Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33800

quote:

Wanted to update you all on some changes we’re making to the Anniversary in response to your feedback.

Anniversary Tokens
Our aim with the Anniversary packs this year was similar to last year: a pack that we could give out lots and lots of tokens for. We increased the availability of Anniversary tokens relative to last year and kept them roughly comparable (higher odds of Iso-8 and Hero Points rewards, lower odds of Devil Dinosaur since many players already have all the covers they need of him), but that led to an unsatisfying experience for a couple of reasons:

Other packs in the game have gotten much better since last year, and the Anniversary packs are unsatisfying relative to them.
It seems like most players would rather have fewer, more valuable tokens than more, less valuable ones.

So in response to your feedback, we’re making these packs much more valuable:
The odds of Devil Dino in the 1x pack are getting doubled, and they’re getting increased in the 10x and 40x packs by about 10%.
The odds of 3-stars are increasing by about 50%, to be about 20% better than a Heroic pack.
The odds of 4-stars are increasing by 140%, to be about 20% better than a Heroic pack.
The odds of the Iso-8 and Hero Points rewards are unchanged.
That change will be going live in today’s patch.

To reward the folks that already purchased Anniversary packs, we’ll be giving out the following tomorrow:
Everyone that played during the Anniversary through today will get two additional Anniversary tokens.
Anyone who bought an Anniversary 10-pack before this change takes effect will get an additional three Anniversary tokens for every 10-pack they bought. This also includes the 10 pack from progression rewards.
Anyone who bought an Anniversary 40-pack before this change takes effect will get an additional Anniversary 10-pack for every 40-pack they bought.

Galactus
Slightly more alliances than we expected (111) made it to round 7 of Galactus, and 49 alliances met the final score target in round 8. But we got lots of feedback about the experience of getting there that we want to act on, so we’ll be significantly re-tuning the event for its second run this weekend.

In particular:
We’ll be working to make sure that even in later rounds, there are multiple interesting strategies to tackle Galactus.
We’ll be aiming to make each individual fight against Galactus feel meatier and more satisfying, lasting longer than a short, predictable number of rounds for more players.

We’ve got fixes for some bugs and miscellaneous balance issues as well.

Introducing new and different gameplay always involves balance risks, so your feedback is especially valuable when we introduce something like Galactus, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think of the changes.

A few players that completed round 8 hadn't received their third Cyclops (Classic) cover yet. Those covers have gone out now, so you should have them waiting for you.

Versus
There was a bug with Black Vortex where in some cases, an opponent would remain on a pin after the mission was complete. We’re still investigating the cause of this. We haven’t seen the issue with the Class of 2015 event - please let us know if you run into it in that event or any others.

Server Issues
We had two episodes where some players couldn’t reach the game servers at the start of the Galactus event.

We’ll be sending out 100 Hero Points and 2000 Iso-8 to everyone who played on 10/8 or 10/9. Those Hero Points and Iso-8 will go out today.

To conclude, we’ve been reviewing all of the Anniversary feedback throughout the forums, and we’ve taken it into account. If you've got new questions and comments, feel free to bring them up here.

We're committed to making this the best Anniversary yet. Thanks for sticking with us and offering extremely valuable feedback along the way.

As a more (kinda) off topic thing, sorry about the relative radio silence from me for the past couple days. NYCC was pretty crazy this year, really cut down on my ability to pop on here. I'll be back to relative posting normalcy tomorrow. Pardon the grammar mistakes in this post, trying to get it up using a chiclet with in-flight wi-fi. Yay for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Devs put up a post on the forums here: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33800

To sum it up if you don't feel like reading:

Anniversary tokens are being tweaked to be better than heroics wrt 3/4 star drop rates and devil dino rates will much higher. Extra tokens will be given out if you've already used some, more if you've bought or otherwise used anniversary 10/40 packs.
Galactus round 2 for Rulk will be "significantly" re-tuned to be "meatier" and "more satisfying." Reading between the lines, no mention is made on whether he'll actually be easier.
Devs were at NYCC so they couldn't comment on the boards (blatant bullshit).
100 hp/2k iso compensation for the server outage at the beginning of Galactus.

efb

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Galactus
Slightly more alliances than we expected (111) made it to round 7 of Galactus, and 49 alliances met the final score target in round 8. But we got lots of feedback about the experience of getting there that we want to act on, so we’ll be significantly re-tuning the event for its second run this weekend.
2200 people making it far enough to get 1 Cyclops token was more than they expected? I wonder how much cheesing/cheating/whaling went on in those 49 alliances that beat round 8.

