Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
Any space in the goon guild for sdorica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Negrostrike posted:

I've been enjoying Built for Speed these last few days and I can recommend it for whoever likes racing games a la Micro Machines. Free, no ads, although there are microtransactions if you want to advance quickly of course.

That said, what other good racing games like this one should I try?

Horizon Chase is fantastic, though maybe not exactly the same style of game..

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

mrkillboy posted:

Skidstorm is pretty neat. There's also Reckless Racing 3 and the others in the series.

I also played the Micro Machines game for a long time but its mired in a lot of F2P stuff.

Skidstorm looks very nice. Imma try it. Thanks!

Niton posted:

Horizon Chase is fantastic, though maybe not exactly the same style of game..

Horizon Chase is very good but for some reason it's crashing before the intro screen since it got updated. Does it happen to someone else? Is there a fix? :shrug:

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Y'all wanna act like Beach Buggy Racing doesn't exist. Ok.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vectorunit.purple.googleplay&hl=en_US

It doesn't have any anime tiddies in it, but it's a good game nonetheless.

Seriously Kings Raid ought to be called "Flappy Boobs".

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 27, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do i have to create a public google+ profile to use the stupid google play games thing

e: seems like some games require it and others dont?

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 27, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Skidstorm is pretty neat. There's also Reckless Racing 3 and the others in the series.

I also played the Micro Machines game for a long time but its mired in a lot of F2P stuff.

Ok, so here's the weird thing about Micro Machines: Codemasters had the license back in the day, and developed/released pretty much all the classic entries in the series.

Skip ahead to 2013-2014, and Codemasters released Toybox Turbos, a spiritual sequel to the Micro Machines games that came before it. No actual MM licensing, but it plays the same, though not as hectic, no personalities for the drivers, not as deep. It's fine, I own it and enjoy it from time to time.

THEN, after that, EA, with the actual Micro Machines license, released the same game on mobile, with a ton of F2P bullshit additions. I don't understand what's going on, but it's literally the same game.

Aaaaand rather than delete everything I just wrote, I'll admit that I haven't checked out the mobile version in a while, and it genuinely looks to be different than Toybox Turbos. Maybe not in gameplay, but all the other stuff. They've added in the drivers, and put a lot more polish on the whole thing, playing up the toy aspect of it all.

MM mobile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGutCHJu9RA

Toybox Turbos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shSJZxhBUD4

If there was a premium version of MM on Android, I'd buy it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nintendo and Cygames have partnered to release a new RPG titled 'Dragalia Lost Read'

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
In Tap Wizard, does the doom orb (or whatever it's called) come a lot later the fourth time? I've gotten to zone 80 and still haven't received it, whereas the before the previous meditation I had the actual key by like 57.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
On the fourth run there is no orb, you just have to get to zone 100 of the wilds where the Doomstone is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Do not believe. There is always orb. There will always be orb. Orb is eternal.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

How long is the Doom Realm? I've gotten to wave 20 and nothing.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
25 I believe, and it scales the same as the regular zones, so you should be good when you're clearing 5 above your current zone.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Currently I'm up to normal zone 40 but I can only go up to Doom 20 and that's with burning insta-kill runes because for every 5 crowds I mow through there will be a small pack with near infinite HP.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Doom zones go to 21.5 if I remember correctly. Just started my ng+.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yeah, I started waiting until about 20 zones after the orb turned into the key because I got sick of burning hundreds of runes to run into a wall near the end.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Also when you get to the Doom stone, don't bother trying to spam runes to beat it. Just get like two or three more orders of magnitude more power, thing has three phases and an ungodly amount of HP.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Push El Burrito posted:

Do not believe. There is always orb. There will always be orb. Orb is eternal.

Orb is horse.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Is there some kind of starter guide or anything for Tap Wizard? It's been a while since I played the original and I never got very far. Or at least a few good spells to get with spellsotnes?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:orb:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
What's the best, simplest Tetris (or Tetris like) game on Android?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Montalvo posted:

What's the best, simplest Tetris (or Tetris like) game on Android?

Oddly enough, the actual EA licensed version is pretty good.

I was genuinely surprised.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah! This isn't bad at all, thanks.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Are any of the Star Wars games not poo poo?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The topps trading card game is good.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I thought KOTR was well regarded as a PC game, i dunno about the port

I have San Andreas on my phone but haven't bought a controller to make it not suck, for example

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There's a strong contingent of goons who play Galaxy of Heroes over in this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774770

I've been playing it for over a year and a half so far. It's fun as long as you're down with freemium Heroes games.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixowl.goosebumps

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

What a loving time to be alive.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

axe.io is coming out soon, and it looks like a ton of simple fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrfPGPgUJws

You throw axes at your enemy. That's basically it, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look real fun!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like a new premium Kairosoft game was released recently: Wild Park Manager

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Kaninrail posted:

Also when you get to the Doom stone, don't bother trying to spam runes to beat it. Just get like two or three more orders of magnitude more power, thing has three phases and an ungodly amount of HP.

OK, I'm there now, and I keep getting stuck on the green phase (I think it's the third). The health bar is almost gone, but it won't go all the way down. What gives?

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

hooah posted:

OK, I'm there now, and I keep getting stuck on the green phase (I think it's the third). The health bar is almost gone, but it won't go all the way down. What gives?

Throw the book at it.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Dungeon hunter champions just came out in my region do we have a thread?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goons who were playing Sdorica - are you still playing? How does it hold up? It got advertised so much in another game I'm playing that I gave it a look and it is quite nice looking..

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

New Leaf posted:

Goons who were playing Sdorica - are you still playing? How does it hold up? It got advertised so much in another game I'm playing that I gave it a look and it is quite nice looking..

I'm still playing and still really enjoy it. The story is really entertaining.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Is there a goon guild for Sdorica? I've picked it up and am having some fun with it, moreso than other gatchas.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New Leaf posted:

The game was eating my battery even when the app wasnt running. Having to force stop the app everytime I quit playing caused me to quit. Those loading times are also killer.

Other than that it is a good game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I thought it was alright, but it didn't hold my attention.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

jjac posted:

Throw the book at it.

I have no idea what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

hooah posted:

I have no idea what that means.

It means you have to activate the Omega Lumen rune that you have crafted via your four meditations.