Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Beaumont posted:

Shame that mod makes such an effort to be so loving goofy. Different body types would be a nice touch as well as a quick and easy method of characterisation - I realise it's been discussed before, but the engine really does struggle to create unique looking characters. A few overweight/scrawny characters would go a long way. Not like 'Female body by race', though. That thing is hideous.

Ideally, Fallout 4 will use the same "skinny-to-strong" scaling body size as Skyrim. I agree, something so simple really does make a huge difference, and I'm sort of surprised that it took us until 2011 to get it. (Yes, I know about San Andreas!)

Cirosan posted:

I was deathly afraid this would happen one day.

I've taken the liberty of mirroring the Vault Archives here. Probably best if you guys keep this mirror to yourselves for now, though.

Can I replace the OP link with this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can I replace the OP link with this one?
Sure, but I'd appreciate it if you replaced the link in the OP with the following link instead of the direct file link:
http://ooccommunity.com/media/mark-morgans-vault-archives/

Essentially, I added some legal jargon to help cover my rear end, just in case. I'll probably get hit with a C&D or some such sooner or later, but at least I can say I tried.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Madfez posted:

Is there a good mod that adds more variety and spawns to the wasteland? The Mojave is starting to feel kinda empty. Is the Monster Mod really that bad? I don't mind if it's hard because I cheat.

Monster Mod is loving atrocious, avoid.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ideally, Fallout 4 will use the same "skinny-to-strong" scaling body size as Skyrim. I agree, something so simple really does make a huge difference, and I'm sort of surprised that it took us until 2011 to get it. (Yes, I know about San Andreas!)

I'm surprised at the variety of faces you can make in Skyrim even though you're just mixing and matching components. Wouldn't mind a New Vegas overhaul like that; it takes me 20 tries (I'm limited to XBox) to come up with a decent looking character who doesn't turn out to have green-stained lips under in-game lighting.

FO4 should have a "ghoulification" slider at chargen, or a gradual change as you accumulate radiation. Just no appearance change as you lose or gain karma please.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
There's no point in having a ghoul race/ghoulification process if Bethesda is not going to have it actually impact NPC interactions.

They would almost definitely not have it impact NPC interactions.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47714/

Released my .357 revolver retex finally. Also includes mods and Lucky :)

You do such wonderful work all the time, Aernovalis.

In related news, when is the WME guy gonna get off his lazy rear end and make a new compatibility patch for the WRP?

Timeless Appeal posted:

There's no point in having a ghoul race/ghoulification process if Bethesda is not going to have it actually impact NPC interactions.

They would almost definitely not have it impact NPC interactions.

"Oh my god! You're a ghoul! <Conversation as normal>"

Ghoulification would be a neat thing, but it would really require Obsidian to handle it well.

As for actual varying body types that would pretty much be the best thing. Though Fallout is the one place I could understand there being a whole lot of fit, not fat motherfuckers outside of certain areas, though Vegas would certainly be an exception. I could certainly believe a number of Gizmo motherfuckers in Vegas.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Monster Mod is loving atrocious, avoid.

Basically the monster mod will add mostly dumb-looking creatures everywhere that are significantly stronger than deathclaws. If you combine this with IWS, the road from the starting town to Primm becomes effectively impassable. With cheating this won't matter that much, but be prepared for armies of giant ant queens that soak 40mm grenades.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
So, been playing PN/JSawyer/CCO. I kinda wish it did more to make combat lethal. I still have to plug away at my enemy's head for god knows how long before he actually falls down.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm willing to bet this fat guy mod has been posted before, as well as this fat guy outfit pack, but I just found it myself so here you go.

I...is it wrong that I want to make him bald and name him Carl?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
So I downloaded the GECK to see how easy it would be to mod the Dinner Bell (unique hunting shotgun) to have 8 shots like the upgraded hunting shotgun does. I'm poking around the sounds section and my nephew says "you should make it have a little *ding!* when you fire it!"

I'm actually kinda tempted to try... I'm guessing its just a case of making a duplicate of the standard sound with a bell thrown in, then pointing its audio file for firing to the new one?

