Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gonz posted:

The first trailer for Jurassic Park 5 drops Thursday.

If you are going to ignore the actual title you are obliged to call it Jurassic 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJsgxSPZgY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope Fast 11 and Jurassic 7 two halves of the same story told from two different directions.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Premonition of the Park 2: Jurassic Joyride (part 1)

The Rock and Statham hook a wire between their jeeps to clothesline an army of super-raptors, Vin Diesel rides an experimental nitrous powered megalodon.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Gonz posted:

I just hope the dinosaurs talk and/or have guns this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9sjPzyQjk

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

whoooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

As someone who likes to watch dinosaurs eat people: me, I care.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

that is why walk hard is the only good biopic.

hagiographies are gross as hell and i cant imagine a real deep truth

Don't Look Back is pretty dope. And Get on Up is legit a lot of fun to watch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Follow up drama!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryan-singer-fired-directing-queen-biopic-set-chaos-1063977

Turns out Singer has been fired from the Queen biopic after ghosting on the production. Apparently he has been fighting with Rami Malek for some reason.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Haha, apparently just straight-up disappearing for days at a time is a pattern of behavior for Singer on film shoots including the X-Men movies. How on Earth is this man a major Hollywood director? From all the reports of him and his skeezy entourage it sounds like he likely has some serious addiction issues, so that's probably a good part of the cause.

With all these high-profile director firings these days I wonder if we're approaching an era of replacing directors mid-stream and Hollywood studios downplaying the idea of auteur-ism with the rise of the Kevin Feige/Kathleen Kennedy type executive producer squad. Marvel, Star Wars, and DC all seem to be pushing that direction.

e: I've also heard rumors that Snyder was actually fired off Justice League before his family leave, but that could be just some angry fanboy backlash.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 5, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

feedmyleg posted:

Haha, apparently just straight-up disappearing for days at a time is a pattern of behavior for Singer. How on Earth is this man a major Hollywood director? From all the reports of him and his skeezy entourage it sounds like he likely has some serious addiction issues, so that's probably a good part of the cause.

With all these high-profile director firings these days I wonder if we're approaching an era of replacing directors mid-stream and Hollywood studios downplaying the idea of auteur-ism with the rise of the Kevin Feige/Kathleen Kennedy type executive producer squad. Marvel, Star Wars, and DC all seem to be pushing that direction. I've also heard rumors that Snyder was actually fired off Justice League, but that's probably just some angry fanboy backlash.

Snyder left Justice League because his daughter committed suicide.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:shrug: not saying I believe it, just that I've heard the rumor. Even the fact that there's a rumor means that it's part of a trend of moviegoers being very aware of director firings, as far away from the truth as it might be.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 5, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

feedmyleg posted:

:shrug: not saying I believe it, just that I've heard the rumor. Even the fact that the rumor means that it's part of a trend of moviegoers being very aware of director firings, as far away from the truth as it might be.

This is the exact defense Sarah Huckabee used to defend Donald Trump retweeting racist videos from a fascist group in Britain.
Edit:

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 5, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Follow up drama!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bryan-singer-fired-directing-queen-biopic-set-chaos-1063977

Turns out Singer has been fired from the Queen biopic after ghosting on the production. Apparently he has been fighting with Rami Malek for some reason.

I think we all want to fight with Rami Malek for some reason, though.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Skwirl posted:

This is the exact defense Sarah Huckabee used to defend Donald Trump retweeting racist videos from a fascist group in Britain.

No...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yes, it's something provably false being reported as fact and then when called out for being provably false the defense is "it points to a discussion we need to have."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m looking to the Ron Howard version of the movie

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vegetable posted:

I’m looking to the Ron Howard version of the movie

With Christopher Plumber playing Freddie Mercury.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Clint Howard as Freddy. He has the teeth

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yes, it's something provably false being reported as fact and then when called out for being provably false the defense is "it points to a discussion we need to have."

feedmyleg posted:

I've also heard rumors that Snyder was actually fired off Justice League before his family leave, but that could be just some angry fanboy backlash.

Maybe you... misread my comments?

