Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I am pretty much the mainstreammetallica fan because I really like Iron Maiden. Since I have short hair, don't drink, and wear t-shirts I definitely don't fit into the other categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I am pretty much the mainstreammetallica fan because I really like Iron Maiden. Since I have short hair, don't drink, and wear t-shirts I definitely don't fit into the other categories.
Same.
:sadwave:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Liking Iron Maiden only makes you correct.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Groke posted:

Liking Iron Maiden only makes you correct.
Liking Iron Maiden makes you a good human being.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

UltraVariant posted:

Liking Iron Maiden makes you a good human being.

Precisely.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I love it when I find a random death metal band I've never heard of and they're cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejKNJkYuX0

Part of me not knowing them might be because they're from Baltimore and I don't really recall that being a hotbed of death metal bands in the 90s.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

MrBling posted:

I love it when I find a random death metal band I've never heard of and they're cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejKNJkYuX0

Part of me not knowing them might be because they're from Baltimore and I don't really recall that being a hotbed of death metal bands in the 90s.
I'm absolutely stunned that you've never heard this album before.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Vintersorg posted:

New stuff from Xibalba . Straight up Entombed worship here and it's awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsqlhsFKrA0

While unoriginal, this is highly enjoyable - thanks!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

New stuff from Xibalba . Straight up Entombed worship here and it's awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsqlhsFKrA0

I haven't listened to these guys but they're really good at trolling me because every time someone mentions them I think it's the mexican black metal band at first and get excited.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MrBling posted:

There were like a dozen bands who all wound up in Dying Fetus at one point or another.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0RNAPnUjw

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Haha, is this a young Tony Robbins.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

this is incredible

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Well I just got some foul news via the Beyond Creation Facebook page:

quote:

Unfortunately, we have to announce that Dominic ‘’Forest’’ Lapointe is no longer part of Beyond Creation for personal reasons. We would like to thank him for his great work and dedication to the band for the past four years. We had a lot of fun sharing the stage with him and recording two solid records! Dominic stays our friend and we keep a good relationship with him. We wish him the best of luck for all his bands and future projects.

-Simon, Kevin, Philippe

:cry: He was one of the defining pieces of the band.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Vargatron posted:

Well I just got some foul news via the Beyond Creation Facebook page:

:cry: He was one of the defining pieces of the band.

Maybe that means Augury will finally do something

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
To hell with that. Bring Atheretic back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MDwIZ-MEY

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Misogynist posted:

I'm absolutely stunned that you've never heard this album before.

I kinda zoned out on death metal post-95'ish, so I don't know everything alright.
I can see how that might come as a surprise to you though. :shobon:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Optimum Gulps posted:

Maybe that means Augury will finally do something

I had no idea he re-joined, but I'd be down. Does that dude ever stick with a project?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The bands for this year's Metal Alliance Tour* are out of the bag. I was kind of disappointed, but I would love to see Entombed A.D. (TM).

* Dates to follow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Please come to Winnipeg! Only really care to see Entombed! :D

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Am I the only one who is completely sick of Deicide?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Turk February posted:

I can only imagine teenagers sticking it to mommy still being into that poo poo.

OMG HE BRANDED A PENTAGRAM - SATAN RULES

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Turk February posted:

Let's just say I've seen Vital Remains twice and they were much more enjoyable with Anthony Geremia than with Glen Benton.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Misogynist posted:

Let's just say I've seen Vital Remains twice and they were much more enjoyable with Anthony Geremia than with Glen Benton.

They're playing at some tiny club here for like ten bucks, is it worth going? I don't really know their stuff.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Vintersorg posted:

I can only imagine teenagers sticking it to mommy still being into that poo poo.

OMG HE BRANDED A PENTAGRAM - SATAN RULES

Actually I believe the brand on his forehead is St. Peter's cross. How that got popular among the more Satan-y metal bands I have no idea.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a retard posted:

Actually I believe the brand on his forehead is St. Peter's cross. How that got popular among the more Satan-y metal bands I have no idea.

Oh yeah, you're right. :)

Not sure why it was adopted but before I realized it was St.Peters cross I just thought it was a symbol for rejecting God.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Monkeytime posted:

They're playing at some tiny club here for like ten bucks, is it worth going? I don't really know their stuff.
If you have other things to do that night, I wouldn't bother since Dave Suzuki left the band. He pretty much was Vital Remains. On the other hand, I'd probably go to even a lovely metal show for $10. Nowadays for me it's like $30+ in train tickets and a 4-hour transportation commitment just to go to any show.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

a retard posted:

This reminds me of a billion years ago when I was reading on (I think) Impaled Northern Moonforest's forum or guestbook or whatever. There were some people trying to come up with an even more blasphemous symbol than the inverted cross, and wound up with the inverted inverted cross :black101:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shakenbaker posted:

This reminds me of a billion years ago when I was reading on (I think) Impaled Northern Moonforest's forum or guestbook or whatever. There were some people trying to come up with an even more blasphemous symbol than the inverted cross, and wound up with the inverted inverted cross :black101:
So a cross.

Metal as gently caress.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

UltraVariant posted:

So a cross.

Metal as gently caress.

:thejoke:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

a retard posted:

I don't know if this is where Satanist/metal bands are drawing from, but there is a basis for it based on infighting among Christian sects. Basically the cross of St. Peter is also a Papal symbol, since the Catholic church considers the Pope to be St. Peter's successor, but there are also a lot of sects that consider the Pope/Catholic Church to be the anti Christ. So the upside down cross winds up being both a symbol for both Christianity's biggest sect and the devil.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
You know what's fuckin' metal? Lesbian vampires. Briton Rites' "For Mircalla" is an album about the novel Carmilla and it is some of the best heavy metal in recent years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2b4d5wCfV8

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Crazy Larry posted:

I don't know if this is where Satanist/metal bands are drawing from, but there is a basis for it based on infighting among Christian sects. Basically the cross of St. Peter is also a Papal symbol, since the Catholic church considers the Pope to be St. Peter's successor, but there are also a lot of sects that consider the Pope/Catholic Church to be the anti Christ. So the upside down cross winds up being both a symbol for both Christianity's biggest sect and the devil.
Unrelated, but I always kinda pictured Combat Christ reciting Charlie Sheen's helmet from Platoon: "when I die, bury me upside-down so the world can kiss my rear end."

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

You know what's fuckin' metal? Lesbian vampires. Briton Rites' "For Mircalla" is an album about the novel Carmilla and it is some of the best heavy metal in recent years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2b4d5wCfV8

Those loving drum samples

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Crazy Larry posted:

I honestly believe it's just an inversion of Christianity. Of course it's kind of funny because it was actually used in Christian lore, sin St. Peter allegedly demanded to be crucified upside down because he wasn't worth of the same death as Christ, but you can't expect a lot from satanism.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Going to see the Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth show on Sunday in Cleveland. First time seeing both bands I'm really stoked for it.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

blackshreds posted:

Going to see the Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth show on Sunday in Cleveland. First time seeing both bands I'm really stoked for it.

BEHEMOTH are pretty fun live. Sometimes Nergal's faux satanism gets a bit annoying, but it's a pretty solid show.
Have fun!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

So, Bruce Dickinson's been undergoing treatment for cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Just another thing for Bruce to add to his resume.

-World class fencer
-Pilot
-Metal god
-Author
-Beat cancer