Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
maybe they're a very committed environmentalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Parents should have taught the “too old to be true” maxim here.

She could probably legally bail. Such strict restrictions on using the fridge or having people over probably violate rental laws.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

CheesyDog posted:

"husband is a recovering alcoholic"
the women in the house "don't like strange men around".

Do they not think it's possible to be a recovering alcoholic or not possible to be an alcoholic in the first place? Cause based on the sober and celibate comment I think it's that latter. And being salty that a pregnant woman would not be comfortable with strange men hanging around her. Also, imagine having a phobia of other people being pregnant. What a mess this person is.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

CheesyDog posted:

I want my girlfriend (23) to dress up in a Russian uniform with a Mosin and go on a date with me (self.sex)

submitted 6 days ago by SomeRandomGuy8472

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Fatkraken posted:

there must be some kind of reenactment group that does that period and also isn't too sexist to let women be soldiers

There were already women in the Red Army so sexism isn't really a problem here.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ulex minor posted:

There were already women in the Red Army so sexism isn't really a problem here.

Ah, yes, reenactors, the notorious group for basing their treatment of diversity issues on actual facts and history.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Blade Runner posted:

The most powerful possible twist: they're identical twins

My [27F] ...... my sister's [25F]

Their poor mother. That was the longest labor on record.

MrQwerty posted:

"It's wood and bolt action so I don't think it would attract a lot of attention." Lol it's also like 4 feet long

You know part of the details is that she's going to need to fix the bayonet at some point, making it about 6 feet long.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Motronic posted:

You know part of the details is that she's going to need to fix the bayonet at some point, making it about 6 feet long.

I mean, I'd hope he'd go with a carbine if he's that concerned with "discretion," but considering how specific this fetish is, he definitely wants the full rifle with bayonet.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

I mean, I'd hope he'd go with a carbine if he's that concerned with "discretion," but considering how specific this fetish is, he definitely wants the full rifle with bayonet.

I'm shuddering just thinking about what he has in mind for the part where she field strips and cleans - the rifle?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like even in expensive areas the poster would be able to find a pretty similarly priced split with a more normal roommate situation. OP is essentially being treated like a guest crashing in someone else's place rather than someone paying for a chunk of the living space.

Bootstraps!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:ck5:

Honestly how long did that take you to find lol.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like even in expensive areas the poster would be able to find a pretty similarly priced split with a more normal roommate situation. OP is essentially being treated like a guest crashing in someone else's place rather than someone paying for a chunk of the living space.

Students would sign up for a gladiator-style pit fighting cage match for that rent here. Average is $800-1000 for a room anywhere close to campus.

e: oh and of course that's not including utils

Taima fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 3, 2018

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Do they not think it's possible to be a recovering alcoholic or not possible to be an alcoholic in the first place? Cause based on the sober and celibate comment I think it's that latter. And being salty that a pregnant woman would not be comfortable with strange men hanging around her. Also, imagine having a phobia of other people being pregnant. What a mess this person is.

Can't they get a room fridge for their stuff? Didn't they check it out before renting it? That would have told them this wasn't the right place. Outside of a cell away from all humanity, I don't know what is the right place.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
As with all redditors, the OP is a moron. So no.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Taima posted:

Students would sign up for a gladiator-style pit fighting cage match for that rent here. Average is $800-1000 for a room anywhere close to campus.

yeah but OP found the room via what sounds like some sort of public ad.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

incredible flesh posted:

on my homeworld, the woman dismembers the man after sex and uses his bones to fortify her nest

Ahhhh so that's where Pick is from

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Xenocides posted:

Parents should have taught the “too old to be true” maxim here.

Say what you want about Herodotus, at least he started to write poo poo down.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

Back at it again reading r/childfree. Here is a dispatch from a dad who hates that his wife has become....a mom

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/8ptqr1/cautionary_tale_from_someone_whose_wife_became_a/

something tells me he regrets his child. im not sure what though. He should 100% divorce his insane wife though.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

snergle posted:

something tells me he regrets his child. im not sure what though. He should 100% divorce his insane wife though.

I don't think he does. It would be amazing to live their former life with the joy of teaching their kid about the world. That is apparently over, though.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

snergle posted:

I'd love to hear her side.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Beachcomber posted:

I don't think he does. It would be amazing to live their former life with the joy of teaching their kid about the world. That is apparently over, though.

Doing that takes a lot more effort than this jackass wants to do. Maybe his perfect life would return if he hired a nanny.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah but OP found the room via what sounds like some sort of public ad.

I, uh, what? I am talking about public ads? What are you referring to if not public ads? Single rooms on Craigslist here are $800-1000.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Khazar-khum posted:

Doing that takes a lot more effort than this jackass wants to do. Maybe his perfect life would return if he hired a nanny.

