Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

13-3 after 6 rounds, Kjaerbye is crushing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

New Zealand can eat me posted:

13-3 after 6 rounds, Kjaerbye is crushing it
Kjaerbae :swoon:

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I started playing this a lot about a month ago after catching some tournament on twitch and thinking "oh yeah, cs." The last time I'd played CS was Source in 2006 now that I think about it, drat. I've gone from silver 3 to silver elite and yesterday I finally made it to level 21 woo. Haven't noticed much of a difference with prime on though. How are people below level 21 able to be in prime games at all??

Anyway, my name is CLARPUS on steam add me yall I suck!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

You can 'prestige' once you hit 40 and then hide the resulting medal to trigger unsuspecting nerds

gently caress this game is SO CLOSE. drat good CS

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's too bad that dignitas didn't mount a comeback I had a real good joke about the Brazilians running out of gas.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

You can 'prestige' once you hit 40 and then hide the resulting medal to trigger unsuspecting nerds

What happens when you do this twice in one year btw

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:gas:

Jesus Christ that friberg awp headshot was insane

The Joe Man posted:

You get a second medal to hide (and probably play too much)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What the gently caress is deathmatch mode. Why would it ever make sense ever to be able to turn off random guns and just buy what you want. Half of everyone was just running around with awps all the time and I had random on and kicked everyones poo poo in by like 300 points to second place and I had joined after it already started. This is an abomination of arms race which already has its own problems.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

drunken officeparty posted:

What the gently caress is deathmatch mode. Why would it ever make sense ever to be able to turn off random guns and just buy what you want.

what? why should people be forced to use random guns?? why would you play with random guns in dm in the first place is a better question

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Any suggestions for my gameplay? I think I've burned the following two lessons into my brain:

- Don't fumble around with grenades like a retard when you need to be ready to trade. Doubly so if sans bind for the nade I want.

- DON'T WALK TOWARD AWPERS YOU MORON!!

if there are more take always I should bring to my next game I'm all ears.

Tyia

Other then the obvious crosshair placement, I'd say to relax a bit. I noticed you panicked a couple times and you sprayed wildly. Take a deep breath, and calmly shoot your gun in bursts.

Having your crosshair preaimed where an enemy could show up will help too. Shots become automatic reflexes this way, and you don't have time to think at all. The less movement you have to make with your mouse, the better.

Edit: I've played against you in a few 1v1 servers, if you ever want to practice some preaiming stuff on a 1v1 server let me know. That's how I got better.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 1, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What the gently caress is deathmatch mode. Why would it ever make sense ever to be able to turn off random guns and just buy what you want. Half of everyone was just running around with awps all the time and I had random on and kicked everyones poo poo in by like 300 points to second place and I had joined after it already started. This is an abomination of arms race which already has its own problems.

This is one of the most bad and wrong posts I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MF_James posted:

This is one of the most bad and wrong posts I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Radio commands work as well as a mic and the ump is better then an ak

1.10@750

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You're all hosed in the head

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

You're all hosed in the head

well yeah that's kind of a given after playing this game for a few or many years

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
For a serious answer, death match is for improving your aim with the gun of your choice (seriously don't play with random guns) and literally nothing else. Valve's DM is bad, you're much better off looking for community DM servers.

Oliester
Jun 26, 2013
banned for 7 days after not playing for 2 months in one kick. system is working as intended

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

canoshiz posted:

For a serious answer, death match is for improving your aim with the gun of your choice (seriously don't play with random guns) and literally nothing else. Valve's DM is bad, you're much better off looking for community DM servers.

Yup, go find the FFA HS servers that poo poo is frustrating as gently caress but it does help a shitload.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

MF_James posted:

Yup, go find the FFA HS servers that poo poo is frustrating as gently caress but it does help a shitload.

but it feels so good when you get into the groove of things and start roleplaying a one-tapping scream in a way you'll never manage in a real game

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Accidentally got used to 1600 @ 2.3, forgot that I toggled up from 800 for DO4M and left it that way, got used to it. Ended up being better for 1440p / my wrist anyways

Who is going to take Overpass? Astralis (~53% over last 15 on OP) or NiP (~74% over last 14) ?

Edit: Have made a habit out of practicing on aim_botz every day with impacts on, has helped a ton with recoil control in tight moments

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Accidentally got used to 1600 @ 2.3, forgot that I toggled up from 800 for DO4M and left it that way, got used to it. Ended up being better for 1440p / my wrist anyways

Who is going to take Overpass? Astralis (~53% over last 15 on OP) or NiP (~74% over last 14) ?

NiP! I love NiP tho so..

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

oh dear that was not a good first round for NiP, MF_James you cursed them !!!!

:eng101:

https://twitter.com/lurppis_/status/804124684845465605

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 1, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008

wish I wasn't at work, or I'd be watching.

Please give play-by-play action in the thread with new posts for each play kkthx

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

MF_James posted:

Please give play-by-play action in the thread with new posts for each play kkthx

They went long with glocks, didn't check that left hand corner, Kjaerbye got a USP 3k and Xyp9x knifed the last one at truck

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Given recent form on overpass, you'd think Astralis were pretty heavy favourites on this map.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jeza posted:

Given recent form on overpass, you'd think Astralis were pretty heavy favourites on this map.

ouch, lefthand corner at site? The second or third person in should always check that :(

I mean, it'd be nice if the first person could, but then they'd get shot from truck ezpz anyway.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

MF_James posted:

on of the specatator cameras went out with the no steam log on error

stump collector
May 28, 2007
will astralis be the 10th different team to win a big lan this year? i think so

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

Popelmon posted:

Yeah I'm on EU. I can't find your name anywhere so feel free to add me, my name on Steam is Popelmon.

Cool - I added you. If anybody else wants into the trashheap, I'm RIGHT HERE - I got dumped into Silver Elite i MM last night, so nothing fancy. I on most nights from 21-01 CET.

//Besides that: Go Go Go, my Astralis bros. Epic match last night! :denmark: :allears:

Lars fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 1, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Oliester posted:

banned for 7 days after not playing for 2 months in one kick. system is working as intended

Lol if you ever get a ban > 30 mins.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Joe Man posted:

Color of the metal changes analogue to the rarity colors of skins. White, light blue, blue, purple, pink, red

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Elman posted:

Lol if you ever get a ban > 30 mins.

How do you even get banned other than hacking or abandoning

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

How do you even get banned other than hacking or abandoning

Reports for abuse and whatnot.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Did they remove the cooldown for vote kicking too much? Haven't seen that one in ages.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

if you manage to get to having 7 day bans at any point, you're probably the problem.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

if you manage to get to having 7 day bans at any point, you're probably the problem.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Optic is making GBS threads all over Mous, this is tough to watch

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

stump collector
May 28, 2007
how could watching optic, america's canada's team win, be tough

stump collector
May 28, 2007
when niko is sitting at around 40-50 adr...it's great

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Extremely frustrating to watch Optic throw a 5v3 with <10 seconds left when there's no way Mous could plant. Tarik waited until after the round ended to yell at them

Fake Edit: I guess Stanislaw is IGL so that's on him IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they didn't lose the round, but yes, horrible

niko however

still poo poo