Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Can anyone explain the A2B thing that seems to be what everyone uses? The guides aren't overly clear that I've googled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tai posted:

Can anyone explain the A2B thing that seems to be what everyone uses? The guides aren't overly clear that I've googled.

It's not that great anymore, due to power creep.

Basic idea is you slot purple technician doffs from b'tran, each of which gives a chance to recharge your boff abilities when auxillary power to the emergency battery is activated. Then spam A2B to keep all your other cooldowns low.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Getting those crew though, involves a lot of missions over a lot of days. A process I began to refer to as the 'B'tran Doff march'.

I think I got one of them eventually.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Are there any other funky things that I should look to be doing if A2B is a bit meh due to power creep (whatever that is).

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRo9fdxPII

A video of that torpedo bug I was talking about with the new rep set.

hilarious.

Notice that the pubbie is so bad that even with the bug it takes him forever to kill things.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Tai posted:

Are there any other funky things that I should look to be doing if A2B is a bit meh due to power creep (whatever that is).

A2B is gonna be your best option for a lot of ships as a space poor. I still use it on alts I don't want to spend money gearing up. You can also run it fairly well with 3 green technicians and two copies of aux2batt while you work on getting the B'tran purples.

What are you flying?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Tuskin38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRo9fdxPII

A video of that torpedo bug I was talking about with the new rep set.

hilarious.

The first viable way to use torpedoes and cryptic is probably gonna ban everyone's accounts using it while declaring it an exploit, etc. etc. Almost makes me want to play again.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Notice that the pubbie is so bad that even with the bug it takes him forever to kill things.

Yeah, I was going to say, that looks like it sucks rear end. It's taking him five times longer to kill things than even a minimally competent beam build. It does look rad, though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

To be fair, they were on elite difficulty from the look of the video. Still kinda slow though. :effort:

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Is there an upper limit to this bug? I mean, if you opened with a High Yield III, would that just jump you right up to four torpedos at a time, eight once that recharges, then twelve, etc?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

kafziel posted:

Is there an upper limit to this bug? I mean, if you opened with a High Yield III, would that just jump you right up to four torpedos at a time, eight once that recharges, then twelve, etc?

Not sure. The most I've had at a time is 8, with 4 from High Yield and 4 from the Point Defence console. Also the extra torpedoes have a 360 Degree firing arc. They only come out of one hard point though, so you can have torpedoes coming out of the front of your ship making a sharp U-Turn.

have a few more videos of it, none of them are mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHj9UtoFSRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdMr0ZV6og
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzO6g0s7Bg

That last video, the bug persists even while dead.

Also currently on tribble, you can assign Admirality Ships to DOFF missions, so you get gems like this

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 3, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Lagomorphic posted:

A2B is gonna be your best option for a lot of ships as a space poor. I still use it on alts I don't want to spend money gearing up. You can also run it fairly well with 3 green technicians and two copies of aux2batt while you work on getting the B'tran purples.

What are you flying?

Ha'Fah right now

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tuskin38 posted:

Also currently on tribble, you can assign Admirality Ships to DOFF missions, so you get gems like this

Hey HEY! That is exocomp's time slot!

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Can Kevos Setzer@Kevos get an invite to TheNextGooneration?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Whoops, giving away how Admiralty is literally just doffing in a new tab.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

MikeJF posted:

Whoops, giving away how Admiralty is literally just doffing in a new tab.

Except they charge $30 for the doff

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kevos Setzer posted:

Can Kevos Setzer@Kevos get an invite to TheNextGooneration?

You're invited.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lagomorphic posted:

Except they charge $30 for the doff

I bet they sell a few more "bargain" $50 ship packs now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's also a lot more obvious why they went to such great lengths to strip decent XP rewards from doffing, too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

It's also a lot more obvious why they went to such great lengths to strip decent XP rewards from doffing, too.

Yep. My thoughts went from "incompetent" to "obvious monetisation" way too slowly this time around.

Maybe I just expected incompetent based on prior experiences?

No wait it's PWE/Cryptic. There's room for both.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
to be fair they did give us the doffing xp they nerfed back pretty quickly by adding it to the year of hell lockbox.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Obvious incompetent monetization.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Technical Analysis posted:

Obvious incompetent monetization.
What, the upgrade system wasn't a clear enough indication of that?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I just found out SWTOR has disco balls.

Gonna be hard justifying coming back to STO.

Warpigeon
Aug 8, 2002
Daddy
Can WarPenis@agentsmug get an invite to TheNextGooneration?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone have a leach for sale? Rather hand money to a goon rather then a pubbie.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Berke Negri posted:

No no no. they have a Droid that puts up a hologram that says "ONLY SUBSCRIBERS CAN SEE THE DISCO". Except it's bugged, so even if you're a subscriber it tells you that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

By the way, Butts, great job on getting our pick of soundtrack into The Martian.

I can definitely say all science fiction movies are vastly improved by disco. Given how well the film's doing, our talks with JJ should go forward.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Warpigeon posted:

Can WarPenis@agentsmug get an invite to TheNextGooneration?

Done

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Rahhmi posted:

No no no. they have a Droid that puts up a hologram that says "ONLY SUBSCRIBERS CAN SEE THE DISCO". Except it's bugged, so even if you're a subscriber it tells you that.

I was dancing. I saw the truth of the disco ball, you can't dissuade me.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Berke Negri posted:

I, too, have danced in a world devoid of he love of Dear Leader. We bring his message.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

But does it make pubbies cry rape.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Berke Negri posted:

The game is actually surprisingly good. Don't get me wrong, the combat is still kind of uninspired and the free to play is still very poo poo but if you squint a bit and don't want to raid you can invest like 40 bucks and be perfectly fine and do the parts that are fun; Story is still okay and the star fighter PvP is super fun, you can even hold your own against the super spergs who have maxed everything when starting out. At least those guys managed to keep their lock boxes cosmetic only. Also their new expansion is looking pretty cool.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 5, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, I've been playing swtor a bit lately and it's a lot better than it was, plus the new expansion coming up has a lot of QoL fixes which will be nice.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It's now been nearly 8 days since Xean logged into sto.

rip

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

hakimashou posted:

It's now been nearly 8 days since Xean logged into sto.

rip

He put a block of thermite through his computer after he realized he was compromised. It'll be a while yet before he gets his new "dental free" computer. Which reminds me, when's the next Klondike drop for Dell?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Edit:
Think he's got his poo poo together now.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 5, 2015

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Dell's headquarters is in Texas; I think we've still got some safe Blue Bell ice cream in storage. I hear they're getting antsy, what with the recalls and all. I'll arrange the drop for Wednesday or Thursday.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

:barf:

:barf:

T6 Dreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guramba Destroyer... Dreadnought?

Ah well, whatever, T6 Guramba with a hanger deck sounds good to me!

• Locked thread