Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Skratte posted:

why doesn't she just slather her drat head in mayonnaise or did tv lie to me?

Oh no!

the update:

Phew! Good brother.

That's a very good brother and an extremely bad and gross dad. Lucky for the both of them he hosed off for as long as he did, and hopefully he goes back to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

please stop quoting those gifs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Meridian posted:

Pick whyyyyy

:q:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Meridian posted:

Pick whyyyyy

She's probably gonna individually stuff and mount those.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick gently caress you I was eating lunch :mad:

Earwicker posted:

I got the impression the brother is already her legal guardian. however if the dad shows up again a restraining order would be a good idea.

Yeah, me too. Her bro is cool.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Pearnicious posted:

Which is awesome. Her brother is a total badass.

Dude became the parent of a 7 year old at age 19 and looks like both of them have become good people, he's a hero on that alone.

E: for math. Makes him a double hero

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 5, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Pick gently caress you I was eating lunch :mad:

oral myiasis

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
19 actually. I hope his mom had some money to leave him.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

oral myiasis

Thanks more ammo for my "flies are inferior insects" argument

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Thanks more ammo for my "flies are inferior insects" argument

why choose between flies and lice when you have hippoboscids?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

bone app the teeth posted:

please stop quoting those gifs

I've had images turned off when I'm on data ever since some idiot posted a 100mb gif of George R R Martin bouncing on a trampoline :smug:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

why choose between flies and lice when you have hippoboscids?

I'm more of a nycteribiid fella myself

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

I've had images turned off when I'm on data ever since some idiot posted a 100mb gif of George R R Martin bouncing on a trampoline :smug:

that sounds like a much better gif tbh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

I'm more of a nycteribiid fella myself

let's just agree between the two, they're the best calypterate flies

i'd say the best brachycerans, but syrphids are so cute, i just love those lil wannabes :3:

(get it? wanna-bees? :haw: )

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i need to stop googling words i don't recognize.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

let's just agree between the two, they're the best calypterate flies

In that they are actually interesting, sure

Pick posted:

i'd say the best brachycerans, but syrphids are so cute, i just love those lil wannabes :3:

(get it? wanna-bees? :haw: )

please do not forget the humble bombyliid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
they're pretty cute but there's something about a syrphid that feels like the more charming over-earnest dollar store knockoff of a bee

oh well, tipulids are still my favorite flies, they're so dopey. i always release them outside. muscids can get hosed.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is the worst derail yet and it's only barely started.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

who the gently caress has "favorite" flies

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WampaLord posted:

Bugs are perfect and good.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
omg lice wife :cry:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
PYF Muscomorphids

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Bugs are perfect and good.

Okay, but...

MinibarMatchman posted:

who the gently caress has "favorite" flies

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WampaLord posted:

bugs are cool & good tho

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

WampaLord posted:

:ironicat:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
My [420M] thread [3Mo nonbinary] keeps derailing on me, promised this time would be different, it just did it again and in the most disgusting way

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

This was the wrong gif to load on my lunch break.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'm really partial to sea bugs, mostly because they're delicious.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WampaLord posted:

Okay, but...

There are a lot of flies out there. Like, tonnes of flies.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Here's a sad one

quote:

My sister (25F) wants my brother (30M) to beat up her ex (30M). I (19F) feel caught in the middle.

My sister used to date an abusive rear end in a top hat and apparently he had slapped her in the face and pushed her a lot during fights for over a year. They had one last fight (physical) a month ago around Christmas and she said had marks on her neck and arms from it. That was when she dumped him. I do remember seeing a huge yellow bruise on her arm at that time but she had lied about it and I didn't think any of it at the time.

We didn't know about any of this until recently (although my brother always disliked the guy) because she lives in a different city and we don't see each other face to face very often. And the only reason we even learned of it was because she and my brother had some mutual friend who told him about it. My sister wasn't the one who told him.

But now that he knows, my sister has been attacking our brother in weird ways- well I think it's weird. She keeps insisting that he go and punch his lights out, beat him up, jump him, etc. And when he says he's not doing that, she accuses him of being a horrible older brother, a coward, and having no backbone. She keeps asking him, "doesn't this whole thing piss you off? Don't you care about me at all?" and he's like , of course I do! But he's still not going to do that.

