Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Fruity Rudy posted:

more Freepers talking coronavirus encounters

SAD! DO SOMETHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Plinkey posted:

You can also make DC PIE MAN or DC P ANIME

who knows what it all means

DC Pie Man:

People sometimes refer to pizza as "pizza pie"
They serve pizza at Comet Ping Pong which is located in... Washington, DC.

Much like everything else in life, this ties in with Pizzagate.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Holy poo poo that catnipman post no way am I reading it all

I assume he'll die from ingesting fish tank cleaner within the next few weeks

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

myron cope posted:

Holy poo poo that catnipman post no way am I reading it all

I assume he'll die from ingesting fish tank cleaner within the next few weeks

Literally every freeper will die because the only ones taking it seriously are guzzling fish tank cleaner

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The bickering, madness and arguments in this thread are a perfect encapsulation of what's going on in the right wing in America right now.

I am an ER MD in New Orleans. Class of 98. Every one of my colleagues have now seen several hundred Covid 19 patients and this is what I think I know.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3828374/posts

(linked article is a blog post, a Texas Aggies board lol, describing the typical appearance and clinical course of Covid 19 in a fair amount of detail, entirely consistent with current medical knowledge so I have no reason to disbelieve that blog poster's cred and it's actually a good post worthy of a read.)

quote:

To: Vermont Lt
FR is getting old with the tit for tat flu vs not flu simplistic antics. Cut the crap.

46 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:19:36 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)

quote:

To: AAABEST
“The kill rate is 14x higher in fact. “

BS. The actual FACT is that many have had this critter without involving hospitals. If estimates of those people are correct then this thing is 1/10th as deadly as the flu.

That’s a FACT, Jack!

47 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:19:50 PM by CodeToad (Arm Up! They Have!)

quote:

To: shanover
You haven’t really been paying attention have you? Go back to the first coronavirus threads (three or four in) and see who was posting them. Duh. My post was sarcasm.

You old folks are getting scared now that its real. I can smell in on you. After a month of pissing all over us, you are starting to see that its here. And its not the friggin flu.

That’s good. Because if you are not reacting, you wont get ready. And as you know...its already too late.

55 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:22:16 PM by Vermont Lt

quote:

To: CodeToad
That’s a FACT, Jack!
Your "facts" are for fkn imbeciles...fkn imbecile. You're using imaginary numbers not in your possession. That's how imbeciles come to conclusions, then go around proudly announcing how fkn stupid they are... like you're doing now.

You ever see critical beds getting full like this during flu season? What's going on in Italy happens during flu season?

Flubros need to be put in the idiot corner and ignored and/or made of.

62 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:26:37 PM by AAABEST (NY/DC/LA media/political/military industrial complex DELENDA EST)

quote:

To: Vermont Lt
New Orleans is an overcrowded, closed in city with many poor people....
I would have liked the good dr to state something about the history of these people coming to the er..

..smokers probably COPDer's.

..obviously diabetic, which also means kidney disease,

and probably pretty overweight population...

..and since NO is the "chocolate city" I imagine a lot of black people are there which means a historic population with high blood pressure....

this virus hits people that are living on borrowed time...most of them, not all...

I regret their deaths, but tired of the people shouting fire in the movie theatre...there is a reason people are susceptible to disease...

67 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:28:23 PM by cherry (])

quote:

You realize the flu - all combined strains have killed FAR more people this year than COVID right?

72 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:29:47 PM by miliantnutcase

quote:

To: BusterDog
Not good. Plaquenil Is hydroxychloroquine. He’s giving his patients that and the zpac with little or no effect. Hopefully with refined dosage, it’ll kick in. Bookmarking his post to read future updates, if any.

102 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:41:20 PM by Nicojones

This below is a very common argument from Covid deniers that I have had made personally to me by an orthopedic surgeon I worked with, *waves hand expansively in air* "there are untold gazillion untested cases meaning the actual mortality of this thing is like zero":

quote:

Why is this NOT information to base a response on?

His numbers are based one those who presented at the Hospital. For example 80 something % mild symptoms, 5% critical, etc.

What about the untold masses who are symptomless? Which I think is the majority. So then it’s NOT 5%. Lets say they hare missing 80% of the cases (a fair geuss) then they real critical rate is <1%.

