Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Character Assassination of stealie72 by the Coward Nu-QCS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

oh no they're going to get to page 4 on their years old donations thread, that'll show us they're not insincere psychos

Actually, By the end of the week, this subforum will have raised more for the Trevor Project, PFLAG, etc. than some FYAD shitler will have spent on pwning the loathsome gunfuckers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The Character Assassination of stealie72 by the Coward Nu-QCS

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wormskull posted:

Guys, I'm going to try to play SF6 tonight without getting pissed at the tryhards.

Impossible

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
tactilol NUQCS

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

slowly bobbing my head to "got the deal" on the local nu qcs station

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
nu Qo'noS

These TFR posters have no honour

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Queen ft. David Bowie- UnDerprusher

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All I'm going to say is thanks to the punk rock band Sex Pistols, a lot of people didn't get on any lists for their google searches.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

was never a big fan of nu-qcs tbh, i'm more of a thrash qcs kind of guy

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

there is no SAD discussion thread for minor issues and the TFR thread was closed, so I'm posting here. I have no stake in the argument and I don't post in TFR and only occasionally lurk in this thread, but I went and read the gun control debacle out of curiosity. the week long "ramp probations" for light trolling are among the stupidest I've seen handed out recently.

from the perspective of someone living outside the first world bubble, reading the drivel in the gun forum is a fascinating window into the psyche of a subset of Americans that have achieved the cognitive dissonance required to self-describe as leftists while repeating tired conservative arguments about gun control.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
and that's coming from Tosk

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sadcs is open from 10-2pm EST, tuesdays and thursdays. post outside those times, and face the ramp

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

you can't post in SAD on Saturdays. thread goes sleepy time now.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Cranappleberry posted:

and that's coming from Tosk

you know you hosed up when notorious troll and bad poster "Tosk" comes to criticize your dumb rear end

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tosk posted:

there is no SAD discussion thread for minor issues and the TFR thread was closed, so I'm posting here. I have no stake in the argument and I don't post in TFR and only occasionally lurk in this thread, but I went and read the gun control debacle out of curiosity. the week long "ramp probations" for light trolling are among the stupidest I've seen handed out recently.

from the perspective of someone living outside the first world bubble, reading the drivel in the gun forum is a fascinating window into the psyche of a subset of Americans that have achieved the cognitive dissonance required to self-describe as leftists while repeating tired conservative arguments about gun control.

It's just the libertarian bros who stopped saying fag and thinks now that makes them cool allies. Like the guy who says he's cishet then calls people queers, and when called out on it the rest of them defend him cause he's one of the good ones.

In happier news we acquired a puppy last night. He's adorable and sweet and I never wanted one of these dogs but just bringing him home I understood why people love them. Hopefully a sweet puppy doesn't inspire one of those weirdos to go strangle a bird or something.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

they're terrified of a hypothetical situation they dream up themselves, it's kinda like when a politics poster creates a boogeyman to get angry at only 10000x more deranged

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ahhh! it's coming right at me!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The most recent incarnation of QCS is the quietest it's ever been. Two years ago it was constant fighting so I don't know how you could blame anything on "nu-QCS"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tosk posted:

not to post seriously but its not just the conservative arguments, its that like, the structure of the arguments are conservative. "we shouldn't do anything because it might make things worse instead" is a fundamentally conservative argument. "we can't do anything because even if we had a good idea, the government is too incompetent or evil/racist to do it" is a conservative argument. its one of those things ive started to watch out for, because it is actually very easy to use these arguments but dress them up in leftist language

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ahhh! it's coming right at me!!

Dammit cspam got to him first

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they're terrified of a hypothetical situation they dream up themselves, it's kinda like when a politics poster creates a boogeyman to get angry at only 10000x more deranged

I think they egg each other on and themselves on by exposing themselves to other peoples’ dangers and struggles and hyperbole and don’t bother tempering that stuff against anything else. It’s hard to imagine a lot of these people never experienced some kind of real threat or transgression but come on man. As if you’re going to be the hero, and as if you dying when you fumble your gun in an Active Shooter Situation or Cop Battle is anything but vanity.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

It's just the libertarian bros who stopped saying fag and thinks now that makes them cool allies. Like the guy who says he's cishet then calls people queers, and when called out on it the rest of them defend him cause he's one of the good ones.

