Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i literally thought you were next to another strangely proportioned player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
add captchas to pvp, you have to enter one every time you fail to kill a player in a 60 second period. this also trains bad players to pvp correctly.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If this isn't your choice for favorite minion you're just wrong and I feel sorry for you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

add captchas to pvp, you have to enter one every time you fail to kill a player in a 60 second period. this also trains bad players to pvp correctly.

PVP: No healers allowed.

Ciaphas posted:

If this isn't your choice for favorite minion you're just wrong and I feel sorry for you

You have poo poo on your shoulder.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the goofiest pvp matches I've had have been no healer mirrors in feast. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wind-up exdeath is my evil tree son

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Uhh this is clearly the best minion

Come on, son!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

That isn't Fat cat though?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
It was a nice and unexpected touch when (Early SB Spoilers) I did the quest where Zenos attacks Rhalgr's Reach on my White Mage, and in the scene afterwards where Krile's trying to heal Y'shtola, she looked up and said "Don't just stand there gawping! You're a healer, aren't you?". It's cool to see the game taking that into account, when it did feel a bit silly when my dumb rear end just sat there and watched Nanamo/Haurchefant die like I don't have Esuna/Benediction right there.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Sorry guys, but namingway is the best minion. That little book <3

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:eyepop: I just managed the best scoreboard.jpg in a random solo queue frontline

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
595 flames lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Done with 3.4 :toot:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

595 flames lmao

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finished Heavensward. The final fight against King Thordan and his knights was absolutely fantastic.

Now to grind my way through the 3.x stuff. Onwards to Stormblood!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
3.x had some pretty cool patch content if you ask me. Make sure to do the Warring Triad.

I can't believe I almost forgot about the reset. Omega queues have been so bad this week I only got a drop from O2. The only one that no longer drops anything I need.

Creeping Chaos
Nov 15, 2012
Did story Lakshmi earlier:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Got a doma castle earlier that started out oddly. Realized the tank was using a 260 shire weapon despite the rest of their gear being the HQ stuff you get through the story.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want to level a healer and I'm having a really hard time deciding between WHM and AST.

WHM: Probably better actual healing tools, and I like casting more "classic" FF spells like Cure. Holy owns. Aero III. I like canes more than astrolabes.

AST: Shooting things with star magic is cooler than hitting them with rocks. Gravity is cool. Stellar Detonation looks incredible.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

level both

malefic 3 is 30 potency less than stone IV
WHM has two DoTs, one of them is AoE

holy has:
player based casting, much easier to spam
wider AoE
a Four second stun

it's weird looking at the meter and seeing the AST do both less damage and less healing than the WHM, but the parser doesnt attribute bonuses the AST gives to them so that's just how it is

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

WHM gets Assize, the best skill.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

there's a weird bug in the game where they forgot to give AST a second DoT, i'm sure it will be addressed in the next odd numbered patch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cheap Trick posted:

Finished Heavensward. The final fight against King Thordan and his knights was absolutely fantastic.

Now to grind my way through the 3.x stuff. Onwards to Stormblood!

You should check out Thordan Extreme when you get the chance, it's awesome as hell.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Brainamp posted:

Got a doma castle earlier that started out oddly. Realized the tank was using a 260 shire weapon despite the rest of their gear being the HQ stuff you get through the story.

I once did two-thirds of a kugane castle run using a sharpened sphere of the first heir because i forgot to unequip it after doing a lv 50/60 queue run and i glamoured my usual 310 weapon into the same thing.

Healing got way easier after i fixed that...

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Creeping Chaos posted:

Did story Lakshmi earlier:

:chanpop:

Holy poo poo.

Also you want to talk about misery and suffering, I think the current mentality of all new players is that immediately after they have beaten Prae, they must immediately go to the wandering bard and unlock Ultima EX to complete and progress through the story. Neko asked a healer to join DF Ultima EX and this is what I walked into

Darklight, AF+, Cobalt, and AF1 abounded.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I like the Puff of Darkness minion. She's the cutest all-devouring void. :3:

cleavage ho

I'm just looking forward to the Alliance Finder so I can get one on my current character.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It dawns upon me that every 24man raid we've had so far traces back in one way or another to The Void...

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Gearhead posted:

It dawns upon me that every 24man raid we've had so far traces back in one way or another to The Void...

The final boss in the Ivalice raid series will be the mysterious void where Vaan's abs should have been.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gearhead posted:

Well, the chances of Altima being the final boss of the Ivalice raids is fairly high and "yet another high-ranking Void demonlady" would be the explanation.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hello everyone, I just got to Heavensward and I'd like to say gently caress capitalism

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Harrow posted:

I want to level a healer and I'm having a really hard time deciding between WHM and AST.

WHM: Probably better actual healing tools, and I like casting more "classic" FF spells like Cure. Holy owns. Aero III. I like canes more than astrolabes.

AST: Shooting things with star magic is cooler than hitting them with rocks. Gravity is cool. Stellar Detonation looks incredible.

Yeah level both. This is exactly what I'm doing and It Is The Right Way.

Pre/at 50 AST gets to press buttons to make people better, but WHM gets Holy (and you don't get Gravity). And Holy makes a huge loving difference.

But juggling cards is super satisfying.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Why on Hydaelyn would you DF Ultima EX? We live in a world with Wondrous Tails.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

I was bored and had nothing to do.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thundarr posted:

Well, the chances of Altima being the final boss of the Ivalice raids is fairly high and "yet another high-ranking Void demonlady" would be the explanation.

I wouldn't be super shocked if Forgall, Scathach and Ferdiad were standing for Lucavi who would've had tribute names to other FF bosses.

May be a good idea to separate FF12 from FFT for this raid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I desperately hope it's FFTA/12 era Ivalice and not the "everything sucks and we're going to die and magic is dying and every place is an earth tone mud hole" world of Tactics because BOY that...really wouldn't be interesting at all for a place to visit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why isn't what form I'm in on the MNK job gauge? Same for the Twin Snakes self-buff and the Fists of X.

Man they really half-assed these job gauges.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I desperately hope it's FFTA/12 era Ivalice and not the "everything sucks and we're going to die and magic is dying and every place is an earth tone mud hole" world of Tactics because BOY that...really wouldn't be interesting at all for a place to visit.

But enough about Gyr Abania.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why isn't what form I'm in on the MNK job gauge? Same for the Twin Snakes self-buff and the Fists of X.

Man they really half-assed these job gauges.

Yeah some of them could convery more info. Like if you have dualcast up for RDM. Or the time left on your wildfire for MCH.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

One of these has bunnygirls, so we know which one the fans wants.

The other is grimdark medieval politics & war and yoship is a big fan of GoT so...

That said I still like FFT's setting and I would mark out for a Lionel Castle gate-style fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
we're going to get the darkest timeline where they reuse FFXII models for the Ivalice races and have lovely ugly fish people Nu Mou and all the viera are wearing bondage gear instead of cool outfits