Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can't ignore raid warnings. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He's back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzd8oLgbWY

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I wasn't like angry about it, just thought it was a little odd on a mouse. It's not that serious V:shobon:V

I play inverted and do because the first mouse controlled games I played were aircraft simulators like the Red Baron and Aces of the Pacific from 1990-1992, where moving the mouse backwards would pitch the plane up, like in real life. When fps's in the second half of the nineties went for full range of movement I guess alot of players just stuck with it.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
This is sort of a combination of being griefed along with a dose of self-grief.

I used to be one of those pubbies that would stay just so the griefer didn't win.

Back when I played Combat Arms, my clan, the Gaggle of Noobs, ran "Gaggle Rooms", which pretty much boiled down to games run by a Gaggler. One of our policies was that if we lost control of a Gaggle Room due to the room creator being booted or something and control going to a non-Gaggler pub, we would politely and repeatedly ask for control of the room back.

Well, one night, it was me and a bunch of other Gagglers sitting in a Gaggle Room bullshitting, waiting for a few more pubbies to come in so the game could start. Room creater crashed or something, so control went to some...southern fella, who then brought a couple of his buddies in when he realized we wanted the room back and were asking nicely.

He didn't give it back. Eh, whatever, we started the game, played a few rounds, then eventually me everyone started trickling out to start a new Gaggle Room while I volunteered to remain behind and be the last one in the room so control would pass to me and I could close it. Again, couldn't have a non-Gaggler in control!

Me and MrFiveSeveN got fed up and wouldn't ready up so the game couldn't start. Then AbellaNailo, a Gaggler who I really didn't like at the time because I thought she got her forum mod position solely because she was :airquote:dating:airquote: clan leadership, swapped teams to be with the southern fellas who wouldn't give the room back.

At that point, another pubbie came in and evened out the teams at 3v3. Fiddy and I got mad at Abella for switching teams. We readied up so the game could start and we could get back at her and we were talking poo poo about her on team chat.

A couple rounds later, everyone but me and Fiddy had left, so he left and I closed the room. I was then informed that Fiddy and I were being moved to the GaggleTards, our "punishment clan" for people who had broken clan rules. Then one of the power-trip clan leadership guys booted me outta the clan system completely.

This is the email I sent to clan leadership regarding the booting:

A dumber me posted:

I checked over the rules and repercussions page to verify the validity of my kick, and after looking over the page multiple times to try and find a way I could legitimately be kicked, I do not believe that my being kicked from the GoNCS was valid.

I was warned in my exile statment for breaking R-06, disrespecting other clan members. The penalty for a second offense is NOT a GoNCS kick, but an exile of 7 days, citing the page http://gaggleofnoobs.com/instructions/rules.html.

Let it be known that the only person that could view my complaints regarding Abella-Nailo was MrFiveSeven. He was the only other team member available to view team chat. He has also admitted to complaining and he was also kicked, but was also subsequently reinstated.

I hereby request a review of my case by all members of the admin corps pending my reinstatement in the GoNCS.

And this was the response.

"EnalisNailo (notice something there? :allears:) posted:

Hey Death,

I was assigned you case for this instance, please remember that this is nothing personal and i brought none of the charges against you i am just the arbiter

We have reviewed your case, several times as a matter of fact, and each time we all came to the same decision. The ruling stands. Though you are not blacklisted from the Gaggle Rooms and perhaps at a later time you may re-apply for the clan.

I am not sure as to how much detail was in the email Bigjuan sent you but here is all the information I have on your case.

Your recent infractions were this

R-7 2nd Offense
R-11 2nd Offense

Now I know you may have questions/objections about these so I will explain.

R-7 Bringing Harm To The Reputation Of The GoNCS 2nd Offense with a minimum of 14days in exiles. Now I know a lot of people broke this, and I can see argument for getting this dropped. However you were one of the more vocal ones of Vivox for the event.

R-11 Disrespecting Forum Mods, Tech Support 2nd Offense Minimum of 14days in Gaggle Exiles. Abella is a forum mod, thus a part of the staff and thus qualifying for a higher degree. Now I know you never committed R-11 before but you were on record for R-06 - Disrespecting Other Clan Members. It was felt that because you were already down for a charge for disrespect that you had yet to complete the 2nd degree charge would be brought against you.

This totaled you for an additional 28days in the Gaggle Exiles as we would not allow concurrent serving.

Now I know you would most likely be willing to serve this time, however you were already in exiles at the time of this and as per 09-05 Exiled Gagglers Paragraph one of the GonCs multiple times in the exiles can qualify you for harsher penalties and

"...the higher your chance is of being completely banned from the GoNCS. "

So again I am sorry to say that your appeal has been denied but as stated before you are not blacklisted and are sill allowed to come to Gaggle rooms. Also perhaps in a few months or so you can try and reapply if you really wish too.