In happier news we acquired a puppy last night. He's adorable and sweet and I never wanted one of these dogs but just bringing him home I understood why people love them. Hopefully a sweet puppy doesn't inspire one of those weirdos to go strangle a bird or something.

That’s a great dog

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont think its about politics at all and they just spout twitter brained catchphrases and adopt an aeathetic where the black guys they imagine shooting have on red hats

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think my favorite is any time "we shouldn't do anything because the correct answer is to overthrow the government and establish communism" shows up which is shockingly common as a terrible argument

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Snow Cone Capone posted:

was never a big fan of nu-qcs tbh, i'm more of a thrash qcs kind of guy

lol

Wormskull posted:

I think they egg each other on and themselves on by exposing themselves to other peoples’ dangers and struggles and hyperbole and don’t bother tempering that stuff against anything else. It’s hard to imagine a lot of these people never experienced some kind of real threat or transgression but come on man. As if you’re going to be the hero, and as if you dying when you fumble your gun in an Active Shooter Situation or Cop Battle is anything but vanity.

the nra puts out this magazine, american hunter, that has a page in every issue dedicated to RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES stories about how some guy killed someone robbing his house, as well as a letter from the head of the nra about the current status of the gun control fight

the tfr arguments were essentially the same as what gets written in the propaganda magazine lol

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
idc about the politics. They are being wieners about some mild trolling+disagreement and a few of the posters are making some disturbing claims, whether the claims are true or false.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

not to post seriously but its not just the conservative arguments, its that like, the structure of the arguments are conservative. "we shouldn't do anything because it might make things worse instead" is a fundamentally conservative argument. "we can't do anything because even if we had a good idea, the government is too incompetent or evil/racist to do it" is a conservative argument. its one of those things ive started to watch out for, because it is actually very easy to use these arguments but dress them up in leftist language

I think you were articulating this point (and your stance in general) rather well throughout that thread. I agree with you and honestly I wouldn't dunk on someone for falling into those rhetorical traps, god knows "the government is too incompetent to do anything effectively" is an increasingly salient perspective, but once confronted with them it is pretty dumb to double down or keep aggressively missing the point, which seemed to be happening a lot in the gun control thread

edit: also, the week long probes. hand out one or two days for posting about other posters rudely if you must, but a week for this?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ok wait the actual funniest person making a conservative argument was someone saying "we shouldn't ban guns because then right wing militas will revolt and kill people" and i think arguing that the government should operate in fear of right wing militias is actually not a conservative argument, but a nazi argument

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
That and they are so Amero-centric they just completely ignore all the other various countries that laid down strict gun control laws and things didn't dissolve into 'criminals' forming up and gunning down everyone else.

Or school shootings, but they mock school shooting survivors for being pussies so just nuke the subforum imo

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
Or at least threadban them from everywhere except TFR and put up that nuclear 'nothing of value is buried here' warning

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cranappleberry posted:

idc about the politics. They are being wieners about some mild trolling+disagreement and a few of the posters are making some disturbing claims, whether the claims are true or false.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DarkHorse posted:

Donated to the Trevor Project as well. Not looking for recognition or anything,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this machine punches 5 year olds

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
its insanely cool that the most insecure, thin skinned losers are also the ones strapped to the gills ready to commit exterminatus on a feral child

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

In happier news we acquired a puppy last night. He's adorable and sweet and I never wanted one of these dogs but just bringing him home I understood why people love them.

good choice friend, pet ownership is great. dogs, cats, birds, whatever. it's nice to have something that you can care for and spend time with.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tosk posted:

I think you were articulating this point (and your stance in general) rather well throughout that thread. I agree with you and honestly I wouldn't dunk on someone for falling into those rhetorical traps, god knows "the government is too incompetent to do anything effectively" is an increasingly salient perspective, but once confronted with them it is pretty dumb to double down or keep aggressively missing the point, which seemed to be happening a lot in the gun control thread

edit: also, the week long probes. hand out one or two days for posting about other posters rudely if you must, but a week for this?

that week long is for doxxing and selfharm.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
They surround themselves with guns and cosplay as borderlands NPCs because of being insecure, thin-skinned losers

I would wet myself and cry if someone pointed a gun at me and I'm still thicker-skinned than them for not pretending owning a rackful of guns turns me into an IRL John Wick

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

This is a good dog. Give him all the hugs for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009