Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Standard Measure posted:

OP and her husband should get a loving job

Camming is their job :ssh:

So technically, they do have a loving job. :v:

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
video game design husband needs to put up or shut up. you dont need an amazing computer to run unity and he could be learning basic programming on codeacademy.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Camming is their job :ssh:

So technically, they do have a loving job. :v:

Hahaha this is a good twist.
Neighbor is a nosy nelly but soundproofing is a good idea if you play an instrument or gently caress for a living.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My [M22] mom [56] is dating my great uncle [M72]

quote:

M[22] my mom [F56] Is dating my dads uncle [72] and I am not sure how to feel about it. My parents have been divorced for 14 years and were friends until my dad got remarried. My mom has had trouble finding a consistent part because of what I perceive to be restlessness in calm relationships or with calm people. My Great-Uncle has been visiting my dads house from Holland every year during the summers for the last few years and it has been really great to see him again. But, the last time he came and invited my mom and I to a different party that wasn't at my dads. At this party they flirted a lot and it made me feel pretty uncomfortable. I have no issue with my mom dating but when it comes to family members I just assumed that it wasn't something I had to worry about. A week ago my mom told me that she booked a plane-ticket to Holland and that they "really like each other". I am not a huge fan of this seeing as my mom is dating my great uncle but they don't seam to understand how it is weird .She thinks it is unreasonable that if he comes here for Christmas I might go to my dads while he is here (I live with my mom while I attend university). My mom also thinks it is unreasonable that my dad doesn't want his uncle to stay with him anymore since he is dating his ex-wife, this seams pretty normal to me. My main issue is that I want to be happy for my mom, but, I am uncomfortable because I would be my own first cousin cousin once removed if they got married. Any Advice?

TL;DR

My mom is dating my great uncle and I don't know if i should be happy for her or stick to how its weird and destructive to my already fractured family dynamic.

:yikes:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CheesyDog posted:

Neighbour complained to my mother about my sex. I am 27(f), married and living in my own house. (self.sex)

submitted an hour ago by Karmasutradiaries

Introduce power tools into the bedroom. Or, like, gunfire.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Don't clipshame.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in many ways my sex life is a gritty hard R remake of gerald mcboing-boing

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsMcdEswK8k

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Doesn't seem like such a great uncle to me

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
A girl friend [19F] casually got naked in front of me [19M]. Does she like me?
u/cgigeek1st

quote:

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but bear with me. I've known her since we were little, and we're really close. We talk to each other about relationships, set each other up, all that good stuff. But I have to admit, after 14 (partly because of her growing up, party because i became a teen), I started thinking she was hot. I didn't really think she repepricated, so I never acted on it.

Anyway, earlier today, she texted me because she had a date and needed advice. When I got to her apartment (we go to the same college, but she lives off campus) she was drying herself off with a towel. She saw me but continued to do it, all while just talking to me normally. She asked advice about the date while she finished drying off. She hung the towel and continued talking to me while trying on different bras and dresses. She even asked which one looked best.

Maybe I'm clueless, but there are lots of mixed signals here: on one hand, she's going on a date with another guy, and she didn't act like she was naked in a sexy way. She either didn't notice or ignored my obvious erection and staring- basically, she acted like it was a normal conversation. So is she trying to flirt with me, or is she just extremely comfortable?

tl;dr: One if my closest girl friends was casually naked in front if me. Is she flirting.

:allears:

e: Guys, she ignored his obvious erection.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

burial posted:

A girl friend [19F] casually got naked in front of me [19M]. Does she like me?
u/cgigeek1st

:allears:

e: Guys, she ignored his obvious erection.

I've had a relationship start when someone sent me a picture of what she was wearing to a date and I told her she looked delicious in it. On the other hand, sometimes even women might just want relationship and fashion advice from a man friend. As for the erection, it might not have been obvious to her. :shrug:

Point is: he should tell her how he feels and go from there.

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.
My boyfriend [25] broke up with me [24] because of a trip I'm going on

quote:

Our relationship always seemed great up until now. Loving, no trust issues or anything like that. Together almost 2 years now and never have I done anything that will make him question my faithfulness.