I didn't say it pointed to a discussion we needed to have. I said that the fact that there are rumors about it means that the idea of directors being fired is in the zeitgeist.

Or maybe my words are more akin to a person who is selling her soul to become fabulously wealthy off the back of a hate-mongering megalomaniacal narcissistic sociopath. Potato potahto.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

syscall girl posted:

I think we all want to fight with Rami Malek for some reason, though.

What? Why? What did he do?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

What? Why? What did he do?

Bad joke. I like him and want to fight him.

From the protection of a computer-machine

e: i will pound this keyboard so hard i'll get a full kali linux install running like whoa

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

:shrug: not saying I believe it, just that I've heard the rumor. Even the fact that there's a rumor means that it's part of a trend of moviegoers being very aware of director firings, as far away from the truth as it might be.

quote:

"Whether it's a real video, the threat is real," Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters.
You're obviously not as morally repugnant as Sarah Huckabee, (unless your breakfast included a child's hopes and dreams that you ate in front of them), but saying a completely made up rumour is as important as actual facts because otherwise they wouldn't have made up the rumour is loving bonkers.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-movie-jj-abrams-1202220032/

Klingon, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

A whole ton of space racism.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Gonz posted:

Spacism.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Thanks, Time Cowboy.

Thowboy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gonz posted:

As opposed to the enlightenment of other versions of Star Trek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

pretend I translated "do they speak Klingon on What" into klingon and posted it here, ty

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeesh, long hair is not a good look for Tarantino.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Neurolimal posted:

Yeesh, long hair is not a good look for Tarantino.

He looks like Evil Agent Cooper.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Star Trek Discovery already flirted with an R rating with its F bombs and topless female Klingon rape. I wonder if the movie will just go full out with QT directing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That sounds so crazy I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't end up happening. Star Trek would totally be Tarantino's thing when it comes to pushing the social envelope, they've been playing it way too safe.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inescapable Duck posted:

That sounds so crazy I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't end up happening. Star Trek would totally be Tarantino's thing when it comes to pushing the social envelope, they've been playing it way too safe.

Star Trek seems to have been passed to Seth M. That guy is a genius of nostalgia in tv.

But Tarantino is a genius of film nostalgia so :thunk:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

syscall girl posted:

Star Trek seems to have been passed to Seth M. That guy is a genius of nostalgia in tv.

But Tarantino is a genius of film nostalgia so :thunk:

It's funny how a lot of people, including Trekkies, just eat up The Orville despite it being one of the critically-derided TV shows of this recent fall season.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The MSJ posted:

It's funny how a lot of people, including Trekkies, just eat up The Orville despite it being one of the critically-derided TV shows of this recent fall season.

It had a pretty bad pilot, but after that it's basically been Star Trek for people who miss when Star Trek was Star Trek. Just a bit more casual since they aren't hot-poo poo emissary philosopher captains making contact with new races.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

It had a pretty bad pilot, but after that it's basically been Star Trek for people who miss when Star Trek was Star Trek. Just a bit more casual since they aren't hot-poo poo emissary philosopher captains making contact with new races.

If 'a bad pilot' is defined around drinking and driving in space.

Wait, wtf was that episode about? Space wife hosed a blue man, something...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The MSJ posted:

topless female Klingon rape.

uhh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh that definitely happened.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Oh that definitely happened.

And it should have been scored by NIN's Reptile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfhkXxmnYHc

I like the Klingon woman even though she is a torturer and rapist. e: I think it's because all the other Klingons are stupid stereotypes

Either way she really pulls it off.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neurolimal posted:

A lot of what I've seen is that the show is almost plausible as a lower-deck Trek series about a vessel that isn't the star flagship and people who weren't top of the class. (Heck, the setup with the not-Federation dipping into the dregs of officer candidates because they have more ships than qualified crew could easily pick up at the end of DS9, with losses from the Dominion War)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The directors commentary of this scene is baffling because Johnson explains how they made a one off Raptor head that was identical to the Raptors of the first films as thats all Alan would know of by that point, not that more evolved versions he encounters later.

Which... well... they clearly loving didn't.

• Locked thread