Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Merrill Grinch posted:

<- Buttcoin. Just joined.

Checkout the Marvel Strike Force Thread for active Alliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Edit: nevermind!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of anime trash games, Nexon brought out a girls in mechs turn based strategy game called Master of Eternity. And for anyone who didn't get it on their own, the store page itself abbreviates the title to M.O.E. Yeah, it's not subtle. But despite the amazing new heights of waifu trash and the fact that Nexon tries to shake money out of you at every turn because Nexon, the gameplay itself is surprisingly good. The pilots all have classes that dictate the kind of mech they can use, close combat/tank, ranged AOE, sniper, healer/buffer, and each class of mech has a pretty huge variety of models with different attacks, with the pilot boosting different stats, adding passive bonuses, and a limit break-ish attack. The end result is a very flexible strategy game. Like most of these games, the gacha can be circumvented with sufficient grinding; the basic mechs can be evolved up to the top tiers by sacrificing other mechs to them, so the only reason to drop cash on the gacha is impatience.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The ads I've seen at it were super cringey. Like, the women call you master at every turn and will do anything for you and it's just clearly aimed at yucky people. Anime trash really.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the sooner the thread moves on, the better

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I played that for a week or so, and the combat is surprisingly good. You get the pilots as part of the storyline so what you're upgrading is the mech itself. The combat environments give you lots of different options - do I want to strongarm this one with a tanky melee mech, or do I want to snipe this guy down guarding this passage and cover it with AE missiles, etc.. But yeah, even though I'm not against "anime trash" like some folks, the fear of judgement about someone seeing an anime girl with bowling ball size breasts bouncing around on my phone screen makes it something I couldn't play in public. In-game, the girls call you "master" because - I believe, I wasn't super paying attention to the story - they are an AI construct or cyborg of sorts, so you are their controller/master. I think at some point early on your character does ask them to stop calling you that and they refuse.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

New Leaf posted:

I played that for a week or so, and the combat is surprisingly good. You get the pilots as part of the storyline so what you're upgrading is the mech itself. The combat environments give you lots of different options - do I want to strongarm this one with a tanky melee mech, or do I want to snipe this guy down guarding this passage and cover it with AE missiles, etc.. But yeah, even though I'm not against "anime trash" like some folks, the fear of judgement about someone seeing an anime girl with bowling ball size breasts bouncing around on my phone screen makes it something I couldn't play in public. In-game, the girls call you "master" because - I believe, I wasn't super paying attention to the story - they are an AI construct or cyborg of sorts, so you are their controller/master. I think at some point early on your character does ask them to stop calling you that and they refuse.

It's based directly on Fantasy War Tactics, except even more anime trash, which is why the mechanics are good poo poo, basically. Better off playing that instead.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

cage-free egghead posted:

The ads I've seen at it were super cringey. Like, the women call you master at every turn and will do anything for you and it's just clearly aimed at yucky people. Anime trash really.

Also based on the ads I thought it was a VN.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah, the sooner the thread moves on, the better

Never say that

They just dig in for the long fight

You've emboldened them

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Morpheus posted:

Also based on the ads I thought it was a VN.

It has VN parts in it for upgrading the pilots. Given that each pilot has a wedding dress as an unlockable outfit option, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that El Capitan winds up marrying one/all of them at some point like whatsits the Japanese phone game where WWII battleships are all moe girls for some reason because Japan. Fortunately the VN cringe can be fast-forwarded through and doesn't really seep into the combat aspects of the game.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'll make a kings raid thread when I get home, gimme some suggestions for thread titles.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

I'll make a kings raid thread when I get home, gimme some suggestions for thread titles.

King's Raid: Don't Play This In Public

King's Raid: Anime Was a Mistake

King's Raid: Ask Not For Whom The Boobs Sway. The Boobs Sway For Thee.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Do you need to reroll accounts in Moe?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
King's Raid: Feel free to discuss other Android games since we deserve it for about 5 pages no I am not bitter

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thundercracker posted:

Do you need to reroll accounts in Moe?

You can, but there's not a very compelling reason to. The game doesn't give a ton of free junk to start, so you'd be going through the time and trouble just for a couple gacha pulls that will likely just be giving out trash mechs. To call the gacha stingy would be an understatement; unless something akin to a godfest ever comes around I wouldn't ever bother spending on it.