Me and my 3 best friends are planning a trip to corfu for 2 weeks. When I told my boyfriend he wasn't happy in the slightest infact he became suddenly shifty.

He started saying stuff like 'I know what happens on these kinds of holidays' 'Girlfriends always end up loving someone else when they do things like this'. I tried to reassure him that nothing like that was going to happen but I think that made his worry worse. He seemed like he was starting to have a bit of a panic attack and he said to me that he cant cope with the worrying about it and he wants to just end it so he doesnt have to put himself through it. On one hand I can see where he's coming from but on the other I can't believe he'd think that of me

I even offered to not go if it was causing him distress but he said it wouldnt change anything. The more I tried to comfort him the worse he seemed to get. Eventually he told me that if I love him I would stop trying and just leave. He told me to go on my holiday and that it was over and that he was sorry.

I don't even care about the holiday anymore I just want my boyfriend back. I love him and I want to show him that I'm here for him. I was and still am willing to make the compromise of not going if it worries him so much, I don't want him to feel like poo poo.

Tldr. Boyfriend broke up with me because he was worried about a trip I had planned. Well now I'm probably not going to go now and I want him to see that I'm making a conscious choice to put him first in this instance and that I want to work on things. No idea what to do.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I've had a relationship start when someone sent me a picture of what she was wearing to a date and I told her she looked delicious in it. On the other hand, sometimes even women might just want relationship and fashion advice from a man friend. As for the erection, it might not have been obvious to her. :shrug:

Point is: he should tell her how he feels and go from there.

Yeah, and I’m maybe just old at heart, but changing in front of a dude and getting fashion advice in real time really seems pretty much like it’s gotta be either “I don’t see you as a sexual being at all” or, well. I don’t even know.

It’d be different if she was just showing him the results in between changing. Sort of.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The next step is to try on clothes in front of her and see if she gets an obvious erection.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
she is either way into you or thinks you're gay and either way i would just lean into & see what happens life is the journey

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CheesyDog posted:

Neighbour complained to my mother about my sex. I am 27(f), married and living in my own house. (self.sex)

submitted an hour ago by Karmasutradiaries

She may not realize that young children need to nap 1-2 times a day (depending on age), and little babies are basically sleeping at random, so it's very possible that having sex in the middle of the day actually does sometimes wake up the kids next door

Her neighbor is a passive aggressive piece of poo poo child but probably isn't just making things up, and at the same time the OP is an idiot who hasn't thought of just moving to a different room jesus christ lady this isn't that hard just don't have sex in the room that's right next to the neighbors, this is someone who loves loving but only in a specific bedroom?? It's almost as though she wants to be heard

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

moosetoucher posted:

lol this is so sad and pathetic

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My boyfriend [29M] intentionally tries to make me [26F] upset for his own amusement.

quote:

We've been together just over four years now. About two years ago he started to act differently. He likes saying horrible things to me such as racist/homophobic comments. He'll belittle me or say "sorry I wasn't listening" whenever I try to talk to him about something serious. He'll often grab me inappropriately after I ask him not to. He also likes making scenes in public and act like a toddler.

He only does these things once or twice a day, and otherwise is perfectly sweet. Yesterday he's admitted that he likes to go out of his way to do things that annoy me because he thinks it is cute when I am mad or crying. I tried telling him that that isn't okay, but he thinks that because he likes it/finds it funny, it isn't a big deal. How do I help him understand how these things aren't okay?

TL;DR: Boyfriend regularly likes to act like a jerk (but only sometimes) because he likes making me upset.

Top comment:

quote:

Leaving him would send the message pretty clearly.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Holy gently caress, don't look at the comments for this one. Not because people are making bad ones, they're not really, but because the OP's comments are depressing as hell. She's just going straight through the beaten-into-the-dirt abused girlfriend checklist.