He wants to have an occasional date with his wife, who is using sex as a weapon to force him into having a vasectomy reversal, and wants go on less extravagant vacations now that his wife has reneged on their agreement, and is refusing to go back to work. What an rear end in a top hat.

This isn't, "she doesn't have as much time for me as she used to." This is, "she is going back on literally every agreement we made, and and trying to browbeat me into going along her with her new plans."

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

I am scared that she will not take it well if I ask for a divorce and will try and withhold my child from me and that I will be the huge rear end in a top hat. She keeps accusing that not wanting more means I don't really love my daughter, and I really resent that. I love my daughter. I just don't want another child. 

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

MarcusSA posted:

:ck5:

Honestly how long did that take you to find lol.

Less than a minute, I knew her story. It's sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Shanina

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Do they not think it's possible to be a recovering alcoholic or not possible to be an alcoholic in the first place? Cause based on the sober and celibate comment I think it's that latter.

What? His parents are glad it’s difficult to drink or have women over. What are you talking about in re: the alcoholic husband?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Power Khan posted:

her diary entries are really heartbreaking.

talks about boys she has crushes on and suchlike. so girlish, despite the fact that she is one of history's deadliest warriors

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Ok well that’s a loving downer.

Thanks for linking that though I never knew about her.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Hot takes: yeah it's pretty loving garbage to emotionally abuse a guy into having kids he doesn't want and while the person in that other apartment post is obviously crazy, the landlords are also loving crazy and stupidly draconian so whatever

"Well she's pregnant she doesn't want strange men around" gosh probably shouldn't have rented your place out to a college student huh

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 3, 2018

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Half of the poo poo that tenant guy is complaining about is that too many of the people living there work from home and that he's grossed out by pregnant women

And like he's complaining about how small the house is but did he not see it before signing a lease?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Really hoping we get an update on this one

GF's dad filled out her mail-in ballot, forged her signature, and sent her a photo of the completed ballot with the caption 'If anybody asks, you voted.' (self.legaladvice)

quote:

My girlfriend was furious. Not only is this obviously illegal, but it's a huge breach in trust for my girlfriend and it totally defeats the purpose of voting for her, her brother, and everybody else that this happens to. To be clear, my girlfriend and her parents DO NOT share political views, and they know that.
I just want to know what action can be taken to potentially block the ballot from being counted and/or what can be done to press her father to understand that this is a serious crime and a clear breakdown of the Democratic system.
Edit: This is in Arizona.
Edit 2: We found out that the ballot has not been mailed yet. We are having her father send us the parcel instead of having him "throw it out" and risk it being submitted. The reason the ballot did not come to us is because he signed her up for early voting and put his address as the place to mail it. We live in a different city.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Really hoping we get an update on this one

GF's dad filled out her mail-in ballot, forged her signature, and sent her a photo of the completed ballot with the caption 'If anybody asks, you voted.' (self.legaladvice)

Wow, legit voter fraud.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
With a paper trail

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Taima posted:

I, uh, what? I am talking about public ads? What are you referring to if not public ads? Single rooms on Craigslist here are $800-1000.

The implication being that where the OP lives 450 isn't so outrageously low that they could find something for that price on craigslist and could probably have found a different less weird place for a similar figure

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ah, yes, reenactors, the notorious group for basing their treatment of diversity issues on actual facts and history.

Reenactors tend to be big nerds about historical accuracy yeah, I have a sister who was part of a Red Army group and there were a bunch of other women in it too.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ulex minor posted:

Reenactors tend to be big nerds about historical accuracy yeah, I have a sister who was part of a Red Army group and there were a bunch of other women in it too.

there's nerd reenactors and racist reenactors and nerd racist reenactors, sounds like your sister is in group 1 to me

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Apparently Germanic history reenactors have to deal with a lot of Neo-Nazis.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The Lone Badger posted:

Judge threw out prenup and is requiring me to pay alimony [Texas]

I hope this is the same person who posted a relationship thread about forcing his wife to accepting him having a live-in younger girlfriend. He had a similar ludicrous prenup that he was threatening her with. Iirc some posters told him that it was not enforceable, but according to him that didn't matter as the wife's English was bad so she had no chance of finding out.

e: Turns out I was misremembering things.

kissekatt fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 4, 2018

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For $450 for one's own room in almost any major college town I would drink warm beer, have sex at my SO's place, put up with a crying baby, and also give several major organs. That literally is how the world works.

Also lol at tokophobic when its not your pregnancy and you dont have to deliver it.

This is a top 25 all time worst OP listmaker for me, so I appreciate hearing the other sides points to challenge my POV. I don't think I'm coming around any time soon, but it's always fun to find out one's opinion is considered extreme. Not for most people obv, but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

El_Elegante posted:

Young, dumb, and full of Khazar-Khum.

an Under Appreciated Post.