The GECK is really impressive actually, I was expecting something far more clunky and crash-prone. No problems so far though!

EDIT: Infact, I wonder how possible it is to make it upgradable like the regular hunting shotgun. That would be pretty easy I'd think.

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 1, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain Hair posted:

The GECK is really impressive actually, I was expecting something far more clunky and crash-prone. No problems so far though!

Oh, you dear, naive little man.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.

Benjamin Black posted:

So, been playing PN/JSawyer/CCO. I kinda wish it did more to make combat lethal. I still have to plug away at my enemy's head for god knows how long before he actually falls down.

Realistic Headshots

I can't remember what the default values are, but I remember them being a bit too much and toned them down using FNVEdit.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Here's another older mod that looks fun as hell: Remote-controlled, bomb-dropping Vertibird toy.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40195

Demonstration video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShcVl95apLA

All it's missing is the Repconn radio station.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I played both Fallout 3 and New Vegas (not the DLC for NV) multiple times on the Xbox, and picked them both up in the Steam Summer Sale. What are some good mods to start out with that aren't total conversions or huge things?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danyull posted:

I played both Fallout 3 and New Vegas (not the DLC for NV) multiple times on the Xbox, and picked them both up in the Steam Summer Sale. What are some good mods to start out with that aren't total conversions or huge things?

CASM and DarnUI are basically mandatory. NMC and Ojo Bueno/Poco are good for a first run, too, and maybe also a weather mod like Project Reality or Nevada Skies. People like JSawyer, too, which is made by the Lead Designer on New Vegas (rope kid on the forums), but it affects gameplay significantly, so you might want to save it for the next playthrough.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Arenovalis posted:

Hey, any chance you might retexture the Bozar? It was my favorite weapon in FO2, and the GRA texture is... well, it makes it look like it's made out of plastic.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Danyull posted:

Splitsoul has it, pretty much, but it depends on how much stuff you really wanna add. If you wanna inject some more armor subtly, the Low-Profile Armor Mod adds stuff and puts into the leveled lists so you'll find it out and about on enemies and the world.

AG's Supplementary Unique's is pretty rad adds up to like 135 new, unique guns to the world. They're all leveled to the areas you'll find them in, and they're all tucked away a bit on top of a container or in a locked briefcase, and you'll find 'em all in lovely condition, so they won't be particularly gamebreaky or anything.

If you wanna make your UI a little bit more controllable and the like, Gopher's UI mods are pretty rad and have all been condensed to one mod: oHud. Has three main components: one which adds things to your HUD (stats, hunger/thirst/sleep needs, etc), aHud, which lets you move things around on your hud, and iHud, which allows you hide/autohide your hud for your immersion needs.

If you use any more than one mod that alters your UI, I'd also heavily recommend gopher's uHud which is really just a fodmod script that will patch any relevant files and make all UI altering files play nice together.

The Mod Configuration Menu is necessary to configure oHUD, and it's really rad and you should use it. It will allow you alter/config/etc any mods that use it via the pause menu. There's also a version of CASM that uses it that you should use.

The Weapon Mod Menu is really great and also something you should use.

You may or may not want something that improves weapon mods, so take a look at WMX and WME and pick one you prefer. But that's getting sort of into the overhaul area.

Most definitely you'd want our own Aeronovalis' Weapon Retexture Project, to make all your guns the prettiest.

All of those can be found in the OP

You should check out this totally rad ammo mod. Makes mass producing/breakdowning ammo a breeze and also a bunch of other cool stuff that you'll really never see outside of a reloading bench. Also allows you to breakdown cases and hull plastic to brass and plastic so you can make any ammo from any other ammo. Totally not shilling my own work, no sir. It's really rad and you should use it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
That ammo mod works so well it honestly feels like it's part of the vanilla game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What SpookyLizard said. He's spot-on. Except AGSU, it's kinda ugly.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

What SpookyLizard said. He's spot-on. Except AGSU, it's kinda ugly.

Really? I was tooling around Zion with a DeLisle carbine and it was pretty much the greatest thing. All of the guns in it look pretty rad to me.