He and I have both asked her to file a report or something like that but she REFUSES to do that. I think the reason she wants him to physically attack him is because our brother (when he was much younger) was kind of a juvenile delinquent at one point, like age 15 or something, and she might be remembering that. But he's not like that anymore at ALL.

Then the other night she brought it up again, I finally spoke up and told her that it's stupid for our brother to do what she wants (go randomly stalk this guy and beat him up) and she has to stop thinking about that, and she turned on me really cruelly and was like, maybe someday some idiot will beat on you and maybe then you'll change your tune. So then of course our brother got pissed off and told her she's being hysterical and to leave and she started crying and finally left the house.

I tried again to talk to her to calm down and she basically said that if I am on his side, then I am just as cold and heartless as he is, and she doesn't want any of us in her life. I feel really bad. I feel like she is really alone in this. But I don't know how to help her, especially since she said filing a report is 100% out of the question and she won't be doing it so don't even bring it up. I also brought up therapy and she got even more pissed off, saying she's over it and doesn't need therapy.

At this point, what can I do to help? My brother is NOT cold and heartless. In fact, I know he's angry about the situation. But he's not going to beat up this guy! I don't think it's right. Should I just butt out, like she said? I don't want her to think we abandoned her. I'm pretty upset that she actually said she wants us out of her life. Any advice?

Tldr : sister was abused by her ex boyfriend and wants our older brother to physically attack him for her, basically. Our brother refuses and my sister is resentful and angry about that, calling us cold and heartless. But I know she is really upset about all this. What can I do to help? I don't want her to feel alone against this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Gaunab posted:

Here's a sad one
She's over it but she wants her brother to commit some good ol' A&B because of it. Makes sense.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Long, but stick with it till the end

I [26M] suffer from Aspergers and thought I was asexual, Ive met someone [23F] that makes me question everything

quote:

I'm not actually sure where to begin. I have a mild form of aspergers and Ive always struggled with interacting with others. I find it hard to understand or relate to people's emotions and because of that I was often casted out. I still have few friends and Im more than happy to keep things as they are as I don't really like change anyway. Now I kind of always thought I was asexual too (been to lots of therapy and that was their conclusion as well). I never had any emotions or reactions towards any one else. I never felt strongly about anyone. I didn't really have any sexual urges either. Ive probably masturbated a hand full of times just because of curiosity but even that didn't really do much for me.
I was content with my life until I met Zara. Zara is nothing like anyone Ive ever met before. I like order and organization in my life, Zara on the other hand is incredibly disorganized, messy, really shy but loud at the same time. Despite all of this shes actually really really smart. She has strong opinions on everything from politics to philosophy to medicine and she questions everything, she believes everything has two sides and questions alternatives. I could go on and on about why we became friends but I'll keep this short. Needless to say something really drew me to her and I still don't know why as shes the complete opposite of everything I need.
Ive changed in the 8 month we've known each other. I use to consume food for energy purposes and pretty much stuck to things I was use to. It would be scary for me to try a different food or a different restaurant. Zara has a passion for food so she kind of forced me out of my shell to try different things she cooked. Ive never tasted anything so satisfying in my life. She cooks Mediterranean to Asian to German cuisine and Im amazed by it all. Im actually looking forward to the days she cooks because they're unbelievable good, its not just me either our other mutual friends go on about how amazing her cooking is all the time. Because of her Ive had the courage to try out different places too and I feel very happy about it.
And I guess the most important part that confuses me is my sexuality. Zara excites me on many levels including sexually. I worry sometimes she might be able to tell but luckily it hasn't been a problem with tight jeans but this is so new to me. Ive never had this happen to me before! I never had any urges to touch another woman before but I find myself dreaming about kissing zara, holding her hand running my fingers through her hair. She doesn't know about any of this. I think she sees me as a close friend but Im not sure if she feels anything more for me.
She did sleep in my arms one night. We were watching game of thrones together and she fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.
Im not the only person who notices Zara, she has a very unique look about her, I know of several guys that tried to hit on her just in the period Ive known her and she turned them down each and every time. Her friends encourage her to go out as apparently shes never dated anyone either (her choice) but back when we were getting to know each other, she had said that she doesn't want to look for anything and that if she ever feels strongly towards someone than she'll let it happen but she wont date someone to see if she'll fall in love as she doesn't like the expectations from that.
So now Im conflicted by everything. Including my emotions and feelings. Im pretty certain Im in love with her even though Im not sure what love is suppose to feel. But Im not sure whether I should open up to her, and if I do what do I say ? I don't want to lose her as a friend if shes not interested. Also Im not sure if Im not asexual or if my sexual desires will continue on. It wouldnt be fair to her if I start off normal and then she finds out that Im not normal if that makes sense ?
Any advice on what the best thing to do is ?
(Accidentally deleted 1st post)
tl;dr:Im in love for the first time in my life with my friend, Im not sure what to do as I always thought I was asexual

