whatever ES you have. The rest will go toward your life pool.

To your specific question: No, you will not be immune to chaos damage as it will just ignore your ES and damage your life and mana pools directly. Since you have no mana to damage with blood magic, it just takes all of it from your life pool.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
5c boots other thing is leveling stuff and i filter for 1c buyout on that stuff

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Bugsy posted:

Im seemingly constantly (slowly) re-leveling. Rodent is always pushing the HC ladder. Not really sure who else is playing BHC.

I don't get to play much but I'm about to start mapping.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

I basically gave up on it because I just couldn't get the damage up enough for most bosses. Trash mob clearing was pretty quick though. Not sure what I was doing wrong.

I made one based on poison/blade flurry with 110% skill duration and it slaughters everything while still being basically indestructible. Determination + Grace with Iron Reflexes is basically physical damage immunity, and Perfect form + Hinekora's Sight + Vaal Grace on 110% duration means you have 75% spell dodge on top of 75% spell block. For damage? Well, it's a poison build, you get tons of damage for free.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Thinking on making a ED/Contagion Shadow ... i'm still not totally in love with the playstyle but it's the only caster that i like. (Flameblast not really that fun, imo but i haven't tried Mathil's Fireball+VaalFireball build which seemed quite fun ).

Don't like Occultist cause of Profane Bloom killing the contagion chain. Scion(Deadeye+Occultist) seems more adjusted for a lowlife build so going Trickster because i'm thinking on going CI since i never made a CI build.

Here's what i came up with : poeurl seems to be down so here's a link to poeplanner

Doesn't seem to be all that hard to screw up, basically i got all chaos, dot damage and energy shield stuff i could with some other nice stuff(2 curses, area dmg+radius, pierce).

Questions to people who made a ED character
- Piercing Shots worth it? Seems like having 50% pierce on ED would be nice but unsure.
- Since i'm getting Piercing Shots and most likely will be using a Consuming Dark + ES Shield, would those 3 shield nodes(Deflection) near that node be worth it?
- I want to get Alchemist but seem out of 'points' to use :(
- Also would like to grab Essence Surge for super fast ES start but doesn't seem worth all the points getting there :(
- anything important i missed?

(Have a soulstrike quiver so might try to make a decay bow if i ever get enough surplus currency to buy the essence)

EDIT: seems prices on the elementalist items are dropping quite a bit, might go that way.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 22, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

madstrike posted:

Thinking on making a ED/Contagion Shadow ... i'm still not totally in love with the playstyle but it's the only caster that i like. (Flameblast not really that fun, imo but i haven't tried Mathil's Fireball+VaalFireball build which seemed quite fun ).

Don't like Occultist cause of Profane Bloom killing the contagion chain. Scion(Deadeye+Occultist) seems more adjusted for a lowlife build so going Trickster because i'm thinking on going CI since i never made a CI build.

Here's what i came up with : poeurl seems to be down so here's a link to poeplanner

Doesn't seem to be all that hard to screw up, basically i got all chaos, dot damage and energy shield stuff i could with some other nice stuff(2 curses, area dmg+radius, pierce).

- Piercing Shots worth it? Seems like having 50% pierce on ED would be nice but unsure.
- Since i'm getting Piercing Shots and most likely will be using a Consuming Dark + ES Shield, would those 3 shield nodes(Deflection) near that node be worth it?
- Also would like to grab Essence Surge for super fast ES start but doesn't seem worth all the points getting there :(

(Have a soulstrike quiver so might try to make a decay bow if i ever get enough surplus currency to buy the essence)

EDIT: seems prices on the elementalist items are dropping quite a bit, might go that way.

i followed this guys guide and was clearing t15s smooth as eggs
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717015/page/1

it's trickster ED and it's really good. don't use CD, CD sucks poo poo now, you want a decay weapon. elementalist also sucks, go big or go home, go......TRICKSTER

e: I also don't play that char any more, not because it wasn't fun or good but because after 91 levels I needed a change of pace.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Humm, what's CD?

EDIT: Oh, consuming dark, lol. Sorry :)

EDIT2: Also, i meant, using Consuming Dark until i got a good decay weapon since it's such a cheap option.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Got some insane luck yesterday and FIVE FOR ONE gave me a Cospri's Malice. I know it got the nerfbat, but is it still good for anything?

Most likely just going to sell it and fund something else. My double-Hands Spectral Throw Raider is tearing poo poo up in maps now, which is nice, and permanent immunity to stun and elemental effects is kickass, as is 8 frenzy charges. Only have around 6700 ES, though, but it's hard to get more without spending a huge amount.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

madstrike posted:

Ideally you want 100% pierce on ED. It feels like garbage with even 50%. Most builds use the Pierce gem (which is fine, has a more multiplier) and Piercing Shots wheel together to get 100%.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I think there's a cap on bigness from Soul Eater, which sucks -- I know they put one on there for monsters but didn't know if it applied to players or not, but there's no appreciable difference in size between 60 stacks and 100.

