Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Going to have to keep these in the back pocket next time for next level strats.
https://clips.twitch.tv/blizzard/LovelyWombatANELE
https://clips.twitch.tv/blizzard/En...ndeerBigBrother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

That was a nice popflash that anime British girl pulled off

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Your boy (goat?) is at Eleague again. I'll have pictures this time!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

sterster posted:

Going to have to keep these in the back pocket next time for next level strats.
https://clips.twitch.tv/blizzard/LovelyWombatANELE
https://clips.twitch.tv/blizzard/En...ndeerBigBrother

get that crap outta here

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

John DiFool posted:

I believe you, but how do you know?

There are a million variables in play, but at a basic level the resolutions and sensitivities involved for the average CS player means that DPI beyond 400 simply isn't necessary. If you play with a high sensitivity and a huge resolution (for CS, such as 2560), you would probably need 800+ for precise tracking. On a macro level also, resolution bottlenecks the relevance of DPI (CPI) also. For 1920x1080 which is what I use, iirc that's around 1400 (assuming an FOV of 90 at 4:3).

Increasing CPI beyond this just results in pixel skipping. Your CPI should be smaller than this maximum, and in order to be "pixel perfect", i.e. not move more than one pixel for the smallest possible rotation of your mouse, be over a minimum CPI which for most people is something like 2-300 in CS:GO. This is affected by your sensitivity, resolution and FOV (and fine motor control, mousepad, and more). Anywhere in between these sweet spots and all you are doing is increasing your speed, rather than your precision, when you raise your CPI.

In games with a fixed view, like Starcraft, maximum relevant CPI increases linearly with your resolution, so it's really simple. In a game like CS, since everything is in radians rather than nice, normal pixels, your maximum CPI can actually be higher in smaller resolutions, but these maximums are purely theoretical because they would require inhuman levels of control to utilise to their full effect, and in practice probably just create errors when the sensor is introduced to a non-flawless surface.

Just stick to a native DPI to your mouse's sensor, somewhere between 400-1600, and you'll be fine 99% of the time. Within the minimum and maximum, the higher CPI will be infinitesimally more accurate in terms of being able to turn even smaller fractions of a degree, but in reality we lack the ability to control a mouse that well in the first place, so you should just use whatever is comfortable to browse Windows in, imo.

And I know because once upon a time knowing mouse stuff was important and kind of restricted information, in that there was a loving pile of misinformation and there were only a few mice that actually worked to a good standard for competitive FPS gaming. I don't guarantee that all of this is "mouse engineer" level accurate though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Currently 2-0 on the UMK3 cabinet at Eleague.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
If you're watching on TV I have a Rick and Morty shirt on under a hoodie and a lovely zit on my chin. What up

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I was just (loudly) told I shouldn't have my little 5 year coin thing show because I'm bad at the game :saddowns:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

drunken officeparty posted:

I was just (loudly) told I shouldn't have my little 5 year coin thing show because I'm bad at the game :saddowns:

How did you tell the person to go gently caress themselves (loudly)?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is that where I know your name from

Modern Goonfare crew, man :hf:

I have a friend who plays at 5.5 sens 800 dpi, I tried it and that's still enough to comfortably do a 720 spin in 10 inches (ie waaaay too much). Just lower yours a point or two and see how that goes, you can lower it more as you get used to it. Trust me, it won't be as bad as you think.

Elman fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 5, 2016

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are you guys saying this in a strictly counterstrike sense or do you play other games like that. What do you put it on when you play a different source game like regular HalfLife 2 or something. The scale wouldn't go 0-10 if you were meant to stay under 1.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
well yeah half life fear and quake all that good stuff i do with higher sens but not much since ive gotten used to 1 in csgo. probably between 2-4

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Meh, PC games it's a lower sensitivity but console it is higher but still considered slow by most.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Are you guys saying this in a strictly counterstrike sense or do you play other games like that. What do you put it on when you play a different source game like regular HalfLife 2 or something. The scale wouldn't go 0-10 if you were meant to stay under 1.