And the update

quote:

After a lot of thinking I decided I wanted to give it a shot. I was still scared I might lose her friendship but if she was with someone else because I never said anything I would probably regret not saying much more.
We were watching another episode of game of thrones which we do weekly.
I was planning on just telling her I like her after you guys advised against the "love you" but it also made it hard for me to articulate my feelings
Instead I listed all the things she does that I think makes her unique and awesome. At some point I mumbled that even though she was extremely messy and disorganized she was capable of anything and everything. She looked a little worried "if you were my doc Id think you were about to deliver my death sentence why are you being nice, you never compliment anyone, are you feeling okay, dont freak me out" she started touching my forehead for my temperature and since I was nervous as gently caress I was a tomato probably over heating. You could probably cook an egg on my face.
I suck so I ended up blurting out "I think Im in love with you". yeah I realized I F up and said "no I mean like, like you"
She went from worried to confused to humored. She stared at me for a while and this just made it worse as I could tell she was smiling but I wasn't sure if she was laughing at my stupidity or what. She teased me for a bit as to "which is it, like or love ?". I said I didn't want to scare her so she can pick which ever she liked. Yeah ....
So I started back tracking and said she could ignore everything and started apologizing for making her feel uncomfortable. Thats when she told me to shut up. I dont remember what I was saying but she later told me that I was talking 100k/h and she couldn't make sense of.
But she she said she likes me too!!!. We didn't kiss even though I really really wanted to but I couldnt get myself to do it. We cuddled instead and talked.
We've been hanging out every day since then doing pretty silly things. Last night we decided to spend the entire day/night in the city rather than go home. We laid on the grass and just talked/cuddled.
I told her I was going to kiss her when it was 5 am. don't ask. So we talked till 5 and she reminded me it was 5. So we started this really awkward thing where I kept telling her I'm going to kiss you really really soon but couldn't go for it and kept repeating myself. But then she moved closer and well I went for it. it was just a peck but it was still awesome. She started giggling and I kissed her again. She continued giggling and I told her unless she stopped giggling that I wasn't going to stop kissing her and she laughed harder so I went for more than a peck. It was/is one of the most amazing feelings Ive ever felt. We kissed the entire morning. She said she couldnt control the laughter because she was nervous too, she laughs when shes nervous. So she wasn't laughing at me.
So yeah, I think its safe to say Im not asexual. Part of me felt sad that this was what I was missing out on all these years as nothing compares to it but the other part of me is really happy that it happened with Zara, shes truly amazing.
OW one last thing! she said she loves me too after the kiss, although she was worried about saying it too early.
tl;dr: I ended up blurting that I love her, she said she likes me back we kissed.

Awwh, sperg-love :3:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

side note: did you know that /r/relationships moderation considers 'manchild' to be hate speech?

lol

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I [26M] suffer from Aspergers and thought I was asexual, Ive met someone [23F] that makes me question everything

And the update

:allears:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's like that Bradley Cooper/ Jennifer Lawerence movie that I only watched the preview of!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Finally caught up on this thread, apparently 50% of you learned nothing from this article: http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/goku-vs-superman/1/

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lots of words, not enough pictures, yet too many anime pictures

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Nazzadan posted:

And the update

Cute but now I'm sad and lonely :smith:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Nazzadan posted:

And the update

mods please make a sperg love is the best love thread

paging splode to that thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

There are a lot of flies out there. Like, tonnes of flies.