Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Since I don't know how much exposure this would get here outside of the Dragongate thread, over the past week their Youtube page has put up all 8 of the championship matches from last year's Kobe World 2021 with English commentary:

Night 1 - July 31, 2021
Triangle Gate: <Masquerade> Jason Lee & Dragon Dia & La Estrella vs. <R.E.D> Diamante & Dia Inferno & SB KENTo
Brave Gate: Keisuke Okuda vs. Genki Horiguchi
Twin Gate: <R.E.D> Kaito Ishida & KAZMA Sakamoto vs. <Natural Vibes> Susumu Yokosuka & KING Shimizu
Dream Gate: Shun Skywalker vs. Kzy

Night 2 - August 1, 2021 (spoilers from Night 1 in the links' graphics)
Brave Gate: (Night 1 winner) vs. Kagetora
Triangle Gate: (Night 1 winner) vs. <Aagan Iisou> Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi & "brother" YASSHI
Twin Gate: (Night 1 winner) vs. <HIGH-END> Dragon Kid & Ben-K
Dream Gate: (Night 1 winner) vs YAMATO

A LOT has changed in DG since last year, especially around January/February, but if you haven't been exposed to much of their stuff and want to check out what they're all about... it's free real estate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1542795778837516288?t=wiRfFxvh8M48AiZqiMt9Bw&s=19

Good signing GLEAT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not going to be able to watch GLEAT live, which is a bummer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Good news everyone, Korakuen Hall has finally lifted the goddam ban. We can all once again enjoy pro wrestling in Korakuen Hall the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1542807855429914624?t=Z2lxI5-REP_tx9X9eYQ-KA&s=19

With the Korakuen Hall chicken nuggets

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Maya Fukuda won me over with her persistence in the UWF matches she had. Happy for her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GLEAT announced tag belts, Flamita and Kento Miyahara

They also had a strong contender for MOTY in Lindaman/Izuchi. Probably better than the Irie match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Oxford comma!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1542852236556091393?t=i2WT2g2x2AoqKqtbeRCfwg&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That rules. I am so happy he won.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They also had a strong contender for MOTY in Lindaman/Izuchi. Probably better than the Irie match.

Super happy with Flamita back in Japan. And Kento rules obviously (see the post I'm about to drop in the MOTYC nomination thread)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

Oxford comma!

No, the winners must wear Flamita and Miyahara around their waists.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Friday night, it's raining buckets out & so it is the perfect time to watch me some GLEAT.

Opening 6 man of BO vs Kaz, Soma & Septimo was an extremely fun sprint in a Dragongate/lucharesu style with BULK Orchestra being really good base's for the high flyers. Tamura in particular has come along noticeably as a base since signing with GLEAT. 10 minutes but it absolutely breezed by.

60 Seconds vs Tanaka & Aoyagi had a different feel, a bit more grappling on the match but still rather fast-paced. Tanaka really had a spring in his step, including an early standing moonsault that's not a regular part of his arsenal these days. There was an extended heat section on Aoyagi where he actually got his nose busted open, & there was some really slick lucha-style grappling sequence at the end. Atsuki really is great, both as a worker & with his seemingly natural charisma.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Joshi Match is very different in feel, Sendai Girls trio start by isolating Hosokawa. Well technically they start with Manami screaming in everyone's face, getting slapped by both DASH & Nanae for her trouble & then having a scream-off work Yukari Hosokawa. Very silly. Best parts of the match are inevitably when Nanae & DASH are in together & just beat the crap out of each other. Took a surprisingly long time for Miyagi to get involved, which lead to a short but fun segment with her & Iwata. All in all not the best GLEAT women's match but it's still good. And you get the impression that there's unfinished business between these 2 teams.

