Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DupaDupa posted:

I mean its probably less McClain's light coming on and more Rod Marrineli is a REALLY loving good coach.
Either way it's fantastic that he's playing as well as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Ozu posted:

@MikeReiss
Filed to ESPN: Source says RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL and MCL.

:rip:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Josh Lyman posted:

Kaepernick seen wearing hot pink Beats walking into the stadium.

It's cool that Kaep gives no fucks. I guess his enrollment in the Jay Cutler Method Correspondence Course™ is paying off.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is out for the year after suffering a lower right leg injury that multiple sources say “is bad”.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Crazy Ted posted:

Either way it's fantastic that he's playing as well as he is.

Absolutely, Rolando McClain suddenly playing like low rent Brian Urlacher will never stop being hilarious.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
:smithfrog:

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Why would Allah let the cowboys be decent again though? What have we done to deserve this?!

*drops to knees*

*tears sackcloth clothes*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nrr posted:

Why would Allah let the cowboys be decent again though? What have we done to deserve this?!

It's honestly a little scary. I wouldn't mind so much if they were just outscoring everyone but they actually seem to be playing a little defense too.

I'm not ready for the Cowboys to be anything but 8-8 forever and I never will be.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Brannock posted:

I don't think there's a chance that Rodgers plays for another decade, though. Five more years, maybe.
A decade would be best case scenario, but I think he's got more than five years left in the tank. He is only 30 now. Manning is 38 and still great.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Good news for the Packers, neither Sam Shields nor Tramon Williams have long-term injuries, and could play as soon as the Panthers game. Lattimore looks like he'll be fine too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They were 5-1 against the NFC East last season. Still plenty of time for 8-8, all about that Week 17, hail Satan

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Panthers’ Greg Olsen: NFL should suspend ankle-twisting Vontaze Burfict

Greg Olsen is correct, and Vontaze Burfict is human garbage.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

A decade would be best case scenario, but I think he's got more than five years left in the tank. He is only 30 now. Manning is 38 and still great.

Peyton Manning is also on the short list of greatest of all time QBs and had success that continually defies all expectations.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Manning and Brady have lasted as long as they have because they don't rely on mobility at all.

Romo is pretty shifty. It'll be interesting to see if he drops off when he loses some of his athleticism.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Rodgers has played somewhere around seven fewer years than Manning and only trails him by about 30 sacks. Important to remember that when comparing their respective longevities.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wacky ol' Vontaze :iamafag:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

@MikeReiss
Filed to ESPN: Source says RB Stevan Ridley tore his ACL and MCL.

Eh, whatever. He hasn't been great this year (mostly due to really poor run blocking outside the Bengals game, and his backups stink, but this isn't huge.

Intruder posted:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is out for the year after suffering a lower right leg injury that multiple sources say “is bad”.

This one though, really sucks. With Hightower a no go as well, they were running a ST and practice squad LB's for the 2nd half of the game, need a warm body there now. Two years with leg injuries mid way through as well, that's bad news for his career.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
^^^^
Y'all caught our injury bug.

In related news, Malaluga and Lamur are missing multiple weeks. The Bengals are gonna have to IR people with temporary injuries and sign street free agents if they even want to dress a whole team vs the Colts.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

lol at "starting to look like a miss". It's been apparent since the guy stepped on the field. He just doesn't have it.

I'm real excited for Will Hill to get on the field

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. I hope he's suspended for a few weeks.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Week 8 crossflex:

Seahawks @ Panthers is now a CBS game

Fox in the most lopsided trade possible receives Texans - Titans as compensation.
Huh. I thought NFC games were exclusive to FOX and AFC to CBS. Guess that's not the case anymore.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Chinatown posted:

Supposedly they are also footing the bill for the fine. Its a pretty funny strategy IMO.

It's a creative way to even out his earnings after signing such a poo poo contract.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grittybeard posted:

It's honestly a little scary. I wouldn't mind so much if they were just outscoring everyone but they actually seem to be playing a little defense too.

I'm not ready for the Cowboys to be anything but 8-8 forever and I never will be.