Kinetic Tools
May 6, 2009
Is there a reason gtab's ammo mod isn't in the OP? I'm not seeing it under guns.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kinetic Tools posted:

Is there a reason gtab's ammo mod isn't in the OP? I'm not seeing it under guns.

Before a week ago, nobody really talked about the mod in this thread. SpookyLizard's been working on it, so if people seem to enjoy it, I can throw it up there.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I started a new character, with JSawyer as usual, on Hardcore, but none of the food/water/rest bars have any numbers, nor do they fill in at all. My other characters had hardcore working with JSawyer just fine. Is this a known issue?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Snofeld posted:

I started a new character, with JSawyer as usual, on Hardcore, but none of the food/water/rest bars have any numbers, nor do they fill in at all. My other characters had hardcore working with JSawyer just fine. Is this a known issue?

It's an issue, but it doesn't have to do with JSawyer.esp. I've had it happen on vanilla playthroughs, too. Generally, resting/waiting will jumpstart the hardcore counters.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Urgh, I know I shouldn't, I still need to finish Fallout 3, but I got a bunch of mods for my second playthrough of New Vegas. I just tested it, and it didn't poo poo itself at start up, so that's a good sign, but now my mouse seems to be moving super fast in menus. Not certain why, probably related to MTUI.

I just wanted it to look a little prettier and have some new quests, and I ended up with like, a dozen mods, how does this happen?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Do I need any of the DLC for the ammo mod? Any time I try to start up the game with it,it crashes.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 3, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The last content addition WIP of The Armory's out and from here on out it'll be ESP/content fixes for existing weapon updates. As stated before, 3.0 will be The Armory's last update so if there are any mods that people are making that they'd like released with the official release (immersion friendly leveled lists, weapon placement mods, caliberx compatibility, etc) then you should start working on them soon.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Arenovalis posted:

Are you eventually going to release these as a pack thats GRA compatible? I see another guy has made a temporary patch, but then that relies on him updating after you update... Just wondering if its worth grabbing these or waiting a while till theres a pack or something? They're really good work, well done with them.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Man Whore posted:

Do I need any of the DLC for the ammo mod? Any time I try to start up the game with it,it crashes.

Honest Hearts and Gun Runner's Arsenal.

EDIT: they should be listed as masters in FOMM.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 3, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

This should just be the OP for the NV game thread.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
What's the consensus on EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements? It looks nice, but I'm vaguely recalling it being all kinds of buggy. Granted that was a long time ago so maybe poo poo got ironed out since then.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Crashy and buggy as gently caress the last time I used it (a few weeks ago)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
drat, I just want some prettier energy effects :( How was it buggy?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

drat, I just want some prettier energy effects :( How was it buggy?

I had it crash every time that an explosion happened, but that's just me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I had bad luck with EVE first time around, but after thoroughly ironing out all conflicts with FNVEdit it has worked beautifully.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

SplitSoul posted:

I had bad luck with EVE first time around, but after thoroughly ironing out all conflicts with FNVEdit it has worked beautifully.

Forgot I could do this. I'll install it and BOSS sort and see what sort of conflicts it throws :)

Anyone using WMX over WME? I'm tempted to switch just for Arenovalis' retexture patches.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Forgot I could do this. I'll install it and BOSS sort and see what sort of conflicts it throws :)

Anyone using WMX over WME? I'm tempted to switch just for Arenovalis' retexture patches.

Ditto. It might mean starting a new character since I'd also have to switch over agsu to that version/deal with modded guns exploding, but still.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
So far so good. Also,

Jesus christ Arenovalis :catstare:

E:

Holy poo poo EVE is great just for making the energy weapons look nice.

:catdrugs:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 5, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

I preferred WMX, not simply for Arenovalis' texture patch, but because of its suite of melee mods. Nothing endears you to a nailboard more than being able to replace the handle and wrap it up in barbed wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Yeah I went poking through the mods last night, golf clubs with barbed wire :getin:

The retextured .357 sure seems bright at night.