Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenothral posted:

Wormholes can be pretty excellent as well! But I think besides that null does have the best space rocks.

With Citadels getting all the new refining boosting upgrades doing industry in holes is going to be a lot simpler and easier since you will be able to refine and compress a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Foehammer007 posted:

hey did you guys already leave SC??

yeah we effectively did, I think we drop alliance today.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Venom Snake posted:

With Citadels getting all the new refining boosting upgrades doing industry in holes is going to be a lot simpler and easier since you will be able to refine and compress a lot easier.

blaaky won't kill himself now yay

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Venom Snake posted:

Oh for sure. I didn't even think about that!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
r

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foehammer007 posted:

blaaky won't kill himself now yay

me and him are currently attempt to figure out how to fix everything since dod left to get smokes and has yet to return

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Kimsemus posted:

this is different from nullsec how

lowsec isn't a double edges sword, lowsec is better than null in every way imaginable except for producing supers.

if lowsec is a double edged sword, both edges print isk.

lowsec is better than null but compared to hisec is much riskier and requires a higher level of attention

probably the best isk-faucet in game is L5 missions, and I can't see CCP not-nerfing them now that the secret on how to make around 1bil/hour is out

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

yo xutech whats up with kugu coming back, any timeframe?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

Most cultures have racist euphemisms. A Chinese derogatory term for Koreans translates to "Korean corncob".

Similarly the English viewed the Welsh as untrustworthy and inferior, from which we get the term "welching" as in "welch on the deal" while in Scotland you can, in polite company, use the term "annoying Welsh shitehead" without anyone really giving a second thought as to whether it is in some way a racist throwback.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Landsknecht posted:

lowsec is better than null but compared to hisec is much riskier and requires a higher level of attention

probably the best isk-faucet in game is L5 missions, and I can't see CCP not-nerfing them now that the secret on how to make around 1bil/hour is out

L5 missions are not an ISK faucet at all. They're an ISK sink.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

So, apparently CCP security dropped two big bombs in their roundtable talks at fanfest:

http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2016/04/bobmon-team-security-and-pandoras-box.html

quote:

CCP Bugartist cut right to the chase and pointed out that the incident Bobmon really addressed with his question involved the twelve I WANT ISK bankers banned for illicit RMT activity in late December/early January. Addressing the accusation that the banning of the bankers involved an inadequate investigation, CCP Bugartist revealed that two members of his staff looked into the matter before any bans occurred. The head of security also revealed that the activities the twelve engaged in were serious and if he had his way, they would still be banned. Furthermore, if any of the returned bankers stepped out of line in any way, he would receive a permanent ban.

So, uh, that's sure a thing. And i mean, I can't keep my bloggers straight but I'm pretty sure nosygamer loathes us so i doubt this is wrong, anyone have a video of that presentation?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure Nosy hates Goons, TMC got permission to syndicate his blog onto the site for a while. Even if he didn't like Goons, he's got more loathing for hackers/RMTers than anything else so I don't think he's making things up.

Also it was a Rountable so it wasn't broadcasted. At best you'll need people to post a soundcloud recording or something.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

So, apparently CCP security dropped two big bombs in their roundtable talks at fanfest:

http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2016/04/bobmon-team-security-and-pandoras-box.html

So, uh, that's sure a thing. And i mean, I can't keep my bloggers straight but I'm pretty sure nosygamer loathes us so i doubt this is wrong, anyone have a video of that presentation?

the fact that a gambling webapp is the biggest strategic advantage in eve is just sad at this point

i get that ccp is all about "emergent gameplay" but really there's not a lot that can justify the current implementation

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

LemonDrizzle posted:

Right, they are a LP faucet. :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
oh yeah also what's up with compulsive eve gamblers? anyone have any stories/names?

I know in many jurisdictions there are voluntary self exclusion programs, I wonder if CCP has ever thought they had a responsibility to players cause I bet lots of people dump a lot into plex and ruin their lives

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

you basically make enough isk to cover the inputs, and the lp is insane for gettting money

im excited for cheap faction ammo though

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

oh yeah also what's up with compulsive eve gamblers? anyone have any stories/names?

I know in many jurisdictions there are voluntary self exclusion programs, I wonder if CCP has ever thought they had a responsibility to players cause I bet lots of people dump a lot into plex and ruin their lives

There was one goon who got banned after he used all his isk on IWI, then borrowed isk, then spent all his income on plex for isk. I don't even think we banned him because of the loan, it was more an oh god get help never come back to this game. I forget his name though, I should dig it up.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Unbanned over the objections of the investigators? CCP's Finance Department probably stepped in. Again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gambling & bets between players existed long before Somer, EVE-Bet, & the rest though.

I think CCP should be heavier handed with these sites and any EULA/TOS violations they make, same with people trying to paywall EVE videos or giveaways on Twitch for subscribers only etc.