Also, Nice job retro-actively changing the odds on the Anniversary tokens, that certainly isn't going to piss off an already irate user base.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Puweyxil posted:

Also, Nice job retro-actively changing the odds on the Anniversary tokens, that certainly isn't going to piss off an already irate user base.

...Would you rather they leave them as the shitpiles they were? I mean, yeah this has been lovely but this seems like the weirdest thing to get pissed at.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the only good thing that has ever come from a mega event (anniversay or ultron or this) is the free ISO/HP/tokens that they inevitably hand out as a flaccid mea-culpa. seriously, their anniversay event next year should just be like:

DAY 1: log in to get 2500 ISO
DAY 2: log in to get 150 HP
DAY 3: log in to get a free anniversay token
DAY 4: etc. etc.

it'd probably go a lot further towards enticing people into sticking around, and also give them a reason to try and get their friends to play too. imagine taking a new person and trying to sell them on this game while the galactus bullshit was/is happening :getin:

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

AnonSpore posted:

...Would you rather they leave them as the shitpiles they were? I mean, yeah this has been lovely but this seems like the weirdest thing to get pissed at.
No, it just seems like the laziest way to fix the issue. People are terrible and will always be upset if they feel someone gained an advantage over them (in this case, people that banked their tokens versus those that spent them.). I'm not upset, I had plenty of banked tokens, it's just another poor decision on their part.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I don't want red hulk. I want more cyclops.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Ignite Memories posted:

I don't want red hulk. I want more cyclops.

nobody wants red hulk, or five wolverines, or two deadpools, or etc.

but gently caress you if you think they're going to actually explore the rich and varied cast of characters in the entirety of the marvel pantheon when they can just copy/paste another palette and swap some powers around

someone cool like nightcrawler or dr. strange or red skull? nope, but the first 6* is guaranteed to be Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently one of the next characters will be X-23.

http://www.newsarama.com/26226-nycc-2015-marvel-s-house-of-ideas-panel.html

quote:

Old Man Logan and X-23 as All-New Wolverine will be coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

That's makes her the 5th Wolverine. Wonder if she'll be a 1* (since we already have Wolverines for the other *s) or if she'll be a separate character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 13, 2015

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

homeless poster posted:

someone cool like nightcrawler or dr. strange or red skull? nope, but the first 6* is guaranteed to be Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)

We'll see Dr. Strange by next summer, guaranteed, and probably two versions by the time the movie rolls out. Gotta get that tie-in cash from the whales.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I do love how whenever a raise the odds post comes it's all in percentages.

quote:

This year
Original / Just Boosted
Devil 3.0 / 6.3
10k ISO 0.2 / 0.2
2,900 HP 0.2 / 0.2
3.5k ISO 0.6 / 0.6
600 HP 0.6 / 0.6
All 4s 0.1 (~1.6% total) / 0.3
All 3s 0.5 (~20% total) / 0.7
All 2s 5.7 (~74.1% total) / 4.5

Here is last year
Devil 9.9
20k ISO 0.2
2900 HP 0.2
7k ISO 0.5
600 HP 0.5
All 4s 1.8 (~3.6% total)
All 3s 1.1 (~23.1% total)
All 2s 10.6 (~63.6% total)

Not odds changes that can really be felt without huge amounts but it seems to make people happy. I still think it seems pretty lovely. No one would pass out of exhaustion from a significantly lower 2 star rate, especially due to the lack of 3 star + token and there being 40 of them.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 13, 2015

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I just love how the loving dingus also says 'well most players have devil dino'

sure. most have the once a year devil dino. think it has anything to do with the daily progression awards or nah?

