Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Jukebox Hero posted:

If I'm reading this correctly as "koch corruption vs trump corruption" then I've officially just got no loving idea what's going on anymore

This is what happens when a party begins to eat itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Jukebox Hero posted:

If I'm reading this correctly as "koch corruption vs trump corruption" then I've officially just got no loving idea what's going on anymore

Trump and one of the koch bros have always hated one another, just be glad we can finally pit some of these rich fucks against each other

The worst part of the average person slowly being disenfranchised in America is that everything seems so planned and organized, because usually rich people all happen to want the same stuff. It's why some people find it so easy to buy into illuminati stuff, or the slightly less extreme government conspiracy bullshit.

Times like these are nice, because even though the rich are still loving the poor we get to see them also loving each other, not always out of necessity, sometimes just because they have a personal beef and want to make each other look stupid

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

pogue23 posted:

He just dumped a poo poo ton of money into NASA.. maybe we can convince him to become the first president of Mars?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/844360665900838912

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I feel like NASA could milk a lot of money out of Trump by appealing to his vanity. "We want to go to Mars but we need more money. The first building on Mars will have your name on it. We promise."

the first thing you do is dig latrines when you camp

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
The Koch's oppose it because it doesn't completely get rid of the ACA, I guess theres a silver lining to their shittyness.

I really wonder tho do like the republicans and people like the Koch's ever catch themselves in doubt of their own character. Like I imagine some of them wake up in the middle of the night and go "wow I really am an evil selfish human being." then they glance at their night stand and see checks from their lobbyist friends and have a hearty lol then go back to sleep just fine.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

lol remember when trump was like "hey russians maybe you could find the rest of hillary's emails? :smug:"

lmao that wasn't a joke he was actually asking

Lol the only reason we didn't believe it was because we thought it was too ridiculous and stupid to be a real request on national television. Trump did the polar opposite of outsmarting the people. He outdumbed us all.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol @ posters in the other thread who are so incensed at the prospect of mexico that they deign it unworthy of being part of north america and put north in quotes

this is something that is being done lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Thirsty Girl posted:

lol @ posters in the other thread who are so incensed at the prospect of mexico that they deign it unworthy of being part of north america and put north in quotes

this is something that is being done lol

I enjoy that they are pushing the "communications between FSB agents and the Trump transition team being spied on totally proves Trump right!" narrative unironically.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

bag em and tag em posted:

Lol the only reason we didn't believe it was because we thought it was too ridiculous and stupid to be a real request on national television. Trump did the polar opposite of outsmarting the people. He outdumbed us all.

That's a good phrase, Im gonna steal that and claim it was mine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lpzie posted:

The ancient world wasn't into lols like we are. Best I can do is show you cracks and fissures where the lols were trying to break through.

Surely there must have been a roman emperor who let people throw poo poo at him and poz his neghole while everyone laughed

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
How is it that everyday has new lols

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Trump and one of the koch bros have always hated one another, just be glad we can finally pit some of these rich fucks against each other

According to those cool old articles about Trump that most people did not read, one of the Kochs publicly called Trump "piggy, piggy, piggy". And now that they're very old men they're at it again. Why would I ever be rooting for a Koch win? Is this a lol?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cobweb Heart posted:

According to those cool old articles about Trump that most people did not read, one of the Kochs publicly called Trump "piggy, piggy, piggy". And now that they're very old men they're at it again. Why would I ever be rooting for a Koch win? Is this a lol?
Pretty sure that's in reference to NYC Mayor Ed Koch (cotch, not coke.)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/844731796948471808

lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

lol

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Pretty sure that's in reference to NYC Mayor Ed Koch (cotch, not coke.)

Who ever knew politics could be so complicated :(

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
Hi guys, just popping in to let you all know that I just loled that trump is president! Well, see ya later

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
americans love voting to die lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

another lol

https://twitter.com/AP/status/84485...%3D2680%23pti15

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Manafort looks like the guy you get to play a scandalous politician who gets off on choking hookers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/statu...2680%23lastpost

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

pouty lip

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

I enjoy that they are pushing the "communications between FSB agents and the Trump transition team being spied on totally proves Trump right!" narrative unironically.

I knew as soon as I read it that people would throw up their hands and exclaim that TRUMP WAS RIGHT

Can we get some highlights from the other thread? You don't need to include poster names, just a plain quote.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Alan Smithee posted:

Manafort looks like the guy you get to play a scandalous politician who gets off on choking hookers

He's Shooter McGavin

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

from the NY Times article regarding Don JR

just look at him

Pls photoshop DJTJ into the picture with the dead Russian diplomat and the crazy security guard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status...%3D2681%23pti12

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

I knew as soon as I read it that people would throw up their hands and exclaim that TRUMP WAS RIGHT

Can we get some highlights from the other thread? You don't need to include poster names, just a plain quote.

someone recently posted obama's kenyan birth certificate as tweeted by malik obama

then another poster finally dropped the facade and went full bore racist against latinos

all this and more awaits you in the bad trump thread

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

thathonkey posted:

someone recently posted obama's kenyan birth certificate as tweeted by malik obama

then another poster finally dropped the facade and went full bore racist against latinos

all this and more awaits you in the bad trump thread

I tried going there once, but I realized that, while I hate myself and seek to self-harm myself mentally if not physically, some things are too dang much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status...%3D2681%23pti18

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Space Crabs posted:

i am not political and ascribe to no party.

I'm autism party

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

Virginia Slams posted:

I really wonder tho do like the republicans and people like the Koch's ever catch themselves in doubt of their own character. Like I imagine some of them wake up in the middle of the night and go "wow I really am an evil selfish human being." then they glance at their night stand and see checks from their lobbyist friends and have a hearty lol then go back to sleep just fine.

This is the question right here. The little scenario I always think of is these rich fucks sitting at home watching TV with their family. On TV is a family movie with a very, very clear and obvious villain. The villain of the story acts literally just like the old rich rear end in a top hat watching. I wonder if it ever clicks "Heyyyy.....", but then my cynical side tells me "of course they know they're lovely, they really just don't care."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPdw_nw6oEI

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

porking a pork bun posted:

Don't know if I want to see him get a pie in the face or slip on a banana skin more

he looks like a penguin. someone should throw him a fish

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Anyone else hear the piece on npr where they talked to the Texas house republican who changed his vote to yes because trump said some words at him?

The whole crux of his argument was "I promised to repeal Obamacare and by golly that's what I'm trying to do", while fully admitting that the new bill has major issues. They would do better to formally change the name of the ACA and never mention Obamacare again.

They are trapped because they never planned to actually repeal the ACA, never expecting they'd have the majority and presidency dropped in their lap.

Lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Pls photoshop DJTJ into the picture with the dead Russian diplomat and the crazy security guard.

source pic?

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

He's Shooter McGavin

God DAMMIT I knew he looked like someone.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha at the president admitting unemployment numbers aren't true. Everyone knows that, but governments don't admit it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

HE HAS THE BEST STATISTICS, OK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

angryrobots posted:

Anyone else hear the piece on npr where they talked to the Texas house republican who changed his vote to yes because trump said some words at him?

The whole crux of his argument was "I promised to repeal Obamacare and by golly that's what I'm trying to do", while fully admitting that the new bill has major issues. They would do better to formally change the name of the ACA and never mention Obamacare again.

They are trapped because they never planned to actually repeal the ACA, never expecting they'd have the majority and presidency dropped in their lap.

Lol

The real lol was when NPR asked basically if he was doing it for politics, to get reelected and whether he didn't care about how the bill screws people and he said no, I made a promise to repeal Obamacare and im'a gunna do it