IF 5% critical was true, then new would have Tens of thousands dead - a reminder 20-70,000 die a year due to Flu.

Stop with the Hysteria based on Junk Science.

106 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:43:35 PM by BereanBrain

Osage Orange is literally posting only zero content posts to badger anyone posting something he doesn't like to hear asking their medical credentials.

quote:

To: Osage Orange
“Do you have any medical training at all?”

I didn’t write it. I don’t ask you how much legal training you have when you run your mouth about Supreme Court opinions.

As if I’ve offered any opinion at all on it (I do have one), I just posted the link to this Dr’s story.

You are Mad, FluBro, and not in the “angry” sense of the word.

119 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:49:19 PM by BusterDog

quote:

To: Professional
You’re only doing your math on the worst case scenarios, and when another terminal illness may have been the leading cause of death.
I haven't done any math on any scenarios. The math already has been done on every single person in every scenario whom has been tested thus far - we have that data and the math has been done.

Your "math" is not math at all. You have no input data whatsoever yet rear end-U-ME that there are multitudes who have the disease, but somehow the untested have vastly different results than the tested.

IOW, you're the math-idiot, not everyone else. Not only do you suck at math, but science and debating too.

122 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:50:11 PM by AAABEST (NY/DC/LA media/political/military industrial complex DELENDA EST)

To: stockpirate; AAABEST
Actually the death rate is 1.39%.....not 14x....it’s lower then the flu....

I am pretty sure I have read, multiple times, that the death rate for the common flu hovers around 0.1%.
124 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:50:51 PM by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)

quote:

To: stockpirate
Actually the death rate is 1.39%.....not 14x....it’s lower then the flu....
Okay if you want to niggle, in the US death rate is only around 10x the flu.

In Italy, mostly because of running out of beds, it's like SIXTY times the death rate of the flu. If we're not careful, we'll run out of beds too.

Any more minutia you'd go through. I have some tweezers somewhere.

134 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:53:49 PM by AAABEST (NY/DC/LA media/political/military industrial complex DELENDA EST)

quote:

To: CodeToad
“If estimates of those people are correct then this thing is 1/10th as deadly as the flu.”

Please show us the math.

Right. You can’t. You’re full of crap.

183 posted on 3/25/2020, 10:16:06 PM by calenel (Don't panic. Prepare and be vigilant. Join the war effort. On the human side.)

This post below, I can't even

quote:

To: frog in a pot
There are trillions and trillions of dollars at stake. The pending emergency relief to the United States, is but one example.

Irony: China is going to find out that our POTUS is a very astute student of Sun Tzu.

Payback’s a bitch!

187 posted on 3/25/2020, 10:18:06 PM by freepersup (BQQM!)

Well maybe you should read a little more, bigdaddy45

quote:

To: CatOwner
I’ve never heard of a flu where 14% of people require hospitalization

205 posted on 3/25/2020, 10:29:04 PM by bigdaddy45

quote:

To: Professional
Why so insistent in pushing this hoax?

I’m involved with math professionally as part of my job.

Reading those two statements, in the way your post juxtaposes them, is as ironic as it is scary. It's incredible that anyone anywhere is calling this a HOAX still - after Italy, first hand accounts from known people and first-responders here... and just everything else.

My brother is in NY and this has killed three of his friends' family members. You have to have your temperature taken to get into supermarkets. Stuff like that doesn't happen during flu season. Our hospitals don't get critical beds and exasperated staff during flu season. During flu season, the entire nations medical and science communities (from whatever political persuasion) don't come out in unison like this and tell us this to take this very seriously. I could go on.

I just have FReepers in my inbox - what they describe is NOTHING whatsoever like flu season.

But this is a hoax - and you're, I'm sorry, just taking the position of a damned imbecile. Despite your being "involved with math professionally as part of my job" whatever that means.

209 posted on 3/25/2020, 10:31:01 PM by AAABEST (NY/DC/LA media/political/military industrial complex DELENDA EST)

Shows how little people understand about any of this. Hospitals are not admitting people who are stable, including many with pneumonia, if they are stable. This happened to a good friend of mine who has bilateral viral pneumonia (likely covid 19, awaiting test result) and is convalescing at home. They're only admitted if they require oxygen or other support or are about to crump in a serious way.

quote:

To: PA Engineer
More than 25% of the patients who he sees in the ER have multilobar pneumonia? One would presume that he’s admitting patients with pneumonia, too. Which would mean that the percentage of pneumonia patients he sees exceeds 25% of his daily encounters.