And that warranted more 2 stars?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Ah yes most of us have a 1/1/1 or similar devil dino but with literally no other way to get covers for him (besides paying hp for them, which lol) didn't they think perhaps they ought to make the odds of getting him from these tokens really, really good? I mean I flushed 12 down the toilet before today's sudden announcement, but I'm not sure 6% odds are really any better than 3%. Why the gently caress wasn't it just a nice vault in the first place?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I want 3 star Jubilee and 4 star vampire Jubilee and Blink and Shadowcat and that's just X-Men

I also need me some Green Goblin and Morbius the Living Vampire (90's cartoon version who only drinks plasma with his creepy rear end sucker hands) and the entire cast of Nextwave and Mysterio and Adam Warlock and Howard the Duck and M.O.D.O.K. and aaaaaaaah

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

AnonSpore posted:

I want 3 star Jubilee and 4 star vampire Jubilee and Blink and Shadowcat and that's just X-Men

I also need me some Green Goblin and Morbius the Living Vampire (90's cartoon version who only drinks plasma with his creepy rear end sucker hands) and the entire cast of Nextwave and Mysterio and Adam Warlock and Howard the Duck and M.O.D.O.K. and aaaaaaaah

too loving bad. d3 knows what you want better than you do, so you're going to be getting Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) along with Wolverine (Girl) and Wolverine (Original Costume w/ Kitty Whiskers) and Wolverine (Shirtless) and Wolverine (Astronaut Helmet) and Wolverine (Arctic Attack) and Wolverine (Scuba Diving Action) and Wolverine (Wolverine)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't forget Iron Man (Robert Downey Junior)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm still holding out for Iron Man (Tim Gunn)

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Ugh I decided to start again, played to the point where you can connect to Facebook, connected to Facebook, and it didn't load my old save file.

I actually loving spent money on this game, this is a downer. I sent in a support ticket and hope they'll get back to me. :(

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Ignite Memories posted:

I'm still holding out for Iron Man (Tim Gunn)

i'd just be thrilled if they'd revamp some of the older 3* characters who are nearly unplayable due to the inevitable power creep in this kind of game. there's a lot of trap options where someone who is new and gets a few covers might be stuck leveling psylocke or the hulk or beast, while another person gets Steve Rogers (How Am I Not 4*)

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Ugh I decided to start again, played to the point where you can connect to Facebook, connected to Facebook, and it didn't load my old save file.

I actually loving spent money on this game, this is a downer. I sent in a support ticket and hope they'll get back to me. :(

Are you sure you didn't use a fake Facebook for the gifting?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
They really need an option for a flat fee iap for roster slots, no way I'm paying $5 to try to fit a one cover guy. If I could get a roster slot for like a dollar I'm sure I'd have actually spent money on this game, and my slots only cost 450hp I know some of yours cost more.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

My 71st slot was 900. Not sure when they go to 950 and 1000.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
"No."

WetSpink posted:

Are you sure you didn't use a fake Facebook for the gifting?
Nope, definitely the same Facebook account, it even loaded up the same name, but i just have 4 units from the tutorial now. :negative:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

got a single black cover for 3* bullseye from an anniversay token (hey at least it's not more 2* garbage) and my current roster is full and i've never recruited him before. is 3* bullseye worth buying / making roster space for? i know i can agonizingly grind him up from the deadpool dalies, but a cursory look at his skills don't make him seem like an overwhelming contender. i guess his green looks good for board shakeup, and his pink looks alright for removing enemy tiles, but his black seems near useless. is he worth keeping around or should i cash him out for 500 ISO?

edit: i've already got a 166 blade and mystique, and my dr. doom and loki are 1 or 2 covers from max level. i'm not super excited about another P/Bl/G color spread on a 3*

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 13, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
He is very unremarkable.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

homeless poster posted:

got a single black cover for 3* bullseye from an anniversay token (hey at least it's not more 2* garbage) and my current roster is full and i've never recruited him before. is 3* bullseye worth buying / making roster space for? i know i can agonizingly grind him up from the deadpool dalies, but a cursory look at his skills don't make him seem like an overwhelming contender. i guess his green looks good for board shakeup, and his pink looks alright for removing enemy tiles, but his black seems near useless. is he worth keeping around or should i cash him out for 500 ISO?