Please remember this is nothing personal and that I was hesitant to accept your case but thought that if I did I could ensure that it was fully explained to you our reasoning behind our actions.

I can't read this and not have some horrible combination of :doh: and :stonk: about myself for being so desperate to be a part of something that I was willing to subject myself to these rules, feel like they had any bearing on my life, and berate people for breaking them.

Coincidentally, about a week after this incident, EnalisNailo, AbellaNailo and several long-time Gaggle members, including myself, broke off and reformed his old Counter-Strike clan, the Dark Templars. I THINK, from what I understand, that in effect, those few Southern fellas got me kicked out of the Gaggle and indirectly caused the split between GoN and DT. :allears: Glorious, if unintended, on their part.

Now I'm wondering if they were goons.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
The biggest grief is that you apparently were in a clan that was run like a multinational company. How was the application process for that?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Was Combat Arms one of those games that played like Quake 2 on a dial-up connection while suffering from severe head trauma? I vaguely recall running across it while checking out F2P shooters in the past.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Ragequit posted:

Unintentional griefing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ohslGivm8

I've never watched Yogscast before, nor do I play Minecraft, but I saw this linked in the Fanart thread a few months back and thought it was incredible.
I just wanted to say that most of their Volts videos have some funny intentional and unintentional griefing but the last few of that playlist where they go to war are just as great as this one. Especially the ending episode itself.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 1, 2013

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Foxhound posted:

The biggest grief is that you apparently were in a clan that was run like a multinational company. How was the application process for that?

Simple, actually. It was a lot more laid-back when I joined; you just gave your in-game name, KDR, why you wanted to join, that you'd never hacked CA before, simple stuff. I mean, you had the guy that ran the whole thing and then the guys that ran the sub-clans because it was big enough to where they needed multiple clans to hold everyone.

Then it started going off the rails when the "affiliate program" started and other clans started to become GoN affiliates to prove their non-hacker status or something. :what: Looking back on it, while I was way too immersed in being a member of it and the drama surrounding the DT/GoN split, it was a good lesson. I don't take video games that seriously anymore and I barely play MMOs.

Zaodai posted:

Was Combat Arms one of those games that played like Quake 2 on a dial-up connection while suffering from severe head trauma? I vaguely recall running across it while checking out F2P shooters in the past.

It wasn't bad. Decent graphics for an F2P MMOFPS, but the lag and optimization just got worse and worse over time to the point where the "minimum" system would get maybe 6 FPS.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

D34THROW posted:

Simple, actually. It was a lot more laid-back when I joined; you just gave your in-game name, KDR, why you wanted to join, that you'd never hacked CA before, simple stuff. I mean, you had the guy that ran the whole thing and then the guys that ran the sub-clans because it was big enough to where they needed multiple clans to hold everyone.

Then it started going off the rails when the "affiliate program" started and other clans started to become GoN affiliates to prove their non-hacker status or something. :what: Looking back on it, while I was way too immersed in being a member of it and the drama surrounding the DT/GoN split, it was a good lesson. I don't take video games that seriously anymore and I barely play MMOs.

It wasn't bad. Decent graphics for an F2P MMOFPS, but the lag and optimization just got worse and worse over time to the point where the "minimum" system would get maybe 6 FPS.

Wasn't Combat Arms like Warrock in the regard that you could put your modem on standby, run to the enemy team spawnpoint (they'd still be there on your screen if you did this at the start of a round), shoot them, then come back in before you get disconnected to get the easiest and most hilarious kills ever?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

D34THROW posted:

Clan nonsense no one cares about

So basically you're griefing the thread?

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So basically you're griefing the thread?

Why don't you post some 'good' grief then? :colbert:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Wasn't Combat Arms like Warrock in the regard that you could put your modem on standby, run to the enemy team spawnpoint (they'd still be there on your screen if you did this at the start of a round), shoot them, then come back in before you get disconnected to get the easiest and most hilarious kills ever?

Yeah, they call that tapping. Got harder to do after their lovely HackShield started booting you for DCing for too long. Didn't do much for the OPKs and chams though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Doctor Doodler posted:

Why don't you post some 'good' grief then? :colbert:

I'm sorry if you find clan drama fascinating. I'll change my ways now:

D34THROW That was *AMAZING*. I never knew paragraph after paragraph where you unironically use the words "Gagglers", "Gaggle Room" and just plain "Gaggle" without realizing just how sad that sounds could be so fascinating.