Unless his ER has a respiratory hall where he is exclusively stationed (which seems doubtful, since it must be a relatively small hospital if there are only 20-some-odd ICU beds), I don’t buy it.

324 posted on 3/26/2020, 3:17:52 AM by GOPmember

Ain't this just SOME country we got here! No doubt RummyChick will blame Cuomo or the NYC hospitals for not having enough gear for their nurses, nothing the federal government could have done to help!

quote:

To: RummyChick
this story infuriates me.

I thought mt sinai was a premiere hospital. And they had to wore garbage bags

206 posted on 3/25/2020, 10:29:10 PM by RummyChick

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is this the first thing to really tear apart the Freep community? They can fall into lock-step on everything normally, but this is something finally big and serious enough that they're seeing consequences in person and can't just obey Daddy.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Freepers don’t know what pneumonia is, and are trying to say it’s a different specific disease rather than a description of the state of your lungs.

Dumbest timeline.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
One other one where they were at each others throats was the issue of Trump potentially endorsing red flag gun laws for people who could be potentially dangerous due to previous acts of violence or other contributing factors. I am guessing there was a shitload of guys on the forum who had previously committed felonies or were on the record for domestic abuse and would have had their guns taken from them if it had gone through.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
In a better world, I'd hope the sane-ish freepers will take note of how their compatriots are being incredibly stupid about this and maybe start to wonder if they're being incredibly stupid about a lot of other stuff as well.

This is not a better world, though, I know.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

chitoryu12 posted:

Is this the first thing to really tear apart the Freep community? They can fall into lock-step on everything normally, but this is something finally big and serious enough that they're seeing consequences in person and can't just obey Daddy.

You grossly underestimate their ability to retcon their most deeply held beliefs

They do it every time

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The Dark Project posted:

One other one where they were at each others throats was the issue of Trump potentially endorsing red flag gun laws for people who could be potentially dangerous due to previous acts of violence or other contributing factors. I am guessing there was a shitload of guys on the forum who had previously committed felonies or were on the record for domestic abuse and would have had their guns taken from them if it had gone through.

Don't the libertarians and the religious moralists tend to fight over weed?

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

It's pretty timid though. A few jabs back and forth between posters saying "I should be allowed to put whatever I want in my body!" on one side and "You're all a bunch of degenerate hippies!" on the other. It doesn't really arc up as much as it used to, especially with weed being decriminalised or even legal in a bunch of states now.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Jurgan posted:

Don't the libertarians and the religious moralists tend to fight over weed?

Ya weed is one of their fissure lines. You also get an amusing regional one regarding the civil war where (only some, sadly) northern freepers will regard Lincoln as a REPUBLICAN hero and southern ones a bloodthirsty FEDERAL tyrant so they can’t nail down a consistent narrative for it. Covid actually being life or death is certainly adding some spice though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Any new freepers on the obits site from covid yet?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Plinkey posted:

Any new freepers on the obits site from covid yet?

Most of them don't go outside.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Scarpetta posted:

What's in your medical home kit to survive COVID-19?
March 26, 2020 | Scarpetta

Posted on 3/27/2020, 1:46:31 AM by Scarpetta

If the hospitals are unable to handle the patient load, and you are coming down with symptoms that may suggest you have the coronavirus, what have you stocked to self-care at home? I'm looking for essentials items that I haven't considered.

His provisions?

Scarpetta posted:

Emergen-C; Mucinex; Room humidifier; Personal humidifier; Cold Eeze (zinc); Colloidal silver; UV light (to sanitize PPE equipment); Tonic water (quinine); Thermometer; Creomulsion Adult Cough Medicine; Heating pad and ice packs;
1 posted on 3/27/2020, 1:46:31 AM by Scarpetta

Jesus Christ.

Person in thread tells him it's useless.

Rober DeLong posted:

To: Scarpetta
Colloidal silver

Worthless.