I don't play cs at the same sens I do other games or have the dpi similar. I have two mice though. There's the cs mouse and there's the general use mouse. I could just swap the dpi regularly but it would mean interacting with the razer software so I just don't. Like I said its about making a small adjustment in a small space. If you're silver 3 or whatever and you have to turn around completely to respond to someone shooting you because your teammate didn't mention he's dead and they're pushing I get the point of high sens but once you're out of retard ranks or you're being the opening kill guy its time to lower the sens.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

i use double/triple sens for everything else

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you should play every single shooter with a fairly low sens but cs:go should probably be the lowest. character models are small in all games, having your movements just skip past them is bad and its pretty inescapably true for every single game

those flick shots you were claiming are proof that high sens is good are also easier on a lower sens btw

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Teammate who's whining about dumb poo poo: "this team doesn't know the basics of CS" *buys ak round 2*

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I love hearing round 2 AK's being fired; it's the comforting sound of you being about to win your CT force buy

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
nothing first round, bizon second round, bizon every other round you keep destroying them.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Since when is buying a rifle on round 2 a bad idea?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Since your team is full of mixed retards and you end up with a mixed buy with 2 AKs, a Galil and two Mac10s.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

you should play every single shooter with a fairly low sens but cs:go should probably be the lowest. character models are small in all games, having your movements just skip past them is bad and its pretty inescapably true for every single game

My friend who used to win UT tourneys at clanbase has his sensitivity really high in everything. Me and my CS playing friend (a supreme) got his config from him when we were doing a coop playthrough of Unreal. We were incapable of turning without spinning around 3-4 times.

It was easily 30 times higher than what I use in CS. And I have 1v1'd this dude in UT and he was a god.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smol posted:

It's not if you play carefully as a team and play the range advantage. That's easier on CT, but it's harder to buy a good rifle round 2 on CT. As for T, you're likely to run into someone with a pistol up close and you've just gifted the best gun on the server. Not worth it solo queue.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's okay to buy rifles if you've got a massive lead on 2nd half like it's 13-2 or 12-3 and you win pistol.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

It gives the CT's a ridiculous early firepower and economical advantage once they have one or often two free AK's on the back of a failed round

It is obviously not always the wrong choice and having a single AK can work out really well if you're playing it conservatively rather than try to run in before the mac 10's which for some reason seems to be the most common approach at almost any level of disorganization

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 5, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Noones mentioning the real isuue: if you win pistol, you can buy kevlar + helmet. If you buy a rifle and lose it you just gave the enemy team a weapon thay has high armor penetration. If its the ak, gently caress your dumb rear end helmet.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Surely the other team will full save for 2 rounds if they lose pistol so I can rush out like a god with whatever I bought and laugh at their puny default pistols. Oh my god they bought what the gently caress are you guys doing just hanging back there its your fault if we lose this one.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I did some dumb moves, but I feel good about my results this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GQF8CA-UU

surc fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 5, 2016

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

surc posted:

So drat handsome.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

surc posted:

weird moves but you can't argue with results :thumbsup:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Holy poo poo that was a legendary nuke T pistol round by G2.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Please watch the massacre that is G2 vs. EchoFox on dust2. bodyy pushed through B tunns into T spawn to kill seangares watching mid.

Also as I type this they had three AWPs peek T spawn and take out ShahZam. :allears:

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

symbolic posted:

Please watch the massacre that is G2 vs. EchoFox on dust2. bodyy pushed through B tunns into T spawn to kill seangares watching mid.

Also as I type this they had three AWPs peek T spawn and take out ShahZam. :allears:

Echofox got 6 rounds over the three maps they played.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

dex_sda posted:

My friend who used to win UT tourneys at clanbase has his sensitivity really high in everything. Me and my CS playing friend (a supreme) got his config from him when we were doing a coop playthrough of Unreal. We were incapable of turning without spinning around 3-4 times.

It was easily 30 times higher than what I use in CS. And I have 1v1'd this dude in UT and he was a god.

Out of curiosity, what did he play (dm, ctf and normal/instagib) and what was his nick? I used to play UT CTF Instagib back in the day on clanbase.

Description of mouse setting sounds familiar. I played with sens of 7 or 8. I completely suck at CS, cant get used to the low sense.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

surc posted:

the truth is that ur dope and that song is the dopest handsome boys song and the video was also dope

gj

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xsf421 posted:

Echofox got 6 rounds over the three maps they played.

Sounds like they got...outfoxed. :c00lbert:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

yay....pyth is back

:saddowns:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Famethrowa posted:

yay....pyth is back

:saddowns:

:negative:

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I know Maikelelelelelelele isn't the most consistent of chaps but I feel like his morale boost factor to teams is considerably undervalued

he's my good vibes hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NiP really needed a aggressive awper, judging by the current meta, and f0rest just isn't cutting it. Hopefully pyth is back in form, and won't have a slump like Olof and Guardian.

Lelele was the fresh blood they needed :(