Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Thanks for the bike posts. Roommate's also a goon so I'll send the e-bike thread to him and hopefully he'll be able to look into it more as well. I will say though, the foldable aspect would be very handy just for easier storage in our apartment and at his work so hopefully we can find some balance of price and quality without breaking the bank. That Priority Current is expensive enough that I think he'd consider a car down payment at that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah my Jetson pro I got from Costco basically only lasted a season before completely crapping out. I don't trust that company.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

FPzero posted:

https://www.costco.com/Jetson%20Haze%20Electric%20Bike.product.1674823.html?sh=true&nf=true

My roommate is considering an electric bike as a way to get to work and lighten some load on our house's car situation. We live in a large US city with plenty of car traffic, but also a good amount of bike lanes. Does anyone have experience with this bike or ones like it? The price looked affordable but we want to make sure it's reliable for daily use.

I've built quite a few e-bikes from scratch. That Jetson thing is going to have some very sus components, and 48 pounds for that is going to herniate you when slinging it around. The hub motor only offers Pedal Assist mode because that's all the motor and battery are strong enough for. No telling if some rain is going to short it out once the warranty is up.

I'd recommend your roommate harden up and just get a normal folding bike like a used Dahon Mariner which is gonna weigh half that and have quality parts for a similar price.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

whoever said three little glad creme brulee jars were have was so right, I love having a million little containers for small things :3:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Johnny Truant posted:

three little glad creme brulee jars were have

so true

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Anyone ever transfer a prescription from one costco to another? I don’t think my refill is going to be ready before I go on a business trip and im wondering if I can just pop into a costco elsewhere and have it filled easily.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pencilhands posted:

Anyone ever transfer a prescription from one costco to another? I don’t think my refill is going to be ready before I go on a business trip and im wondering if I can just pop into a costco elsewhere and have it filled easily.

Yes, once, I also wanted to do a one-time transfer to a different location but it sounded like it’s permanent. If you want future refills at your normal location you would have to call them again to move it back.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
America's other favorite pastime (besides Costco) also is missing its onion crank

https://defector.com/please-give-me-back-the-drat-onion-crank

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The little plastic ramekins of onions they offer now are a poor substitute for the onion crank. They're practically transparent from sitting in the cooler for days, and have lost almost all of their pungency and bite.

At the same time, any onions on a Costco dog are still better than no onions, so.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Kirkland burnt ends: stove or oven?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The Midniter posted:

The little plastic ramekins of onions they offer now are a poor substitute for the onion crank. They're practically transparent from sitting in the cooler for days, and have lost almost all of their pungency and bite.

At the same time, any onions on a Costco dog are still better than no onions, so.

It's also because they're not necessarily onions! Just chopped up blanched vegetables, like celery and cabbage, chemically crisped and flavored with sulfur compounds to taste oniony

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Beachcomber posted:

Kirkland burnt ends: stove or oven?

stovetop braise

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

It's also because they're not necessarily onions! Just chopped up blanched vegetables, like celery and cabbage, chemically crisped and flavored with sulfur compounds to taste oniony

I'm sorry what

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can't say that I've actually noticed that the onions arent onions. I guess I'm the target demographic for this strategy

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

wtf we've been lied to this whole time

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’ve heard it said that onions are actually rotisserie chicken

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Soul Dentist posted:

A lot of people are saying

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Apparently Costco sells 3 different types of burnt ends, and the two with the bbq sauce aren’t as good because you’re paying way too much for a bunch of sauce you barely use instead of actual meat.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're onions, just onions

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

About to go to Costco

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

sexy tiger boobs posted:

About to go to Costco
Say hi to everyone for me.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its time

Its time

Its costco time

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its time

Its time

Its costco time

:hmmyes: yep, 'bout that time

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Soul Dentist posted:

They’re making the frogs gay

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its time

Its time

Its costco time

On my way to the new one in Kyle, Texas. Probably busy as hell because it's Saturday, but no other day works.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got that dog in me y'all.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would they bring spicy chicken strips into my life and then stop selling them?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There was a bomb threat at my Costco today.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My bad, usually I try to use the bathroom at home, but it was an emergency

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

At church for a Pharmacy, piss, and pizza

It's a day.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco onions are gelatinized cat urine chunks treated with sulphuric acid and foot fungus to taste oniony.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Delicious meal ideas on page 360, apparently.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Delicious meal ideas on page 360, apparently.

You'll circle back to those recipes

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've had intrusive thoughts for years telling me to threaten them into bringing back the Food Court Combo Slice, guess I shouldn't joke

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

sexy tiger boobs posted:

About to go to Costco

Approaching the sample table: "Hi, there's this dancing otter on the internet named "sexy tiger boobs" who wanted me to say hello for them. What's on offer today?"

Oh poo poo, I miss read the order of posts. It was

Jorath posted:

Say hi to everyone for me.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
I'm taking a vacation in an African country, trying to check online prices for laptops and I get this:

quote:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.costco.com/" on this server.
For shame Costco, denying your glory to billions of people!

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

lol, while it is possible they do a regional IP block if they dont have stores in the country it could also be that whatever you are using for internet is intercepting traffic. Have you tried a vpn?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Notoriously expensive onions being replaced with equally priced stuff, then put through a bunch of other processes to turn back into onions. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Strongly tempted to try this "hack" and get chicken strip poutine at the food court...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F81Qzya6pSA