From the Mayo Clinic:

Colloidal silver isn't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. Nor is it an essential mineral, as some sellers of silver products claim.
14 posted on 3/27/2020, 1:51:55 AM by Robert DeLong

And his reply;

Scarpetta posted:

To: Robert DeLong

I’ve sprayed it into my mouth when I felt a sore throat coming on. It’s always worked for me.

21 posted on 3/27/2020, 1:54:02 AM by Scarpetta (I)

So many of these people are going to die if they get infected. Might as well take Smeckler's Powder ffs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No colloidal silver absolutely works against covid because if you walk around looking like a three week old corpse nobody will go within two meters of you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tonic water is actually not a completely insane off the wall idea if antimalarials have any chance of working. At least it wouldn't be if modern tonic water wasn't limited to several orders of magnitude less quinine than is necessary for it to be effective.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 27, 2020

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

quote:

I’ve sprayed it into my mouth when I felt a sore throat coming on. It’s always worked for me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

Tonic water is actually not a completely insane off the wall idea if antimalarials have any chance of working. At least it wouldn't be if modern tonic water is limited to several orders of magnitude less quinine than is necessary for it to be effective.
If you bought fancy tonic water that actually uses cinchona bark and not a microscopic pinch of quinine powder, you'd only have to drink about 6 liters a day to have some medical effect.

Some medical effect can include deafness and loss of balance though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

If you bought fancy tonic water that actually uses cinchona bark and not a microscopic pinch of quinine powder, you'd only have to drink about 6 liters a day to have some medical effect.

well that explains a lot about my gin & tonic habit

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Guavanaut posted:

That latter bit also happens with 6 litres of gin.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Guavanaut posted:

You forget the, and I quote, horrific erotic nightmares that another goon reported, at least for the hydro stuff.:gonk:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

One thing I want to note about the Freep posts regarding a lift of the lockdown happening concurrently with the testing of that one drug, that is particularly stupid: Drugs don't magically appear on store shelves after testing is complete. The tests have to be reviewed, the drug has to be manufactured in its final form, then that has to be tested to make sure there weren't any issues during production, the packaging needs making, instructions have to be written, then the drug has to be shipped out nationwide.

The only two reasons behind re-opening the nation now is to coincide with Easter for brownie points with the religious right and to keep money in Trump's own pocket/please the owners of companies who are too shortsighted to realize shutting them down saves money in the long run.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

StratGoatCom posted:

You forget the, and I quote, horrific erotic nightmares that another goon reported, at least for the hydro stuff.:gonk:

I'm sorry did you type that correctly

not that I dont believe that it's possible but you'd think there'd've been a web forum full of people who are into it

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

One of the side effects of a normal dose is really vivid and weird dreams. I don’t remember much of mine anymore, but that was part of the reason I stopped taking the drug. Dreams got so weird over the course of a few days that I would be dreading going to sleep every night. We aren’t talking about your normal nightmares, this was the next level up. Like “5ft tall squirrels with razor blades for teeth vivisecting someone you had a crush on way back when” or “insects now rule the planet, and they’re getting their revenge for every one of their kind who ever had their legs ripped off by a kid (come for the screams of pain, stay for the piles of body parts they’re feasting on!)”.

Other people have described waking up thinking they were in a fight to the death and losing...then leaping out of bed cranked up on adrenaline and unable to sleep for a few hours (while scaring the poo poo out of their roommates).

You don’t take that drug unless you have to. Even then, get ready for a ride through a place that fever dreams sometimes fear to tread.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The gin was to get you smashed enough to go to sleep.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is calling people flubro a new thing? cause I kind of like it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zwabu posted:

“The kill rate is 14x higher in fact. “

BS. The actual FACT is that many have had this critter without involving hospitals. If estimates of those people are correct then this thing is 1/10th as deadly as the flu.

That’s a FACT, Jack!

47 posted on 3/25/2020, 9:19:50 PM by CodeToad (Arm Up! They Have!)

This one is priceless. I guess 10,000 + die from the flu within a month in Italy every year, huh

chitoryu12 posted:

This is a challenge for them. Freep is mostly old bastards and they all know this thing is able to kill them by the score no matter what they do. So it's a mix of them taking it seriously and the others being scared dickless and trying to convince themselves the orange man is right

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 30, 2020

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Freep is starting to fracture as Trump acknowledges that Corona virus is a real thing.

