Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
S-so uh how about those Kickstarters?

Here's a Kickstarter. For only $2 ($1 if you get in early) you can have your named carved into a tree and then have a photo of your name carved into the tree emailed to you. $6 to have another person's name and yours in a heart! And for those of you with deep pockets, it's only $20 to physically be there while your name is carved into a tree. What a deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Having my name carved into a tree in rural Australia is an experience that can not be replicated anywhere else.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We have trees in the city too

He should've aggressively targeted this towards people living in the desert

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aw man, I was expecting a traditional Oppression Cart. :(

Edit: we could hitch it to the back of that WW2 German tank that other guy was trying to kickstart!

TetsuoTW posted:

Stop being obtuse.

He can't help it. I think that means you're being ableist?? I guess we should give you a card now????

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Dec 15, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Shield: The World`s First Signal Proof Headwear

:tinfoil:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't understand, isn't silver the best naturally occurring conductor of electricity, wouldn't that have no effect on the signals?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

I don't understand, isn't silver the best naturally occurring conductor of electricity, wouldn't that have no effect on the signals?

They are probably going for a faraday cage type of thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Why am I so sure that it's a project made by Russians?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Bespoke artisinal tin-foil hats.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Paladinus posted:

Why am I so sure that it's a project made by Russians?

Dunno if it is, but that one surely is:
One of the most interesting PC devices in the market in recent years!
  • air nozzles
  • heating element
  • dynamic scent generator based on aroma oils
  • tracking cameras
  • holographic projectors
  • ambient color lighting
  • delivery in under a year

some guys from Moscow posted:

to work with the old games, SenseFlow analyzes operative memory (RAM)

we will set a hotkey for the user to click it if something goes wrong

at the average one game takes from 4 to 12 hours of manual settings, so the probability of bugs is very small

And what about the smells? How is it analyzed in general?
It's commercial secret, and we can't tell you something about it, sorry.

Bonus points for your pitch JPEGs proudly featuring spellchecker underlining.

Foglet has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Dec 15, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

My Birdo cosplay is complete!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's Q Bert

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Why are they just taking pictures; that woman clearly needs help.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Special air effects support for the most popular end epic games :eyepop:

Capacity with a smell which realistic feigns various smells while gaming or video!

Vidgets!

Good camera!

Also I'm pretty sure there are legal requirements for saying the "process of an aromatherapy ... will allow people to get rid of various illnesses". Like actual real world laws, not IndieGoGo "guidelines".

quote:

And is SenseFlow really cool?

Yes, folks, very cool. It’s a special pleasure to play the races with a wheel and pedals.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
What does that Russian thing even do? I thought it was a joke because of the obviously fake snuggie photo (old funny photo too).
Does it generate smells?

Paladinus posted:

I hoped it was going to be a little fun card game where you can say you've triggered my oppression card and learn something about social justice or whatever....

Yeah, that sounds both terrible and insufferable.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

pretty sure those holographic buttons alone push this hot mess into obvious fraud territory, even without the dozens of other red flags

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Non Serviam posted:

Yeah, that sounds both terrible and insufferable.

Eh, slightly worse than Cards Against Humanity or other funny card games. At least it would be somewhat original.

In fact, please support my kickstarter Cards Against Inhumanity that promotes equality and tolerance. I promise to use only the best memes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I was expecting Tumblr Mario Kart, not a bad card game.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I was hoping My Oppression Cart would be a little Radio Flyer-esque cart that the triggered person could sit in and go ride off a cliff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish i could dream up a useless item that internet nerds would give me a million for. hats off to these shitheads.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish i could dream up a useless item that internet nerds would give me a million for. hats off to these shitheads.

The My Oppression Card Project definitely won't raise millions and it probably won't even meet its funding goal at all:

quote:

30 backers

$1,113 pledged of $2,600 goal

4 days to go

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i didn't mean those specifically i mean in general i see dumb "tech" useless things getting mad money.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey goons support my new Kickstarter project to get my cards printed

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

The FAQ posted:

Signals will come thorugh other parts of skull - Many people are asking about signals that come through other parts of head and hit the inside of the reflective cap, then pass back through the brain a second time or stay inside and multiply their power - This is ridiculous. The signal is not a bullet and the hat is not a miracle. It`s like giving a question, "why do i feel cold in my winter jacket, it was supposed to protect me against cold and it comes thorugh my sleeves, top and bottom parts." Nothing is one hundred percent and everything depends on other factors. But in any case, you are not going to freeze in that winter jacket ;)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still think a lead-lined hat would work better.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Suggest the person wears a full suit of lead-lined clothes, and for extra safety they should jump into a lake because water shields from radio waves.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Here's an awful kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2050848594/redefining-italian-luxury-watches?ref=home_popular

There's nothing really wrong with these watches. They're just regular-style cheap quartz watches with $10 movements in them, but the advertising is berserk and they've somehow soaked nearly 5,000 rubes for about 750,000 Euros.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

who wears a watch anymore?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Otisburg posted:

I have a nice DKNY watch I bought from a crackhead for $20 that I wear when I'm going to job interviews or dates.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Otisburg posted:

I wear a watch to work, but that's it.

So mostly no one.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Otisburg posted:

I do, they're more convenient than phones when you want to check the time and they hardly ever run out of batteries. I like the Casio F91-W because it's cheap and does the things I just said.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Otisburg posted:

People richer than you.

Or people desperately wishing they were people richer than you. Either or.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Poor/ignorant people can't read analog clocks, it's pretty funny

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Otisburg posted:

I don't have a phone or a watch

I'm also extremely tight-fisted (heh... fisted)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

There's one reason I've considered getting a wristwatch: Apparently "what's the time" is a not uncommon overture to a phone-snatching.

However I am a big guy, who doesn't go out much, in a safe part of a mid sized city, with a lovely phone, so... eh.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If you can't tell what time of day it is by just smelling the level of locust pheromone in the air, you're basically a bitch.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
lmao get the gently caress off this page if you do anything but shamble out from underneath a bridge moaning "what year is it? what year is it??" to passing cars. y'all are supposed to be GOONS, what the gently caress is this talking to people poo poo??

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

lmao get the gently caress off this page if you do anything but shamble out from underneath a bridge moaning "what year is it? what year is it??" to passing cars. y'all are supposed to be GOONS, what the gently caress is this talking to people poo poo??

A bridge? Look at Mister Fan C. Pants over here! Real goons live under overpasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Peanut President posted:

A bridge? Look at Mister Fan C. Pants over here! Real goons live under overpasses.

those are just bridges for cars idiot