Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BeTq99LqUo

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012098185.html
who needs eyes anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Did these arrive looking like the picture? These are dope as gently caress but the reviews all show some real clowny looking nonsense.
edit like real bad:

They're dope as gently caress. Definitely not the horrible plastic shine of that picture. I'll try to take a photo later.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

They're dope as gently caress. Definitely not the horrible plastic shine of that picture. I'll try to take a photo later.

Please do! I almost bought them last night but held fire when I saw these pics in the reviews.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Okay!

I did play with the contrast to try to get the colors right. The red still isn't nearly as shiny as it looks in the picture, but it doesn't have as much of the leathery texture of the "gray" pair (and it's subtle on those). I expect the smoother finish may contribute to the funky way they come across. Worst case scenario, you're out, what, $12 or so?

I'll admit I haven't worn the red ones yet, but that's mostly because I'm :corsair: and a little leery about wearing bright shoes, as much as I'm drawn to them. I'll get there. Maybe for Christmas!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:whitewater:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I feel like snoo's avatar speaks for me on those shoes for both pictures.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Has anyone tried the SF Express shipping option on Ali? I have another custom duvet I want to get for a friend and would like it by Xmas, the page states:

and I'd love to believe I could get my parcel in a maximum of 15 days for £1.66 but I am definitely :thunk: about it.

SF Express experiment a SUCCESS :cool:

Took a little while for the store to print it up but less than a fortnight to ship it China > UK. Definitely try the cheap shipping option if they offer it when you buy something.

I hope my friend likes their Xmas bedding gift :shobon:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wow that’s pretty drat cool

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the bed tis too lumpy!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I dig those sheets.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Yeah, that is a brilliant photo.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

I'm not sure that this seller understands what I want in a shoe...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962164779.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.59.6c0ac4aelXieNG
This was the same seller as those women's shoes above.

bar88537 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 14, 2019

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of shoe companies are touting the flexibility of their shoes' soles these days, but that looks like a little much.

https://time.com/5294580/healthy-shoes-footwear/

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bar88537 posted:

I'm not sure that this seller understands what I want in a shoe...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962164779.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.59.6c0ac4aelXieNG
This was the same seller as those women's shoes above.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Hirayuki posted:

A lot of shoe companies are touting the flexibility of their shoes' soles these days, but that looks like a little much.

https://time.com/5294580/healthy-shoes-footwear/

It might have changed recently, but that's exactly how other "barefoot" shoes have marketed themselves for years.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Showed up in freebies today

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dMMczaE8

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Post/av combo.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I'm probably gonna spend my money poorly and buy a couple balisongs somebody in the TFR knife thread recommended a while back, anything I should know for my first time actually buying something on AE?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"HAT"

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Putin should mandate than the OMON forces wear hats stating they are hats.

E: this is what they look like:

klafbang fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 14, 2019

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
How do you guys get freebies

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I've applied for like eleventy billion freebies and received zero so I assume that it's not possible and it's just an advertising technique to get people to buy overstock

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Where do I apply for freebies?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Busy Bee posted:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Busy Bee posted:

Opera?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAhuSDRIDHE

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

klafbang posted:

Putin should mandate than the OMON forces wear hats stating they are hats.

E: this is what they look like:

/takes new hat selfie in mirror

Motherf-

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

blatman posted:

I've applied for like eleventy billion freebies and received zero so I assume that it's not possible and it's just an advertising technique to get people to buy overstock
I've been putting in for my two freebies a day almost daily since August or so, and I've won two. :iiam:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Clearly, a good use of your time

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It's hardly a time investment. I'm just glad what I won was actually useful and wanted instead of poo poo I put in for just because I could.

(You apply for freebies from the Freebies section of the app, center of the main page.)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i have no problems with buying basically anything off aliexpress, including things that charge via taped-on USB ports, but somehow my paranoia limit is at installing the app on my phone

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Was this... Intentional?

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Killingyouguy! posted:

i have no problems with buying basically anything off aliexpress, including things that charge via taped-on USB ports, but somehow my paranoia limit is at installing the app on my phone

lol :same:

Like what if it leads me to buying all the poo poo I have saved in my cart?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol if you didn't find out there is a limit of ten wishlists on AliExpress and you're using them all to partition out all the weird poo poo you're looking at

:o:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Moot .1415926535 posted:

lol :same:

Like what if it leads me to buying all the poo poo I have saved in my cart?

Oh I meant more like the Chinese government tracking my movements but sure, that too

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My gf had the AliExpress app on her phone until she played around with a packet sniffer app and saw constant traffic going to them which freaked her out. I don’t know if they do anything nefarious but she immediately uninstalled.

I like it too much to do that just yet

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Any tencent software is sending all your poo poo straight to China, my friends.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hell, if you go to the site on a mobile browser it'll ask permission to access the microphone. Never not assume any site is out to steal your identity.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Is it a good idea to use a credit card on aliexpress? I really love those mountain bed spreads someone posted a few pages back but I also really don't want to replace my credit card yet again.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is it a good idea to use a credit card on aliexpress? I really love those mountain bed spreads someone posted a few pages back but I also really don't want to replace my credit card yet again.

Is there any other way to pay??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Killingyouguy! posted:

Is there any other way to pay??

Idk I haven't looked at all the options, no PayPal but I bet there's at least some other intermediary options.