Trump Announces CDC's Social Distancing Guidelines Have Been Extended

quote:

To: bjcoop
I was in a pretty good mood all day today. After hearing this a few minutes ago, it’s really difficult for me to have any hope for the future of this nation.

By all means, take all the money I’ve worked for all my life, and lock me down for who knows how many more weeks and months.

I might be done.

6 posted on 3/29/2020, 5:38:36 PM by NorthWoody (A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
Latest Freep hot take: The states have too much power!

quote:

To: david1292
It’ll go beyond that. They just don’t want to shock everyone.
Gradually tightening the noose.

The power drunk Governors will really go full Nazi now.

20 posted on 3/29/2020, 5:45:36 PM by lightman (I am a binary Trinitarian. Deal with it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]
Threatening to murder doctors, no biggie

quote:

To: wastoute
I am prediction a bad out come for the medical community if they continue this hoax. It will be open season on the old and those wearing stethoscopes preaching this madness. You are going to have more than a mostly harmless novel virus to worry about. Arm yourself doc.

41 posted on 3/29/2020, 5:55:46 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Kaslin
And another round of bailouts will be needed...

Mr. President, I fear you are all wrong.

This may very well destroy the country and after prayers at Easter many of us will move on with our lives, in defiance of givernment orders.

68 posted on 3/29/2020, 6:04:04 PM by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0ndRzaz2o)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Trump Girl Kit Cat
he’s too worried about getting reelected. that’s why he was so focused on giving away $2 TRILLION

78 posted on 3/29/2020, 6:07:08 PM by spacejunkie2001
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

quote:

To: spacejunkie2001
That is what it is. Doesn’t give a crap about future Americans. All he wants is to be re-elected. Screw him. I’m done.

83 posted on 3/29/2020, 6:09:03 PM by Codeflier (Covid-19 taught me: Two types of "conservatives", frightened safety seekers vs. freedom lovers)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]
Yes...Eat your own!

quote:

To: Kaslin
Trump talked about how everyone is coming together to fight this and how we are all working together...
And I thought: "No - not the flu bros - they are fighting you at every turn and second-guessing your every move and complaining - undermining you and do not support ANY decision you have made. You say Fauci is brilliant (just said it today) - they say he's a deep-state tool. They are the only ones not behind you Mr President. They are the only ones not working with you - they are against you...although they act like they are.

They are your enemy.

84 posted on 3/29/2020, 6:09:31 PM by NELSON111 (Congress: The Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog s<how. Theater for sheep. My politics determines my "hero")

quote:

To: Gahanna Bob
Trump has no idea what he’s doing. They’re all sheep. Afraid of the democrats, afraid of the polls, but not afraid to destroy everyone in this country from their ivory tower.

America as we knew it is probably gone. I hope I’m wrong.

93 posted on 3/29/2020, 6:15:23 PM by NorthWoody (A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies]

quote:

To: thesearethetimes...
Not voting. No difference. Dumb choice you present.

152 posted on 3/29/2020, 7:05:55 PM by Codeflier (Covid-19 taught me: Two types of "conservatives", frightened safety seekers vs. freedom lovers)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 142 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Spirochete
“It’s a communist power grab.”

POTUS must be in on it, right?

Or, is he just a dupe?

206 posted on 3/29/2020, 8:43:10 PM by Mariner (War Criminal #18)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mariner
Or, is he just a dupe?
Thus far, yes. He's going to sign the bailout.

216 posted on 3/30/2020, 9:09:46 AM by Spirochete (GOP: Gutless Old Party)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 206 | View Replies]

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You love to see it.

How many times in the past have they fractured and required purges? They've gotta be running out of people to Old Yeller.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Warmachine posted:

You love to see it.

How many times in the past have they fractured and required purges? They've gotta be running out of people to Old Yeller.

Dozens of times by now.

Soon it'll be just the ghost of Dale Reed yelling at the website to lie down in the street and die.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Northwoody has to be a troll. Or just utterly clueless.

Like what are they actually complaining about here? That Trump went back on his promise to end the lockdown?

I mean, I get it, they've convinced themselves he is a schemer who is just making all these super cool decisions based on super secret information, rather than a bumbling grifter who doesn't understand half his briefings on a good day, and just throws out random ideas he thinks sound good right at that point.

