Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
twenty years from now, all of brazil will be holding a memorial for the twin tragedies of an airplane crash and a train derailment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Up Circle posted:

twenty years from now, all of brazil will be holding a memorial for the twin tragedies of an airplane crash and a train derailment

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol

except it's 13-8 now

stump collector
May 28, 2007
get hosed

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

semi final curse is broken :getin:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Smol posted:

It's the other way around. SK is going to lose on train as well. :denmark:

:smuggo:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Up Circle posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

VIVA LA DENMARK :pcgaming:

Oh, and this means we're gonna have yet another new winner of a big tournament this year. Christ.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The major will be so much more cool when there isn't an obvious and clear favorite. I hope its vp because they play the most exciting cs or nip because I know more about them but I don't give that much of poo poo so long as its exciting.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Xyp9x been crushing it at Eleague.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:denmark: Wasn't astralis supposed to be the Danish B team, or do I have that backwards?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

They were the danish a team who kept loving up dramatically so much that an uninvolved observer might say well poo poo are they really an a team?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I thought Mous was supposed to be the better of the two, I guess that was before all the musical chairs or w/e

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm not like a big esport fanatic but I think the general feeling about mous was its 4 guys weighing niko down while astralis was like 5 guys under performing when it counts.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Goofballs posted:

I'm not like a big esport fanatic but I think the general feeling about mous was its 4 guys weighing niko down while astralis was like 5 guys under performing when it counts.

yea and now it's niko weighing down the two carries, lowel and christkj

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

yea and now it's niko weighing down the two carries, lowel and christkj

Every player has slumps, and he's probably burned out by being carry for so long. He'll be back.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Was he IGL previously or was that a new thing that he also has to do in addition to carrying?

15 Minute warning for Optic vs Faze

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 3, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Was he IGL previously or was that a new thing that he also has to do in addition to carrying?
He's been IGL since gob b hosed off to NRG, I believe.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sound is all hosed up on eleague twitch stream :psyduck:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I find it funny that loving CS:GO gets this match-up over ANY OTHER eSport/Shooter.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I forgot that TBS does this for the primetime friday night game. loving great lol I guess I didn't want to watch anyways

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I understand not getting the analyst stuff on twitch when they do TV, but replays would be nice.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Goddamn K10

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

16-3 for Optic even with K1O playing well

goddamn

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

With most of that T side. Today there were two train derailments.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Soulex posted:

With most of that T side. Today there were two train derailments.

yeah the Brazilians really crashed and burned today.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's hosed up that we don't have a crying brazil flag

OH MY GOD THE DEAG WALLBANG AND THE JUMPING AWP

Stick a fork in FaZe cause they're fuckin DONE

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 3, 2016

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I forgot that TBS does this for the primetime friday night game. loving great lol I guess I didn't want to watch anyways

Wait, twitch has a blackout on certain things because of TBS?

Edit: I'm watching on TBS

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HATTAM posted:

Wait, twitch has a blackout on analysis because of TBS?

yeah, you basically just get in game and casters no special production.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

HATTAM posted:

Wait, twitch has a blackout on certain things because of TBS?

only for the primetime friday slot and (hopefully not) tomorrow's Final. The first Semi is always really good and then I forget about this loving bullshit

FaZe has the first guy pushing onto site holding the bomb (and inevitably getting mowed down dropping bomb further into site)

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

only for the primetime friday slot and (hopefully not) tomorrow's Final. The first Semi is always really good and then I forget about this loving bullshit

TBS only shows CS on Friday night so I assume there it'd be normal for Finals.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HATTAM posted:

TBS only shows CS on Friday night so I assume there it'd be normal for Finals.

nope, eleague finals on TBS tomorrow at 4:00pm

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Less than half the normal viewers on twitch. I'm sure TBS is going to massively overstate record viewership again to make advertising seem like a worthwhile investment

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i would totally rather watch an observer camera with zero commentary than watch on tnt

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Less than half the normal viewers on twitch. I'm sure TBS is going to massively overstate record viewership again to make advertising seem like a worthwhile investment

they've actually done really well on TBS ratings :shrug: there was a ton of people for SK vs Astralis earlier this afternoon

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

There's no way to actually know for sure. I'll still champion the inflated numbers 'for the good of the sport' but I'm not deluded enough to think those are anywhere near accurate

Edit: especially with the media narrative that "millennials dont care about sports / ESPN is dying"

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 3, 2016

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I am always so underwhelmed by the analysis and commentary in csgo in general. I can't think of anyone other than I guess DaZeD who engages me. I much rather watching matches with my own music playing with muted commentary at the expense of ingame sounds.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

There's no way to actually know for sure. I'll still champion the inflated numbers 'for the good of the sport' but I'm not deluded enough to think those are anywhere near accurate

Edit: especially with the media narrative that "millennials dont care about sports / ESPN is dying"

i'm not sure what numbers you're thinking of..TBS doesn't control ratings

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Yes I'm sure the for-profit company founded by the guy who invented the concept of market share is far more accurate lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Yes I'm sure the for-profit company founded by the guy who invented the concept of market share is far more accurate lmao

I mean there are plenty of sources that show they were averaging 180-300,000 on Friday nights which is pretty good.

edit: http://esports-marketing-blog.com/eleague-season-1-by-the-numbers/