Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Big Afghanistan energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This kind of happened with the Taliban in Afghanistan, didn't it?

e: aww what! Beaten. Sniped even

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

sleepy gary posted:

Take that, Guernica!

I lust for blood

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
But since Jon Lovitz IS the Critic and that show doesn’t require an ensemble of people it could still work if they brought it back like Beavia and Butthead. Same with Duckman.

I am not advocating for more Duckman.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did you see the flash webisodes? I loved the show but man...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

I am not advocating for more Duckman.

Why not?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

My kids watch new Simpsons. The voices are noticeably different that it's jarring. When we watch Simpsons as a family they know my husband and I will only watch "old Simpsons".

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did you see the flash webisodes? I loved the show but man...

Yeah, exactly. I'm not advocating for more Critic, I'm just saying it's not a complete graveyard. Also it is kind of weird that Jay and his parents are alive but the two kids are dead.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Alterian posted:

My kids watch new Simpsons. The voices are noticeably different that it's jarring. When we watch Simpsons as a family they know my husband and I will only watch "old Simpsons".

Teach your children well. "Classic" not "old", "classic". I'm sure there's some good education reason for making that distinction. ....possibly.

Okay yeah, probably not. Old Simpsons is fine. :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Duckman is a show so very saturated in 1990s culture that seeing it in any other time period would really diminish it.

I watched most of it a few years ago when it was all on YouTube (maybe it still is idk) and I was surprised that more of it held up than didn't, although some of the stuff that didn't hold up really didn't. But a lot of the charm of the show lies in its exasperation with 90s cultural mores and if they do the same thing in 2023, say, it could only come off as either dated or mean spirited. It would be like trying to do Married With Children today.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Love that the example pic is distressingly oriented to look like it's about to spill all the f over you.

I got a blizzard for the first time in like 15 years recently, and part of the handoff was the kid making it turned it upside down right before handing it to me in some dead faced corporate flourish to show off how thick it was.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

sirbeefalot posted:

I got a blizzard for the first time in like 15 years recently, and part of the handoff was the kid making it turned it upside down right before handing it to me in some dead faced corporate flourish to show off how thick it was.

I've heard a story multiple times relatively recently, I think from a coworker but maybe somewhere else, of somebody going from working at DQ to McDonald's, doing that turn it over thing out of habit, and spilling the shake everywhere.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Emily Spinach posted:

I've heard a story multiple times relatively recently, I think from a coworker but maybe somewhere else, of somebody going from working at DQ to McDonald's, doing that turn it over thing out of habit, and spilling the shake everywhere.

Yeah I've heard that but DQ sells drinks and shakes too and the McDonald's equivalent is a mcflurry which would probably be just fine turned upside down

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Late time I got a blizzard was at least 20 years ago and that was definitely a thing you were supposed to do when making it. I've definitely had them spill everywhere when flipped though.

Nubian Sasquatch
May 3, 2007

back dat ass up
Nap Ghost
There's a label next to the drive through window at the DQ near me that basically says "only the first Blizzard in an order will be flipped", I'm assuming because ambient temperatures would make the remaining ones too risky.

But also it implies at least one person complained to store management that their Blizzard didn't get flipped, which is hateful and yet sadly unsurprising

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God that's some dark days poo poo

"I put a quarter in the jar, why is my Cold Stone on-demand performer not serenading me with a song? And where is the smile I WANT THE SMILE"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
For sale: second blizzard, unflipped

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Lol if you don’t keep your Simpson viewing strictly between season 3 and 7

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Funny pics, Lisa needs voicing. Funny pics, Lisa needs voicing. Funny pics, Lisa needs voicing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they're like the fleshlight marketing pictures that show you the textures inside

Or like hentai where you see the uh... spoon, impossibly penetrating all the way back and through the uh... bottom of the cup.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What the hell are you talking about?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

:stare:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lobok posted:

Or like hentai where you see the uh... spoon, impossibly penetrating all the way back and through the uh... bottom of the cup.

been saying this

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Paladinus posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

Let's just say if I was going to make a James Bond hentai it would be called In Her Majesty's Secret Cervix.

Lobok has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Sep 9, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lobok posted:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So uh how about that local sports team

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Data Graham posted:

So uh how about that local sports team

They're much better than the sports team from that other city.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Sep 9, 2023

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lobok posted:

Or like hentai where

No thanks

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Wintermutant posted:

Great marketing pics, DQ

You know, Ben and Jerry's makes that Core ice cream and even they can't make the cross section look that great.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wintermutant posted:

Great marketing pics, DQ

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

You know, Ben and Jerry's makes that Core ice cream and even they can't make the cross section look that great.

Why not show it as a bunch of discs? :psyduck:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Splicer posted:

Why not show it as a bunch of discs? :psyduck:

The easy, attractive way to show this is a giant, delicious looking scoop taken kind of it to show the filling. It's pretty much the standard glamor shot for ice cream, to the point that it shows up in a ton of stock images:

I'll guarantee that the reason you got this is that some dumb focus group person got confused and asked a bunch of questions along the lines of :byodood: DOES IT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM HOW DO I KNOW IT GOES TO THE BOTTOM I AM CONFUSED :byodood: and the graphical design team had to come up with this dumb cross section as a result.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

at this point why not just wear a normal shirt with nothing printed on it?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

Because that wouldn't contribute to the merch revenue of the Something Awful internet forums

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
A core AND chunks is gilding the lily.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Data Graham posted:

God that's some dark days poo poo

"I put a quarter in the jar, why is my Cold Stone on-demand performer not serenading me with a song? And where is the smile I WANT THE SMILE"

Please go back to Jugstore Cowboys Mr Strickland

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

To go the distance the joke really needs an image placeholder for the ball itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

LifeSunDeath posted:

steinrokkan posted:

Because that wouldn't contribute to the merch revenue of the Something Awful internet forums

yeah lol this was official SA merch a million years ago