But they only want the lockdown to end cuz Fox said they should and painted it as being some Dem plot...

Huh, guess I just answered my own question. The propaganda hasn't had a proper chance to update yet and they're perilously close to experiencing cognitive dissonance, so they just get mad instead.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

evilmiera posted:

Northwoody has to be a troll. Or just utterly clueless.

Like what are they actually complaining about here? That Trump went back on his promise to end the lockdown?

I mean, I get it, they've convinced themselves he is a schemer who is just making all these super cool decisions based on super secret information, rather than a bumbling grifter who doesn't understand half his briefings on a good day, and just throws out random ideas he thinks sound good right at that point.

But they only want the lockdown to end cuz Fox said they should and painted it as being some Dem plot...

Huh, guess I just answered my own question. The propaganda hasn't had a proper chance to update yet and they're perilously close to experiencing cognitive dissonance, so they just get mad instead.

The interesting part about the fight is that Trump is the bad guy in both sides. One believes he was wrong about the virus because they're seeing their friends and family (possibly themselves too) getting infected after he said it was no big deal, the other believes it's a hoax and can only accept that Trump is either a dumb patsy or actively part of the conspiracy.

They would inevitably turn on him after he leaves office and declare that they never liked him in the first place (like they've done with Romney, McCain, etc.), but this pandemic has caused the fractures to begin before the primaries are even done. We're finally faced with a crisis that he can't just lie about to make disappear.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean, maybe? But we heard that one before. And there's people who absolutely hate even the notion of handouts declaring one moment the 1200 bucks thing was their limit, then just days later they're back to propping Trump up based on some new conspiracy theory. And now they're declaring all these people dying is because impechment was distracting Trump in January so he couldn't do his job, and there's international corporations and China to blame, and hey because of the circumstances if less than 200k people die then Trump's the best President ever.

We presume that Trump supporters and Freepers in particular care about reality, but they kinda don't.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
sooooo, how's freep handling the pandemic? are they all intentionally getting sick to show how its just the flu and then dying?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fruity Rudy posted:

more Freepers talking coronavirus encounters

:bisonyes:

love watching their hubris run up against their own peers dying from it

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Most of this thread is kind of boring but this post in particular is amazing

Flubros! Day 12 (Flubros/bras only)

Dipping my fingers in poo poo to own the libs

quote:

To: All
I’m in construction & just to the south of Charlotte. In our Safety Huddle every morning I try to find an interesting way to make the the message stick. Obviously the 1st topic is the Kung Flu (also called the Wu Tang) so this morning I instructed everyone to go to the Port-a-John and either drop their pants and scratch their rear end and do NOT wash their hands so that they will keep them away from their face because of the crap smell (we wear gloves 100% regardless) OR dip their fingertips in the blue water. That 2nd suggestion offers a visual, smell, and taste deterrent... I bring this up because there are those here that would cuss me for not taking the CDC dictates of social distancing, no touchy face, etc serious when so many people are dying and those that would chuckle. Those that would ask hellfire to rain upon us because we left the house to begin with and those that say some semblance of life must go on. Many that honestly believe that those of us that are not heeding every federal and doctor’s suggestion are going to make their parents die a horrible death and us that believe that though tomorrow isn’t guaranteed anyway, we actually walk with a smile.
You either fall in line for the good of the country and never miss a beat in the goose-stepping or get executed in the town square as an example of carelessness. I’m neither freaking out nor dismissing the seriousness of this terrible flu strain. I’m just trying to succeed at my mission of getting folks to choose life, defend life, and live life.
That’s all, just kind of bored and figured I would chime in.

20 posted on 3/31/2020, 5:50:14 AM by SavannahWonderer (First do no harm)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Dark Project posted:

His provisions?

Jesus Christ.

Person in thread tells him it's useless.

And his reply;

So many of these people are going to die if they get infected. Might as well take Smeckler's Powder ffs.

hah aha ha aha ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Finnankainen posted:

Most of this thread is kind of boring but this post in particular is amazing

Flubros! Day 12 (Flubros/bras only)

Dipping my fingers in poo poo to own the libs

this is the most construction worker thing i have ever seen