Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

blatman posted:

I use them so I don't deglove my finger at work, it's fairly common in labor jobs these days
Wait what the gently caress are you doing where there's a serious risk of having all the skin ripped off your finger, but also one that is mitigated by wearing a silicone ring?

None of the stuff I wanted was on special more than like 35c off the usual price, so I just bought stuff anyway. Some of those neat LED glasses for wearing on stage with my band, and some assorted electronic components to try and repair a keyboard that a friend had accidentally fried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I started wearing silicone rings vs my old tungsten ring when I was doing plant maintenance because my apprentice had a degloving incident with his gold wedding band when a piece of equipment that we locked out was unlocked by a supervisor with potatoes for brains, but honestly I wear the silicone ring more for my wife's peace of mind than my own safety (also after the incident, the safety dude banned rigid rings from site, immediately after that supervisor got the boot)

Related, but while silicone rings might not be completely effective at preventing finger circumcision, they do remove the possibility of crimping incidents

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If you're going to pay premium for them, enso does not also sell fash gear and my partner and I have been very happy with ours.

Citrus Sky
Sep 30, 2012
If a tortilla blanket isn't your thing, there's also this bacon blanket:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...df-4df6a6a9dbae

Or how about an egg blanket for your cat?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32895082863.html?scm=1007.17258.143211.0&pvid=b91145cd-518b-4c38-b057-218704df76a4

Maybe your cat needs a bread bed to go with that egg:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33052...-A1573781636410

I'm really tempted to buy those last two, but my cat already has more beds than she needs...

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm gonna need to get a cat, to justify these purchases

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
My new favourite search term for Ali is "iced out".

Shark With Boxing glove

Handicapped symbol pendant

Large Size Cartoon Movie pendant

Marilyn Manson MICKY Pendants

Lovely Purse Doll Pendant

Bling Clown Pendants Necklaces

Ice Out cosplay Clown Pendants Necklaces

Full Iced Out Bling 100 Necklace Gun Rhinestone Rope Chain

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

1010 pound goon? Bound to be at least one.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Citrus Sky posted:

I'm really tempted to buy those last two, but my cat already has more beds than she needs...

Totally bought the toast bed. I don't have a cat.

(but a neat gift for a friend that does :) )

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Diamond goon toilet necklace
e: Rhinestone? Even better!

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Thanks to you I now found a christmas present for my mum

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm gonna need to get a cat, to justify these purchases
Ali should have them for cheap.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

Ali should have them for cheap.

Aren't the rabbit fur products on Ali really cat fur? Now I'm sad :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Killingyouguy! posted:

Aren't the rabbit fur products on Ali really cat fur? Now I'm sad :(

Some is, probably. But as obligate carnivores cats are more expensive to feed than rabbits, so I doubt anyone is farming cats. It's easy to imagine some impoverished people there harvesting stray cats and dogs to make a buck though.

Cheap, low quality fur could be anything. There's no reasonable way to tell, so don't worry about it. In the end rabbit fur isn't really morally or ethically superior to cat fur, we're just more used to it.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Trying to buy some stuff from this site for future birthdays and (hopefully) Christmas. When I tried buying things, I've been asked to verify my identity by photgraphing my debit card and driving licence. Is this normal? I've never been asked this kind of thing before, but I usually only use UK stores to buy things online.

Also, thanks OP for recommending the cool peacock pendant!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Alipay has never asked me for that sort of thing

Are you using an adblocker? I've heard the platform does odd things when you do that.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Chatrapati posted:

Trying to buy some stuff from this site for future birthdays and (hopefully) Christmas. When I tried buying things, I've been asked to verify my identity by photgraphing my debit card and driving licence. Is this normal? I've never been asked this kind of thing before, but I usually only use UK stores to buy things online.

I've bought hundreds of things (oh God....) and never once been asked to do that. Is it individual sellers asking for that? Then it's a scam

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I bought some stuff from a store and it hasn't shipped yet, and the store page is now blank with a link to the new store selling the exact same stuff. Is this common thing?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

GIRL BRAINS posted:

I bought some stuff from a store and it hasn't shipped yet, and the store page is now blank with a link to the new store selling the exact same stuff. Is this common thing?

How long? You likely have to wait out a good deal of the protection then file a dispute, which will go through uncontested.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

GIRL BRAINS posted:

I've had sellers completely disappear from aliexpress and still received my items, it should be fine

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

norp posted:

Alipay has never asked me for that sort of thing

Are you using an adblocker? I've heard the platform does odd things when you do that.

Killingyouguy! posted:

I've bought hundreds of things (oh God....) and never once been asked to do that. Is it individual sellers asking for that? Then it's a scam

I'm currently using the Brave browser on my phone, so that might be it. It also asked me to use USD rather than GBP which I thought was odd, I don't know why that would change anything though.
In an act of impatience I sent them what they requested, which may have been dumb. I don't think it was an individual seller though, it was during the checkout process when I received the message, and the images were sent using the alipay resolution centre.

Thanks guys. I'll update should something weird or exciting happen.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Are you using a vpn?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Let us know what weird things they buy with your bank card!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Flipperwaldt posted:

Are you using a vpn?

No.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Let us know what weird things they buy with your bank card!

Do you think the guys at Ali Express use another, even cheaper website to buy their dangerous electronics and toxic makeup?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Chatrapati posted:

Do you think the guys at Ali Express use another, even cheaper website to buy their dangerous electronics and toxic makeup?

Given how many of my packages are sent straight from Shenzhen, that cheaper website may be 'walking down the street'

u arent nazis
Oct 28, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
daria you are bugging my subvoice

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

blatman posted:

(also after the incident, the safety dude banned rigid rings from site, immediately after that supervisor got the boot)

:grumpy: Good!

I stopped wearing my ring when I tried to deglove my finger on the edge of a pool. There are so many places to catch a ring when you're climbing around - the back of truck, scaffolding, hatches, whatever, and you won't notice until your weight's hanging off it and it's too late.

Hopefully none of that AliExpress silicone is contaminated with some industrial chemical that will make my finger turn green and fall off anyway.

u arent nazis
Oct 28, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hexigrammus posted:

:grumpy: Good!

I stopped wearing my ring when I tried to deglove my finger on the edge of a pool. There are so many places to catch a ring when you're climbing around - the back of truck, scaffolding, hatches, whatever, and you won't notice until your weight's hanging off it and it's too late.

Hopefully none of that AliExpress silicone is contaminated with some industrial chemical that will make my finger turn green and fall off anyway.

rubric how the gently caress are you :-D

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

norp posted:

How long? You likely have to wait out a good deal of the protection then file a dispute, which will go through uncontested.

It was 11/7, I'm not too worried since there's a notice saying if it doesn't ship by a certain time it'll be automatically refunded, but it's just odd

u arent nazis
Oct 28, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wtf is this? Are you okay?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Seems like a worthless troll account.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Even odds are being given on the guy being a stalker refered to in another thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870830

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What point is that image supposed to prove?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing. Go through their post history and it's just gibberish and random pictures.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Lucky guys.. Mirror the logo and you would get a copyright claim by nsdap..
Seriously who would take that as company logo..?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Chalkece posted:

Seriously who would take that as company logo..?

Someone who lived in India in 1893?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wasn't swastika a pretty popular symbol even in the west before the nazis?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yup, Hitler ruined the swastika and the name Adolf for most of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And also that timeless working class 'stache