Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

stump collector posted:

i believed in the choke up to 15-9 and 5v3 or whatever

i'm glad to be wrong

but that was only map one, you see

Exactly my thoughts, but they utterly destroyed SK on Overpass....

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Astralis are making it look easy vs Optic right now, 11-1 on Overpass already

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Bodied.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Astralis making their opponents look like silvers :eyepop:

Their aim is so good it almost looks like aimlock

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:denmark:

14? Unique winning teams this year

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME :pcgaming:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Oh my goodness

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

yolandi posted:

Astralis 2016 :toot:

:unsmith:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The second half of 2016 has been genuinely very exciting for tournaments because you legit have no idea who's going to make it to the finals.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Finally got back into cs after a 2 year hiatus and was de-ranked from MG into silvers. I never smurfed back then, but I'm having a blast. Most of them don't know any maps besides Dust2 or what to do if they've been smoked/flashed. Toss a good smoke on Nuke and you're gonna have a fun time.

It's gonna suck once I get back into the novas. :smith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Welcome back to cs, enjoy the easy games while they last

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

RyokoTK posted:

The second half of 2016 has been genuinely very exciting for tournaments because you legit have no idea who's going to make it to the finals.

Yeah the next major is gonna be awesome

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yolandi posted:

Yeah the next major is gonna be awesome
Hell, the qualifier is gonna be awesome in and of itself: Dignitas, NV, Immortals, FaZe, Cloud9, NiP, OpTic, mousesports, G2, GODSENT...

Two of those teams aren't gonna qualify. :allears:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

With how 2016 has gone, I can only assume that 2017 will continue in similar form, which is to say every single player will win a tournament except for Niko.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
If they save sadokist for the major, the qualifier will be the better tournament

Even with him it might be the better tournament

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Terrific Accident posted:

every single player will win a tournament except for Niko.

this but forever

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

symbolic posted:

Hell, the qualifier is gonna be awesome in and of itself: Dignitas, NV, Immortals, FaZe, Cloud9, NiP, OpTic, mousesports, G2, GODSENT...

Two of those teams aren't gonna qualify. :allears:

Faze and Godsent out.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soulex posted:

Faze mousesports and Godsent out.

:colbert:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
faze are good lately and mousesports is bad, however, niko is due for a 120+ adr tournament assuming he hasn't completely lost his touch

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

After how Faze played? I have a better chance getting out of silver.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
karrigan has been involved in many majors and i feel he will bring it wrt strats/team vibes and guide faze through the majors qual and earn a legends spot

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think Kerrigan doesn't have the right group to let him lead completely and poo poo. It's obvious it was called into question this final

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Terrific Accident posted:

With how 2016 has gone, I can only assume that 2017 will continue in similar form, which is to say every single player will win a tournament except for Niko.

If your name ends in 'iko' your not going to win. :911:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

for some reason i got queued with a french guy and a french muslim. it was bad lol. time to lower my acceptable mm ping.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why don't the ~pros~ ever do hostage maps

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The mode is inherently unbalanced, as are the maps. Agency tho.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How is it unbalanced?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Terrorists literally have all of the angles, and because of this the CTs will always be at a disadvantage. As much as I loved the cs_ mode in the old days, it makes for horrifically unbalanced and boring pro game matches.

Proof: OGL and TWL CS Ladder back in the old days.

EDIT: This reminds me of how bad CSGO is on consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtI-A3MlUBU

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 13, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

There's that one brutal hostage map in a warehouse or something where the cts have total control of the exterior and the ts can only huddle inside or get instantly awped if they try to push outside

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Goofballs posted:

There's that one brutal hostage map in a warehouse or something where the cts have total control of the exterior and the ts can only huddle inside or get instantly awped if they try to push outside

Assault. Literally the worst map of anything I've ever played.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Gaaaaaaaaas

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Goofballs posted:

the cts have to rescue the hostages

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

trying to jack off posted:

Tragically, they can't rescue the true hostages: themselves, forced to play on a garbage map.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I was playing casual office as T and the CTs had some kinda pretty good awp players picking everyone off as they ran around (because why not it's casual) and we went 0-7 and at that point the whole team kinda decided to get off their rear end and start trying or something; smokes and molotovs got dropped at every opportunity and we camped hard. We ran it all the way back to win 8-7 and chat exploded, one of the CTs flipped out, and someone played a soundbite of Nelson doing his "Ha Ha!" laugh and for a moment I went back in time ten years to the old 1.6 servers, custom Simpsons sounds and all.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Ts are on defense with cheap AK47s that 1 shot people, CTs don't have any of their natural advantages while carrying all their usual disadvantages(worse rifles, more expensive equip)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i hope csgo 7.00 comes soon

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

No kidding. In that map though they're more likely to kill all the ts without bothering to touch a hostage because their angles are that much better and numerous.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
iirc the ps3 version of console go had mouse support. I always wanted to buy it to try it out and click heads easily but then I realized I would have to move my ps3 and gave up on the thought entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deck
Jul 13, 2006

Pour one out for cs_insertion. That poo poo was hilarious.