Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

They need to do Suikoden 1 and 2 next.

maybe bc konami aint doing poo poo else besides pachinko

they did a konami shooter collection on switch, and with collection of mana coming out and being rad you'd think they would do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dicey Dungeon is a fun game with good music and character art

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1160464599734296577?s=20

Not sure how to parse this for easier viewing but uhm

Ok think it worked

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
PUt EVertythighnn on the Siwthc?!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

even the blockchain

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just got a (new) Switch at GameStop. $100 with the trade-in of my old one got me the updated model with twice the battery life, a better screen, and a fresh warranty. Now I just need to not scratch the screen until my protectors come in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Just got a (new) Switch at GameStop. $100 with the trade-in of my old one got me the updated model with twice the battery life, a better screen, and a fresh warranty. Now I just need to not scratch the screen until my protectors come in.

I might have to take up on this because the fan is on the way out on my switch, but hell if i'm going to let them know that. I'll just bring it in and trade it for the new one lol. $100 plus the old switch right? Does the new one come with the required cables and dock and poo poo or no?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I might just buy RGO even though I'm still very much on the fence about it because there's nothing else out there I want to play.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

I might have to take up on this because the fan is on the way out on my switch, but hell if i'm going to let them know that. I'll just bring it in and trade it for the new one lol. $100 plus the old switch right? Does the new one come with the required cables and dock and poo poo or no?

Yeah all that stuff comes in the box just like the old one. Look up how the box on the new model looks so you don't get screwed - it has a red background. Make sure you remember to deregister your old Switch from the eShop and bring in all the plastic junk you tossed into a drawer (the joy con grip and wrist straps).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

put all the animes on the switch

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Anime is a letter transposition of amine, and that's cat piss. Anime is cat piss.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gears of war 4 and forza 6 are the xbone free games this month, apparently.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m really glad Xbox made sort of a comeback. It was funny to laugh at for a minute but one console dominating the market is no good

I see the Switch as its own entity

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've had the same xbone since a few months after launch. It's been a good old game horse. And I pretty much watch all of my movies/tv through it, because sling and hulu are on it.

It's not great and it's definitely showing signs of age, but it's not an awful system, like countless piles of poo poo before (atari jaguar, sega 32x, etc). Free games help too.

Gonna play some video game golf and take a dab per hole.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

colachute posted:

gently caress...

Even without co-op its a blast it just gets funnier in a group. Doctor (chloroforms people for tests) and Cannibal(eats people for health) synergize pretty well, for gross reasons. Things like that.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Ion Fury/Ion Maiden(Spiritual Sucessor to Duke Nukem 3d on the Build Engine) is out and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EWy6gTry6g

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Steezo posted:

Just gonna recommend Streets of Rogue if you have any friends. Your goal is to become the next mayor. Its somewhere between streets of rage and space station 13 in terms of gameplay and insanity. There are many character classes to try each with different objectives, zombies wanna make more zombies, cops want to arrest the guilty, comedians tell a joke, werewolf wants to rage, scientists test drugs on people, all while working as a resistance plant to be the next mayor by doing missions on each level. Missions usually mean murder. You're murdering your way to mayor.

Its twenty bucks and i've already gotten more enjoyment out of it with the assholes I play battlefield with than I would have from fast food or a movie. Maybe not the best metric since i go to early shows if i can help it, less people. Fun game. Like, SNES brawler with friends on the weekend and you've got the TV to yourself and four controllers and hey wanna go ride bikes fun...

it has freeze rays, shrink rays, tasers, drugs, alcohol, getting health back with drugs and alcohol, accidentally injecting sulfuric acid because it looks like a drug, purposefully giving people who hate you sulfuric acid so they can die and its one less person voting against you at the end... and more.

Streets of Rogue is great. Feels like an old arcade game, but you can create your own classes if the default ones aren’t to your liking.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus posted:

I might just buy RGO even though I'm still very much on the fence about it because there's nothing else out there I want to play.

i am sufficiently bored

70/30 chance i regret this

edit: this storefront sure is something, apparently I have an account already (probably imported from uh...something?) but any attempts to reset my password aren't getting through to my email.

