Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Watching Cobalt beat Mega Satan with The Lost earlier and Richard Hammer beat Hush with The Lost just now was pretty cool.

Edit: Is that still a spoiler? Guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

I'm way behind the curve, but I finally unlocked the d6!

It was a cheesy as hell run though, I took a risk on getting Brimstone with 3 1/2 soul hearts on B2, then got lucky and found the super secret room full of runes, most of which were Jera. Cloned a bunch of soul hearts, maxed myself out, and from there on it was smooth sailing. Getting Spirit of the Night just before entering the Womb just made things sweeter.

e: Also there's a Cthulhu transformation if you get 3 or more devil items. I think it just adds Evil Hearts to your life pool though.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Has anyone managed to chance across any game-breaking diplopia uses like getting 2 copies of polyphemus and the multipliers actually work? Or double lil brimstones?

Also how does that work for transformations? In Rebirth picking up duplicates of a transformation item didn't count towards the transformation, e.g. pickup 2x guppy tails and guppy's head = still not guppy.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Sanctum posted:

In Rebirth picking up duplicates of a transformation item didn't count towards the transformation, e.g. pickup 2x guppy tails and guppy's head = still not guppy.

This is wrong.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Just got the 99 bombs item and found a black market with a reroll machine as The Lost :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ed's new "arg" is stupid but cool

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"arg" - me, when I hear about some bullshit internet mystery game people think is fun

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I had one of those absurd IV bag Greed mode runs last night. Started as Cain. It got stupid (especially when I eventually rerolled into swallowed penny and piggy bank). Wound up with giant mega multiple sad ipecac tears. I think bomber boy may have been in there too.

Fun fact - Car Battery + IV Bag means you get more coins but take a full heart of damage!

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Fun fact - Car Battery + IV Bag means you get more coins but take a full heart of damage!

That's because it activated the IV bag twice. It doesn't improve it.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
? card with blank card, glitter bombs, sack face and superbum is items for as long as you feel like doing it and it feels pretty spectacular.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LorrdErnie posted:

? card with blank card, glitter bombs, sack face and superbum is items for as long as you feel like doing it and it feels pretty spectacular.

Er, what happens if you use ? card with blank card?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

RatHat posted:

Er, what happens if you use ? card with blank card?

Two free items. Seriously.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Vegastar posted:

Two free items. Seriously.

It's absurd. Even if you just have the first two pieces, creating new items every 4 rooms at the worst will get you something that combos relatively quickly. Easiest way I've ever broken the game, even easier than infinite d20 rerolls.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I heard some people saying that ultra greed has too much health but I don't really get it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-DBtJugx0

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

What is an ARG? People keep mentioning it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Azazel + rubber tears. Shoot his tiny brimstone near a wall and it turns into a normal brimstone beam.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao forget what I said I'll just do all the challenges I hate in one night

except I don't have 24. how do you get 24? I'm playing on a fresh save to get everything again if it matters.
the guardian is loving horrible btw

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

In this context they basically mean a puzzle that's big enough that the community as a whole has to work together to solve it. It seems like they've taken special steps to prevent anyone from breaking it open via datamining.

Basically wait a week or something and it should be solved.

Also Edmund said one of the claims on Steam was false, I'm guessing that means there's another secret boss or character or something.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

What is an ARG? People keep mentioning it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

Basically using other media to augment your game/tv-show/whatever.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
I love that they added a character who's focused on familiars and also a transformation that gives you a permenant 45 degree shot that replaces your forward tears if you get too many.

Menelven
Mar 28, 2010

This was a good Greed run. Playing as Eve, got two steam sales. Which apparently makes everything free. So I just stood on an item in the shop for 5 minutes, and this happened. I lost track of what everything is after a while.

Ultra Greed still took a fair amount of time, everything else just sort of exploded instantly.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
If you decide you want to go balls deep on lilith and get every item in the game; I warn you, you can have TOO MANY followers.

... They all just dissapeared...

Menelven
Mar 28, 2010

Ironsolid posted:

If you decide you want to go balls deep on lilith and get every item in the game; I warn you, you can have TOO MANY followers.

If that happens reload the save, and they come back.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ironsolid posted:

I ran into this glitch, it's fixed if you duplicate your followers again in another room.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Yeah, I figured they would come back upon zoning.