Anyway, because I'm a weirdo, here's my giant woman:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can get even bigger when you additionally steal other abilities like Increased Health (you'll see it sometimes during headhunter races where people become too big to see where they are running)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Is there a good HoWA build guide somewhere?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters (shimHandofSlamandJam) is my HoWA ST character. Went CI Raider. Leveled with the basic claws until 68.

It builds pretty similarly to a WI, because you're once again trying to squeeze out as much Int as you can. If you go Spectral Throw you'll want to grab a bunch of projectile stuff and run GMP/Slower Projectiles, Blade Flurry would want more melee and Inc AoE/Conc Effect. People have also run it as Inquisitor and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Elementalist version floating around.

theshim fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 22, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mortimermcmire/characters
char = GDC
leveled as ST with blade flurry in offset until 68, respecced out of the projectile nodes. get + frenzy charges last, rush the leech nodes and vaal pact, be ready to spec into unwavering, CI, and ghost reaver at the same level, I did it at 68

get a vinktar
ascendencies: poacher -> quartz infusion -> veil -> slaughter
raider is the best ascendency for this no questions asked, immunity to everything except bleed is insanity

bandits: kill, kill or AS, frenzy

5L: drop inc aoe
4L: drop light pen and reconsider your life

if you have super supreme-o gear and want to get a lot of resist jewels you can drop purity of elements and get discipline for a lot more ES. I personally don't think that's worth it, I'm at 8400 and still manage to not get one shot by core malachai

mbt fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 22, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

When do you consider it ok to take CI? with Discipline up I have 2.4k ES at level 69 right now on my HoWA character ( sticking with ST because I like how it looks compared to flurry :v:)

(edit) Also it's possible to respec ascendencies, right? I picked up slaughter from the cruel lab but I'm reconsidering for the time between when I can do merc and uber for that Veil node :( Yep, five regret each. I can do that

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 22, 2016

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's way too low. You wanna aim for like 5k by that level at least.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah I assumed it was too low to enter CI, just wasn't sure by how much. Got some trading to do later, I only just got to 68 last night. What are the best slots to get ES on for the most part? This is my first intended-CI character so I'm kind of casting about randomly.

CiaphasSA_ST if anyone wants to look.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 22, 2016

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You should probably invest in a 600+ energy shield chest. 5links go for around 30c.

lol I didn't even notice the skyforths

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 22, 2016

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You'll definitely get the most out of a new chest. Also, those boots man jeez, just vendor trash.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Get some real armor and give me my poo poo back :v:

You also have better HoWAs than I do, gently caress.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theshim posted:

Get some real armor and give me my poo poo back :v:

You also have better HoWAs than I do, gently caress.

I was looking for you this morning, I'll try again after work. Thanks for the loan :)

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll go chest hunting tonight. It's a bugger finding an ES chest with three greens and a red though I bet.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

I was looking for you this morning, I'll try again after work. Thanks for the loan :)

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll go chest hunting tonight. It's a bugger finding an ES chest with three greens and a red though I bet.

3k chromes or buy a splendour

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Should just take you 800 chromatics using Vorici 1 Red 2 Green :classiclol:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I got a 6l with my colors in around 200 each of chromes, fusings and jewelers, but I understand that this is approximately the luckiest I will ever be, so.

(jfc the cheapest noncorrupted 6l vaal regalia is 4ex goddamn :signings:)

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
So my SRS guy is now fully geared and I'm really enjoying being able to run any map without even looking at the stats on it.

Are there some other builds that are fun to play able to do this as well?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

3k chromes or buy a splendour

Splendour might be what I want in a few levels, thanks.

I can't look for myself at work right now, but I've seen Splendours as high as about 650 ES. How high can good rare chests get?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
750+ top end 1k

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
900+ goes for about 15-20ex

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I slammed a delirium down fully expecting it to be a complete waste of 50c (purchased from my good chum Funman). I succeeded in making a new sword for my viper striker :getin:

Funnily enough I did it on a Dragoon Sword because I thought the chance of getting malicious (the chaos damage roll) was too low. A jewelled foil with the same mods would be a bit better for VS.
Gonna throw an exalt on it before the league is over, but until then I have lot of other equipment that desperately needs upgrading. My previous sword was a jewelled foil worth over an ex (305 pdps, 1.9 aps) I crafted in 15c worth of orbs, so I'm just on a loving roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Malt posted:

So my SRS guy is now fully geared and I'm really enjoying being able to run any map without even looking at the stats on it.

Are there some other builds that are fun to play able to do this as well?

ED/Contagion also largely ignores mapmods, although it seems like reception to how fun it is is mixed. I enjoyed it, and I enjoy SRS, so maybe you would like it too v:shobon:v

• Locked thread