Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also if anyone was looking for the new switch model i saw them in the wild at target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

Y’all should just work for UPS or something.

I do. Don't.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh poo poo Links Awakening is downloading on my Switch.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Oh poo poo Links Awakening is downloading on my Switch.

yeah you can preorder now

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't have a switch is there an emulator where I can replay my favorite childhood zelda

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah theres tons

i like higan for snes/game boy color. its a fork of bsnes, which was the most accurate snes emulator imo

get the gbc version, it has an extra dungeon

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

at least i know where that is mostly now since i have context for it

edit:

This is my current bus, that will be torn down and rebuilt entirely hopefully tonight.

Bus going around a cloud of toxic gas that I ran into because I didn't do enough planning. Because Concrete was hard to get at that point.

Prototype of my new bus that I planned out today. Made some last minute modifications when I put it into practical view just now - I'm not doing 8-7-8 in a three stack, I'm doing 8-8 in TWO different parallel busses of 8-8 in a two stack. So instead of 23 items now I can have 32, so it's back to the drawing board for actually loading up the bus.

Still prototyping.

Looks like it works. Now to figure out what's going on the belts so I can start clearing out my old poo poo.

Have they made bus-take-off and belt balancing less of a pain in the rear end than when I last played? Last I checked, the bulk and awkwardness of belt-splitters / mergers was still a long way from the "neat" solutions Factorio had.
There was this 2-5 monstrosity that ended up being massively space-intensive in the actual game:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

As far as I can tell the product is efficiency

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

What are you guys actually making??? Or are you just trying to consume all the resources on a planet to destroy it?

The factory must expand to meet the ever-growing needs of the factory.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

stuffs not gonna build itself

yet

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Have they made bus-take-off and belt balancing less of a pain in the rear end than when I last played? Last I checked, the bulk and awkwardness of belt-splitters / mergers was still a long way from the "neat" solutions Factorio had.
There was this 2-5 monstrosity that ended up being massively space-intensive in the actual game:

The way satisfactory does belts and object item reservoirs there is no need to balance. Even in factorio belt balance is more of a aesthetic thing. Because of the way things buffer trying to do a balanced monstrosity like a 2-5

Industrial storage containers act like priority splitters. The input bottom lane will be drawn from before the top. The output bottom lane will always be filled before the top.

On the other hand 3-1, 6-1, are very useful. as is 9-2 since you can combine 9 level one belts into 2 level three.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EBB posted:

The factory must expand to meet the ever-growing needs of the factory.

And it's soooo rewarding. drat you, thread.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
So I finished Breath of the Wild yesterday. Was my first Zelda game, and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel they announced, for now I've still got those sword trials to do, and about 600 korok seeds to find.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They're adding at least 3 new worlds, including an extremely close binary pair and a super-earth type planet, which probably has 6-10x kerbin gravity at the surface. That will be an ultra pain in the rear end to land on, and I imagine the binary would really play hell with any trajectories that approach it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Put a 3-body system in Kerbal you cowards

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They should map theoretical physics to current understanding and give you the option of various experimental superluminal drives.

Also:

Cleaning up some of my foundry sites. What's in the box?

Oh...some kind of spider monster.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The real question is why do you keep walking around with a nut in your hand

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

To remind myself of the patriarchy

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Don't kinkshame.

Also I have that equipped most of the time because it doesn't take up much of the screen, I often take falling damage (though less so thanks to Blade Runners now), and it doesn't trigger anything if I accidentally left click. I've launched way too many rebar spikes into buildings by accident.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

They're adding at least 3 new worlds, including an extremely close binary pair and a super-earth type planet, which probably has 6-10x kerbin gravity at the surface. That will be an ultra pain in the rear end to land on, and I imagine the binary would really play hell with any trajectories that approach it.

Oh no, landing on a super-earth will be easy since we've already perfected Eve entries. Taking off is the hard part. Vall or one of the other bodies has Kerbin gravity but no atmosphere. If you go there without enough fuel for the ascent and attempt anyways, you won't have enough fuel to land when it fails. :v:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Tetris Maximus Cup this weekend, Fire Emblem themed this time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Tetris Maximus Cup this weekend, Fire Emblem themed this time.

ty was gonna post that

also i got a thing in the mail

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 21, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

EBB posted:

Oh no, landing on a super-earth will be easy since we've already perfected Eve entries. Taking off is the hard part. Vall or one of the other bodies has Kerbin gravity but no atmosphere. If you go there without enough fuel for the ascent and attempt anyways, you won't have enough fuel to land when it fails. :v:

They should have a mega gravity planet with like 9g like in elite dangerous. Now that will be a challenge to land and take off without running out of fuel

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Ship to Shore does a lot of cool vinyl pressings. Maybe one day I'll get a turntable and hang out at local coffee shops

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

new characters for mk11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzc2e2AgFo

joker

spawn

and motion capped arnold

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ty was gonna post that

That looks like an expensive thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB posted:

That looks like an expensive thing

$39

https://www.fangamer.com/products/mother-2-vinyl

lil bit expensive compared to a new vinyl these days, but not horrid.

they have a few others on there im eyeing tbh, like Art of Fighting 1/2 and panzer dragoon saga

edit: and holy crap this one

https://www.fangamer.com/products/snatcher-vinyl

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 21, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ty was gonna post that

That owns.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah you can preorder now

My backlog is so long, its actually refreshing to have a game on my system that I can't play for a month, rather than choose to not play one of the 40 games in the queue.

(S/O to Tetris 99, Maximus Cup 4 life)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They should have a mega gravity planet with like 9g like in elite dangerous. Now that will be a challenge to land and take off without running out of fuel

I would guess that you would want to land and take off as efficiently as possible, leave your ship that you used to reach the planet in orbit, and descend in a lander that has just enough fuel to land and then make orbit again, and no extra mass, because any extra mass will gently caress up trying to make it back to orbit.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

I would guess that you would want to land and take off as efficiently as possible, leave your ship that you used to reach the planet in orbit, and descend in a lander that has just enough fuel to land and then make orbit again, and no extra mass, because any extra mass will gently caress up trying to make it back to orbit.

A lander on a super earth would be bigger than your biggest rocket to leave kerbin

The rocket equation is a bitch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

S/O to Tetris 99, Maximus Cup 4 life

hells yes i want every theme

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

A lander on a super earth would be bigger than your biggest rocket to leave kerbin

The rocket equation is a bitch

I didn't say it would be a small lander, I said no extra mass beyond what was required.

Nevermind that even existing on a super earth as a kerbal or human would just crush you into a flat pancake due to your limbs weighing 200 lbs.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

orange juche posted:

Landing and taking off from Eve is my Mount Everest of KSP challenges. I’ve just never been able to manage it, no matter what. People do pull it off, though...somehow.

https://youtu.be/-CkKzINpe_8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

Landing and taking off from Eve is my Mount Everest of KSP challenges. I’ve just never been able to manage it, no matter what. People do pull it off, though...somehow.

The answer to your problem is build bigger. There is no problem in this game that cannot be solved with a drawer full of hammers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

When you get really bored, and have done everything you can in KSP, you figure out how to get to Eve and back in 9 tons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxZ4iHf3Em4

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Icon Of Sin posted:

Dream bigger. Build bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONP9jS14toE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

The answer to your problem is build bigger. There is no problem in life that cannot be solved with a drawer full of hammers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmJlnTqjSg

The pinned comment by the devs on the video is from Scott Manley.

"If you have any technical questions, you know where I am. Don't mess this up."

That's like a command from space god to do this poo poo right.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Illectro is a good goon.