Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am so amused by microsoft's decision to double down on their lovely desktop/mobile frankenstein OS. It will never be acceptable to have 2 versions of every app on your system. Steve Jobs was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Management posted:

fumbling the naming convention right out of the gate, classic Microsoft move.

lol since when is the third rebrand right out of the gate

xbone :smuggo:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

According to a report by research firm BCN, the market share of Microsoft Windows tablets in Japan suddenly rose to 15% during the calendar year of 2013—a five-fold increase over the previous year—and that no such trend is occurring anywhere else outside Japan; this rise is partially attributed to the inability to properly play Kantai Collection on Android devices, the largest competitor to Windows tablet devices in Japan.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SIGSEGV posted:

According to a report by research firm BCN, the market share of Microsoft Windows tablets in Japan suddenly rose to 15% during the calendar year of 2013—a five-fold increase over the previous year—and that no such trend is occurring anywhere else outside Japan; this rise is partially attributed to the inability to properly play Kantai Collection on Android devices, the largest competitor to Windows tablet devices in Japan.

move over office, new killer app in town

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

SIGSEGV posted:

attributed to the inability to properly play Kantai Collection

quote:

Set in a world where humanity has lost control of the oceans to the "deep sea fleet," the only hope to counter this threat are the Kanmusu, a group of girls who possess the spirit of Japanese warships. The story revolves around Fubuki, a destroyer who comes to the Chinjufu base to train with other Kanmusu. Watch as their stories unfold!

so confused

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

it's basically japanese revanchism about ww2 made into an anime f2p game

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

microsoft buys Kantai, announces Siri-like Kantaina voice assistant

they also did some product placement in animes

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
at this point i think the anime with the thong and the miniskirt from kancolle (trap so loving sprung) would probably be a less fanservice-y mascot than naked cyber boob lady cortana

not by much, mind

but, you know, baby steps. at least that one is nominally clothed.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lib upskirt

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
didn't windows 7 have an anime mascot or theme or something too?

though windows before that didn't have a mascot (except clippy, microsoft sam, and dat dog) and it did fine

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Main Paineframe posted:

though windows before that didn't have a mascot (except clippy, microsoft sam, and dat dog) and it did fine

iirc both windows 7 and 8 have shameful anime mascots. i wonder if they added a button to the windows 8 one's jacket or whatever animes wear for windows 8.1 update 1 for wontfix

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
doing the anime thing and adding more and more ribbons

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Phoenixan posted:

heh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

those terrible windows 8 mice came in anime-themed boxes in japan, and they made an anime short for ie

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr Dog posted:

at this point i think the anime with the thong and the miniskirt from kancolle (trap so loving sprung) would probably be a less fanservice-y mascot than naked cyber boob lady cortana

not by much, mind

but, you know, baby steps. at least that one is nominally clothed.

is this ww2 anime the one where the girls are ww2 planes or the one where the girls are ww2 boats ?

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

univbee posted:

those terrible windows 8 mice came in anime-themed boxes in japan, and they made an anime short for ie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTUlF7NA2o

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

wikipedia says boats. can't beat the anime where the girls are modern day guns tho

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Phoenixan posted:

niiiiiice

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Smythe posted:

is this ww2 anime the one where the girls are ww2 planes or the one where the girls are ww2 boats ?

the nationalist, cryhard about ww2, boat one

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

iirc both windows 7 and 8 have shameful anime mascots. i wonder if they added a button to the windows 8 one's jacket or whatever animes wear for windows 8.1 update 1 for wontfix

windows 8.11 for focusgroups

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

no it's the ww2 tanks one

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
isnt kancolle written entirely in flash

finally, apple's undoing

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

billy g is anime

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 26, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so kawaii :allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

having the sense of humor to recognize your mistakes and own them might be fine as an individual, but as a company you're still making GBS threads on your own brand

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mister Macys posted:

having the sense of humor to recognize your mistakes and own them might be fine as an individual, but as a company you're still making GBS threads on your own brand

worse than that its not even a sense of humor, its just bulk copying of 'eat up martha' that apple used as a rallying cry, but since nobody wants to use ms products ms had to substitute their own blown demo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
yeah, they're just calling attention to a failure nobody has heard of

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

imagine buying this shirt and having to explain to everyone you meet what it is about

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Metrication posted:

imagine buying this shirt and having to explain to everyone you meet what it is about

i'm pretty sure micosoft superfans will only have to explain it three or four times then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Metrication posted:

pretty sure for those people it is part of the reason they buy it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nobody will even have to ask, theyll just start explaining if you even glance at their stupid shirt

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

two browsers
two UIs
two stores

hmmm ~mayhaps~ there should be a desktop os and a stupid baby retard os

ONE RIKER
ONE BRIDGE

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

windows update wants to install Skype now. how long has that been happening?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

ONE RIKER
ONE BRIDGE

good ref but it was inherently broken b.c well remember the battle bridge? jfc.. smdh

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Luigi Thirty posted:

windows update wants to install Skype now. how long has that been happening?

just recently, i just noticed it myself. it had to have been in the past month or two.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

ONE RIKER
ONE BRIDGE

there were two rikers and two bridges

:colbert:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

saw the giant trap, walked right into it anyways

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Luigi Thirty posted:

ONE RIKER
ONE BRIDGE

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

qirex posted:

we need the branding equivalent of john tappers yelly fake bar rescue show to help out microsoft

every ms slide seems to be a screenshot of a word file with the spellchecker indicating problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

• Locked thread