Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

njsykora posted:

Bryan still wants Eva Marie to get her title shot.

She's done more to earn one than Paige did at Summerslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Casters: Why are there no league-type tournaments in american wrestling? Should there be?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bound for glory series

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I know it's old news, but Foley & Austin podcasting together is great. You can't help but smile at the pure joy they are experiencing as they bullshit with one another.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

epitasis posted:

bound for glory series

I'm not sure if this is meant as an example of one, or the reason why they aren't done.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Like WWE fans are smart enough to understand how a round robin tourney would work.

dunn.gif

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I know it's old news, but Foley & Austin podcasting together is great. You can't help but smile at the pure joy they are experiencing as they bullshit with one another.

And the way that Austin repeatedly says he's going to wrap up the podcast, but then they just launch straight into another story. They end up with more false finishes than a Russo main event. :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wish if were going to get these never ending Ziggler/Barrett, Sheamus/ADR, Mid/Kofi feuds they'd at least just call them a best of 7 series or something. It plays perfectly into their love of parity booking too.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Like WWE fans are smart enough to understand how a round robin tourney would work.

dunn.gif

What does it say if TNA fans can grasp a concept better than WWE fans?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BlueArmyMan posted:

What does it say if TNA fans can grasp a concept better than WWE fans?

TNA wresting couldn't even grasp the concept last year

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
"I'm going to contradict every statement, but not to play devil's advocate and introduce alternative viewpoints to bolster the discussion. Instead I'm doing it to constantly interrupt everyone and repeat the same line of bullshit until I've successfully annoyed everyone."

- MRT on the Punchsport Podcast

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

I listen to Ringbelles in part because it isn't cringeworthy compared to other attempts at interviewing female Wrestlers.

I tried to sit through the Solo Darling interview and ended up killed a fawn with my bear hands just to counter the peppiness. Plus all female wrestlers in the UK & Ireland sound like they just woke up from a bender.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

They didn't say it was round robin :colber:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

"I'm going to contradict every statement, but not to play devil's advocate and introduce alternative viewpoints to bolster the discussion. Instead I'm doing it to constantly interrupt everyone and repeat the same line of bullshit until I've successfully annoyed everyone."

"Faaaaaaaaaaaaart, fart fart poop noise diarrhea faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart"

-Skunkrocker

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Skunkrocker posted:

MRT is fun to talk to, which is more than I can say for you.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

MRT is funny and runs Tuesday Nitro. He's a cool guy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Also it's good that he's being positive about things, which just happens to be the contrary opinion a lot of the time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's right though, Rockstar Spud is quite short

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blasmeister posted:

Also it's good that he's being positive about things, which just happens to be the contrary opinion a lot of the time
Yeah he is the rock that holds the show from turning into a black hole of cynicism and negativity.

Also my twitter avatar is a picture I took on Geology Field Camp looking at Seneca Rock in West Virginia on the fifth of July 2013 if you are curious

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
MRT is a dick because he isn't on #wh2k anymore

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

You missed the part where he kept fooling us into thinking he hadn't recorded the call, leading to my consternation. MRT is a hell of a troll, and bless him for it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave & Bryan reporting in on Brie's fashion style was a necessary part of the Raw review and I hope they make it a recurring segment.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a day late but we need more shows with Wang

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

MRT is funny and runs Tuesday Nitro. He's a cool guy.

I never said he wasn't.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

a day late but we need more shows with Wang

You could have just asked, and the 14 Count would have talked about wangs for as long as you wanted.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

You could have just asked, and the 14 Count would have talked about wangs for as long as you wanted.
Every topic is about Batista? :v:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

my fav was 2012 where they kind of did a round robin right except that a couple guys completely left the company before the tournament was finished

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Every topic is about Batista? :v:

6 inches, you fuckin mark.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not playing devil's advocate I think the Usos are the best tag team in WWE, that Rockstar Spud sucks and that John Cena is my favorite wrestler.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the Garbage Man episode of The Simpsons.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not playing devil's advocate I think the Usos are the best tag team in WWE, that Rockstar Spud sucks and that John Cena is my favorite wrestler.

I agree with all of this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Boom.

https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud/status/504338655960637440

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

this is some good heeling.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What a manlet

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Giant Bomb Crew Video at Summerslam.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-summerslam-2014/2300-9389/

Stardust is pretty much the best.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Those opinions are just being contrary apparently.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

Giant Bomb Crew Video at Summerslam.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-summerslam-2014/2300-9389/

Stardust is pretty much the best.

Stone Cold drinking IPAs :psyduck:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

IPAs are delicious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

How are you surprised by this? He talks about how much he loves IPAs all the goddamn time.

Unless... you don't listen to his podcast? Why would you disappoint your parents like that? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh yeah. I'm at the Owen tribute show of the Attitude Era podcast. given that I dgaf about Owny, is there any reason to bother with this?

• Locked thread