Longer explanation: The game has two kinds of mechs, preferred and non-preferred. If you evolve a preferred mech, it stays the same type and just goes up a tier, but if you evolve a non-preferred mech it comes out as a random mech from the higher tier. So most players seem to lean towards getting a preferred mech class that they like and evolve it up from the starter tier, since they don't have to worry about the mech turning into something crap when they evolve it. With that strategy you really don't need to cross your fingers and hit up the gacha in hopes of getting something useful. The freebie "friendship" gacha will occasionally spit out preferred mechs, so just hit that up until you get one you like and level that up.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Kings Raid: We must secure the existence of our Android gaming thread and a future for other Android games

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kegslayer posted:

Kings Raid: We must secure the existence of our Android gaming thread and a future for other Android games

Kings Raid: I don't like anime titties but I roleplay as someone who does

Just Dont Look
Nov 6, 2007

Perhaps thou shalt dain to sup on the meaty sustenance of my loins.
Applied to KR Guild as Valte. Ill repost this in the KR thread whenever it goes up if needed.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Kings Raid: The Most Activity the Android Gaming Thread has seen in Years

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

m.hache posted:

Kings Raid: The Most Activity the Android Gaming Thread has seen in Years

Danlee
Dec 7, 2009
Kings Raid: The Android Gaming Thread

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Now Thread: Raid Kings, the is this you gently caress

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'd be mad at the endless King's Raid posting but it's not like there's anything else to post about in this dire wasteland known as android gaming.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Welcome back to the wasteland, King's Raid thread is up.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Speaking of games other than Kings Raid, if anyone wants a new gacha game with more strategic depth than deciding whether to use skills on cooldown, Chain Strike just released recently and I'm enjoying it. Basically the same upgrade/gacha mechanics of Summoner's War combined with tactical gameplay similar to Fire Emblem Heroes. Bonus, no pushing giant anime tiddies in your face (though that's a demerit for some). Good: Tactical gameplay, F2P friendly with usability of good nat4's and nat3's, gives you plenty of pulls. Bad: 0.8% chance on nat5, stilted translation, auto is usable but dumb. I've gotten far enough into the game that if anyone has questions I can answer them.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Welcome back to the wasteland, King's Raid thread is up.

Hell yeah thread title winner

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Has anyone played Death Squared? It's on sale at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth picking up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'd be mad at the endless King's Raid posting but it's not like there's anything else to post about in this dire wasteland known as android gaming.

True, but at least if there is a post we'll know its something worth talking about.

And I did play King's Raid for a while myself and just couldn't get into it. I'm a gacha whore, too, so it should have been right up my alley..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

victorious posted:

Has anyone played Death Squared? It's on sale at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth picking up.

Death Squared was pretty enjoyable. A friend and I played most of the way through on the Switch over the course of an afternoon. Found the controls to be a little floaty, but it's clever and fun.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pako 2 is out for Android.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been playing Cartoon Network Match Land and it's fun but progress is very slow. I have been playing it for a week or two and I still only have the starting characters because you can only unlock them by getting 10 figurines each and getting those figurines is very random with a couple of exceptions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I side loaded DC Unchained. It is aggressivly ok.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Mr Hootington posted:

I side loaded DC Unchained. It is aggressivly ok.

I concur. It feels like Marvel Future Fight but with a horrible character unlock system. Also their character choices are very subpar.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

J3ng4 posted:

I concur. It feels like Marvel Future Fight but with a horrible character unlock system. Also their character choices are very subpar.

Which of those? My biggest head scratchers were syrin and silver banshee.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

gmq posted:

I have been playing Cartoon Network Match Land and it's fun but progress is very slow. I have been playing it for a week or two and I still only have the starting characters because you can only unlock them by getting 10 figurines each and getting those figurines is very random with a couple of exceptions.

It's still not out in the UK :argh:

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I've been trying out GoT Ascent, and it's been glitchy on my phone and tablet. Are there any games like it that are currently supported, preferrably free or inexpensive, and isn't anime?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

mrkillboy posted:

Pako 2 is out for Android.

This looks really neat, thanks

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
We have a new game in beta that we could use some Android testing on! Any word game fans in here?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853610

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey is Brave Hearts worth a drat?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninetailgames.roguehearts.paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The game you linked is rogue hearts?