I don't have him fully covered or levelled at all, so take this with a grain of salt. There are better 3* options out there. If I recall, they now give you two weeks before covers waiting for spots expire. You can always leave him in your stack and try and save up for a roster spot for him. If you get close to his expiration and don't have the HP for a slot, dump him then.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

homeless poster posted:

got a single black cover for 3* bullseye from an anniversay token (hey at least it's not more 2* garbage) and my current roster is full and i've never recruited him before. is 3* bullseye worth buying / making roster space for?

He's not great, but he can be pretty fun. I like to bring him to the Big Enchilada, because after taking down ~5 enemies he'll have the entire board covered in strike tiles.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
My two free Anniversary tokens got me a Devil Dinosaur and Professor X so I'm pretty happy about that.

Also.

skipdogg posted:

My 71st slot was 900. Not sure when they go to 950 and 1000.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Hero%20Points

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 13, 2015

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

intangible posted:

I don't have him fully covered or levelled at all, so take this with a grain of salt. There are better 3* options out there. If I recall, they now give you two weeks before covers waiting for spots expire. You can always leave him in your stack and try and save up for a roster spot for him. If you get close to his expiration and don't have the HP for a slot, dump him then.

yeah i could sit on him for two weeks but i feel like unless i get a very unlikely string of exclusively 3* and 4* covers in my next week's worth of tokens, it's not worth the effort / expense to make more roster room for him.

my biggest reason for wanting to pass on him is the P/BL/G typing. holy poo poo does this game not need every villain to cover the same loving color spread

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Friendly Fire posted:

My two free Anniversary tokens got me a Devil Dinosaur and Professor X so I'm pretty happy about that.

Also.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Hero%20Points

Looks like I've got got one 950 slot purchase left until I'm in 1k territory :ohdear:

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
4 points away from the 25-50 rank prize on class of 2015 when it ended :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A lackluster 10-pull from the Anniversary PvP, but that has more to do with the fact that most of my 3*s are max skilled. Got Devil Dino, Blade Black, Doom Purple, and Cap Blue, but the 3 3*s were already maxed.

On the other hand, I might be able to go for the 4k Legendary Token if we get another event after this. People were hitting like 2.4k or whatever in the second PvP, so if I can manage to hit over 1k on the Women of Marvel PvP and the one that comes after, then getting a Legendary is possible. Especially since Women of Marvel buffs up both SW and Grey Widow.

Seriously, the Anniversary has been fantastic for the SW, Grey Widow, and PF team.

SW has been buffed in 2 PvPs.
Prof X has been buffed in 1 PvP.
GW has been buffed in 1 PvP and the Galactus PvE event.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A lackluster 10-pull from the Anniversary PvP, but that has more to do with the fact that most of my 3*s are max skilled. Got Devil Dino, Blade Black, Doom Purple, and Cap Blue, but the 3 3*s were already maxed.

On the other hand, I might be able to go for the 4k Legendary Token if we get another event after this. People were hitting like 2.4k or whatever in the second PvP, so if I can manage to hit over 1k on the Women of Marvel PvP and the one that comes after, then getting a Legendary is possible. Especially since Women of Marvel buffs up both SW and Grey Widow.

Seriously, the Anniversary has been fantastic for the SW, Grey Widow, and PF team.

SW has been buffed in 2 PvPs.
Prof X has been buffed in 1 PvP.
GW has been buffed in 1 PvP and the Galactus PvE event.

My GSBW is optimal my SW is 5/4/4 but my ProfX has 0 blue :( I slapped Cyclops in there just for some other color coverage and he did pretty well for me. Lotta cascades.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bacon flaps posted:

My GSBW is optimal my SW is 5/4/4 but my ProfX has 0 blue :( I slapped Cyclops in there just for some other color coverage and he did pretty well for me. Lotta cascades.