And now it's been deleted by moderators, what the gently caress, /r/relationships?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 16, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

moosetoucher posted:

tbh I prolly wouldn't want to date someone that wanted to go drunk clubbing in in corfu without me either. Like the phrasing is bad but that's deffo a difference in relationship expectations too.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

tbh I prolly wouldn't want to date someone that wanted to go drunk clubbing in in corfu without me either. Like the phrasing is bad but that's deffo a difference in relationship expectations too.

okay but if she said "I'm sorry, I won't go then" would that be the end of it or would you further shrink into a tiny weeping ball of misery?

he could at least be Pete about it and be like "I'm surprised you didn't even invite me, clearly we have different expectations. Good luck in your future relationships *fucks off to save an orphanage or something*" instead of acting like a weepy sack of poo poo

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Maybe I'm thinking of this all wrong, maybe the guy just realized that he doesn't deserve her and the sudden onset of crippling anxiety over the impending jealousy made him realize that, and "please just break up with me" is code for "I'm too pathetic to even tell you that I'm too pathetic to be your partner". That's a kind of strength and I wish him the best of luck in finding a nice amish girlfriend

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I mean that's kind of the OP's phrasing, sounds like the dude just had her spring the trip on him (she doesn't mention any discussion about it before hand) and noped right on out. Didn't give her an ultimatum, just said things were over and she should go enjoy her singles trip with her friends.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

She may not realize that young children need to nap 1-2 times a day (depending on age), and little babies are basically sleeping at random, so it's very possible that having sex in the middle of the day actually does sometimes wake up the kids next door

Her neighbor is a passive aggressive piece of poo poo child but probably isn't just making things up, and at the same time the OP is an idiot who hasn't thought of just moving to a different room jesus christ lady this isn't that hard just don't have sex in the room that's right next to the neighbors, this is someone who loves loving but only in a specific bedroom?? It's almost as though she wants to be heard

she posted in the comments that all the kids were teenagers or older

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

moosetoucher posted:

He's cheating and this gave him a convenient out.

ArbitraryC posted:

So is your partner not allowed to go out with friends without you anywhere else as well, or...? You either trust the person you're with or you don't, the location they're going out drinking with friends doesn't change anything.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

13Pandora13 posted:

So is your partner not allowed to go out with you anywhere else as well, or...? You either trust the person you're with or you don't, the location they're going out drinking with friends doesn't change anything.
gf goes on long trips all the time for conferences or to visit family or such, don't got an issue with it and I'm generally invited too. Just think this sorta thing should be discussed beforehand and it's kinda weird to be going on what is essentially a singles trip to an exotic location with friends instead of going with your longterm SO and enjoying some romantic memories.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I recall we had a genderswapped version of that post with a gf being uncomfortable with her bf springing a surprise trip she wasn't invited to with his old schoolfriends to Thailand and it was a p common consensus that it was weird.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

okay but if she said "I'm sorry, I won't go then" would that be the end of it or would you further shrink into a tiny weeping ball of misery?

he could at least be Pete about it and be like "I'm surprised you didn't even invite me, clearly we have different expectations. Good luck in your future relationships *fucks off to save an orphanage or something*" instead of acting like a weepy sack of poo poo

It's definitely a huge weiner thing to freak out this bad over but it sounds like somebody firmly convinced this dude that girls-only road trips exist only for the purposes of cheating, and nobody itt would say boo if the guy has this exact reaction to her proposing to open the relationship

The more interesting line of speculation is what exact kind of movies/anime/whatever taught him all about trips to corfu

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

gf goes on long trips all the time for conferences or to visit family or such, don't got an issue with it and I'm generally invited too. Just think this sorta thing should be discussed beforehand and it's kinda weird to be going on what is essentially a singles trip to an exotic location with friends instead of going with your longterm SO and enjoying some romantic memories.

This sounds exhausting. Work trips and visiting family are not vacations.

"Romantic memories" are not the only relationships and life experiences worth having.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Could we maybe label posts that are just straight up depressing like the abuse ones so that people can skip them if they don't want to read that sort of thing? Unless I'm the only one who really cares of course.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I recall we had a genderswapped version of that post with a gf being uncomfortable with her bf springing a surprise trip she wasn't invited to with his old schoolfriends to Thailand and it was a p common consensus that it was weird.