BULK Orchestra vs Osaka06, & it's all about the reunion of 3 time Open The Twin Gate Champions for the first time in 4 years. Gamma is on his retirement road so it's nice we got this. It's so Big Japan that they did gently caress all with Kawakami & then in GLEAT he instantly felt like be had a star quality to him. Fun match, Shimatani really got to look good here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

House of Torture invade GLEAT, facing off with Alex Zayne & STRONGHEARTS. Featuring 2 of my top 10 wrestlers of the year to date but not even the combined powers of Irie & T-Hawk can make a HoT match feel like an enjoyable use of time. Booking them for this show is probably the worst thing GLEAT have done so. Imagine if instead of House of Torture it was Daichi Hashimoto, Kosuke Sato & Astronauts? Or if it was Eruption? Or any of several dozen names whose matches aren't all nonsense. As a match this isn't bad exactly, I just cannot stand the House of Torture interference-heavy match anymore. EVIL vs Irie is a match that would be terrific in a other world but...T-Hawk tried & his bit with Yujiro at the start is as interested in part of a Yujiro match I've been in some time but all through the match the knowledge that the bullshit is going to come really hurts things. Dawg, it's not 1984, we're not in Memphis, & crowds can't even reach to your amazing HEAT segments, just give up. To be less negative, Irie & Zayne had a great spot with Zayne flipping over him to do a hurricanrana to a dude on the top rope, that was super cool. But then there's outside interference and all momentum vanishes. Story of the match really, Stronghearts do some dope poo poo & as soon as you start getting into things House of Torture things slows it back down. And it's not a tease thing because you know there's only one team winning because that's politics.

Far too many words on that waste of time.

Okay, I hate going from a match that sucked all the air out of the room straight into the G-REX Title match, but at least I know El Lindaman will save us. And after 30 seconds it's clear that this is GLEAT, not the previous match; just 2 exciting young wrestlers going at it. Full bore, don't want to look away for more than a second to write anything on my phone. Needless to say, match is fantastic, find a way to watch. Izuchi has really come on greatly, more than deserved this opportunity.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Today's DDT Show

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/qWe9MY2kDp1AzZh6RfzNKt

quote:

○KING OF DDT 2022 Semi-Final No time limit
Yuki Ueno vs Naomi Yoshimura

○KING OF DDT 2022 Semi-Final No time limit
Kazusada Higuchi vs Jun Akiyama

○Main Event KING OF DDT 2022 Grand Final No time limit
The Winner of Yuki Ueno vs Naomi Yoshimura vs The Winner of Kazusada Higuchi vs Jun Akiyama
*The winner of this tournament will be the 79th KO-D openweight champion.

*The winner will be rewarded 1,000,000 yen from Casting.JP Inc., the distributor of DDT official energy drink “BLACK OUT”.

○Semi-Final Special Tag Team Match 30 minutes maximum
MAO & Shunma Katsumata vs Chris Brookes & Andrew "The Giant" Everett

○The 4th Match 30 minutes maximum
Masahiro Takanashi & HARASHIMA vs Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku

○The 3rd Match KING OF DDT 2022 Semi-Final No time limit
Kazusada Higuchi vs Jun Akiyama

○The 2nd Match KING OF DDT 2022 Semi-Final No time limit
Yuki Ueno vs Naomi Yoshimura

○Opening Match 6-Man Tag Team match
Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno & Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari vs Antonio Honda & Kazuki Hirata & Akito

○The 2nd Dark Match
Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul & KANON vs Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida & Yukio Naya

○The 1st Dark Match
Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai & Hideki Okatani vs Toru Owashi & Soma Takao & Toi Kojima

◆Tetsuya Endo who is suffering from brain concussion will come to the event. He will announce an important information.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hopefully Endo's appearance is him declaring a return date rather than more bad news

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ooh, English comms is a nice surprise. Wish the crowd was bigger, though hopefully it fills up after the preshow

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus Kojima's dropkicks are goddamn vicious, guess he felt bad about whiffing that flippy thing

e: that match was rad, put all the effort into the preshow

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 3, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love the sumo young lion

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Live translation thread is here

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1543414251322089472

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Onita produce show coming!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Is being invaded by the subbrands!

e: lol

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1543416633586114561

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
NJPW doing some DDT dates?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

NJPW doing some DDT dates?

Yuji Nagata and Nobu Kanemaru on Uncle Jun's 30th Anniversary show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
re: Pheromones

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1543425989950066689

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I wonder if those are their shirts from when they were Nautilus, or if they just have similar designs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus gently caress I am biting left and right on these nearfalls. I love this match

e: YESSSSSSSSS

MY

FUCKIN

BOY

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The red boy takes it!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i am SO loving happy that the rowdy large son took it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that whipped

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'd have to go back later and check, but that only went about 10 minutes, what a goddamn war

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dammit Higuchi, fight. You can't let this old man beat you again

e:kingsley:

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 3, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao that match layout

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the very idea that Takagi was booking NOAH in secret