Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Not a game, in of itself, but a Twitter friend of mine is running a Kickstarter for tabletop pride pins that is pretty cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basiliskonline/criticallypins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Tsilkani posted:

Not a game, in of itself, but a Twitter friend of mine is running a Kickstarter for tabletop pride pins that is pretty cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basiliskonline/criticallypins

I know plenty of people that would enjoy this, so I shared it out on social media. Very cool project.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm interested in getting in on a reaper bones kickstarter, but I don't know where to start. Is there one going on currently?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One just ended in the beginning of November, they're still taking late pledges here https://pm.reapermini.com/session/new though.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Haven't seen anyone mention it, but Deep Carbon Observatory Remastered is now on KS and, well, Patrick Stuart is a writer whose work I enjoy reading. Figure someone here might like to know it's out there.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Memnaelar posted:

Haven't seen anyone mention it, but Deep Carbon Observatory Remastered is now on KS and, well, Patrick Stuart is a writer whose work I enjoy reading. Figure someone here might like to know it's out there.

Thanks for pointing it out. Backed!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
If you missed out on the first printing, the Pax Pamir 2d Edition second printing Kickstarter is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243243962/pax-pamir-reprint

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I played Theurgy at Dragonmeet back in November, and liked it quite a lot. It's a game with a lot of moving parts, and several 'layers' of the board where you can strategise, and would normally be considerably more crunchy than I would go for -- but it's got a neat trick to it where no matter how the game ends, everyone who didn't win seems to walk away feeling that if they'd just had one more turn they could have seized victory.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

potatocubed posted:

I played Theurgy at Dragonmeet back in November, and liked it quite a lot. It's a game with a lot of moving parts, and several 'layers' of the board where you can strategise, and would normally be considerably more crunchy than I would go for -- but it's got a neat trick to it where no matter how the game ends, everyone who didn't win seems to walk away feeling that if they'd just had one more turn they could have seized victory.

On the one hand, I respect the game for not doing minis for all the monsters/meeples/whatever. On the other hand, I imagine it would have way more pledges if it did.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Double posting, but apparently there's a Vampire the Masquarade card game designed by the guy who designed...uh, Subnautica?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/horribleguild/vampire-the-masquerade-vendetta

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

GrandpaPants posted:

Double posting, but apparently there's a Vampire the Masquarade card game designed by the guy who designed...uh, Subnautica?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/horribleguild/vampire-the-masquerade-vendetta

looking forward to not being able to see any card more than one foot from me and having my hand occasionally fall through the table

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Flying Circus has art!

Erika drew these cool pieces for the history section of Flying Circus.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
those are all extremely cool

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Less than a week left on Jamsumo. While, I'm still kind of waffling on whether or not I want it I gotta say I dig how low key the whole campaign and its updates seem to be.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ndpaoletta/world-wide-wrestling-second-edition
WWWRPG 2nd edition KS is up.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've never done poo poo like this before, but because of how much I've enjoyed the game and the joy it's given me through 9 months of gameplay, I'm gonna pitch the goon-game Virtus Pro Wrestling as a promotion for the book.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

I’m super excited, he relicensed some of my stuff from first edition including a new playbook.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Flying Circus update!
Go read it here!

It has dragons!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
And yes, they're jets too.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I just got Inhuman Conditions and HOLY poo poo, is that some top notch production. I’m not sure if the game is good, but drat is it pretty.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

djfooboo posted:

I just got Inhuman Conditions and HOLY poo poo, is that some top notch production. I’m not sure if the game is good, but drat is it pretty.

I learned the hard way that you absolutely need to do a dry run walkthrough of the anatomy of cards, and stress to the suspect players that they are playing /a character/. Plus my wife got the idea in her head that she needed to "fool" me no matter which card she drew, so she got herself deemed a robot and we both lost one round.

I'm super excited to try it with a large group though.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Definitely post some impressions once you've played it. I backed out of the kickstarter because I thought it sounded like itd be too easy for to tell the Robot was needing to look at their card while a human wouldn't. But from what I've heard it sounds like they fixed that. Might need to pick it up if its getting positive buzz.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

M a x posted:

Definitely post some impressions once you've played it. I backed out of the kickstarter because I thought it sounded like itd be too easy for to tell the Robot was needing to look at their card while a human wouldn't. But from what I've heard it sounds like they fixed that. Might need to pick it up if its getting positive buzz.

Yeah, they added part of the Setup where humans have a little visual maze they have to solve on the card, robots just have the answer key printed on there, so both groups have to read the card for a bit before beginning the round.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying out my copy. I have a board game group full of roleplayers, so I'm hoping it goes over well. One is an actor and cyberpunk nerd, so I'm sure he'll love it.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

LatwPIAT posted:

Flying Circus update!
Go read it here!

It has dragons!

I'm getting some extremely Valstrax vibes from this, and I'm super into it.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

With the last week to go, we've added some stretch goals for Tachyon: Interactive Puzzle Book.

2 extra puzzles for the book if we reach our stretch goals.