Maybe I'll try out Metro Exodus or something else that's on EGS but not Steam while I'm here. Assuming I can ever log in to my account.

edit2: or I'll just get Satisfactory, I've been hankerin' for a building game

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 17, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
current satisfactory status: oh no my free time

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

subterfudge posted:

Ion Fury/Ion Maiden(Spiritual Sucessor to Duke Nukem 3d on the Build Engine) is out and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EWy6gTry6g

Bought this last night it loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNHb236X6Y

Clint did a review of it, and while he had something to say about the weapons selection being a bit small, he was absolutely giddy that the game is so good and satisfying for someone looking for old school 90s shooter nostalgia.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

i am sufficiently bored

70/30 chance i regret this

edit: this storefront sure is something, apparently I have an account already (probably imported from uh...something?) but any attempts to reset my password aren't getting through to my email.

Maybe I'll try out Metro Exodus or something else that's on EGS but not Steam while I'm here. Assuming I can ever log in to my account.

edit2: or I'll just get Satisfactory, I've been hankerin' for a building game

I'm a big fan of Surviving Mars

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Surviving Mars is real good, I've got a ton of playtime in that. Put in like 80 hours in vanilla and then another 80 when Green Planet came out. Not gonna play it again until probably 2 more DLCs come out at least.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You could try Sheltered, it's a good time killer

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

orange juche posted:

Bought this last night it loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNHb236X6Y

Clint did a review of it, and while he had something to say about the weapons selection being a bit small, he was absolutely giddy that the game is so good and satisfying for someone looking for old school 90s shooter nostalgia.

The guns are a bit bland compared to the other Build Engine Games but it still has some crazy stuff like an 18-shot 3-barreled magnum revolver, homing hand grenades, and your shotgun just being 40mm buckshot rounds that you load into a rotary grenade launcher.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought Satisfactory.

I think I'm good for uh...probably a month.

Also, EGS is absolute hot garbage. How in the gently caress a storefront in TYOOL 2019 can be released like this I'll never know.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have been playing starsector:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

subterfudge posted:

The guns are a bit bland compared to the other Build Engine Games but it still has some crazy stuff like an 18-shot 3-barreled magnum revolver, homing hand grenades, and your shotgun just being 40mm buckshot rounds that you load into a rotary grenade launcher.

i mean i can't not buy this game

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
come by the discord and play some Rainbow 6: Siege at 5:30 PM Pacific time. let's get stupid and shoot the hell out of each other and let out some of that pent up aggression we all seem to be feeling.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This sounds like some poo poo Vas would like.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

come by the discord and play some Rainbow 6: Siege at 5:30 PM Pacific time. let's get stupid and shoot the hell out of each other and let out some of that pent up aggression we all seem to be feeling.

To clarify, this will be silly fun time GiP v GiP custom games

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm trying to promote hostage Fuzing and other radical plays

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All shield vs impacts and c4, WHO WILL WIN???

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I started playing BF4 again, goddammit I didn't need this in my life.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

bengy81 posted:

I started playing BF4 again, goddammit I didn't need this in my life.

That community is somehow less toxic than the Siege community as a whole.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That community is somehow less toxic than the Siege community as a whole.

I haven't played Siege, but everybody in BF4 is super chill still. Like for a 5 year old game you would think they would all be bitter assholes, but nope, everybody is cool unless you are a real obvious troll.

What's Siege comparable too? Like R6: Vegas 2 was my poo poo once upon a time, is it close to that gameplay wise?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Siege is in a class by itself

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Counterstrike with soft walls and hero classes basically, but much better than that might sound.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Starsector fuckin rules. I've been playing it off and on for about 7 years now through various updates. It's still in alpha and the dev takes his time to think out features and additions, their function and impact on gameplay before committing to them. Some aspects have gone through redesign several times because they weren't fun.

It's a great game that scratches that top-down space exploration and fleet building itch. Combat is tight, ship and weapon variety is legit. You can play factions off against each other, start your own colonies and go commit atrocities against your competitors to curb their market share, explore the reaches of the sector for ancient blueprints and build your own fleet of doom. It's an awesome game, and the mod scene just makes it better. There's an active thread in Games for it, and some of the best mod authors are goons. Can't recommend it highly enough if its your kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m feeling the itch for the Thief series again, from ~1999/early 2000’s. Religious fanatics, competing thieves, deceitful gods, and tombs full of zombies all had treasures that served better to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly than staying wherever they were. Ghosting it completely was a true challenge too, although between the difficulty and any self-imposed restrictions the game was as easy or as hard as you wanted it to be. Want to kill everyone and leave a trail of blood and bodies? Go right ahead! Want to knock them all out and throw them in a pile so they’re confused in the morning? Go for it! Want to be a true master, without ever knocking anyone out or anyone even suspecting something was amiss? Gods be with you, that is going to be hard.