Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, reddit latched onto it and they literally had a joint press release dealy to say "no seriously, it was us" because people were phoning 505 games to blame them for skins.

lol why am I not surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Final Heists of the Game Ideas:

Moon Heist where we nuke the Moon to destroy a cop cloning facility. This gives you around 50,000+ kills each nuke blast or at least every level rounded around difficulty.

Neil Breen Heist: Hire Neil Breen to write a heist, spare no loving detail. Whatever his crazed brain comes up with, you put it in the loving heist. Finishing it unlocks the heister Neil Breen.

Mar-La-Go Heist: White House, schmite house. There's a lot of untraceable money and VIP attention going to this strange Social Club in Florida. A smorgasbord of profit all in one place.

Rambo Heist: Essentially the Jail Escape/Town Assault from First Blood. OG Rambo from the book for extra blood.

gently caress with the L4D2 Fans: Louisiana Job with Nick. Yeah? What ya gonna do about it? Speculate about L4D3?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
The ultimate heist for Payday 2 is going to set up Payday 3.

If Payday continues with their conspiracy/mythical hints, the last heist will probably be illuminati hq/Bohemian Grove or Area 51 or something like that.

Maybe 2 final heists? A stealth only heist to steal secrets from the Congressional building and a loud only heist at the Smithsonian Air and Space museum to hijack the new prototype drone (using the helmet we got from the biker heist)

They're already moving away from DC, so the last heist will probably be set in the city where PD3 will be located.

I could also see a Hollywood/steal the Oscars/movie props from a studio.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the final Payday 2 heist will probably just be an assault on Commissioner Gordon & Captain Winters.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The final heist will be stealing dead Cthulhu's sleeping heart from the undersea city of R'lyeh. They'll just make the heist localized to Welsh so the language looks correct.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Made of version of the Anarchist Shotgunner build tuned for Mayhem specifically.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Final heist is the L4D Sacrifice. Houston dies.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Crabtree posted:

Final Heists of the Game Ideas:

Neil Breen Heist: Hire Neil Breen to write a heist, spare no loving detail. Whatever his crazed brain comes up with, you put it in the loving heist. Finishing it unlocks the heister Neil Breen.

Guys. the secret government secrets. Go get them.

PRESS F TO KNOCK LAPTOPS ON FLOOR

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

Made of version of the Anarchist Shotgunner build tuned for Mayhem specifically.
A Heavy Ballistic Vest :monocle: Helps make up for not taking Die Hard Aced but I thought it was Suit, LBV, ICTV, or bust! I like it

I take it that you do enough damage to OHK normal cops despite not having anything in Shotgun Impact?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

If you go to the weapons tab and click on the name of the gun that's been chosen, you'll some more detailed stats for the gun. Scroll down a bit and you get to Shots to Kill.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Fil5000 posted:

Guys. the secret government secrets. Go get them.

PRESS F TO TAKE MICROWAVE FOOTAGE

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A Heavy Ballistic Vest :monocle: Helps make up for not taking Die Hard Aced but I thought it was Suit, LBV, ICTV, or bust! I like it

I take it that you do enough damage to OHK normal cops despite not having anything in Shotgun Impact?

For an Anarchist all the vests come out pretty similar. HBV only costs you a little speed, although it only gets you a little armor. If you try it and feel like the HBV is too slow compared to the LBV, you're not giving up much by going back to LBV. I felt like the tiny bit of extra durability was worth the tiny cost to speed. Which vest to wear is definitely a "to personal taste" thing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I really need to go back and tinker around with that kind of stuff more. I was stuck in the mindset of always using a very specific loadout because I was using Low Blow on top of the rest of the damage amps for the longest time, so running high detection risk felt weird. (Not that the Raven doesn't still kick a lot of rear end.) Of course, I also don't have any of the recent DLC yet so I can't play around with a lot of the more recent fun stuff.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Just saw the most :psyduck: pubbie build. Dude had the 4-barrel rocket launcher and a thanatos and would constantly go into swan song on purpose and go hog wild with the rockets. Had aced nine lives, aced swan song and aced messiah and brought 2 fully upgraded docbags.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

chairface posted:

Just saw the most :psyduck: pubbie build. Dude had the 4-barrel rocket launcher and a thanatos and would constantly go into swan song on purpose and go hog wild with the rockets. Had aced nine lives, aced swan song and aced messiah and brought 2 fully upgraded docbags.

This is the greatest build I've ever heard of

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

chairface posted:

Oooh, that gives me a great idea. the idea to steal the hell out of that build

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

Add Joker skills and aced Jack of all Trades and that is basically the ideal build for One Down.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

Add Joker skills and aced Jack of all Trades and that is basically the ideal build for One Down.

The pubbiest one down build. I love what a shitshow that update turned this game into. :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

God thats loving glorious.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I'd personally have gone Mosconi rather than Thanatos for the faster fire, but otherwise I'm just seeing infinite explosions.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That kid's going places.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
So it looks like we'll be getting comic push notifications from Overkill for the foreseeable future. If this was meant to tide people over between content updates, it's... not the best plan.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

So it looks like we'll be getting comic push notifications from Overkill for the foreseeable future. If this was meant to tide people over between content updates, it's... not the best plan.
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted. :eng99:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

A difficulty and optimization pass? No my friend, the masses want milquetoast webcomics. :eng101:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

UnknownMercenary posted:

A difficulty and optimization pass? No my friend, the masses want milquetoast webcomics. :eng101:
Personally I like to think on the bright side: less updates means less chances for Jules to gently caress everything up even more :v:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Next heist we make and steal piles of comics.

edit: literally Counterfeit heist but the money asset is replaced with a comic asset.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Insert name here posted:

Personally I like to think on the bright side: less updates means less chances for Jules to gently caress everything up even more :v:

I really would like to understand his balancing process. He has posted a few times on the Steam forums (mainly right after One Down came out and everybody rightfully dogpiled on him) but otherwise been absent except in streams that I can't be bothered to watch.