I don't really know what else CCP can do other than outright ban EVE gambling sites for letting people make money outside of gameplay, but even then that opens the door for other EVE related sites (eg. TMC, EN24, CZ) to that policy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

There was one goon who got banned after he used all his isk on IWI, then borrowed isk, then spent all his income on plex for isk. I don't even think we banned him because of the loan, it was more an oh god get help never come back to this game. I forget his name though, I should dig it up.

I thought he tried to get a real money fund started on Goonfleet for his "sick wife" and then just turned into PLEX to gamble on IWI?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

ccp should seriously get a PR black eye because while there are many things you can get away with, taking advantage of problem gamblers shouldnt be one of them

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

evilweasel posted:

Carusio. Our token fury.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I thought he tried to get a real money fund started on Goonfleet for his "sick wife" and then just turned into PLEX to gamble on IWI?

he did both

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

i get that ccp is all about "emergent gameplay" but really there's not a lot that can justify the current implementation

"Emergent gameplay" as long as your alliances don't get too big, and as long as you like caps.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Gambling & bets between players existed long before Somer, EVE-Bet, & the rest though.

I think CCP should be heavier handed with these sites and any EULA/TOS violations they make, same with people trying to paywall EVE videos or giveaways on Twitch for subscribers only etc.

I don't really know what else CCP can do other than outright ban EVE gambling sites for letting people make money outside of gameplay, but even then that opens the door for other EVE related sites (eg. TMC, EN24, CZ) to that policy.

News site are generally a solid plus for the game. gambling only serves to generate more income for a single person than entire alliances.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Carusio. Our token fury.

Token fury?

Where are the other two? Or is Carusio just pretending to be a fury?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

News site are generally a solid plus for the game. gambling only serves to generate more income for a single person than entire alliances.

gambling also preys upon highly addictive behavior and the hurt isn't spread across the entire population evenly but rather a small number of addicted people

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

apparently his wife actually was sick, but he probably gambled away the money from that gofundme as well - in all fairness though, it seems it was eve-bet rather than IWI. Still a hosed-up story.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

apparently his wife actually was sick, but he probably gambled away the money from that gofundme as well - in all fairness though, it seems it was eve-bet rather than IWI. Still a hosed-up story.

Depression does some hosed up things to the brain.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

Sure, but my point was that if you say "this site isn't allowed because it generates money for people without actually playing the game" you open a can of worms that I'm pretty sure CCP don't feel like contending with.

I was telling Chickenwing, some of the gambling sites give a very greasy vibe to them (I wouldn't call them RMTers without, you know actual proof) but I've never had issues with the EVE-Bet guys nor have I heard of any drama related to them doing something other than the AT match fixing payment thing but they made a notice ahead of time regarding that.

It'll be interesting if CCP actually come out and say in-game ISK gambling sites are banned. I'd imagine they'll just take a heavier handed approach to them before that though.

evilweasel posted:

That is beyond hosed. The dude should probably get himself help and I wouldn't be shocked if his wife left him over that.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Eonwe posted:

your posts make me happy
Looking at you VideoGames.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

You're being really hyperbolic, or you've never actually done a proper L5 setup. To get anywhere near that isk/hour conversion you need to have:

A carrier in every spawn system (with fits), one or more dedicated mission pullers (with standings), and have to know when/how to sink the LP so you don't waste your isk/LP on a market flood and have to time it when someone else isn't flooding that item. You'd be surprised how few people actually take the time to do this and then not give up after they lose 2-3 carriers in a week.

Not to mention that most of the better L5 hubs are basically owned by entities that will push your poo poo in for fun.

The idea that CCP would nerf L5s in the face of all this, whilst leaving hisec incursions untouched (the REAL isk faucet) is kind of laughable tbh. Though it is :ccp: so who knows.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 25, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Venom Snake posted:

me and him are currently attempt to figure out how to fix everything since dod left to get smokes and has yet to return

You keep this stuff up and I'm going to fall in love with you.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dr. Pangloss posted:

You keep this stuff up and I'm going to fall in love with you.

stop drinking the k00laid

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just found some Azure Plagioclase!!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

That is beyond hosed. The dude should probably get himself help and I wouldn't be shocked if his wife left him over that.

I'd swear the story was she was pretty much fading to gone and he was knee deep in some pretty bad depression. I guess having lost my fiance 11 years ago (holy poo poo I'm getting old) I can kinda understand how one can get super self destructive during periods like that.

I've got nothing but sympathy for the guy. I hope he got help, I hope his wife got better, and I hope that the worst consequence of his depression and her sickness was getting removed from his space guild. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but I still hope.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't think she was the kind of sick that allows that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah I think she was "Soon to be in hospice" and "Discuss end of life options" sick.

I may also be pulling this out of my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone checked the Sort Dragon side-switching timer lately? Now would be an opportune time.

• Locked thread