Anyways, so I didn't go AS crazy on greed, but.... this... I'm missing 100+ followers...

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Speed challenge seems pretty crazy. Certain rooms you can't avoid damage given how fast the enemies are, this one needs a bit of balancing to be more fair. Had to resort to first floor item scumming into something good, need a really good build to get this done in the time limit. Last attempt I thought was doing alright, had Lil Brimstone and a few all stat ups, but got to the Womb 1 with 2 minutes to go, and then died to double Fallen. Not a friendly challenge at all, but I'll get it in the end with even more item scumming.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Updated my little Devil/Angel room chance display for Afterbirth now and SHOULD have fixed all most problems with it.

Small version (if you have CheatEngine 6.4 installed on your PC)
Large version (if you don't)

Here's two screenshots:

The window is draggable, you can put it anywhere you want.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I think the reset scumming the first floor is intentional. The game wants you to play fast so you need to play like a speedrunner (or like, a racer in a BoI tournament)

its a challenge for someone that mastered the mechanics of the game to make it play to your advantage

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

How Rude posted:

I think the reset scumming the first floor is intentional. The game wants you to play fast so you need to play like a speedrunner (or like, a racer in a BoI tournament)

its a challenge for someone that mastered the mechanics of the game to make it play to your advantage

I will believe this when they add a fast reset option to the console version of the game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something new I learned: If you use Duplicate in a shop, the duplicated items can be taken for free.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Does anyone know what you unlock by beating super greed as the lost? I'm trying to beat greed mode as the lost right now, and my face looks like this irl :qq:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It turns out that the Sworn Protector does act like the Guardian Angel, but each time it gets hit, it has a chance to drop an Eternal Heart. Nifty.

Panniculus Rift posted:

Does anyone know what you unlock by beating super greed as the lost? I'm trying to beat greed mode as the lost right now, and my face looks like this irl :qq:

The Zodiac. It gives you a random Zodiac effect for each floor. It's kind of underwhelming compared to the other items you unlock as him.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

drat, that's not worth the trouble at all. Still gonna do it, though.

WizWoz
Feb 22, 2007

I'm the best,
maybe
D7 fun :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Oh interesting, I hadn't thought of using it on a miniboss room that you know will drop something. You could probably use that to get infinite bombs too with wrath.

I'm still verrrrry slowly (had to start from scratch) unlocking items. Some of the new ones are stupid (friend zone), some are interesting but not that useful (betrayal, binky). The only one I've found so far that I really like is deadeye, think it adds a really cool new element to the game and actually feels useful.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Debating just firing up cheat engine to unlock the new lost unlocks so I don't have to worry about it again. But I worry by taking that step I might cave and cheat some of the more annoying/frustrating challenges too.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

Debating just firing up cheat engine to unlock the new lost unlocks so I don't have to worry about it again. But I worry by taking that step I might cave and cheat some of the more annoying/frustrating challenges too.

Eh, as far as I can tell the new items aren't anything you can't live without. And if you're just being a completionist, well, I think cheating would kinda defeat the purpose of being a completionist

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Augus posted:

Eh, as far as I can tell the new items aren't anything you can't live without. And if you're just being a completionist, well, I think cheating would kinda defeat the purpose of being a completionist

I like having more items in the pool regardless if they're great or not. And in terms of completion, I don't think it's totally unreasonable to say "this one challenge seems unfair / uncompelling." :shrug:

I guess it'd just bug me to have it as the one thing not done.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wait what, yes they are. The datamining stuff is specifically quarantined in that subreddit. Everyone in the main is busy(being forced to) solving the puzzle as a community(because the rest of the game won't be released otherwise), just like Ed always wanted(to stroke his own ego).

On the actual game: Pageant Boy is the worst. Just the woorrrrrst. It plagues me. I've gotten it as the first boss drop in like 30% of my runs ugh.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Did the Lost greed run finally, had prize bombs, dr. fetus and pyromaniac. Tammy's head as well for later levels.

Got to Ultra Greed, couldn't quite kill him in a few attempts and ran out of dead cat lives, so sat in the room before him and just let the game shoot prize bombs for quarter of an hour.

Was barely able to swim through all the red hearts, but found a spawned chaos card and killed him.

Never again.