Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I get not wanting to interact with kids all the time because it's work, they need help and attention, etc., but I get suspicious of anyone who just says "I don't like kids" and makes no effort to understand them at all. Like do they not have relatives or co-workers with kids? Do they not put candy out at Halloween?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bicyclops posted:

I get not wanting to interact with kids all the time because it's work, they need help and attention, etc., but I get suspicious of anyone who just says "I don't like kids" and makes no effort to understand them at all. Like do they not have relatives or co-workers with kids? Do they not put candy out at Halloween?

No, they're miserable bastards who's version of fun is watching other people suffer

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Bicyclops posted:

being an uncle owns cause you get to do all the fun stuff with kids and you send them back at the end of the day lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It just seems like there are some people here who spend all 40 hours at work glowering at the people in the cubicles next to them, building themselves up to a frenzy getting mad about those clowns in Congress online, being terrified of the grocery store, and then going home alone to their apartment. Seems sad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

where've you been for the last twenty years lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

It just seems like there are some people here who spend all 40 hours at work glowering at the people in the cubicles next to them, building themselves up to a frenzy getting mad about those clowns in Congress online, being terrified of the grocery store, and then going home alone to their apartment. Seems sad.

Hilariously sounds a lot like their description of what cops do in their adversarial role toward the populace. Huh. Same poison methinks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Instead of the columbine avatar let them have the guy from Hatred lmfao. I am a person of hatred and disgust. Yeah buddy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bicyclops posted:

That is the depressing reality of the majority of goons, and a lot of americans in general actually

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

TheMightyBoops posted:

The bad code thread or whatever it’s called is kinda fun to read.

I don't really know coding but I know that recently someone found out that the code for Balatro is like a million if-else statements all nested together and went insane

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

5er posted:

In a similar metaphor, health issues cannot be ignored and expected to go away. To wit, many folks in here were actually ignoring them as suggested and still had their avs screwed with.

Ramps are reasonable and ideal, but some folks are wiling to blow money to color outside the lines because it has no consequences to them.

not banning my bullies is exactly like ignoring cancer

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

forgetting the part where they stare longingly at their collection of wall-mounted guns every time they hear the neighbor's shih tzu bark

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The funny code things I remember are when Dwarf Fortress was calculating like beard hairs and poo poo, and when HOI3 came out they calculated mud percentages on all 20000 provinces every tick. I fell asleep playing republican spain at max speed on launch day and when I woke up 4 hours later it was only half way into 1937.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think DF had a similar situation to the balatro one where he didn’t know the elegant way to do something so he had like 2 million lines of nearly redundant code propping some hair poo poo up. Or something equally stupid. That was so sick.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
Still complaining about avatars in tyool 2024 lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dwarf fortress rules never figured out how to play it though

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The funny code things I remember are when Dwarf Fortress was calculating like beard hairs and poo poo, and when HOI3 came out they calculated mud percentages on all 20000 provinces every tick. I fell asleep playing republican spain at max speed on launch day and when I woke up 4 hours later it was only half way into 1937.

HoI3 was incredibly slow, poo poo was insane

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TBLALV posted:

Still complaining about avatars in tyool 2024 lol

It’s the way they’re complaining about it, lol. I complain when some unfunny loser changes my avatar too but I try not to sound like a stuttering wimp about it because, well, it doesn’t impact me that way really. You know. But seeing people agonizing out loud about it while obviously trying as hard as they can to act chill is just timeless.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Best code (Or rather changelog) I've seen was Crusader Kings 2 releasing a patch because Greek-culture characters were turning into resource hogs as they ran a check on every other character in the game to see if they could blind and/or castrate them.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who buys their own av is a loving pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Best code (Or rather changelog) I've seen was Crusader Kings 2 releasing a patch because Greek-culture characters were turning into resource hogs as they ran a check on every other character in the game to see if they could blind and/or castrate them.

Lol sick.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wormskull posted:

i think it was crusader kings 2 that got a big performance boost when the devs fixed something that was causing every single character to constantly check if they are able to castrate every single other character in the world

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah that's it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone went hogg wild on tfr

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
Every time I think I heard every crazy CKII dev story I get hit by things like 'greek people want to castrate everyone on the planet' lol

Albino Broccoli has a new favorite as of 18:25 on May 11, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

paradox games are so sick. i love them. especially for the weird bugs.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also i think it is fine to not like or want to be around kids, they can be extremely annoying (i have two!) but there is no need to get epic about it online

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lol I googled it to read more about this specific CK 2 Greek thing and got this post from the paradox forums:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i took my son to a lil cafe by our house today and he kept walking up to other peoples tables and showing them this thing he made out of legos, wonder if he will be the subject of some insane reddit posts later today

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Those are both actual strategic maneuvers in the game so it’s an honest question. Hopefully.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Southern Cassowary posted:

being an uncle owns cause you get to do all the fun stuff with kids and you send them back at the end of the day lol

for absolutely real. being an uncle/aunt absolutely rules. can’t wait to chill with my nieces and nephews over the summer.

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

didnt baldurs gate 3 get an update that freed up almost half of its vram usage because they had to optimize it for the xbox series s port. would love a breakdown of whatever happened there lol

thank you xbox series s

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

Lol I googled it to read more about this specific CK 2 Greek thing and got this post from the paradox forums:

Paradox game players are some of the most fascinatingly weird people on earth. We should study their brains imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

i took my son to a lil cafe by our house today and he kept walking up to other peoples tables and showing them this thing he made out of legos, wonder if he will be the subject of some insane reddit posts later today

kid already in that grindset

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wormskull posted:

Those are both actual strategic maneuvers in the game so it’s an honest question. Hopefully.

I should install CK 2 and take another crack at it. All the stories I hear about games people have played are complete madness.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W274l2WOcsE

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

TheMightyBoops posted:

This guy absolutely uses the word "swarthy" regularly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Someone went hogg wild on tfr

lol just got this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think my favorite ck2 campaign was where the guy exploited a goofy event where you go insane and appoint a horse as an advisor to turn the entire world into horses

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
big fan of ceding my kingdom to my absolute most horrid heir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Regarding the tfr stuff it's always funny and a little sad when a subcommunity gets so insular that they accuse other goons of brigading them and hand out day+ probes for mild trolling. Nothing is a more surefire sign that a community has become completely rancid.