There are so many absurd changes they should have walked back (or not even implemented in the first place) it makes me wonder what will happen if he ever actually gets the guts to nerf anything. Are people just going to use mods to put it back in? poo poo like Body Expertise working on bulldozers, uber Jokers, pocket DMR Broomstick, unintentionally hilarious pickup on CAR4/AK DMR kits, Bulletstorm/Swan Song working with launchers, etc. Even stuff like grenade launchers getting beefed up to 1300 damage in response to the massive health inflation...

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I hope next change changes the Buzzer/Electric Knuckles to chance of stun on hit instead of guaranteed. Maybe a very small chance to stun yourself.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Two underlying themes since the OD implementation.

1. OD is "for crazy people", i.e. there was no design effort put into it.
2. There's no consistent design philosophy anywhere else. Changes are reactive and decisions are made in isolation. It's as if, like a buglist, there's a list titled "balance complaints", of things people have complained about, and each update folks go down part of the list, checking items off one at a time. "Game too easy" - sure. Increase the number of enemies.
"melee weapons imbalanced". OK, give them all the same numbers.
"Body Expertise doesn't apply to dozers" OK, fixed.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox posted:

Two underlying themes since the OD implementation.

1. OD is "for crazy people", i.e. there was no design effort put into it.
2. There's no consistent design philosophy anywhere else. Changes are reactive and decisions are made in isolation. It's as if, like a buglist, there's a list titled "balance complaints", of things people have complained about, and each update folks go down part of the list, checking items off one at a time. "Game too easy" - sure. Increase the number of enemies.
"Body Expertise doesn't apply to dozers" OK, fixed.

... 1 and 2 sound like the same thing? Both have a concise lack of effort.

vvv: You said Far Cry 2, I think you meant "Breath of the Wild"

Malek fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 17, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TopHatGenius posted:

I hope next change changes the Buzzer/Electric Knuckles to chance of stun on hit instead of guaranteed. Maybe a very small chance to stun yourself.

Jules played Far Cry 2 over the weekend. Now weapons wear down and explode after being fired too many times. This will happen more frequently with automatic weapons and explosive launchers.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

And for "Melee weapons now imbalanced in a stupider way"?

UnknownMercenary posted:

Jules played Far Cry 2 over the weekend. Now weapons wear down and explode after being fired too many times. This will happen more frequently with automatic weapons and explosive launchers.
Anything to make him forget Vermintide and Borderlands.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
how to fix melee weapons: a guide from a scrub who has no idea what he's talking about

1: revert bloodthirst's stacking to 300%
2: revert melee values back to what they were before getting nerfed into the ground

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

But what about all the Youtube poop about a 30 damage "frothing madness of a chainsaw"????

maswastaken posted:

Anything to make him forget Vermintide and Borderlands.

Don't kid yourself; he'd only add it on top of the currently existing stupid systems.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

But what about all the Youtube poop about a 30 damage "frothing madness of a chainsaw"????

yeah its funny until you go "man i wanna use this chainsaw" and then spend half a minute hacking away at a tan on overkill.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

spit on my clit posted:

yeah its funny until you go "man i wanna use this chainsaw" and then spend half a minute hacking away at a tan on overkill.

I don't know WHYYYY the chainsaw can't just be held out and do a bunch of little hits worth of damage. Maybe give it a fuel gauge that replenishes with ammo pickups and can't be used to saw open gates/boxes to balance it out with the OVE9000 saw.

Melee is worthless unless you're taking a Buzzer/Electric Knuckles/Kunai/Money Stack

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Debating on picking this back up again. Do AP Slugs on Shotguns still suck?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Power Bottom posted:

Debating on picking this back up again. Do AP Slugs on Shotguns still suck?

AP slugs allow a shotgun to be pressed into counter-sniping and anti-shield duty, but it still isn't particularly good at either. Explosive slugs on a sufficiently high accuracy shotgun would accomplish the same thing, and in either case a grenade launcher is a better choice all around. If you want to use a shotgun right now, the main use is 000 in something with decent capacity and fire rate used in conjunction with Overkill and/or Frenzerking. A Judge with HE rounds is still a good (if sub-optimal) concealable explosion-shooter.

Beyond all those :words: though, on Overkill and below basically everything's viable, you do you and have fun however you have fun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

chairface posted:

AP slugs allow a shotgun to be pressed into counter-sniping and anti-shield duty, but it still isn't particularly good at either. Explosive slugs on a sufficiently high accuracy shotgun would accomplish the same thing, and in either case a grenade launcher is a better choice all around. If you want to use a shotgun right now, the main use is 000 in something with decent capacity and fire rate used in conjunction with Overkill and/or Frenzerking. A Judge with HE rounds is still a good (if sub-optimal) concealable explosion-shooter.

Beyond all those :words: though, on Overkill and below basically everything's viable, you do you and have fun however you have fun.

Figures. I've always hated how PD2 handles shotguns with the whole "all pellets deal full damage" thing and hoped that AP slugs would be good enough to be worth using so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I'm guessing literally every sniper rifle performs as well, if not better, than a slug shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Power Bottom posted:

Figures. I've always hated how PD2 handles shotguns with the whole "all pellets deal full damage" thing and hoped that AP slugs would be good enough to be worth using so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I'm guessing literally every sniper rifle performs as well, if not better, than a slug shotgun.

They changed the "all pellets deal full damage" thing a while ago.