Please post more of the correspondence between you and your clan.

I *desperately* want to hear more about who was dating who in the clan, and all the resentment that engendered.

Did Abella finally end up with Mr. Frank Churchill?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
He wasn't telling you to change your opinion, he was suggesting that you post a story instead of making GBS threads up the thread with more "griefing yourself/the thread" posts.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Just talking on some TF2 all talk servers is enough to grief someone. I've (purposefully) taunted people over voice chat because of their brony sprays or weird anime sprays (NO ITS NOT WEIRD SHE'S A 7,000 YEAR OLD WIZARD OKAY), but one of my favorite incidents came from just saying something innocuous.

I don't usually use voice chat on servers I don't regularly play on because I'm female and this usually gets people to spend 10 minutes asking if I am a girl or if I am a 7 year old boy. I don't talk about typically female things and I try not to go ~gamer girl~ because, quite frankly the attention you get is just creepy and I don't want to spend time talking to weird guys while playing an elaborate hat collection simulator. Anyways, I, at one point in time, was in a rush to do something/ go somewhere on dustbowl and I needed help. So I just said over voice chat, rather than typing, "I need help with that sentry you guys", or something similar. Immediately some guy jumps on me about how a 7 year old shouldn't be playing a VIOLENT game like this and haha my voice was high pitched. I ignored him for a bit but he kept going and wouldn't shut up so I just told him that I was over 20 years old and that I wasn't a little kid. He then continued to accuse me of lying whole 90% of the other people on the server told him to shut up. Finally, I asked him if he'd ever heard a woman speak (because hurr durrr who could be old and have a higher pitched voice). He then proceeded to lose his poo poo while screaming at me about how that wasn't possible, I was the worst liar, and was I retarded or what. I pretty much ignored him and he got vote banned because he was such a stupid gently caress. Maybe he thought he was trolling me, but honestly he just was funny and got himself into more poo poo than he would have otherwise with a "hurr get back in the kitchen" joke.

Bronies are stupid easy to troll. I start out asking them if they think its weird to like a show for 10 year old girls (the response is always something like ITS SO WELL DONE) and then asking them what other things do they like that a 10 year old girl might like. Occasionally I'll make up a pony name (something stupid like Blimpiepie or Puddinpie) and then ask them questions about the show like a confused 80 year old. They leave or shut up after a while.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Enallyniv posted:

He wasn't telling you to change your opinion, he was suggesting that you post a story instead of making GBS threads up the thread with more "griefing yourself/the thread" posts.

:ironicat:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Zelmarked is at it again and this time catches someone getting into a fight with his own family on the same stream, and getting his/the kid to start swearing like he does.

Oh my god where does Zelmarked find these people :stare:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

This reminds me of the time UltraJman got mad at one of those I Wanna Be the Guy clones and ended up getting slapped by his mom on stream.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Is that his girlfriend, his wife, or his mother? :psyduck:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm guessing his mom. He looks kind of young and that kid looks a little old to be his kid.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

The part from 5:03 with "DJ Cookie" is so great, I can't find any words. Thanks for the tears of laughter :lol:

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I just wanted to say that most of their Volts videos have some funny intentional and unintentional griefing but the last few of that playlist where they go to war are just as great as this one. Especially the ending episode itself.

The following video is pretty good. They sign a treaty banning antimatter, redmatter and cheating. At the end sips asks if they can borrow some copper :lol:

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

A couple of my friends, and their guild one day decided to raid ironforge with the intention of crashing the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYT0tM9AmmY

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dizz posted:

This reminds me of the time UltraJman got mad at one of those I Wanna Be the Guy clones and ended up getting slapped by his mom on stream.
Wait, what? I was under the impression he was like... 20-something.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Dizz posted:

I thought it was Rayman?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wait, what? I was under the impression he was like... 20-something.

I think he is! He's just still living with his parents.

Here's the video he's talking about.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Oh, God, when I realized the horrible, horrible disparity between DJ Cookie's avatar and what she likely looks like in real life. 75, chain-smoking Kools in her curlers and nightgown. :stonk:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
She sounds like Dr. Girlfriend.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Theparker posted:

A couple of my friends, and their guild one day decided to raid ironforge with the intention of crashing the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYT0tM9AmmY

Ah, WoW, the good old days. We did this same thing except every major alliance city at the same time.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Friends Are Evil posted:

I thought it was Rayman?

