Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watching Vince destroy NXT cause it failed to destroy AEW is the best WWE story of the new Decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Watch, she's gonna get squashed by a returning Becky in 30s for the strap and Charlotte didn't want to do that job because she's going to be the first feud back.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Watching Vince destroy NXT cause it failed to destroy AEW is the best WWE story of the new Decade

Might sound crazy but I bet this could actually be a cool storyline to spin into kayfabe if you did it right.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

He did the whole “tick tock” thing back in Lucha Underground but there it actually made sense since he was the White Rabbit and carried a pocket watch and whatnot

his gimmick is doomsday occultist so he just talks about the end of the world, apocalypse and the doomsday clock ticking down constantly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Who would've predicted the Wednesday Night Wars would end via seppuku?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Liquid Communism posted:

Watch, she's gonna get squashed by a returning Becky in 30s for the strap and Charlotte didn't want to do that job because she's going to be the first feud back.

Stealing from Reddit

quote:

After being successfully cashed in on by Nikki A.S.H, Charlotte Flair now has the shortest reigns with 4 different championships, including all 3 women’s titles on the main roster.

RAW Women’s Championship reign - 1 day

SD Women’s Championship reign - 5 minutes

Tag Team Title reign with Asuka - 42 days

NXT Women’s Title reign - 63 days

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

remember that nxt won the wednesday night wars because it's the last fight of the battle that matters or whatever

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I say "Nikki ASH" the same way Chris Farley would have if he said it in Billy Madison

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheKingslayer posted:

Might sound crazy but I bet this could actually be a cool storyline to spin into kayfabe if you did it right.
Vince treating NXT like ECW and winning the world tittle

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

greetings and saluations...i lost

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Vince treating NXT like ECW and winning the world tittle

2021 needs do-rag Vince, yes.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm confused and also lazy, help me please: When was Jeff sent home for getting into a backstage fight? Because all this kind of makes me think it's more about giving him a win to keep him after that incident than to punish HHH or Kross.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm confused and also lazy, help me please: When was Jeff sent home for getting into a backstage fight? Because all this kind of makes me think it's more about giving him a win to keep him after that incident than to punish HHH or Kross.
matt hardy worked the marks

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

tony khan is going to buy the rights to "no more words" forever in perpituity

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

xbilkis posted:

They need to lean into it and repackage him as “The Time Keeper” Maxwell Keeper. Scarlett can be Eleanor Keeper-Longo

The very jobber!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Destroy My Sweater posted:

tony khan is going to buy the rights to "no more words" forever in perpituity

Except he'll mistakenly buy the Berlin song. Having nothing better to do with it, he'll put it on someone like Cezar Bononi, who will use it to get incredibly over.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

xbilkis posted:

They need to lean into it and repackage him as “The Time Keeper” Maxwell Keeper. Scarlett can be Eleanor Keeper-Longo

If you pin me in two moves an infinite number of other Triple H variants will be unleashed.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

D.N. Nation posted:

also Nikki winning the belt is cute and fun. Why the hell not. Nikki/Charlotte/Becky triple threat at SummerSlam. Probably better than the Mella/Charlotte/Becky one!

How many Charlotte triple threats do we need in one lifetime

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol lashley beat keith lee clean in his hometown, good, great, nice

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NXT is now almost at WWE ECW and WWE WCW levels of respect and that's amazingly funny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lid posted:

Who would've predicted the Wednesday Night Wars would end via seppuku?

I mean the Monday night wars p much did as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's impressive how quickly WWE always manages to piss away the good will built up by a good show

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lid posted:

Stealing from Reddit

When me and my brother were kids we always joked "why do wrestlers brag how many times they been champion? If they had it 5 times that means they lost it 4 times!" We were just half serious but thats like 100% serious for Charlotte. Like the thing about Cena and Flair having that bragging right is that it wasn't going for a specific goal number, thats just how their career shook out organically (cena getting close to flair didnt come up til he was at like 14 or 15)

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 20, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

When me and my brother were kids we always jokes "why do wrestlers brag how many times they been champion? If they had it 5 times that means they lost it 4 times!" We were just half serious but thats like 100% serious for Charlotte. Like the thing about Cena and Flair having that bragging right is that it wasn't going for a specific goal number, thats just how their career shook out organically (cena getting close to flair didnt come up til he was at like 14 or 15)

RVD did this to Ric Flair once, it was funny

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wait, this is the 3rd time Charlotte has been cashed in on? Jesus

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

karrion kross getting ready to lose a match in 2 moves

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I just skipped 90% of the show, saw what happened with Kross :lol:

Vince not even knowing how a heel or face should act anymore, use those ropes Jeff who gives a gently caress?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RAW sounds like it owned once again!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JUNGLE BOY posted:

karrion kross getting ready to lose a match in 2 moves

lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

More like Karrion Squashed lmao forever

Also I guess Nikki being champ is cool in theory and all, but I distinctly recall being assured that she was supposed to be this inspirational pure babyface superhero gimmick that was for the kids, etc, etc. So how does that square with cashing in on an already half-dead opponent and basically stealing the title underhandedly?

StarkRavingMad posted:

Except he'll mistakenly buy the Berlin song. Having nothing better to do with it, he'll put it on someone like Cezar Bononi, who will use it to get incredibly over.

You talk as if Cezar Bononi isn't already incredibly over.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
After several months of not watching regularly, I feel Kevin Dunn induced motion sickness like never before

I feel like the camerawork has gotten worse with crowds coming back

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lid posted:

Stealing from Reddit

Hilarious, and will never be mentioned on WWE TV.

Also, the idea of Nikki being confident after surviving 2 minutes matches with Charlotte and Rhea leading to her being champion hypothetically isn't the worst, but I'm now ready for the booking to go back to reading Nikki like she isn't a good winner who isn't on their level and the story sucking as a result.

Also, no Doudrop, we didn't get to find out what fans would chant at her (Viper, Piper, Doudrop, silence)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Kunabomber posted:

I just skipped 90% of the show, saw what happened with Kross :lol:

Vince not even knowing how a heel or face should act anymore, use those ropes Jeff who gives a gently caress?

KK was elbowing him in the head, cheating just makes sense

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Nikki is going to drop the Title right back to Charlotte next week in a squash. They just wanted to up her number again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ah man this crowd reaction https://streamable.com/pwwjz5

This is why you don't listen to internet fans. "Who cares about Goldberg?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goldberg is cool until the moment he actually has to wrestle.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE should listen to internet fans because you need internet to subscribe to and watch Peacock

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Goldberg almost killed the Undertaker in Saudi Arabia.

Bobby Lashley needs to beat Goldberg in 15 seconds to avoid having his spine exploded by a botched Jackhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It sounds like there are 5 people there before the crowd sweetening kicks in.

Hahahah, of the "no one is cheering for John Cena" while the crowd is very clearly loudly cheering for him posts, this isn't the worst ever, but it's up there.