I got my first Prof X Blue from the 2k PvP Shield thing, 1 from a Token a few events back (back when you could reset the set list to get the cards you wanted to appear), and 3 from HP (2 of those were without spending any actual money, and I spent $25 or whatever during the sale).

There's a massive difference between 3 and 5. Since BW's Purple will generally get you 2 Green 5-matches, that's 8 Purple AP (compared to 4 Purple AP off Prof X Blue 3) off that alone. SW's Green can be used to get the remaining 3 AP if you haven't already gotten them off cascades / row destructions / column destructions, especially since it gives 1 AP for the chosen tile and 2 AP for the splash tile destruction, if I recall correctly.

Literally no effort. Only thing that can stop you is not being able to use one of the characters (and SW isn't absolutely vital, in my opinion, she just helps a lot) or going up against Phoenix (a stun might help but Team-Ups are limited so you might want to switch SW out for Spidey or something).

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

"No."

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Update: they got back to me and now I have all my poo poo back. Sweet!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Devil Dinosaur vs. Squirrel Girl in the 4-star DPD. Devil Dinosaur is Real Bad.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I sent an app into Bounce House as Annexed.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Red Hulk looks nasty. His anger-like ability isn't quite as cool as 3* Hulks, but his other two abilities are intense, especially his purple. He also sports an unusual color profile.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Galactus round 2 is much more gentle than the first go, at least so far. He starts off with 3 turn cd tiles, and the AP they generate seems to be decreased as well. Also, event tokens in the subnodes, and that goddamn crit boost in the main node has been replaced with an all ap boost. Seems pretty solid for now but it remains to be seen whether that'll hold up for rounds 6 onward.

fishtobaskets posted:

Red Hulk looks nasty. His anger-like ability isn't quite as cool as 3* Hulks, but his other two abilities are intense, especially his purple. He also sports an unusual color profile.

His art is also really good. They really get across the "I wanna beat the poo poo out of mans" look across.

e: Dev summary of the new event https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33992&sid=069ba35c0f9f320d2821391c5e28628e

At round 8 Galactus will make 2 2-turn CD tiles a turn which each resolve for 1 AP each, which means wipe occurs on turn 16 or so assuming you fail to match any tiles at all and also that he doesn't get black cascades. To make up for this Galactus does more damage with CD tile resolution, but that's still much much better than "oh hey it's turn 3 time to die lol"

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Much, much gentler.

quote:

Here are the overall changes that we made for Galactus on run 2. Please use this thread for comments.

Ability changes
- Galactus will now place fewer Countdown tiles in later rounds, with those tiles also lasting longer. At maximum, he'll be placing 2 tiles that last for 2 turns instead of up to 4 tiles with 1 turn.
- Countdown tiles placed by Galactus now deal ~50% more damage each when they go off. So while there are less of them, you'll want to focus more on them in later rounds.
- Cosmic tiles created by Countdown tiles going off have been reduced slightly in later rounds to a maximum of 4.
- AP gained per Cosmic tile destroyed by Galactus has been greatly reduced. Now he gains a static 1 AP per tile, meaning he needs a full 28 (minus cascade gathered AP) to use his Wrath.
Mission changes
- Eliminated the steady rise in scaling that occurred in earlier rounds.
- Galactus Minion nodes now have an Anniversary token in place of their old Standard token drop
- Galactus Boss nodes now have a +All AP Boost in place of the Crit Multiplier Boost
- Personal progression reward tiers have been reduced starting at Tier 3 by around ~14%-24%. That Legendary Token should be *far* more achievable now, especially with the difficulty changes above.
Overall, this is going to make the Galactus rounds more based on damage taken from Cosmic tiles for players with rosters that don't have quite as much health, but leave Cosmic Wrath to be a real threat in later rounds. That being said, even if a player completely fails to take down any Cosmic tiles on the first run in a later round, it's not an instant Cosmic Wrath as it was before. In test, this allowed for *greatly* increased roster variability in earlier rounds and a still very wide roster choice in later rounds. Some strategies that worked before will remain the same (sap Galactus's AP, massive board shake, etc), others aren't so board luck based.