You're right. I just got mixed up since you know... Rayman and Wannabee games are so similar... :downs:.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

wtftastic posted:

Female in gaming woes

We had a similar thing happen recently. Back at the height of TF2, around 2007-2009, I played on a very high-skill (I personally suck) server - a fair few comp-level players and all. I stopped playing for years and came back a few months ago to find that the community was really fractured and the server was dying when it used to be full 24/7. I know that TF2 is just not as popular as it once was, but a lot of it was due to an absentee owner and no attempt to fix the problems with the server. After a year of rationalising, making excuses, and generally being useless, a technically adept pair of lads made a new server and we recently migrated the community, and it seems to be going well.

We have a few lady players and in general they are treated well enough and, though the vastly male player base acts like fuckwits (wouldn't be fun otherwise), they don't harass/hit on/make miserable the few female players. However, we have a young (I presume) lady player who plays sometimes who has a very high-pitched, soft, feminine voice and one of our regulars actually asked her if she was using a voice modulator, apparently unable to grasp that "women sound like this." I literally facepalmed at my desk and then went off on the twit for being that stupid. I'm not going to ask my friends on that server to stop acting like twits and I'm not going to either, but that was just a Crowning Moment of Idiocy. Women in gaming have enough problems without people elevating it to that level of stupidity.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

I really don't get the whole "girl gamer" thing at all anyway.

So you're a girl...that plays video games. What's the big deal? Or do all these OMGGAMERGIRL guys think they're going to seduce her into being their online love puppet or some poo poo? I think it's a phase that a lot of gamers enter, but it seems a fair few never leave it.

Getting hyped over the fact that a female plays video games is just insane to me. Nearly every community I've ever been a part of has a good portion of female members and there was a time I was an OMGGAMERGIRL type because I didn't actually know any girls that played video games, but now it's just...woo? I'll heal you same as I heal everyone else or I'll fill you full of scattergun same as I do everyone else.

Sad reflection on the world that admitting to being a female in a video game likely opens you up to oodles of griefing in some form or another simply for having two X chromosomes. :smith:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

D34THROW posted:

So you're a girl...that plays video games. What's the big deal? Or do all these OMGGAMERGIRL guys think they're going to seduce her into being their online love puppet or some poo poo?

Right on the money. That, or they're MRA fuckwits who think that women genuinely aren't good enough to play videogames.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Alabaster White posted:

Right on the money. That, or they're MRA fuckwits who think that women genuinely aren't good enough to play videogames.
Sometimes it's both at the same time.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

I'm pretty sure that guy with the dragon avatar owns and regularly wears no less than 5 different fedoras.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

D34THROW posted:

Sad reflection on the world that admitting to being a female in a video game likely opens you up to oodles of griefing in some form or another simply for having two X chromosomes. :smith:

Back when Ultima Online was still a big deal I made a female character for the sole reason of getting free stuff, I named my character Charlotte and I would just hang around the big bank in Britan and wait for someone to say "Are you a girl irl?", I'd answer yes and neckbeards would just give me stuff. A fair few shitlords would also ask for pictures, so I would ask for payment first (One guy gave me a deed to a massive house and 4 large ships deeds if I promised to send him "sexy pictures of you ;)" classy.), they would give me an email address and I'd send them tubgirl. The rage was fantastic.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

White Dog Eggs posted:

Back when Ultima Online was still a big deal I made a female character for the sole reason of getting free stuff, I named my character Charlotte and I would just hang around the big bank in Britan and wait for someone to say "Are you a girl irl?", I'd answer yes and neckbeards would just give me stuff. A fair few shitlords would also ask for pictures, so I would ask for payment first (One guy gave me a deed to a massive house and 4 large ships deeds if I promised to send him "sexy pictures of you ;)" classy.), they would give me an email address and I'd send them tubgirl. The rage was fantastic.

We should be friends. :allears:
Also, do you still have any of the rage emails?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

White Dog Eggs posted:

This is beautiful, perfect in form and content.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
From what I've seen, getting beaten by a woman drives some dudes totally insane, like it has completely robbed them of their masculinity, which is pretty much causing immense amounts of grief without even actually trying.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I saw a ton of those sorts of guys on UO as a murderer. Legit, they were some of the preferred targets for my gang.

1. They were guaranteed to be carrying lots of stuff on them (due to peacocking for the cyberladies)
2. They very rarely had any idea what they were doing (and were thus easy kills)
3. The fury they erupted in was always legendary

We ran a few honeypot stings where we'd have one guy play a female and lure these guys to an ambush. It was fun, but the gang generally preferred letting opportunities come to us, rather than manufacturing them. So we didn't do too many of those. Fun while it lasted though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Coolguye posted:

I saw a ton of those sorts of guys on UO as a murderer. Legit, they were some of the preferred targets for my gang.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to have any particularly memorable instances of this?

• Locked thread