The good news is they've consistently spotted the opposing team two scores. They won't be able to always overcome that deficit.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cruz had "successful" knee surgery to repair his tear.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

If he tackles somebody with an Angle Slam next week maybe he is just roleplaying

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, with how popular he is, the whole league is going to be watching. You really want every single player in the league see a dude pull some poo poo like that and completely get away with it? They definitely need to take a stand and suspend him.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

nrr posted:

*drops to knees*

*tears sackcloth clothes*

It's dope. It's especially dope that their success is largely attributable to Jerry going full goon draft for the last few years.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Not to worry. If Romo takes another shot like he did from Wagner yesterday then he will not last the season.

Still plenty of time for a Cowboys meltdown.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Marvin Lewis played it off, too. Made a WWF joke. It's what drives me crazy about Marvin.

Any idiot can see that having a linebacker leading your team in tackles cultivate a reputation as a dirty player is going to result in the flag coming out more often, but Marv just treats it like boys being boys. Taking a strong line internally also makes the league less likely to respond. poo poo like that and his weird sack tap against Green Bay doesn't help the Bengals win and is just going to result in more penalties down the line.

Kid is twenty three years old. The coaches need to read him the riot act but they won't 'cause Marv.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm going to go against the grain here and say Burfict should probably only get 1 game at most, with a hefty fine. Now that people are aware of his actions he's not going to get away with it again as everyone is going to scrutinize the hell out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if people are watching old Bengals games looking for more evidence right now.

If he does it again, then slam him with a significant suspension.

also if the NFL just fines him we can all get mad at the NFL blowing it again and it's been too long since we had our righteous fury riled up

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

it's been too long since we had our righteous fury riled up

Its been like three weeks tops

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Huh. I thought NFC games were exclusive to FOX and AFC to CBS. Guess that's not the case anymore.

They used to do it only at the end of seasons. If one network's offerings were dire, they could grab a secondary game from the other network to give a wider audience.

They've decided to expand that program to start in week 5 from now on.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its been like three weeks tops

Yeah and we've eased off the gas pedal as football placates us into warm slumber. Just like the NFL wants.

I want fury again

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

If you told me it was Jason Elam out there trying to cover and I didn't know any better I'd believe you.

Elam's so bad he managed to make me miss Ihedigbo. Ihedigbo making plays in 2013 was the funniest poo poo ever.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can see that ankle twisting poo poo most games if you look for it, but to do it that blatantly, and on TDs no less where the play is LITERALLY GUARANTEED to be dissected over and over again by NFL officials. That's not just dirty, it's loving stupid. I'm so disappointed in Bengals coaching for not jumping all over this.

Maybe it's cause I'm a teacher but my first thought goes to the people who are supposed to be teaching him. What possible motivation could you have to stick up for him? All you're doing is reinforcing negative behavior that will harm your team.

I mean, what's the "best" case scenario? Cam gets hurt, 16 cameras record you hurting him after the play was over. Congrats, you have an 8 game suspension on your best defensive player. At least now you don't have to worry about a marquee NFC rival in the playoff race! ... Wait.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
News:

Views: :stare:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Truth is Burfict was having a lovely game yesterday, too. Probably has a lot more to do with it than anything else.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They were 5-1 against the NFC East last season. Still plenty of time for 8-8, all about that Week 17, hail Satan

So? Cowboys have played no NFC East games yet. Cowboys are going to sweep Giants and Redskins and, I hope, split or sweep the Eagles. They're going to the playoffs. The Eagles might as well.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

You can see that ankle twisting poo poo most games if you look for it, but to do it that blatantly, and on TDs no less where the play is LITERALLY GUARANTEED to be dissected over and over again by NFL officials. That's not just dirty, it's loving stupid. I'm so disappointed in Bengals coaching for not jumping all over this.

Maybe it's cause I'm a teacher but my first thought goes to the people who are supposed to be teaching him. What possible motivation could you have to stick up for him? All you're doing is reinforcing negative behavior that will harm your team.

I mean, what's the "best" case scenario? Cam gets hurt, 16 cameras record you hurting him after the play was over. Congrats, you have an 8 game suspension on your best defensive player. At least now you don't have to worry about a marquee NFC rival in the playoff race! ... Wait.

I think even more than a suspension that big, the main risk is that the opposing team would go out of its way to step on Dalton's wrist or Bernard's ankle or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I don't understand this league sometimes. The entire point of it is to make money off rubes like me, but all I want is to give them money for a black Jason Peters jersey and they don't seem to have it available anywhere right now.

• Locked thread