Over 50 puzzles await you in this interactive puzzle book. Fold, search, tear, draw. No two puzzles are solved the same way, but all can be worked out through pattern recognition, problem solving and lateral thinking. Can you unlock the secrets of the Tachyon?

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well gently caress, the Starlight Kickstarter actually looks good. Little bit BSG for setting, little bit Gloomhaven for persistence, from what I can tell. Also optional minis. So you can save like 50 bucks if you don't care about painting spaceships.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mccaskellgames/starlight-2/description

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Deep Carbon Observa2ry has a £30,000 stretch goal to make it a super deluxe version, and also to buy some random backer who wished he had room for it on his shelf some new shelves. IKEA, they're not going totally wild here, but it's a pretty nice bonus.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Echophonic posted:

Well gently caress, the Starlight Kickstarter actually looks good. Little bit BSG for setting, little bit Gloomhaven for persistence, from what I can tell. Also optional minis. So you can save like 50 bucks if you don't care about painting spaceships.

Worst possible time to launch a high-price Kickstarter; a lot of people (including me) are going to be holding back because the economy is looking to take a giant steaming poo poo in short order.

It does look amazing, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Zurui posted:

Worst possible time to launch a high-price Kickstarter; a lot of people (including me) are going to be holding back because the economy is looking to take a giant steaming poo poo in short order.

It does look amazing, though.

It looks like it's blowing through its stretch goals, though, so that's something. Anyone back their previous project and can say anything about the game/service? I'm wary about the combination of minis + apps + oh yeah an actual game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

GrandpaPants posted:

It looks like it's blowing through its stretch goals, though, so that's something. Anyone back their previous project and can say anything about the game/service? I'm wary about the combination of minis + apps + oh yeah an actual game.

I was at least heartened by the fact that the minis are optional, unlike the IDW KSes (that I keep backing :gonk:). I'm skimming the rules and I really like what I'm seeing. Ship and pilot customization, away missions with exploration and storytelling, seems really cool. I wouldn't mind knowing more about the other KS, either, though.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I can't say anything about the quality of their first Kickstarter, but it was popular enough for a publisher (the same one they're working with for Starlight) to pick it up and do a second printing, so that's something at least. It was also delivered essentially on time (December 2018 final fulfillment vs November 2018 estimate), which is basically a miracle for board game Kickstarters.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
yeah I was backing zero now I'm in on Deep Carbon Observatory, Starlight, and very soon, Frosthaven.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Zurai posted:

I can't say anything about the quality of their first Kickstarter, but it was popular enough for a publisher (the same one they're working with for Starlight) to pick it up and do a second printing, so that's something at least. It was also delivered essentially on time (December 2018 final fulfillment vs November 2018 estimate), which is basically a miracle for board game Kickstarters.

Reading the scenario book and the draft rules cooled my interest. It has FANTASTIC presentation, but the systems seem pretty basic and there's a whole lot of random noise in them to boot. 0-4, get nothing on your turn. 5-6, success! ENNNNH. The very first scenario has a choice that's ultimately meaningless (Do the right thing and get a morality point with no consequences! Don't and get nothing in terms of either benefit or consequence! Hooray!)

Pretty, but not for me in a world where there are PLENTY of lengthy campaign RPGs to enjoy.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It's nice that the app is optional. I don't really trust that sort of thing to remain functional or available on the app shops in the long term.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Memnaelar posted:

Reading the scenario book and the draft rules cooled my interest. It has FANTASTIC presentation, but the systems seem pretty basic and there's a whole lot of random noise in them to boot. 0-4, get nothing on your turn. 5-6, success! ENNNNH. The very first scenario has a choice that's ultimately meaningless (Do the right thing and get a morality point with no consequences! Don't and get nothing in terms of either benefit or consequence! Hooray!)

Are you reading the same books I am? Combat is dice matching (roll dice, place them on boards to perform specific actions), exploration is a standard roll-and-add-modifiers system, and the choice in the first scenario leads to either +1 morality or -1 morality.

It's not the most complex set of systems, but I don't mind a game that is a little streamlined.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 17, 2020

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Spikey Willow posted:

With the last week to go, we've added some stretch goals for Tachyon: Interactive Puzzle Book.

2 extra puzzles for the book if we reach our stretch goals.

Over 50 puzzles await you in this interactive puzzle book. Fold, search, tear, draw. No two puzzles are solved the same way, but all can be worked out through pattern recognition, problem solving and lateral thinking. Can you unlock the secrets of the Tachyon?

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

I'm biting on this, looking forward to feeling dumb at work when I'm bored later this year.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Echophonic posted:

The writing is dire and the gameplay doesn't look like it's enough without an engaging narrative

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Secret Weapon's full color printed bases are back after canceling their previous one cause the only pledge level was $1.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretweapon/hd-bases-by-secret-weapon-miniatures-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Secret Weapon's full color printed bases are back after canceling their previous one cause the only pledge level was $1.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretweapon/hd-bases-by-secret-weapon-miniatures-0

Not even one picture with a mini so we can see what they look like in action. SMDH