The Thailand trip story was explicitly a mixed gender group where a bunch of the people going were each others' exes. "3 best friends" sounds like a girls' trip, although arguably the fact she doesn't specify any details about the friends may indicate that they are dudes and she knows exactly why the trip looks bad.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Araenna posted:

Could we maybe label posts that are just straight up depressing like the abuse ones so that people can skip them if they don't want to read that sort of thing? Unless I'm the only one who really cares of course.

I mean was the literal title not label enough? I just scrolled past it because it looked depressing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

13Pandora13 posted:

This sounds exhausting. Work trips and visiting family are not vacations.

"Romantic memories" are not the only relationships and life experiences worth having.

Kinda moving the goalposts there bub. You originally asked me if it was simply a trust issue, plenty of people cheat on worktrips or while visiting their family in hometowns. My response was that I trusted my partner well enough that stuff like that wasn't even remotely a concern, just that the context of this trip felt off to me. I don't personally consider it exhausting or a burden to vacation with my SO so I guess I just can't relate to your experience. That's why I said it likely was just a matter of expectations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Straight White Shark posted:

The Thailand trip story was explicitly a mixed gender group where a bunch of the people going were each others' exes. "3 best friends" sounds like a girls' trip, although arguably the fact she doesn't specify any details about the friends may indicate that they are dudes and she knows exactly why the trip looks bad.

There was that one but I remember another that was just a boys vacation and it still landed badly.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

He starts of accusatory but switches to sounding just really defeated and pathetic. Maybe mid-reaction the guy saw how possessive he was being and realised he couldn't handle the relationship anymore because he was overwhelmed with paranoia and insecurity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Or maybe we have an unreliable narrator :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

Or maybe we have an unreliable narrator :shrug:

On reddit?! No way!

My [M22] gf [F22] of four weeks cheated on me with another guy in our small grad program. I have assigned seats next to her in two classes.

quote:

Thanks to any and all givers of advice, I just found out yesterday and I'm kind of reeling. I know four weeks isn't a long time, and I see that this is better than finding out she's a cheater down the road but I'm still pretty devastated. I'm on an executive board with this dude, and I'm not so much mad at him but as I said I sit next to her in two classes, assigned seating. What should I do? Should I hold my head high and pretend I don't care? Should I ask to change seats and then answer EVERYONE'S questions about why I changed seats?

tl;dr : Cheated on in a fairly new relationship, but I'm in a precarious situation where everyone knows eachother and I have to be around these people constantly.

The lesson here, folks, is never date people in your department.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

On reddit?! No way!

My [M22] gf [F22] of four weeks cheated on me with another guy in our small grad program. I have assigned seats next to her in two classes.

The lesson here, folks, is never date people in your department.

Why not just nut up stay where you are and ignore her?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Kinda moving the goalposts there bub. You originally asked me if it was simply a trust issue, plenty of people cheat on worktrips or while visiting their family in hometowns. My response was that I trusted my partner well enough that stuff like that wasn't even remotely a concern, just that the context of this trip felt off to me. I don't personally consider it exhausting or a burden to vacation with my SO so I guess I just can't relate to your experience. That's why I said it likely was just a matter of expectations.

How is it "moving the goalposts" when you brought up that you find it acceptable for your partner to go on work/family trips without you, but not friend trips, as if those things are remotely comparable? You only trust your partner to travel when she's under the guardianship of her employer or family?

Your partner deserves to have life experiences without you and vice versa - a trip with friends and a trip with a partner fundamentally carries different expectations, experiences, etc. that have nothing to do with getting some strange, especially for women. If you and your partner have 100% overlapping interests in food, activities, ideal vacation spot, I guess that's great for you, but I think the vast majority of people have things in their life their partner doesn't give a poo poo about or doesnt't like, and being in a relationship doesn't necessitate giving those things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Why especially for women? (Not being a prick, it’s just actually unclear what you mean.)